Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vandana KapoorYour feedback matters!
I am 25 year old and facing back pain from past last 1 year and done all the treatment. should I go for physiotherapy?
I have pain in my foot ankle. This pain happens whenever I am riding the bike, during the gear change, it pains a lot. Also while using the stairs, pain comes.
Hy sir/mam I am a 21 year old boy and I'm suffering from back pain since long. Sometimes its negligible but sometimes it gives severe pain. I want to know is it happening from weaknesses or something else?
I suffer from cold once in every 3 months. My back is also very sensitive. I suffer from back ache if I sit continuously for 3 hrs. Kindly malyse the reason for cold.
I am going to running from last month and I am feeling pain in my bone and joint, I think it over come in one week if physical work is done but it is still paining.
Hello sir I am from from pain in my knee when I on chair for long Tim eplz help sir please give me instruction on my mail plz.
Stress fractures are small cracks that may appear in a bone. It occurs due to repetitive application of force in the same area. It is very common among various sports such as running, tennis and football. It may also occur due to osteoporosis as this disorder weakens the bones and allows stress fractures to occur easily.
The majority of stress fractures occur due to overuse of a specific muscle. The bones and the muscles used in a specific movement do not get time to recover, thus leading to stress fracture.
Causes: The major cause of stress fracture is change in physical activity, such as a sudden increase in exercise. The other factors that may lead to stress fracture are -
- Poor conditioning: If you are starting an exercise regimen without proper preparation, then it may cause stress on the muscles. It is important that you condition your body before doing any intense activity to prevent injuries.
- Bone insufficiency: Various disorders such as osteoporosis reduces bone strength and increases the likelihood of a stress fracture. If you have low bone density then you are at a higher risk of having stress fractures.
- Change in surface: Change in surface like shifting from running on grass to road tends to cause more stress on the legs, thus increasing the likelihood of a fracture.
- Improper form: Performing any exercise with improper form may lead to a number of injuries. It is recommended to learn the correct technique before exercising, so you may use a spotter or a trainer to guide you.
The symptoms of a stress fracture are:
- Pain: You may experience dull to severe pain if you have stress fractures. The severity of pain will depend on the severity of the fracture.
- Swelling: Pain may be accompanied by swelling on the sides and the top of the foot.
- Tenderness: Stress fractures may cause tenderness in the muscles around the affected area.