Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Speech Therapists in India. You will find Speech Therapists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Speech Therapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Ms. Varsha Srivastava
Speech Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Therapy Oral Language
Language Therapy Treatment
Language Stimulation Treatment
Treatment of Learning Dysfunction Disorders
Language Presa Treatment
Oral Motricity Surgery
Submit a review for Ms. Varsha SrivastavaYour feedback matters!
Doctor, I have a difficult to speak fluently or just like talking in speed motion. Only in sometimes I just got sticked while talking because of my tongue fluency. Can not able to speak fluently, I think its because of my tongue. I clean my tongue everyday after brush, also it still remains. Is there any solution doctor?
I am 18 years old female since onme month I have a throat problem and little bit swelling and developing nasal speech I can not speech some words clearly what should I do?
My grandson is two years old yet he is not speaking. We are doing speech therapy, can we consult a children phycotist?
I am a singer by profession from mumbai. I'm suffering from vocal nodules from last 6 months. I have a big size polyp in my right vocal chord. Its been 4 months m taking regular treatment. Homeopathy medicine plus vocal therapy from a renowned doctor in mumbai. But still only 20 to 30% recovery is there. I'm really tensed as my whole career depends on my voice. please suggest what should I do to get recover soon.
After radiation Dad is having speech disturbance and change in voice Weakness as per as doc said we had MRI scan I want to know what a complication.
Hi my son is 2.6 years old. He talks nicely but starting of vowels as we have observed, he drags it like" eeeega" neeeeeeeru" so I am worried. Is it stammer or normal. Please let me know. Thank you.
Stammering or stuttering is a type of speech impairment where sounds or syllables are repeated involuntarily or there are unintended gaps in between words when the person is unable to make the desired sound.
People develop stutters due to genetic flaws, motor functioning defects, coordination problems or due to psychological stressors. The condition can result in anxiety, depression and withdrawal from verbal communication.
How does homeopathy help?
A stutter can be practiced away or corrected by speech therapy but there is no specific medicine that can be used to cure stammering. Homeopathic medicines can provide relief from the symptoms by fixing flawed nervous functions, improve motor coordination and modify the vocal apparatus. Different homeopathic treatments can be used depending on the nature of the condition.
The following is a list of homeopathic remedies and lifestyle changes that can be used to address the problem:
- Foods rich in vitamin B6 like nuts, fish, bananas and chicken should be consumed regularly by children who have a stutter to help with motor functions.
- Adults should avoid caffeine, tobacco and other recreational drugs as they cause hyper-stimulation of the nervous system.
- Stramonium (jimsonweed) can be used when the stammering is violent and the person distorts the facial muscles heavily in order to be able to speak.
- Lychopodium (clubmoss) can be useful for stammering as well as depression, memory weakness and sleep problems. This is especially helpful if the patient struggles with the last few words of a sentence.
- Spigelia is beneficial for a mild stutter at the beginning of a sentence, often followed by undisturbed speech.
- Causticum is prescribed when emotional excitability causes stammering, twitching of the facial muscles or problems in the vocal chords.
- Staphysagria can aid in reducing social anxiety which often causes stammering i.e. the stammer only happens while interacting with strangers or authority figures.
- Nux vomica (strychnine) is the medicine to use when stammering is a result of extreme stress or over work.
- Fright or shock often causes speechlessness or stammering. Aconite can provide immediate relief in such cases.
- Lachesis is an effective homeopathic medicine when the patient stutters over specific letters or syllables.
- Gelsemium is used to treat stuttering after severe viral infections when the patient complains of a heavy tongue and lack of general coordination. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.