Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Vandana SodiYour feedback matters!
One year ago I got married now I am trying for family planning what to do and my period is regular but I am little worried.
I had bleeding before 3 days my period is due. (period should be on 25th may but it started on 22nd may itself) now it my fifth day. It was in brown and faded red colour for 4 days. But today that is on my 5th day it little bit high not heavier. What is it am pregnant? but I took home test it was negative.
I had protected sex three months back I have some illness for this past three months. I have some uncomfortability in my neck and arm pit. I checked hiv test yesterday but it's negative. What is the window period to test hiv after exposure. Kindly advice me on this regard.
Hello I feel sexually disturb when I going to do sex with my girl friend. She is now 24 & i am 26 yrs r8 now. She got a frightens during in a bed. What can I do. I also have a idea to drink her sex increase medicine. Is this a r8 way to doing with her. Help me.
I am 29 years old. My menstrual cycle lasts for 24 days. I got married on 17th July 2016. My LMP started on 2nd July. I had due date on 27july but I missed my periods that are regular. I thought I am pregnant but since morning I am observing spotting and abdominal cramps. What can it be? Kindly help.
I am having period irregular due to thyroid. Having tablet for thyroid prescribed by doctor. Any option that make my period regular.
Hi I am 19 months pregnant now. I was asked to take the TORCH test. And I got rubella positive and HSV positive in that. Results.Everything found normal in my TIFFA scan except small bowel grade 1 in abdomen. Again doctor suggested me to take amniocentesis. Please suggest me the best I'm very panic now.
I have right overy period cyst problems and I was operated in 2013. I'm taking meftal spas tablet during pain but after taking that my bleeding flow goes slow & if m not taking tablet or injections than bleeding flow was ok. From dec'15 m taking pills which was prescribed by my doctor (21 day). Bcz of pain I got so much weak by health, from oct'15 to till I have lost 5 kg weight and the reason only my period pain. I'm suffering in so much pain during period. Pls give me solution.
Remedies or medicines to overcome irregular periods? Any medicines or remedies that would periods for 16 years old girl to get periods regularly every month?
What should be the proper food to be given as she is pregnant of 7 weeks and four days? She is 51 kgs weight and what should be given for a healthy baby?
My wife is pregnant it's about to be 1 month, We r willing to have sex Is it danger to have sex at the first month of pregnancy.
My wife having 33 week 3 days pregnancy and in latest scan report AFI is 9.05 cm, is it cause any problem. What is normal AFI in this time and if it is low how to improve AFI?
Hi. I am 20 and I had sex with my gf I just touched that part oh hers. But didn't insert it fully I was worried for her getting pregnant so I made her to take ipill after 2 hrs she didn't have her periods that month before that her period was on 25. We had intercourse on 12 and she went to a doctor for her period and taken some medicine for periods. But today is 27 she tookprega newd test on 26 showed negative result. On 28 she had her periods but on 29 she bleed very less. What is wrong with her. Kindly explain the situation she is in. Can she be pregnant?
What are the main main symptoms we feel in the early stage of pregnancy n when is the perfect time to do the test of pregnancy?
Hello sir/ madam im 20 years old and I had sex for the first time on aug 8, 9 2015, I took emergency contraceptives on aug 10, and another dose 12hrs later and 3 rd dose another 12 hrs later, my periods had to come on aug 13, but there is no periods still now it has been six days and im still not getting my period. I had a mild spot on aug 13, and a scanty bleed on aug 18,. My shortest cycle is 26 days and longest is 31 days. My last period was on july 13. Aug 8, 9 were my extremely safe periods, is there chances of me to get pregnant? How long can my periods be delayed? why did I get a scanty bleed yesterday?
I am 20 years old female. I have stomach pain in my period days. I take pain relief. Is that right can I take pain relief or it is harmful. What should I do now.
What will happen if I take mtp kit tablet without being pregnant? I missed my periods But my pregnancy test is negative But still I didn't get it Its 18 days late So shall I take mtp kit!
Vulvovaginal candidiasis refers to the infection of the vagina, accompanied by itching in the vulva. It is caused by a particular strand of yeast known as candida albicans. There are several reasons, which contribute to the onset of vulvovaginal candidiasis, some of them are:
- Pregnancy: Pregnancy is a time when the body of a woman undergoes a plethora of changes. With the upsurge of certain hormones, this is also the most potent time when they tend to suffer from vulvovaginal candidiasis.
- Higher dose of estrogen: Estrogen is responsible for maturing the vagina as well as provides glycogen which facilitates the growth of candida albicans. Subsequently, older and younger women, who are less prone to estrogen disorder, suffer the least from vulvovaginal candidiasis.
- Uncontrolled diabetes: Those women who suffer from uncontrolled diabetes for a long period of time are more susceptible to vulvovaginal candidiasis. Although the accurate reason is yet to be known, according to research, the presence of excessive glucose in the blood triggers the production of yeast in the vulva and the vagina.
- Weak immune system: A strong immune system is a boon, which only few people enjoy. Consequently, the very reverse, a weak immune system is extremely fatal, one that invites several complications; vulvovaginal candidiasis being one of them.
- Stress: Excessive stress and exhaustion may also be considered as a probable reason that causes imbalance in your system.
- Hormone replacement therapy: Estrogen is commonly held as a possible culprit that causes vulvovaginal candidiasis. Therefore in those hormonal replacement therapies, where estrogen is artificially administered into the body significantly increases the risk of an impending vulvovaginal candidiasis.
In spite of its frequent occurrences, it is possible to treat this infection. Some of the ways by which it can be done are:
- Anti-fungal cream: Those creams, which negate the growth of fungus are, for obvious reasons considered as the most preferred choice to combat vulvovaginal candidiasis. There are plenty of anti-fungal creams available in the market, which can be misleading, therefore you must choose wisely.
- Diflucan: This medication works wonders in treating vulvovaginal candidiasis. This must be orally administered under the doctor's supervision to enjoy the results.