Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vandana Sethi
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Vandana SethiYour feedback matters!
I know a close friend who recently visited PhyWorld to see Dr. Vandana. I assure you that this is one of the best Physiotherapy clinics in town. If you really have a problem related to muscles / joints etc, get a second opinion from PhyWorld before you decide from where you would get yourself eventually treated. The team (junior doctors) too are extremely efficient and know their job really well. I hope the chain grows and the name continues to further develop into a bigger brand. All the best, Phyworld.
I am male 37 I can not use shampoo using bare hands coz then I feel burning in my hands and my hands get rough n skin feels cracked n peeling also sometimes happens. Tried using surgical gloves but that also did not suit my skin. So now I shampoo using polythene bag. Is it safe for hairs health or you suggest otherwise.
She has this severe ankle pain now it is in the middle of the sole. Got injection and medicine but no relief. She is a bit overweight 65 kg aged 40 height 4 ft 8 inch approximately. She was also taking medicine for BP and cholesterol, last week got it checked for lipid profile which is now normal. Please advice for her feet related problem. Thanks.
Muscle cramps often occur in the calf muscle of the back of the lower leg. It is often characterized by a momentary sharp pain along with a muscle lump beneath the skin. Just like its sudden appearance, muscle cramp disappears the same way without any botheration. However, a doctor should be consulted if you see any of the following symptoms:
- The pain keeps coming back
- The cramps result in weakening of the muscles
- It causes frequent discomfort
- It results in changed skin color, redness or swelling of the skin
- The condition doesn’t improve with normal care
- Cramps are not associated with obvious causes such as playing, exercising and jogging
What causes muscle cramps?
Any strain on muscle, dehydration, muscle overuse or simply standing for a prolonged time can lead to muscle cramps. The exact cause of muscle cramps is not known in a lot of cases. There could be the following medical conditions that could lead to such muscle cramps:
- Blood supply: At times when the arteries narrow down resulting in an inadequate blood supply in the leg, a sharp pain can be felt followed by muscle cramps. This can happen while exercising or playing. It disappears as soon as one rests their legs.
- Mineral depletion: Shortage of magnesium, potassium and calcium in the body can lead to muscle cramps. Even medication for high blood pressure can lead to cramps in the legs.
- Nerve compression: Nerve compression of the spine can produce sharp pain on the leg muscles. The pain worsens with longer durations of walk. The symptoms, however, can be delayed a bit if the walking posture is changed, like the way one walks while carrying a shopping cart.
What are the risk factors associated to muscle cramps?
- Dehydration: Muscle cramps often happen among athletes when they get dehydrated and fatigued while performing in hot temperature.
- Age: People over the age of 60 often lose mass in the muscle. The remaining mass gets stressed out soon, resulting in muscle cramps.
- Pregnancy: Pregnant women face frequent muscle cramps due to the sudden increase of body weight and restricted movements in the pregnancy period.
- Medical conditions: Certain medical conditions such as nerve disorder, thyroid problems, liver failure, diabetes etc. greatly increase the chance of muscle cramps.
Some common ways to treat muscle cramps:
- A brisk walk followed by stretching relaxes the muscles and greatly helps in staying away from cramps.
- A diet consisting of magnesium on a regular basis gives relief from muscle cramps.
- A wet cloth soaked in hot water often shows magical results and gives instant relief from muscle cramps.
- Being hydrated throughout the day helps with muscle cramps. It is necessary to consume enough amount of electrolytes so that muscle contraction does not happen.
Hello, everyone, I am Dr Vaibhav Garg. I’m a micro endodontic and oral care expert. Every day we come across patient’s that complain of tooth pain. The pain can be excruciating and can give you sleepless nights. Pain usually occurs due to decay or some sort of pathology in the tooth. As we can see here, tooth decay can be of different levels: minimum, medium or maximum. If we see in depth the maximum tooth decay that happens reaches the blood supply of the tooth. This is the actual cause of tooth pain. As we have seen that the decay is large, such teeth are usually treated with root canal therapy to save the tooth for function and aesthetics.
In a root canal therapy, the infected tissue is removed and the permanent material is fit in the canal and the tooth is secured with a crown. Modern root canal therapy is conducted with the latest equipment and safety measures to give the patient a perfect feeling and it will give the patient the best of treatment possible. If you are going through a pain tooth series, episodes of long-term sensitivity or something else anything that includes oral health care, please visit us through lybrate.
You can take consultations online and offline mode. You can always visit us personally. All the details are available on the lybrate website.