Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Varsha DhamiYour feedback matters!
A kidney stone is like a small rock that forms in the kidney. Stones form when certain chemicals in the body clump together. A stone can either stay in the kidney or travel through the urinary system by passing though the urine and not causing any harm.
What are the symptoms?
Very small stones might pass through the urinary system without causing much pain. Larger stones can block the flow of urine if they get stuck in the ureters or urethra. Kidney stones do not usually cause any symptoms until they start to pass. Some symptoms might include:
Extreme pain in your back or side that will not go away
Blood in your urine
Fever and chills
Who are at risk ?
Anyone can have a kidney stone, but it may be more likely if you:
Are male and are overweight
Have had kidney infections
Have a family member with kidney stones
Have had kidney stones before
Eat a lot of animal protein (such as meat and eggs)
Do not drink enough liquids
Have certain medicines which can cause kidney stones
How are kidney stones treated?
Treatment depends on the location and size of the kidney stone. Drinking plenty of water and taking some medicines can help a small stone to pass more easily. For problem stones, there may be a few options:
Lithotripsy uses shock waves to break a large stone into smaller pieces that can pass.
Ureteroscopic Stone Removal uses a small tool to get and remove stones stuck in the ureters.
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy uses surgery to remove large stones from the kidneys.
Depending on the location of the kidney stone and many other factors the doctor decides on the most suitable procedure.
How can I prevent kidney stones?
If you have had kidney stones before, you are more likely to have kidney stones again. To help keep stones from forming, try to:
Drink 10 to 12 glasses of water each day
Eat less salt (sodium), meat and eggs
Find out what type of stone you have
Ask your doctor for a urine test
Talk to your doctor about your medicines and other tests for kidney stones
Do NOT reduce the calcium in your diet without talking to your doctor first! Studies show that limiting calcium in your diet may not stop kidney stones from forming and may harm your bones.
Hi, My friend's girlfriend has missed her period and it has been 16 days. He told me that she is virgin and when he and she got physical he tries to insert his penis but she told not and hence he was just able to touch the vagina. He was not able to insert properly not even he has inserted properly. He has fear that because of pre-cum may be she got fertilised. He never released the cum. He had pre-cum He is in lot of tension please help.
I have detected high prolactin level of 20.2 ng/mL where normal was 18.6 ng/mL will it affect my fertility.
My wife is suffering from acidic discharge from few years Many treatments done But it is repetitive again and again
I am 22 years old unmarried, m not getting my periods on time, earlier it was on time now it takes delay of 1or 2 weeks, I also hv gained my weight, sometimes I feels the problem of mood swings also during periods my BP also gets high. Doc has prescribed me to take mychiro tablets for 10 days. Suggest me with some solutions. Someone has told me not to hv this tablet. Please help.
Hi, I am 21 year old, my weight is 45. I am pregnant and on December 9 I am gonna be 7th months pregnant. But I have stopped taking the vitamin tablets given to me. Completely stopped taking tablets. During my 6th month anomaly scan baby weight is 500gm. should I take tablets prescribed to me.
Is it a fact or a myth that do not take bath during the first two days of periods? I have heard this from a lots of people but I don't know if it is right or wrong.
Hi my wife is 29 years old pregnant for 2 months with diabetes 120-140. Doctors wants to give insulin. Is it good. Will it harm baby in any case and please let me know after delivery course for the same.
Hello! I am a 22 year female. I am facing menstrual irregularities ever since i attained menarche. Moreover, I also have a problem of PCOD. I have tried getting treated for the same but in vain. Now, I haven't had my menstrual cycle since 6 months and since a month i notice a dark to light brown colored vaginal discharge on daily basis. I am already very overweight. Please help me out with the problem of mine.
During pregnancy period saffron will use most of d pregnant ladies. Baby should be fair in colour .is it true. If it is true which month has to start using .n how much quantity.
I am 32 years old I do not have both fallopian tubes because of 2 ectopic pregnancy is there any chance to get pregnant.
My age is 31 andy wife age is 30. Last year I had done hair transplant and from that time I am taking Finasteride once in 2 days (ie on tue-thu-sat. Me and my wife are planning for a baby. My question is can taking Finasteride will be a problem in conceiving for my wife, as I read mixed reviews about Finasteride. Could you please explain is Finasteride is safe to take when planning for a baby and is there any side effects?
Sir is it any sign of problem for us if there is delay of periods in my gf. We did everything safely and we did morning urine test also its shows negative result. So what's your view regarding this?
Though some foods do not expire, but it is advisable not to consume certain foods once they have expired.
- Eggs: Eggs contain large amounts of nutrients per calorie. They are a cheap and tasty source of protein. It is no big surprise that they have turned into a breakfast staple; yet in case that you are eating an egg that is past its expiry date, do reconsider. These are the most widely recognized reasons for food-borne illnesses.
- Meat: Bacteria are common in both pre-packaged meats, and in the pieces you take from your butcher at the market. The listeria bacteria are especially hazardous, as the type of harm it causes can be lethal in most of the cases. From a general outlook, it is best to avoid processed meat.
- Mixed greens: Mixed greens including spinach, arugula, spring blend, bundled plate of mixed greens lettuce and other veggies do not keep extremely well after their due date. So if their withered appearance and disgusting covering does not turn you off, think about the bacteria and pathogens hiding underneath your sandwich bread.
- Hay sprouts: It is important that you use them rapidly once you get them, since they tend to be bacteria magnets. Truth be told, hay pulls in a greater number of germs than other vegetables, particularly in case you abandon them unrefrigerated.
- Clams/oysters: Bad oysters can be fatal. This is based on the type of microscopic organisms that develop in spoiled oysters. It is known as V. vulnificus. It causes an extreme type of food poisoning. V. vulnificus bacteria affects the circulatory system, sending the body into a septic shock.
- Shrimp: Much like clams and shellfish, shrimps are extremely inclined to bacterial contaminations. It is not to be consumed after a while since it can lead to food poisoning or diarrhea.
- Crude ground beef: E. coli bacteria are the most basic reason for food poisoning. These bacteria originate from the animal’s digestive systems and are available in all hamburger items. In case that the hamburger is prepared and taken care of securely, it will not turn into a problem.
- Berries: When berries turn sour, they pull in extensive amounts of cyclospora, a kind of bacteria that leads to food poisoning. While this sort of food poisoning is not as harmful as some others, it is something you definitely need to stay away from.
- Soft cheese: With hard cheeses, similar to cheddar, it is regularly safe to remove the external edges and eat the soft cheese underneath. However, this practice does not reach out to soft cheeses, similar to brie. In case you are discovering mold on the edges of your soft cheese, do not eat it. You may end up with an infection.
- Chicken: Poultry items, including chicken tend to cause the maximum harm in case that they are not taken care of and cooked properly. Undercooked and old chicken can be very unsafe for health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.