Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vandna TanejaYour feedback matters!
Hlo sir (mam) which time is best for pregnancy and after periods days or in periods please suggest and if I do not want baby which time best for sex.
Respected doctors Why is the period my gf's period last month very late she is supposed to start by 23 of last month but it actually started today I.E 1st of march. Is it because of her health?
I have pcod in ovary. If I put injection it gets reduced the next month its getting increased is it fully curable please help me.
If I do sex without condom with my partner and ejaculate inside then what would be the probability of getting her pregnant, if both of us are fully functional. Is there any time period during the menstrual cycle, during which we can do sex without any protection and still avoid pregnancy without any pills?
I am 31 female and I am doing my ovulation study in day 7 my egg size is 16 mm and day 10 my egg size 22. 25 mm and ET is 14 mm. Please tell me in this condition I can pregnant or not and what the further procedure for this treatment and how much the actual ET size. Please tell me I will be very thankful to you.
Sex in pregnancy is generally safe if the couple keeps a few things in mind.
1. Sex in the first trimester or first 3 months is usually avoided, as it is an important time of pregnancy.
2. From 4th month onwards, sex is generally safe.
3. The frequency, position etc. depends upon the patient's comfort levels. There are no fixed rules.
4. In the last month, sex is thought to increase chances of spontaneously going into labor.
5. Physical intimacy must definitely be avoided in certain situations, bleeding or pain during pregnancy, an increased risk of premature labor pains, rupture of membranes and leaking, previous bad obstetric history etc. In the case of doubt, consult with your doctor.
I am 35 year old and having pain in my right breast, its been a week now. Its not constant though. What can be the possible reason?
Hello. I had sex with my bf 2 weeks back. We had unprotected sex. He says he thinks he half pre-ejaculated in me. I took the ipill for safety the next day within 24 hours. After taking ipill I got a pain in my chest for some time and then it became normal. sometimes I feel vomit too. My period is due in this week but till now I haven't got it. What the conditions that i'm facing. Am I pregnant? When will my periods resume. please help me out as i'm a bit worried.
My mother's age is 40 years. She is having thyroid problem since one year. Since three months she is having pain in the right underarm and arm area. Yesterday she found a small lump in the underarm which is painful. What might be the problem. Is it a cancer? Please reply soon. Thank you.
I am 23 years old and I have discovered 2 big lumps on my shoulder. What should I do now. Is it very serious?
Few day earlier my wife has aborted a 9 weeks baby .but still milk production occurs from his breast .is it normal or after few days it will automatically?
Psychotherapy is essentially a conversation which involves listening to and talking with those in trouble with the aim of helping them understand and resolve their predicament. Therapeutic listening is not passive but involves alert and sympathetic participation in what troubles the client. Psychotherapy is not superficial chat and does not seek quick, temporary relief by suggestion. It involves talking honestly and with increasing familiarity and intimacy between people who are equally committed to understanding the sufferer and his problem, with the aim of bringing about the change . It is difficult to draw a line of demarcation between psychotherapy and counselling.
Psychotherapy is classified broadly into three categories: Supportive psychotherapy, Re-educative psychotherapy and Reconstructive Psychotherapy. Though all the categories are equally effective in treating psychological problems, supportive psychotherapy is found to be simple, easy to implement and effective in solving sexual problems.
Supportive Psychotherapy :
The objectives are (a) strengthening the existing defenses (b) restoring to an adaptive equilibrium (c) elaborating new and better mechanisms of maintaining control.
Approaches applied under supportive psychotherapy are : Guidance : It aims at a specific disturbing problem that interferes with the adjustment . This includes education about the problem and social relationship.
- Tension control: Tension provokes a variety of psychological symptoms that divert the person from concentrating on the tasks. Of the methods used to control this tension are self relaxation, self hypnosis , meditation and yoga. All these methods have basically 4 principles namely , minimization of external stimuli , focus on single stimulus , a state of passivity and comfortable position.
- Externalisation of interests : By providing varied types of activites such as sports, crafts, games, fine arts the client is enocouraged to resume activities that were once meaningful to him. This contributes to lessening of the neurotic symptoms .
- Reassurance : it is particularly valuable in cases of severely distressed clients who lack the capacity to handle their anxiety through their own resources.
- Prestige suggestion : the suggestion is accepted when it comes from prestigious authority. Hypnosis is important for reinforcing prestige suggestion.
- Ventilation : this is most common method of relieving emotional tension. One talks over his problems with a professional person. The beneficial effects are due to the release of pent up feelings and emotions.
- Somatic therapy : this is an adjunct rather any from of psychotherapy, and has a positive effect on the morale of the client. It includes pharmacotherapy, psychosurgery, convulsive therapy etc.