Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Speech Therapists in India. You will find Speech Therapists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Speech Therapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Therapy Oral Language
Language Therapy Treatment
Language Stimulation Treatment
Treatment of Learning Dysfunction Disorders
Language Presa Treatment
Oral Motricity Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Varsha SrivastavaYour feedback matters!
My son is 2.5 years and he is listen and respond every thing but problem is that his speech is not proper only he speaking some words like (e.g. Papa, Duddhu, Aao). So I want suggestion what should I do. Some one told me that use Brahmi Buti+Almond madam+One Kaali mirch with Sehad early in the morning. Please suggest.
I have a problem of Stammering. I not completely Stammering but in starting only, when I start conversation. I also feel problem when someone is telling something and I have to cut that topic.
I am very confused as a remedy for a problem. Stressed tongue so can't move it freely and pain in jaw, improper breathing which leads to stammering, a lot actually. 1. Few doctors are recommending me to get my calcium and vitamin b12 levels checked. 2. Others are recommending me to take vitamin b1 with magnesium to treat the stammering problem. So should I get checked all the above 4 things or what should I do? Help!
I have ear blockage a constant beep sound ringing (no pain) this happened when I woke up from my bed 2 days ago in AC Room. I checked my doctor he prescribed nasal drops and Supradyn for 6 days. And said 1 exercise to follow after taking 5 drops of nasal drops in the nose (closing nose holes and blow air so this will open up the ear block - for 10 times) for morning and night. Compared to the 1st day I feel okay with the ear block but the constant beep noise is still there like the beginning. My Questions are: 1. Am I following the correct treatment/medicine for this? 2. When does this beep sound goes off? 3. If anything else, kindly explain me in detail. Like. (*what should I do? *what test should I take?)
There are instances when a kid doesn’t show the usual signs of development compared to their peers. Most parents take it casually thinking that their child will catch up in due course only to find a larger problem associated with it. It is therefore extremely important to discuss speech and language related delays with a medical practitioner to find out whether a child is immature or has a genuine problem which requires medical help. A child can show different signs as per age:
Different age group:
- Within the first 12 months, a baby should be able to relate to his environment and make babbling and cooing sound. It is often observed that by month 9, a baby is capable of stringing sounds after seeing things. If a baby is intently watching objects, but is unable to make any sound, this may be an early symptom of speech or language related problem.
- Between the 12th and the 15th month, a baby should be capable of making a wide array of sounds including few commonly used words. Babies should also be able to take few basic instructions and oblige those.
- Between the age of 18th and 24th months, a baby becomes smart enough to pronounce anywhere in the range of 20 to 50 words. They also start combining words and make simple sentences. They should be capable of identifying common objects and remember their names.
- By the age of 3, a toddler should be smart enough to combine 4-5 words and form sentences. Kids of this age also become smart enough to take straightforward instructions and perform them comfortably. Any deviation on this should be immediately reported to the Doctor.
What are the warning signs?
If a child between the age of 1-2 is not able to do the following things:
- Fails to use gesture
- Use more gesture than vocalising by the age of 18 months
- Produce no voice by 18th-month
- Fails to perform simple instructions
A child between the age of 2-3 needs evaluation if:
- Capable of imitating words but isn’t spontaneous in vocalising
- Repeats certain words multiple times
- The tone of voice is unusual compared to his peers
Possible causes of speech and language delay:
- Problems with palate leading to oral impairments
- Short frenulum restricting sufficient tongue movement to produce speech
- Oral-motor problems leading to speech limitation
- Problems related to hearing
- Chronic infection of the ear leading to speech delay
What does the pathologist assess?
- What can the child speak?
- What can the child understand?
- Oral-motor status
- Clarity of speech
Post the above evaluation a pathologist directs a plan of action. Sometimes speech therapy sessions are recommended in order to improve kids’ skill. For a motor related problem, a doctor can state a plan of action and limit the expectation of parents. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Speech Therapist.
I have an problem of stammering I want to cure it quickly. So I want some help from you to cure my stammering problem.
I am 28 year old professionally a software engineer I feel that I procrastinate things ,become confuse with spellings while writing. Finds difficulty in continuously speaking and prompt answering. Rate of thought generations seems slow to me as I compared myself with few other people. My attentions wanders from recent tasks and so I take more time for doing things. Overall it reduces my performance at my work place and I have been asked for performance improvement previously at my work place .How I should control and reduce it to improve my performance . Also I want to improve the way of doing things I closely observed successful people from IITS and NITS , and I want to change my living style as like them. Can study of NLP (Neural linguistic programming ) help me ?Please help. I Want to achieve my dreams.
When I speak to people. They cannot hear my voice properly. They said me that you have bad sound. But in the past I was able to speak clearly but now what has happened with me. I have cough also. What should I do now?
My frnd was talking not correctly Means some words he talk fast which can I can't understand Is that any ayurvedic or medically treatment for his problem He is now 24 aged Full details about this problem and solution also.
Hi sir wat are the symptoms anf causes of stammering pls rply me and is there medicine or treatment for stammering.
I am 20 years old. I am very week. I look like 15. What should I do? I use to stammer also. Please help me.
I am 20 old male. I have puberphonia, have very rough voice. So I want to undergo with voice therapy, so can please tell me approx cost for this treatment. Please. Thank you.
Sir I have done endoscopy because of voice not coming clear 3 month completed. In endoscopy found nodule on vocal cord. Doctor suggest me surgery what should I do. Can not this problem treated without surgery. I am very worry sir. Please suggest me what should I do?
ÏCerebral Palsy (CG) is a neurological disorder caused by an injury to the brain or a brain malformation that occurs while the child’s brain is still developing – in the mother’s womb before birth, during birth, or immediately after birth.
This disorder affects the child’s movement and muscle coordination and control. It also affects his:
- Motor skills and
- Oral motor functions
In easy to understand language, CG can impact the child’s ability to walk, talk, sit, do simple tasks like eating, combing hair, talking, and other activities we take for granted. The physical impairment caused by cerebral palsy can affect all limbs, the face and head, or it may just affect one limb. Since CG affects muscles and a child’s ability to control them, common symptoms include muscles that contract too much, too little, or all at the same time, leading to limbs that are stiff and forced into awkward positions. Other complications also arise such as intellectual impairment, seizures, or vision/ hearing and speech impairment.
How does Speech Therapy help?
Speech problems affect more than half of all children with cerebral palsy as they have difficulty controlling the muscles in their face, throat, neck and head. Apart from speaking, this also affects chewing and swallowing. It can also cause drooling and the ability to learn, difficulty hearing and understanding spoken language.
This is where speech and language therapy comes in. Speech therapy improves a child’s speech and communication by strengthening the muscles used for speech. It also improves understanding of speech and language as well as help with swallowing disorders, like dysphagia.
Speech therapy helps exponentially as when children improve their speech and communication, they are able to express their needs, share their thoughts and interact with others, leading to an overall improvement in their overall quality of life.
Speech therapy can help with the following:
- Articulation of words
- Sound and word formation
- Language and vocabulary development
- Breath control
- Speech muscle coordination
Apart from this, the other primary benefits are boosting self esteem, socialization, independence and reducing shyness.
Exercises used in Speech Therapy
Speech therapy treatment usually consists of exercises tailored to a child’s specific needs. Different exercises are used in speech therapy like:
- Articulation therapy: The therapist uses language cards to help focus attention on specific sounds to encourage the child to make sounds while looking in the mirror to help him understand how his mouth moves.
- Blowing exercises: The therapist encourages the child to blow bubbles or a whistle to train the mouth muscles to produce sounds.
- Breathing exercises: Work is exclusively on inhalation and exhalation to strengthen the diaphragm.
- Jaw exercises: The child is encouraged to eat foods that require extra chewing to strengthen jaw muscles.
- Language and word association: The therapist uses flashcards with different words and sounds written on them. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Speech Therapist.