Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Varsha SardanaYour feedback matters!
We all crave for that glowing, healthy skin which is easy to maintain and are willing to shell our exorbitant amounts to achieve the same. However, we need not look far. There are some magical products right in our homes which can do the trick for us, without spending time or money. Besan (gram flour) is one such wonder.
Read on to know some of its most significant benefits.
- Anti-tanning effects: If you have just come back from a holiday and are wondering how to get rid of the tan from your face, then try this. Mix a couple of spoons of besan with some lime, yogurt and a pinch of turmeric. Leave it on your face for a while and wash it off to see your skin become radiant and glowing. In about a week’s time, your tan would be a thing of the past.
- Decrease oily feeling: For people with oily or greasy skin, a simple face pack made by mixing gram flour with raw milk or yogurt applied for 20 minutes will do wonders. It can even be mixed with rose water and honey and used as a face pack. The residues and the dirt that oily skin tends to accumulate would be gone.
- Anti-acne agent: While acne continues to remain one of the dreadful skin issues, the besan comes to the rescue here too. Mixed with sandalwood powder, milk and turmeric powder, besan can be used to fight pimples. Apply it on the skin and dry it off once it dries.
- Anti-sagging effect: Whip up an egg white and add gram flour to it and apply it on the face for about 30 minutes. The skin will be firmer and will have a youthful glow.
- For instant fairness: When you have a function coming up or have to go out and do not have time for a visit to the parlour, head to the kitchen. Take the besan flour and add orange peel powder if available or just add milk cream. Use circular motions to help it soak into the skin. When you wash it after about 20 to 30 minutes, the skin will be soft, supple, and flowing.
- Controls unwanted hair: With regular use, besan mixed with fenugreek seeds (methi) or sandalwood powder, lime, and milk cream helps control unwanted hair growth.
For those who remember, besan is the only cleaning agent used, which leaves them with soft, supple skin which is free of oiliness and unwanted hair. So, what are you waiting for? The best art is that this can be used regularly without having to step out of the house while continuing to do the regular household chores. If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.
Is diabetes is a STD. Can it cause or transmitted while having oral sex or without any protection with diabetic patient.
My friend asked me a question he done unsafe sex with her gf after completion of period time then she is saying some fluid is releasing from vagina is that is the symptoms for pregnancy?
Hello doctor I am having vaginal infection ,I.e itching since 2 months. I have taken candid3 vaginal tablet, 15 days back. But no effect.
Being a female is an icon of responsibility in many perspectives. The female figure shares a huge responsibility in the family (husband, kids, other members), society, self, workplace etc. Hence it becomes necessary that a woman must understand what all arrangements she needs to make herself comfortable during days when she is going for laparoscopic surgery and after surgery.
Normally admission in the hospital is done one day before the surgery. During the day of surgery, you can be discharged if your clinical condition is fine. Usually it takes, on an average, 2-3 days of hospital stay. U need to make arrangements at home for 2-3 days when you are absenting from your respective responsibilities.
Before you leave for hospital, for the surgery
- Make sure that you have informed your absence at a particular place (e.g. workplace, family etc) for specific time period.
- If you have got an insurance then you need to complete your paperwork for claiming benefits of surgery from the same.
- You should stop taking all medicines / diets which has got tendency to thin the blood e.g. vitamins, natural supplements, any analgesics that may contain aspirin (salicylic acid) or any blood thinner medicines. This might increase chances of blood loss during surgery. Usually your surgeon makes notice of all these issues but, if missed by any chance, then you need to inform your surgeon about these.
- You need to arrange someone who can accompany you on the day of the surgery and can help during your stay at hospital. This person must be someone with whom you are comfortable because he/she may have to help you go to the bathroom, get dressed, etc.
- Arrangements of meals should be made beforehand, at your home. You can buy or prepare several meals ahead of time since after surgery you will feel weak and will not have the energy to cook.
- You should do your house cleaning and laundry beforehand.
- You should select comfortable clothing for your convalescence.
- You should select underclothing made up of cotton or satin as these textures will be less irritating to the wound and will allow you to slip out of bed more easily.
- You should prepare the part of the house where you will recuperate after surgery during the first few days. You can arrange clean sheets, pillows, heating pad, analgesics, reading material, remote control, telephone, etc at your selected place so that you can manage things easily.
- You can buy some good magazines, arrange few movies so that you can keep yourself occupied during your convalescence.
What to pack
Mostly the hospitals provide almost every required consumable. Still you should prepare your hospital bag and should go over its contents with the person who will be accompanying you so that he/she knows what you packed and where you placed the items. Make sure to pack the following:
- Health insurance and hospital cards
- Sanitary napkins
- Mobile charger and earphones
- Reading material
- Lip balm
- Absorbent disposable tissue paper
Pre-operative appointment with Surgeon
- You should ask all your doubts regarding the laparoscopic surgical procedure e.g. what will be done in surgery? what all I shall expect after surgery? what kind of anaesthesia I shall be receiving?
- You should understand the instructions given to you by your surgeon e.g. when to reach hospital? Where to reach in the hospital? When to stop eating? etc.
- You should ask your surgeon whether he /she will be providing video recording / intra-operative pictures of your laparoscopic surgery.
The day before surgery
- You should not wear any makeup, hairspray, body lotion or deodorant.
- You should remove nail polish, jewellery and contact lenses.
- You should wear loose clothing such a dress without any elastic at the waist.
- You should wear an undergarment so that no fabric rubs against your navel after the procedure. Also, make sure your panties are loose /comfortable or a size larger than you usually wear as they will be more comfortable if your abdomen is swollen.
- You should wear shoes that are easy to slip on and off since it is uncomfortable while bending, after the procedure.
- When you arrive at the hospital, try to relax. Listening to soothing music / watching movie will help.
After the surgery
- Once you are getting discharged from the hospital you should arrange a transport vehicle which has minimum tendency to give bumps when on road. In the vehicle, recline the seat and place a pillow against your tummy to absorb the shock of bumps in the road.
- Once at home you should avoid sleeping in day time. You should can keep yourself occupied with reading magazine / watching movies / listening to music etc. It is advisable to have a sound sleep in the night.
- Your abdominal muscles are expected to be discomforting for the first few days. You should take medicines as advised.
- Hold a pillow against your stomach if you sneeze or cough to lessen the pain.
- Your shoulders might hurt the first few days. You should sit in a reclining position and place a heating pad on your shoulders. When you feel better, walk a little around the house.
- To get out of bed, roll onto your side and then gradually sit up using your arms for support. After sitting wait for a while and watch for any giddiness. Giddiness is expected for a short while and should vanish in few minutes. Once you are stable then slip your feet out of bed and then stand up. Again, wait for a while and watch for any giddiness. Once you are perfectly fine then you should start walking.
- Feel nauseous is common due to anesthetic medicines given during surgery or the medicines you might be receiving. To combat nausea, you can try few measures: rub a pad moistened with rubbing alcohol under your nose, lie down, breathe through the mouth, suck on a mint candy, eat dry crackers or drink ginger ale.
- Diet should be gradually upgraded. You should start with liquids, initially, and slowly moving up to solid food. The anaesthesia and analgesics can cause severe constipation after surgery. High fiber foods are recommended to prevent constipation (e.g pears, prunes, asparagus, carrots, whole-wheat bread etc).
- You should drink at least 1.5 to 2 litres of water per day. Water intake helps in preventing constipation and helps in eliminating traces of the anaesthesia.
- After the laparoscopic surgery wearing tampons is avoided. As wearing tampon might obscure the significant bleeding.
- After the laparoscopic surgery intercourse / sexual activity is not prohibited till the surgeon recommends.
- You may shower 24 hours after the surgery. Try to avoid contact of water with the stitches as this might delay healing of stitches.
- After few days of surgery, you can apply vitamin E to the incision if the scar looks normal (and there are no signs of infection). Vitamin E promotes healing.
- During recovery if you develop a fever, have difficulty urinating or experience heavy bleeding, contact your surgeon immediately or go to the hospital.
- When you return to work, wear loose clothing and avoid wearing synthetic undergarments, which will irritate your navel.
- It usually takes about a week to recover from a laparoscopy, a common and minimally invasive procedure. The secret to a speedy recovery is to take the necessary time and means to regain your energy.
I took an ecp on last sunday and my periods are preponed by 11 days with severe cramps and heavy nose bleeding. Is it normal?
Please suggest me I am spoiling my life by taking medicines in ten to fifteen pills daily without reason. I am mentally disturbed and frustrated.
Constant problems in women during intimate activity is enough to send you or your partner in agony. It is important to understand that it can be due to female sexual dysfunction. Female sexual dysfunction can happen at any stage of a woman's life and can be lifelong, but os usually acquired later in life. Also it can be due to some situations or all sexual situations.
Women with sexual dysfunction might show the following symptoms:
- Decreased sexual desire: A lack of interest and willingness to engage in sexual activity is the most common symptom of female sexual dysfunction.
- Sexual arousal disorder: The desire of involving in sexual activity might be present, but it is difficult to become aroused or unable to maintain the arousal during the act.
- Orgasmic disorder: One experiences repeated and constant difficulty in attaining orgasm despite of an orgasm and stimulation.
- Sexual pain disorder: Pain is experienced on vaginal contact or stimulation
Following can contribute to dysfunction:
- Medical conditions like kidney failure, heart diseases, cancer, and multiple sclerosis can lead to dysfunction. Some medicines like the antihistamines, antidepressants and blood pressure medicines can lead to a lowered sexual desire and an inability to experience orgasm.
- Hormonal changes during pregnancy, after a baby and menopause also affect the sexual activity. The estrogen levels fall postmenopausal and change the genital tissues along with the sexual responsiveness. It is believed that a decrease in estrogen levels leads to a decrease in the blood flow of the pelvic region, thus leading to more time for an orgasm.
- An anxiety or depression, which has not been treated can lead to sexual dysfunction. A history of sexual abuse or stress that has been present for a long time also leads to dysfunction.
- A conflict with the partner in the relationship or about sex can also decrease sexual responsiveness.
- Openly communicating with your partner about your likes and dislikes makes a great difference
- Regular exercising gives a boost to the stamina and elevates the mood thus increasing romantic feelings. Use of alcohol should be decreased
- Taking help from a therapist in case of problems with sex and relationships
- Use of device and lubricants can help in arousal
Hello, I m suffering from periods from last 9 days please tell me what should I do for stop this problem please tell me its urgent.
We have 10 month baby. My wife is pregnant for 42 days. We are not want a baby at this time. Please give us advise.
I'm married, Unexpectedly my husband force we doing sex, I made together before one, I conformed pregnancy. So we don't want to children this time. Please help me, How to destroy pregnancy. Please. Please.
I am 30 years old female i went to infertility hospital they said cyst should be gon to start the ivf process it well go naturally pl tell me or any food advice.
I am 47 years old, diabetic. I had my last periods on 2nd March 2016. In April the periods did not come till 6th, then I took tablets for early periods, but did not worked out. After that I consulted the Gynae and she gave me tablets to delay the periods which I took from 11th to 16th April and stopped it. But till date there is no periods, however sometimes I have symptoms. I had also test the pregnancy test through Prega-Kit twice, which was negative. Kindly guide accordingly and also let me know that how accurate the prega-kit? Thanks.
After my 1st pregnancy in 2010, I started putting weight. The other irregularities also started in 2011 and the tsh level also was on the higher limits of normal range. Then I consulted with endocrinologist, he suspected pcod and gave me metformin 500 mg and Diane 35 mg. Then the cycle became regular. As my life style lacks physical activity I started gaining weight. In 2014 I had about of iron deficiency anemia and treated with iron injection. The irritability and hirsutism became more after 2012.
For a long time cholesterol in totality was seen as a bad thing for your body although the truth was a little more complicated than that. Cholesterol primarily is divided into two types, one of which can be categorized as bad cholesterol and the other as good cholesterol. Let's have an in-depth look at both the categories.
LDL or Low Density Lipoprotein aka bad cholesterol: Cholesterol is a wax like chemical which is found all over the body and it has important functions to perform. Cholesterol is carried all over the body by Lipoproteins. The low density lipoproteins are denoted as bad cholesterol as they can accumulate on the walls of the blood vessels and cause blockages resulting in many ailments. LDL levels of 190 and above are considered dangerous.
Some of the risks associated with it are:
- Heart disease
- peripheral artery disease among many others
HDL or High Density Lipoprotein aka good cholesterol: This is a form of cholesterol which is usually desired in higher quantities as it removes LDL from the system by dislodging it from the arteries and then carrying it through the bloodstream into the liver. The liver then breaks it down and removes it from the body. Thus, higher number of HDL cholesterol is always desirable. Some of the ideal numbers for HDL cholesterol within the body are:
For Women - Ideal: 60 mg/dl, dangerous: 50 mg/dl or lower
For Men - Ideal: 60 mg/dl, dangerous: 50 mg/dl lower
The role of triglycerides:
Good and bad cholesterol levels also depend on the levels of triglycerides within the body and not just LDL or HDL cholesterol. Triglycerides are another type of fat which are used to store energy within the body, but can also affect your health. It is most associated with atherosclerosis when the levels of triglycerides are high within the body.
Some habits that contribute to high levels of it are:
- Lack of physical activity
- Obesity or being overweight
- Excesses in alcohol consumption
- Bad diet and others
Thus the good cholesterol vs bad cholesterol war also includes other factors, most of which can be easily changed by making subtle changes in lifestyle and incorporating healthier habits. This will increase the good cholesterol and the other relevant elements and reduce the bad.