Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vandna TanejaYour feedback matters!
Hi doc, I am having pcods. My last period was on 30th Jan. 2 days before I had prolactin test and it was 8.54 my doc suggested me to wait for 15 days and take pregnancy test. Are there any chances of me getting pregnant I am so excited please help me.
I had a still birth in end of 8th month due to amniotic fluid was emptied. And I had gestational diabetes also. Now i am pregnant of 5 weeks. Can you suggest me how to manage gestational diabetes and what to do for my healthy baby.
My wife is in her seventh month of first pregnancy. Sometimes at evening time she is feeling tightness in her stomach & around area. Also she is feeling back pain and pain in legs. please suggest a remedial action.
Hello doctor, i'm siva, my wife had delivered 15 months before by cesarian, now she is pregnant once again. Please tell me is this perfect time to go forward. If we do can she face any problem in future. Pls I need some counselling, thank you.
I had unprotected sex and took an Emergency contraceptive approx. 33 hours after. 9 day after this started bleeding even though my period is not due for at least another 6 days. Internet says it's breakthrough bleeding but it says that happens even when you are pregnant and now I am super scared. What are the chances I got pregnant when I had sex for like 7 minutes and nobody climaxed?
During pregnancy, your body is subjected to several physiological changes including increased hair fall, continuous indigestion, headaches, development of varicose veins, skin pigmentations and so on. The growing baby bump hinders free movement as well. Quality time with your husband or partner is helpful, but is not the best way to relax you. During pregnancy many partners stop having sex due to body issues. Intercourse is extremely important to comfort an expecting mother. Going by a few sex positions cited below, partners can enjoy pregnancy without a speck of stress.
1. Spooning- In spooning a woman lies on one of her sides while the male partner lies behind her on his left or right side. Both partners should lie on the same side or if not they will end up turning their backs at each other. Penetration happens from behind. This position enables shallow penetration, which is good for the baby.
2. Do it like a clip- In this case two bodies should align like a clip. The man lies on his back while the woman is on the top facing him. Her knees are folded next to him and she is in the shape of an arch. Her hands serve as support as they are firmly placed on the bed behind her arching back. There is ample space for the bump.
3. Perch on him- It is healthier to avoid pressure on the abdominal region when pregnant. Make your man sit on a stable surface; say a stool or a chair. Sit on his lap with your back against his chest. This way the woman can regulate the depth of penetration by moving backward and forward. She is on her toes and her abdomen faces no weight.
4. Do it the Amazon way- The Amazon style of intercourse needs to be carried out on a chair or a stool. The male partner remains seated while the woman sits on his lap facing him with her legs across his sides. The baby bump is comfortably positioned between the partners and the lady takes charge by moving up and down.
5. Doggy style- The doggy style keeps the expecting mother away from exertion. She crouches on her hands and legs while the male partner enters her body from behind.
6. Living Room style- Let your rounded belly rest against the softness of the living room couch. Kneel on the couch to suit your feasibility, while your partner penetrates you from behind. The pregnant woman balances her body by holding on to the couch with her hands.
I want to eat some medicine to makes hormones more healthy to make the blood flow more I used to eat hempushpa syrup but I do not find this medicine in delhi can you pleased suggest me this kind of medicine pleased.
I am 30 years old.Now i am pregnent with pcod.Now i am in 7 week.And my hcg count is 850.And taking hormone injections.Is it is abnormal count.And is it risky?please give me answer as soon as possible.
Me and my gf had sex in the 4th day of her period. After that she had light bleeding for few hours. There is any chance of pregnancy.
Hello Doctor, I (Age 21) had unprotected sex on first day of my periods. But ejaculation did not happen inside vagina. But we are worrying about pregnancy. To avoid mishaps, we are planning to go for I-Pill. Is there any issue on taking contraception pill on periods? Also please explain any permanent damages, if any.
Im 21 years old female, and im suffering with "Thick White Clumpy Discharge" and lots of itching and slight stomach pain .please kindly help me out of this problem.
There are lots of benefits espoused by doctors all over the world about getting adequate sleep. Lack of sleep can have an adverse impact on your daily work life balance and health. Thus, you should never let it happen. If you sleep more than six hours a day it can have a lot of benefits, some of which are mentioned below:
1. Better health: Studies have shown that having a good night’s sleep can help your body avoid serious health problems like diabetes, obesity, heart attacks and various other cardiac problems.
2. Lesser Pain: According to research, if you have chronic or acute pain from an injury, then sleeping for more than six hours can help you get better pain relief. It has been proven in multiple studies that good sleep can be an excellent supplement to pain medications. However, being in pain can make it harder for you to sleep. You should use pain relievers in such cases which can aid sleep, but ensure that you have more than 6 hours of shut eye.
3. Lower risk of injury: If you have adequate sleep then there are chances that you won’t feel tired during the day while you are out at work. This can prevent accidents if you are driving or even within the household. Deprivation of sleep has lead to many accidents in the past and continues to do so till today.
4. Better mood: Adequate sleep can help you to stay in good mood and research has found sleep has a direct effect on regulating your emotions. This is due to the fact that sleeping for more than six hours a day can prevent you from being exhausted at work.
5. Better memory: Sleep loss can be the reason you have become forgetful. Studies have shown that your brain processes and consolidates the memories from throughout the day while you sleep. So if you don’t get enough sleep it may affect your professional life as you may tend to forget important things that you should remember.
6. Stronger immunity: Sleeping for more than six hours will give your body the strength required to fight diseases.
7. Better weight control: Lack of proper sleep can increase your weight. You would feel hungrier and would crave for high calorie foods since lack of enough sleep causes the levels of leptin to drop in the body. Leptin is the hormone, which is responsible for how satisfied you feel with food and a drop in its levels will result in you wanting to eat your more. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hello Doctor, My friend done HPV test and it is positive. Earlier (about 20 days before) she was suffering with a vaginal cyst and doctor did a immediate operation of this. Can you please tell me that if this virus is present in the body that is 100% cervical cancer or it may be any other reasons also to present this virus.
Hi doctor my wife 33 weeks pregnant and in her todays scan report mentioned that FHR 150BPM AFI 13 CM EFW 2989 (+-)20% and by clinical report her hb is 10.4 BP IS NORMAL BUT her legs swollen (from ankle to knees) completely n stomach will be hard sometime like stone except that she feels normal and her EDD IS ON JUNE 29 AS PER TODAYS SCAN REPORT. please suggest. WT ABOUT NORMAL FETAL MOVEMENT COUNT AT THIS stage.
There are three stages of caring for an expecting mother: prenatal, intranatal, postnatal care. This is essential to ensure smooth pregnancy and labour and to keep the mother healthy after giving birth. This care is a combined effort between the doctor and the expectant couple. Here are a few things to keep in mind if you are expecting an addition to your family.
Prenatal care from the moment you realize that you are pregnant, a woman must start taking extra care of her body. This reduces the risks in your pregnancy and at the time of labour. But even before planning a pregnancy, it is important that couples should consult with the doctor, in order to avoid any complications in future. Thus, you should ensure that regular check up not just during the pregnancy, but also before the pregnancy is equally important, so that your doctor can rule out complications arising due to factors, such as Thalassemia, Thyroid, Blood Sugar and PCOS, etc.
The main objectives of prenatal care are:
- To maintain the health of the mother
- Detect high risk cases
- Foresee complications and find ways to prevent them
- Reduce anxiety associated with delivery
Thus, an important part of prenatal care is to visit your gynaecologist regularly. These visits will be scheduled according to your age and stage of pregnancy. A few other points to keep in mind are:
- Stop smoking and stay away from passive smoking as well
- Stop drinking alcohol
- Avoid contact with toxic chemicals like insecticides etc.
- Ensure your vaccination is up to date
- Avoid x-rays
- Do not start or stop any medication without informing your doctor first
- Eat healthy food and drink plenty of water
- Exercise regularly for half an hour daily
- Get plenty of rest
- Avoid stress
- Educate yourself about childbirth
Intranatal care refers to care given to the mother and baby at the time of delivery. The main objectives here are:
- Smooth delivery without injuring mother or baby
- Preventing complications
- Delivery resuscitation for the baby
There are a number of ways to deliver a baby and whatever you choose, you must ensure the presence of a doctor at your side, while delivering a baby. Your doctor will determine the position of the fetus and help you through your delivery.
Postnatal care is essential for 6-8 weeks after the baby is born. During this period, the mother goes through a number of physical and emotional changes and thus requires rest, nutrition and vaginal care. The main objectives here are:
- Prevent postpartum complications
- Restore mother to optimal health
- Ensure problem free breastfeeding
Sharing responsibility is essential for the health of the mother, after delivery. Get as much sleep as possible and pay attention to what you eat. Do not try and lose your pregnancy weight instantly. Schedule a checkup with your doctor six weeks after delivery to ensure your vagina has healed properly. Additionally abstain from intercourse at this time. With proper care, every stage of your pregnancy can be a beautiful experience.
I had to take I-pill last week. And yesterday I got my period in 15 days only. I m feeling v weak. Is it normal? What should I do?
Research suggests that this ayurvedic herb, also called holy basil, may help manage levels of the stress hormone cortisol, helping to boost your mood. Look for teas and supplements in health-food stores and follow package directions.
केसर क्वचित् और दुनिया में सबसे महंगा मसाला है। केसर (क्रोकस सटिविज) को सुनहरा मसाला भी कहा जाता है। यह उसके लाल-सुनहरे रंग की वजह से है। केसर मध्य पूर्व में उत्पन्न हुआ था, लेकिन यह अब ग्रीक, भारतीय और स्पेनिश व्यंजनों के साथ भी जोड़ा जाता है। बुखार, ऐंठन और बढ़े हुए यकृत को कम करने और नसों को शांत करने के लिए केसर का उपयोग लंबे समय से किया गया है।
केसर का लाभ
केसर ज्यादातर खाद्य पदार्थों में उपयोग के लिए जाना जाता है। लेकिन इसमें बहुत महत्वपूर्ण पोषक तत्व और रासायनिक यौगिक हैं जो अनेक चिकित्सा लाभ प्रदान करते हैं, जैसे कि:
1. रोग प्रतिरक्षण: केसर में यौगिकों कूक्रोइन और कॉक्रेटिन होते हैं, जो सीखने, स्मृति प्रतिधारण, याद करने की क्षमता बढ़ा देते है। वे बुखार, फ्लू और सर्दी से बचने के लिए फायदेमंद हैं। केसर ऑक्सीडेटिव तनाव से केंद्रीय तंत्रिका तंत्र को बचाता है और अल्जाइमर और पार्किंसंस से बचाता है।
2. यह अवसादरोधक औषधि है: केसर मे मौजूद त्त्व हमारे दिमाग़ मे रक्त का प्रवाह भदाते है और मनोदशा को सुधार्ता है।
3. एनीमिया से लड़ता है: केसर मे मौजूद लोह शरीर मे हीमोग्लोबिन बढ़ाता है।
4. पाचन गुण: केसर पाचन तंत्र मे रक्त का प्रवाह बढ़ाता है।
5. यह एक कामोत्तेजक है: केसर समय से पहले स्खलन, स्तंभन दोष, नपुंसकता को ठीक करने में मदद करता है इसलिए स्वस्थ यौन जीवन को बनाए रखने में सहायता करता है।
6. गर्भावस्था के दौरान मदद करता है: केसर पैल्विक रक्त प्रवाह को बढ़ाता है। यह ऐंठन, गैस और सूजन दबाने मे भी मदद करता है। यह अवसाद और चिंता को दूर करता है।
7. अनिद्रा के लिए: केसर एक हल्का शामक है जो अनिद्रा और अवसाद का इलाज करने के लिए प्रयोग किया जाता है।
8. यह बालों के झड़ने को रोकता है: केसर, नद्यपान और दूध के साथ मिला कर गंजे सर पर लगाया जाए तो यह बाल उगाने मे मदद करता है।
9. दिल का स्वास्थ्य बनाए रखता है: केसर मे मौजूद एंटीऑक्सिडेंट कोलेस्ट्रॉल और ट्राइग्लिसराइड को कम करने में मदद करते है। यह धमनियों मे पट्टिका को निकालता है और एथोरोसलेरोसिस को रोकने में मदद करता है।
10. दृष्टि में सुधार: केसर में कैरोटीनॉयड शामिल होते हैं जो उम्र बढ़ने वाले रोगों जैसे की मैक्यूलर डिएनेरेशन और मोतियाबिंद से रक्षा करते हैं।
11. मसूड़ों के लिए: केसर से मसूड़ों की मालिश करने से मसूड़े मजबूत होते है।
12. कैंसर से बचाता है: सर मे क्रोकिन और सफानाल शरीर में कैंसर-विरोधी और एंटी-मैटेजेनिक गुणों के माध्यम से ट्यूमर के विकास को रोकते हैं। केसर में मौजूद कैरोटीनॉयड में पेटी, जिगर और डिम्बग्रंथि के कैंसर के खिलाफ रसायनोपचार गुण हैं।
13. गठिया लड़ता है: केसर मे सूजन दूर करने के गुण होते हैं जो जोड़ों के दर्द से राहत प्रदान करते हैं, थकान दूर करते हैं और मांसपेशियों की सूजन को कम करते हैं।
14. यह मुँहासे और बाधाओं को ठीक करता है: केसर में मौजूद एंटिफंगल और जीवाणुरोधी सामग्री मुँहासे का इलाज करने में मदद करती है।
इस तरह से यह मानव शरीर पर कुछ अद्भुत प्रभाव डालता है, लेकिन केसर का सेवन निगरानी मे किए जाने की आवश्यकता है। जब अत्यधिक मात्रा में इसका सेवन किया तो काफ़ी नुकसान भी हो सकते है। केसर के कुछ बहुत ही सामान्य साइड इफेक्ट्स में निम्नलिखित शामिल हैं:
1. विषाक्तता: केसर बड़े खुराकों में असुरक्षित है। यह विषाक्तता पैदा कर सकता है। यदि आप निम्न लक्षणों में से कोई भी ध्यान देते हैं, तो आपको तत्काल चिकित्सा ध्यान देना चाहिए:
- मल में खून
- लगातार उल्टी
- चक्कर आना
- मूत्र में रक्त
अत्यधिक खुराक के कारण मृत्यु हो सकती भी है।
2. गर्भावस्था के दौरान अधिक सेवन नहीं करें: केसर का बड़ी मात्रा में सेवन गर्भाशय अनुबंध कर सकता है तत्था यह गर्भपात भी पैदा कर सकता है।
3. एलर्जी: लोगों को शुष्क मुंह, चिंता, चक्कर आना, उनींदापन, मतली, भूख में बदलाव, और सिरदर्द जैसी प्रतिक्रियाओं का अनुभव हो सकता है। हालांकि यह बहुत असामान्य है।