Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Varsha DhamiYour feedback matters!
Can Glucostat tab be used for a patient with PCOD overweight and trying to conceive? The lady has a height of 5.2 and weight of 76 kgs.
I am 24 years old female and I am having some serious menstrual problems. I got free from my last period on 13th April and my new cycle was to commence on 6-7th May, but I missed my periods this month. I had intercourse after last month i.e. April after I was free of my periods so I thought it could be pregnancy issues. I waited for 3-4 days and then took a pregnancy kit test. RESULTS WERE NEGATIVE. Again I waited for my periods for few days because I have had this problems earlier even before marriage but this time I was getting very late as 15 days were passed. So I visited a doctor, she also took the kit test but again results were negative. In between this instead of periods I was having a white fluid discharge. She gave me medicines because I was having fever and also after 3-4 days the discharge stopped but now last night i.e. 27th May I got a heavy muddy discharge. Please help. What it could be? I have no earlier pregnancies, no abortion. I am married for 9 months only. Got my Thyroid tests too. There also results were negative. Please help.
Can I diet during the beginning stages of pregnancy? If the answer is yes. Will dieting harm the formation of my baby?
Are you pregnant and wondering whether is it okay to continue having sex? If you are having a normal pregnancy, it is fine to keep on having sex until your water breaks or you are going into labour. However, there are some circumstances where you may have to modify your sexual activities or avoid having sex.
Does sex during pregnancy harm your baby?
Your baby is not hurt, if you have sex during pregnancy. The amniotic sac and strong muscles of the uterus keep the baby protected. The thick mucus plug sealing the cervix guards the baby from infections.
Does sex during pregnancy trigger labour?
In the case of a normal and low risk pregnancy, there are no such risks as sexual stimulation cannot start labour or lead to a miscarriage. Some mild uterine contractions may occur because of an orgasm, but they are quite harmless and temporary.
The best sexual positions during pregnancy
During pregnancy, you should experiment in order to find out the sexual positions which are most comfortable for you. Finding a suitable sexual position is hard because of the growing belly.
- The missionary position becomes quite tough as your pregnancy develops and is impossible to carry out during late pregnancy. If you try this position during your first trimester of pregnancy, you should wedge a pillow under you. This should be done so that your position is not tilted and you do not lay flat on your back. Your partner should make sure not to put any pressure or support on your abdomen.
- Oral sex is considered to be safe during pregnancy, but there are certain limitations. Licking is okay, but blowing into your genital area should be abstained from. Forcing air into the vagina may lead to an air embolism. This can be harmful for your developing baby.
- It is not safe for you to indulge in oral sex with your partner during pregnancy, if he has oral herpes. If your partner has got oral herpes, you should completely abstain from having sex during the third trimester of pregnancy, even though he does not show symptoms.
In case you are not sure of your partner’s HIV status, you should use a dental dam or a sheet of latex for placing between your genitals and partner’s mouth. You should take suggestions and tips from a doctor to know more about sex during pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Today only my periods finished .after 2 months I got periods. So whn I have to do sex so that I can conceive.
I am 8 weeks 2 days pregnant. I am having mild cramps in lower abdomen. Why is it so? I am much concerned as it's my first pregnancy after 9 years of marriage. That too 2nd ivf. What should I do follow to have a healthy baby?
That I am suffering from pcod/ thyroid. I have been married since last nine months and until now I didn't for pregnant and furthermore I do get irregular periods. Since last three months I do not get periods though pregnancy tests done but result was negative pls help.
I have sex with my boyfriend. After 4 day I got yeast infection in my vagina. I took fluconazole 150 mg tablet. Infection was gone. But im in fear I miss my period. Last month period is on 18th. Before month it is 15th. Now it's 22nd no sign of period. Am I pregnant. It's been 2 week 4 days v have sex. I don't want to be pregnant now. Doctor I'm I pregnant. My belly is not felt it increases nd period missed making me fear. Kindly help me please.
My gf periods starts every months 9th its irregular. We had sex on 1st and I used condom I ejaculate in the condom. Condom has no leakage, I gave her unwanted 72 after 12 hrs. Any chance of pregnancy.
This problem to my friend she has problem of white water discharge in the age of 15. Some one told me it's leucorrhoea but in leucorrhoea the white water discharge is coming in more qty but in this case it come in very low qty. So is this also leucorrhoea or something else I and my friend so stressed pls give some good suggestions.
During first month of pregnancy my weight is 43. Now i'm going to complete fifth month but my weight is still 45. It's not increasing so I just want to ask what should I do. Is there any problem or complications in my pregnancy. I 'm very worried about it. Please suggest me something. As soon as possible. thank you.
Hello doctor. Am 5 months pregnant and have an extreme craving of white clay which is also known as khade in Hindi. If I doesn't take some pieces of that I get nausea. So please advice me that can intake of white clay is dangerous to my baby or me. please help me out Thanking you.
I have an irregular period I had my period last on the 24th April and ended on 29th April 2016 and on 19th may I try to have sex there was no penetration he released under my butt and I had a period tracker which I had just download right before my my period on the 24th April in the tracker am supposed to have my period on the 22 may so I got a pregnancy test done on the same day am suppose to have my period and it was negative could I be pregnant cause my period changes all the time help.
Hello, we have consult with a gayenologist she proscribe to my wife to take fertyl 50 twice by the third day of mc and livogen per day and prescribe me fetyl 25 per day 1. We have continued it. Now by the 2 month we trying for baby but my wife didn't get pregnant. We intercourse after her mc by 9th day with gep of 2 days in between the 16th day of mc. We have also done the blood test, urin test, tool test ,USG, semen test everything has to normal. Now told me that how and what we have to be do to get pregnant?
It is important for you to have a healthy and balanced body in order to perform your daily activities well. People often think health supplements are efficient alternatives to a healthy diet and regular physical exercise while most of the doctors and nutritionists believe that there is no need for any health supplement if you take in right quantity and quality of food and engage in regular exercise. While health supplements are not alternatives to a healthy lifestyle, they are somewhat necessary for everyday health in the hectic lifestyles of today.
Nowadays, stress (learn more about for Controlling Everyday STRESS) is a constant companion and the foods that we consume are often not of proper quality. You may think that you are taking foods full of nutrients but pesticides and chemicals used farming diminish the nutrient content from the crops. This creates a necessity for taking health supplements for the proper nourishment of body.People with certain medical conditions also need supplements. Supplements fill the gap in your diet.
Beneficial health supplements:
- Pregnant women and breastfeeding (leanr more about the Benefits of Breastfeeding) women need iron supplements. Folic acid can be supplemented in your diet in order to reduce the chances of birth defects.
- You can take in vitamin D supplements if they don't get enough sunlight every day. Adults, especially after the age of 40 need vitamin D and calcium supplements to maintain bone health.
- Adults above the age of 40 are also advised to take vitamin B-12 supplements.
Supplements have some side effects depending upon your health condition. If you take some supplements along with some other medicines or before surgeries, they can lead to serious complications. Research has concluded that some vitamin and minerals supplements particularly iron supplements, increase the risk of death. So it is necessary to have a proper examination of the body before you take health supplements. The risk factors include:
- Taking vitamin B6 regularly in excess of 100 mg may lead to damage of your nerves
- Taking 400 international units of vitamin E on a regular basis increases the health risk and may even lead to premature death
- Taking multivitamins does not supplement poor eating habits.
I am a 29 years old male. Yesterday, I had a sexual encounter. I had used condom as a measure of protection, but it failed. The condom got leaked during the act. What do I need to do now to prevent transmission of any stds? And what if I get diagnosed with any stds or hiv?
Chronic kidney disease also known as chronic renal disease is a form of kidney disorder where renal function is progressively lost over a long period. This disease has got unspecific symptoms and includes loss of appetite, feeling unwell, etc. People with high blood pressure or diabetes are more likely to have CKD. This disease leads to other complications, such as cardiovascular disease, anaemia and pericarditis.
Homeopathy is an ideal and effective form of treatment chronic kidney diseases. Homeopathy is natural and tries to correct all the underlying causes of the condition. General symptoms and constitutional indications are considered in homeopathy before choosing the best medicine. Here is a list of several homeopathic medicines, which are used to treat chronic kidney diseases like Kidney Stone Treatment, along with the symptoms in case of which they are used.
- Apis mellifica: This homeopathic medicine is not used in acute forms of CKD. Symptoms of this type include oedematous swelling on the face, paleness, headaches, pain in the back and limb, oedema pulmonum, etc. It is used when there are dull aches in the kidney, reduced urination and micturition. The urine contains albumen in high levels and blood corpuscles. Eruption of the skin occurs, and the patient feels drowsy.
- Arsenicum: This medicine is used in all stages of CKD and is one of the best remedies. It is used in later stages of the disease when the patient's skin becomes pale, and he develops a waxen appearance, excess thirst and diarrhoea. The shade of the urine is dark and full of albumen. Dyspnoea attacks are also observed while lying down during the night. Taking aconite produces a mucus and the patient gets relief.
- Aurum muriaticum: This homeopathic medicine is used to cure renal diseases such as morbus brightii caused from a gout or from syphilis. Digestive and nervous problems are indicated along with great irritability. Vertigo may also be caused.
- Belladonna: Belladonna is the ideal homeopathic remedy for treating inflammation of the kidneys accompanied by piercing or burning pain in the lumbar region of the kidney. The pain reappears repeatedly with increased intensity each time.
- Cantharis: This homeopathic cure is used in nephritis. There is a cutting pain in the lumbar region, the urine contains blood and the flow is in the form of drops. Cantharis is used in post diphtheric kidney disorders with dropsy.
- Conavallaria: Conavallaria is used in case of nephritis occurring due to heart disorders. It is used when the heart functions irregularly and also in anasarca and ascites because of mitral insufficiency.
Homeopathic medicines are very efficient for the treatment of chronic kidney diseases. There are homeopathic cures for all types of renal diseases.