Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Hello, In last month till my period date. I have many pregnancy symptoms like nausea, sore nipples, back pain, fatigue etc. But yesterday (2 days prior to due date) I have my period. I don't know why this happened. Anyone please advise me. First day I had only spotting of pink and brown. But next day I have red flow. Thanks.
Dear Doctor, My wife is suffering from dryness of vagina During sex it's very painful so yohimbe bark is right medicine or not.
Are you always in hurry while eating or multitask while chewing your food? then it is highly probable that you don?t chew your food enough. A recent survey revealed that on an average people chew their food only 6 six times before swallowing, which is far less than enough. Chewing food for an adequate amount of time is necessary for a healthy digestive system and can help you avoid lots of health problems.
Here?s why you should chew your food properly.
So what happens to your body when you don?t chew your food enough?
Mastication is the name given to the process of chewing food. Mastication, if not done properly, can lead to various health problems like-
1. Incomplete digestion: digestion starts in the mouth itself and chewing has a significant role in it. The salivary glands are stimulated to release an alkaline enzyme, called ptyalin, by chewing. This enzyme combines with carbohydrates to initiate the process of the conversion of food into simpler sugars by splitting. Not chewing food properly may be a causative agent for digestive problems like gas, bloating, and diarrhoea to name a few.
2. Increased threat of bacterial overgrowth: if food is not chewed properly it cannot be completely broken down by the digestive system. The partially digested portion of food may result in increased amount of bacteria in the colon, leading to stomach infections.
3. Bad oral health: if you don?t chew food enough, plaque build-up in your mouth may increase, which can further lead to tooth decay. This is because improper chewing means lesser amount of saliva secretion, and more chances of accumulation of unbroken food particles in the mouth, causing cavity.
4. Lesser nutrient absorption: when you don?t chew your food properly, larger food particles don?t break into smaller ones. This makes absorption of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients difficult for your body when they pass through the intestines.
Indications that you don?t chew your food properly
If you don?t chew food for an adequate amount of time, your body begins to give warning signs. This can affect your health significantly, and the following symptoms show if you don?t do it properly.
1. Frequent digestive problems: if you are frequently experiencing digestive problems like acid reflux, constipation or heartburn then there are good chances that the problem is inadequate chewing of food.
2. Weight gain: one of the reasons behind weight gain may be consuming too many calories without realising. This can happen when you eat fast, which indicates that you don?t crush and grind your food properly inside your mouth.
3. Recurrent mood swings: researchers are of the opinion that improper chewing of food gives rise to digestive problems, which in turn may often ruin your mood.
How many times should you chew each bite?
Researchers of ohio state university are of the opinion that you should chew each mouthful of food for a minimum of 30 times. However, they mentioned that chewing softer food like potatoes for 5 to 10 times is enough.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
I have some sex problems in my wife. She is satisfied soon and her disease no more only one time. I wanna grow her sex stamina Please give me a solution.
Hi, I have a doubt regarding expiry of medicines. All of us know expired medicines should not be used. But unknowingly I have done such mistake as I fed it to my child. Doctor advised her vitamin d3 since birth and I used to do that. Recently I used a file without checking it's expiry. Today I came to know about. Could you please suggest that if medicines expires then also how long can it be used by somebody? It seems stupid but I need an opinion.
Paleo diet is one of those diets which have been gaining widespread popularity in the recent times. It has been touted by its supporters as the natural diet for human beings and also the diet that our ancestors used to consume. There is a lot of debate on its efficacy and it has its own set of advantages and disadvantages alike.
What exactly is a paleo diet?
The Paleo diet gets its name from the Paleolithic period of human civilization, thousands of years ago, where the availability and choices of food were varied and limited according to seasons. Most foods included lean meat, fruits, nuts, vegetables and were very different from the fast food, high sugar and saturated fat-based diet that humans are having now. This diet aims to go back to the basics to correct nutritional deficiencies as well as to try out to correct excesses of the modern diet.
Advantages of Paleo diet
- Huge decrease in consumption of processed sugar
- Normalization of blood pressure levels
- Decreases in the level of bad cholesterol in the blood
- Balance of protein intake due to limited and lean meat consumption
- Increase in the consumption of vegetables and natural foods with less processed chemicals
- Optimization of insulin within the body
Disadvantages of Paleo diet
- Far too restrictive - Many believe that although it is a good diet, it loses out on the balance and becomes too restrictive with certain food groups being cut out completely, which may cause imbalances.
- Excess of protein - Although Paleo diet cuts down on unhealthy fats, some of its ingredients may cause the consumption of too much protein which may not be good for health either.
- Lacks of carbohydrates - Some believe that Paleo diet lacks carbohydrates and may not be a good source of energy. When working throughout the day, carbs provide energy but a low carb diet may cause energy-related problems.
During sex, if sperm is not leaked in pussy or vagina, then also is it chances for girl to get pregnant?
I am 20 years old and I have irregular periods. My last period was 9th July (first day). I had sex with my boyfriend on 18 July. He ejaculated for 2 mins. The sperm discharge was outside of my vagina. I have taken ipill within 10 hours for safety and after six days later there was bleeding like periods but painless. Till now my periods not there. I am two months late. Now there is white vaginal discharge. Sometimes I feel like periods have com but when I see there is only discharge. I am so much worried. Am I pregnant? Is this kind of vaginal discharge normal? Plzz doctor help me. Plzz suggest me what to do. Plzz.
I have a constant weight from last 7 years that is 37 kg, and I also suffering from mensuration irregularities, I was take treatment of it from regional hospital, consulting gynecologist doctor, but still my this problem occur again after sometimes of being regular periods.
I had sex with my girlfriend on 5th of may. Immediately after she took an ipill. On 10th of may she experienced bleeding which she thought was her period as that is the time she generally has her periods for 5 days. But after that she hasn't had any period. her due period this month was 10 th of June. Recently she has joined a Job where she has to take a lot of stress. Now both are freaking out. Can she be pregnant? Please advise.
Q: Hello doctor, I am 24 Yrs and I want to conceive. I had my first pregnancy miscarriage in March 2015 and the ultrasound show that development of fetus was slow. So, now you please tell me will I be able to conceive again because I m trying from last 6-7 Month. I got Married in December 2014. Thank you.
After maternity first time periods came and after that I felt so much bleeding and weakness so I wanted to ask is it normal or I need to visit doctor?
She has irregular menstrual period & after ultra sonography found report of polycystic ovary trying for last 3 years but unable to conceive.
Hi doctor. I am 26 year old girl. When I was 12 yr old I operated for ovarian cyst and Dr. Removed my right ovary afterthat my periods started which are regular. I got married for 1 and a half year and we are trying for past 8 months. I am not conceiving. Please help.
Hi! My wife is not able to enjoy sex even after a year of childbirth. She is not getting the feeling properly. Age 25, weight 65. No drug addiction. Please advise if it can be cured without medicines.
They are very high in antioxidants.
It has anti-inflammatory properties thus benefit people suffering from arthritis and joint pains.
Helps lower blood pressure naturally.
The fennel seeds are extensively used as breath freshener. You could chew them after you have your meals.
It is considered to be an immune system enhancer and many people have said that it gives a sense of relaxation and well-being when they drink fennel tea regularly.
It serves as a therapeutic agent, relaxant and stimulant.
Fennel seeds are rich in minerals such as calcium, manganese and vitamin b3.
It aids in the treatment of numerous digestive problems such as bloating, diarrhea, flatulence, constipation and indigestion etc.