Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in New Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
My sister is 24 years old, height is 5 feet 1 inches she have a weight 58 kg. She have no sugar or thyroid problems. How can she lose some kilos? please reply.
Meri girlfriend ka mensuration cycle 21 days k baad hua normal raha pehle 3 din mai uska baad 5th day par kch few drops hotay rahay any serious issue koi problem toh nhi hai?
Hello sir I just want to she has bicornute sub septed uterus. Can she pregnant normally? There was 3 miscarriage with 3 pregnancy. Please tell me.
A sip of tea to begin the day can banish the dregs of sleep and energize you for the day ahead. Tea is not only tasty, but has a number of health benefits as well. The most basic way tea helps the body is by hydrating it. Here are a few other benefits of a cup of tea.
- Soothes the digestive system: It is not only for taste that the Chinese like a cup of tea after their meals. Tea, particularly herbal tea can soothe the digestive system and aid in digestion. Ginger tea can additionally fight nausea.
- Clearer skin: Tea is rich in antioxidants that can detoxify the body and rid it of free radicals. This in turn helps fight signs of aging such as age spots, wrinkles and fine lines. It also keeps the skin firm and prevents sun damage.
- Improves heart health: Drinking a cup of tea regularly can help keep your heart healthy. This is because tea is a major source of flavanoids for the body that neutralizes free radicals. This also improves blood vessel and endothelial function and regularizes cholesterol levels. Green tea is also said to lower the risk of heart attacks.
- Weight loss: Tea has no calories of its own, just like water it keeps the body hydrated without affecting your weight. Thus, drinking a cup of tea instead of having a snack can temporarily fill the stomach and curb hunger pangs without any calorific gain. Also, oolong and green tea are said to increase metabolism rates, which further helps in weight loss.
- Boost dental health: When had without sugar or honey, tea can boost your dental health. Green tea protects the body against gum disease and can lower the risk of oral cancer. However, too much tea can stain enamel and spoil your smile if you do not maintain good dental hygiene habits.
- Reduced stress: Cortisol is one of the leading causes of stress. Tea can help reduce the amount of cortisol produced in the body and thus help you relax and fight stress. Lowered cortical levels can also slow down the aging process.
- Boost immunity: Herbal tea can also help boost the functionality of the immune system. Dandelion tea is said to aid the immune system in fighting ulcers, bronchitis and pneumonia. Chamomile tea has chemical compounds that increase the production of white blood cells. Similarly, ginseng tea encourages the production of both white blood cells and interferon.
Though it has a number of health benefits, like anything else, tea should not be had in excess. So, limit yourself to a cup or two a day.