Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vandana SodiYour feedback matters!
I am 18 years old I have a problem of irregular menses. Please I want your suggestions? What should I do?
Hello sir, my girlfriend had missed her menses from last two months and I had unprotected sex with her last night ,is there any chance of pregnancy, or she should take one i-pill to avoid further complications? Please help me out.
I have done unprotected sex last night 09-09-2015 and my wife's period complete just before yesterday 08-09-2015. I don't want baby now because she delivered baby just 2 months before. Can she take unwanted 72 or any other advice.
IVF or In Vitro Fertilization is a process wherein an egg is fertilized by a sperm in a laboratory dish to form the embryo (baby's first cell) which after growth in artificial medium in the lab is transferred into the uterus of women.
Reasons that make IVF a popular procedure:
- Harvests multiple eggs: If you are planning to have more than one child, via IVF you can freeze multiple eggs for future use. Unused or spare embryos can be donated to medical organisations for research purposes or to another couple willing to have a child.IVF has proven successful in giving couples a wholesome and happy life.
- High success rates: Women who underwent in vitro fertilisation using fresh embryos of their own fresh eggs, the projected live birth percentage was 32.2% for those under 35 years, 27.7% for women aged between 35 and 37 years, lowering to 5.0% in 43 to 44 year olds and 1.9% for ages above 45. It has been proved that a female's ability to conceive decreases with age. If infertility is detected at a younger age, the process of IVF is highly advantageous and successfully results in childbirth.
- Proven track record: Technology has come a long way since the first baby via IVF Louise Brown was born in 1978 using a natural IVF. Medical techniques have advanced to create safer and successful treatment. The usage of the safest forms of IVF with low drug regimens today, have prevented side effects such as ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
My friend have pcod. Weight 70 height 163. One doctor told her that she should reduce 10 kg within a month. Is it possible to reduce 10kg within a month. If yes, how can she reduce it?
In monsoon all gets affected with the health conditions like allergies, cough, cold etc. Even when you are having your diet, it will be really important to be cautious about meal and choose the adequate type of meal that won’t make you sick.
- Avoid taking food from outside vendors as that might be infected by flies and bacteria
- Always try to take filtered water and warm drinks.
- Use a powerful insect repellent to hold mosquitoes away and prevent getting bitten.
- Where likely, try to avoid walking through rainy water. It can lead to numerous fungal diseases of the feet and heels.
- Keep the items like umbrella, rain coat etc when you are going out.
- Take moderately hot food and drinks in this monsoon.
- Keep away the children to play in the rain and rainy water.
- Avoid colds and coughs by keeping your body moderately hot and dry.
- Don’t go in air conditioned rooms with wet hair and damp apparels.
- If you suffer from asthma or diabetes, avoid residing any place with wet walls. It encourages the development of fungus and can be especially hurtful.
- Drink many of heating herbal teas, particularly those with antibacterial properties.
I had protected sex with my husband 15 days before my periods. My date was 9 October. I had my periods by the date but those were not usual as they ended within two days. My periods were used to be for four days. I am feeling some headache also. Is there any chance of pregnancy. I am in doubt.
I am having vaginal infection 9 months back but after that I started having rashes on vaginal lips which keep on coming on and off now. It is more than 9 months but it is not going. Have taken docxycline, azrthoymicin and using mometae and fuisidum for 14 days bit relief but not totally cured.
1- Eat less salt.
2- Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet: increase intake of fruits, vegetables, potassium, and fiber
3- Exercise regularly and maintain a healthy weight
4- Manage your stress level: do something that helps you to relax when you feel stressed,
6- Limit alcohol intake: no more than two drinks per day.
I had sex with my girlfriend on 8th day of her period without protection but I ejaculated outside and also I had sex in standing position, and her date is 17th and still she is not having her period, im so so worried doctors, please tell me something, that I can do in home to avoid her pregnancy if she is, im so worried doctors please please please suggest me pleases, I do not no what to do now, is there something that I can give to her, I do not want to give her tablets and I can not take her to any doctor, please if there something that can help me and that I can do in home then please tell me please doctors I request you please doctors suggest me. Thanks.
Sir My wife s experiencing pain whn we tried intercourse. She s afraid of painful intercourse. So we couldnt do that. Wat s the best solution.
My daughter is 15 years old she is only 145 cm hight and 37 kilo weight, during periods she also suffer from pain in legs, is it due to lack of calcium, can anyone suggest a solution her to improve her height?
I am 35 years old. I am unmarried. Last few months my periods r delayed. Now 2 months away but my periods r nt come. Tell me wt is the reason & wt should I do.
Hi. I'm 28 year old woman. I got married 2 years before now I have 6 month baby but I didn't get feel better during sex. And also I haven't feel sex desire. My hubby wants to me more and more but I don't feel better whereas I love him too much. Please suggest best solution.
I went for the check up 3 days before. because the movement of the baby was less then expected. My doctor checked the heartbeat n growth. Everything was fine but she said to have an ultrasound so as to know the blood supply of the baby. that day I dint get the ultrasound cz the movement started. So tell me should I still go for the ultrasound?
Within 24 hours the pregnancy symptoms are seen in body? We had sex and the very next day I am vomiting within 20 hours. This would be pregnancy symptoms? Should I worry? And I taken i-pill within 48 hours. Please help me ASAP.
I have married before 2 and a half yrs there is a pregnancy problem with us we want a child so what should we do.
Hormones are important messengers that play a pivotal role in the proper functioning of your body. Any imbalance in the hormonal level can throw life in jeopardy. Hormonal imbalance can affect a person physically, mentally as well as emotionally. In the present competitive world, with so much stress and anxiety, hormonal imbalance is on the rise. It can affect both men and women.
Factors responsible for hormonal imbalance in men and women
Many factors, either individually or collectively can affect and disrupt the hormonal balance in a person. The most common factors triggering a hormonal imbalance include
- Physical, mental and emotional stress.
- Menopause (in women) and Andropause (in men).
- Drugs and alcohol abuse.
- Unhealthy eating habits, leading to inflammation.
- Lack of any physical activity.
- Obesity, Type-2 Diabetes.
- The Endocrine gland does not function properly (due to an injury or an infection or old age). Hormonal imbalance may be age related. Certain chemicals (Diethylstilbestrol, DDT, Polychlorinated Biphenyls, Dioxin) also have the potential to disrupt the Endocrine function.
Symptoms of Hormonal Imbalance:
Some of the characteristic symptoms of hormonal imbalance include
- A sudden change in body weight (weight gain or weight loss).
- Anxiety, depression, and mood swings.
- Hair loss followed by thinning of hair.
- Irregular menses.
- Erectile dysfunction.
- The appetite undergoes a change.
- A person may face digestive problems.
- Insomnia and extreme fatigue.
- Decreased libido.
Doctors may adopt any of the following treatments for hormonal imbalance
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT): This treatment helps women to deal with menopause better. During and after menopause, the levels of estrogen and progesterone, particularly, go for a toss. This therapy aims at maintaining the hormonal balance by replacing the hormones your body either fails to produce or synthesizes in very little quantity.
- Following a healthy lifestyle go a long way in improving the hormonal imbalance.
- Exercise regularly. Meditation, breathing exercise, cycling, morning and evening walks are great stress busters.
- Follow a healthy sleeping routine.
- Limit your alcohol and caffeine intake. Refrain from smoking.
- Avoid taking birth control pills.
- Maintain a healthy body weight.
- Include avocados, egg yolk, gelatin, carrots, coconut oil into your diet.
- People with hormonal imbalance can benefit from Omega-3 fatty. Walnuts, chia seeds, flax seeds, olive oil are a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Ayurveda and herbal medicines have helped many people with hormonal imbalance.
- Some medications may help to improve hormonal imbalance (strictly on doctor recommendation).
- In extreme cases, surgery may be recommended.
Health risks associated with hormonal imbalance:
Hormonal imbalance can have adverse effect on the health resulting in
- PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome): PCOS is characterized by irregular menses, infertility, hirsutism, hair fall, acne and weight gain. Women of reproductive age are mainly affected by PCOS.
- Low libido, tiredness, weight gain, erectile dysfunction, mood swings, and irritability (due to low level of testosterone hormone)
- Thyroid problems (Hyperthyroidism, Hypothyroidism and Grave's disease).
- Hormonal imbalance may also cause Diabetes and Adrenal failure.
- Irregular periods, mood swings, infertility, decreased sexual desire (low levels of estrogen hormone).