Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VandanaYour feedback matters!
I am 6 weeks pregnant now. By mistake took 4 tbsp sucrafil tonic since I had extreme acidity and indigestion. Now I am tensed that it might affect my baby. Will 4 spoons of sucrafil at a time affect my baby?
During periods there is clots, many times it causes a feeling of high fever but its not, weakness n laziness? Please tell me what's the reason behind it. N how to prevent it?
Dear sir/mam A white thick and long liquids are coming out from my vagina. When it comes it pains alot around pelvic ad stomach region. Why it is so?
Here are cause, symptoms , and treatments of Gestational Diabetes
Hello I’m Dr. Neeti Agarwal I’m senior endocrinologist at Indus Health and she is our dietitian Monica Roman.
Gestational diabetes is diabetes which develops during pregnancy. Who is likely to develop gestational diabetes? One who has a family history of diabetes in first-degree relatives, somebody who has had gestational diabetes in previous pregnancy, somebody who has a history of having giving birth to a large size baby or somebody who is obese.
Now why it is important? because of the problems associated with gestational diabetes in both mother and the child the mother is likely to develop hypertension also the mother is likely to have bleeding problems during the delivery. There is increased likelihood of developing suzerain sections and later post-delivery the mother is likely to develop diabetes. The child who was born there is likelihood of developing obesity and diabetes later in life, if the mother has gestational diabetes early in pregnancy . There is likelihood of developing structural abnormalities of the heart and the nervous system in the child so it is very important to diagnose and manage gestational diabetes by the diagnosis which is done by simple blood glucose testing which should be done.
Diet is very important and exercise as advised by the gynecologist is important medication there are very few medications that we can give during pregnancy so therefore our treatment mainly relies on insulin therapy therefore we focus on diet. So to talk about diet during pregnancy, I invite Monica ma’am. Hello friends there are some basic dos and don’ts which we have to keep in our mind. During the gestational diabetes take your meal on time take small and frequent meals eat whole fruit instead of fruit juices include high fiber foods in your diet. Do regular physical activities for 40-45 minutes for day. Choose food with low food with low glycemic index 24 bit low glycemic index. Cut down saturated fats like butter, ghee and cheese from your diet. Monitor your blood sugar levels daily and cut down sugary products and redid drinks.
So if you have gestational diabetes all you need to know or consult regarding gestational diabetes you can reach us on Lybrate.
Dear doctor In which days I can make a gentle contact with my husband to avoid pregnancy. On 13 october my period had come. Please tell me, I am confused?
Meri D&C k baad se mujhe periods ni ho rahe thy lakin kal se mujhe period hue hai or bht hi kam period ho rahe hain or mere husband ka olan hai k in periods k baad hum baby k bare mn sochin tu kya mere lye ya aney wale baby k lye koi prblm tu ni ho gi or jese ab mujhe bht hi kam period ho rahe hain tu in period k baad mn pregnant ho sakti hon mera first miscarridge 18 july ko hua or D&C 4 August ko hue ply help me.
Hi, my partner feel acute pain while having intercourse and sometimes pain is unbearable. Is there is any issue in her lower abdominal . Please advice or she need to take any medicine to get relief.
Can you think of anyone who is into cycling (professional or a regular cyclist) and has not faced any injuries? You would have to think real hard, as injuries are a very common part of cycling. Right from the stage when a person starts learning to whatever stage they decide to stop at, injuries are a part and parcel of it.
There are, however, some tips that can help you avoid or reduce the incidence of injuries and their impact. These are gaining importance, as there are more people getting into the sport. Follow these and have a happy time cycling away!
- Choose the right bike for your height and frame. Do not use cycles which are too small or too big for you.
- Always use a helmet of the approved standards and use the helmet lock. It does not prevent scratches and skin tears, but definitely helps protect your head.
- Common notion is that traffic rules don’t apply to cyclists. We all can remember how a cyclist gets off the bike at the signal and pushes the bike to cross over. This is wrong and the traffic rules apply as much to the cyclists as to the other motorists.
- Using hand signals to indicate stopping, turning or changing lanes is also a practice that cyclists must follow.
- When riding on the roads, keep safe distance from other vehicles. If there is a cycling lane, stick to it.
- Though cycling with music in your ears is very appealing, try not to do that, especially if you are on the road where you might not be able to hear honking from other vehicles.
- If you are cycling in a group, make sure you cycle one behind the other, not as a group.
- Do not try bike stunts like speeding, wheeling, etc., on roads which have regular traffic. Choose off-peak hours and quieter areas for these stunts.
- If you are crossing a pedestrian lane, get off the bike and cross it carefully.
- Try not to use the edge of the road from where it is easy to fall off. Riding on the road helps others to notice you, so ride accordingly.
- If you are riding at night, make sure you are wearing bright clothing; there are fluorescent colored bibs with reflectors available. The bike should also have reflectors, so others can see you and the bike.
- For regular practice, try staying in residential areas, compared to roads which have other vehicles.
- Ensure the bike is always maintained in a good condition with brakes and gears working properly. Get your bike serviced regularly, so it is well oiled and checked for proper functioning. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
Hi I am vinit my baby is 1 year old and again my wife is pregnant she missed last period and we are not ready for 2nd child kindly suggest.
My wife found positive on pregnancy test 5 days back but last night she got bleeding heavily. Is it safe to use mtp kit now or it necessary to use. Please advise.
Hi my wife is pregnant. She s getting continuously vomiting. We consulted doc he gave tablet but no use getting vomiting .Any home remedies pls. Getting week in health condition .To much tired. Thank you.
It is important to know when something is wrong with your sex life, as early intervention could save you.
Sex is supposed to be fun, and also an intimate way to connect with a partner. This does not mean it doesn't come with its own set of challenges.
While some sexual challenges can be solves easily with the right tools, others usually need medical intervention or even therapy. Below are 6 kinds of sex problems that requires help.
#1 Persistent problems. If you experience a hard time “getting up” or getting hard, and this problem persists for two weeks or more, this is a sign that there could be a deeper underlying issue that needs to be looked at by a professional. This is the same for other performance-related issues that are out of your control.
#2 Painful. Sex should give you pleasure. If you feel unusual pain when you’re having sex, chances are, you *and/or your partner* have health-related problems. Consulting a therapist can help you find the best medical-based advice on what positions will best lessen the pain, what positions and deeds are most comfortable, and what techniques you can employ to make the most of your time in bed
#3 No climax. Maybe you don’t have a partner and you’re used to having a go at it on your own. Then suddenly, you find yourself not reaching climax. Again, if this problem is persistent for a few months, or each time you masturbate, this can be due to an underlying issue that an expert can help sort out for you.
#4 Sex arguments. It may start with casual teasing about how your partner slept on you as you were about to do the deed…but then it happens again and again—so much so that you start to bicker about it. If you are arguing about your sex life and are complaining about it, it can help to seek a therapist before your problems in bed overflow to other aspects of your relationship.
#5 Unsatisfactory sex life. While you may both be very polite or don’t want your sex life to be the main drive for your happiness in your relationship, having one *or both* partners dissatisfied in the bedroom is a recipe for disaster. Maybe you or your partner is having erectile dysfunction or premature ejaculation and you don’t want to tell the other party about it, or you are experiencing trouble reaching orgasm. This means you need help.
#6 Strained relationships. If your sexual performance and intimacy issues are causing a strain in your relationship, this is also a good reason to bring in an expert. Maybe you’re not having as much sex as you used to, or you are not performing well in bed, and this is causing your partner a great deal of frustration or disappointment that carries over, out of the bedroom. After all, a lack of sex can cause distance between couples and cause frequent bickering. If you want to save your relationship and enjoy sex with your partner again, you really should go see someone
@dr rahman sexologist
Problem is related to my wife. A white liquid is getting leaked from her vagina frequently. Can you please suggest us a treatment or medicines to get relief from this issue? We are worried as it may affects her to get pregnant & we are planning to have a child?
Hello, My wife got delivered a baby girl 15 days back. She is getting excess milk through her breast. Some kind of tightness comes in her breast & due to same suffering some pain in her breast. Kindly advice as your prompt reply really helpful for me.
My friend toke Emergency pill 10 min After sex with her boyfriend on 8th november, she got her period 2 day late on 22nd. November as compare to her last period cycle, Her periods last for 3 day and she had more bleeding which she usually get on fourth or fifth day and now she is having light bleeding ,is there any chance of pregnancy?
Achilles Tendon pain is an orthopedic condition that can originate from tears and ruptures to the AchillesTendon, which is known as one of the strongest and also the longest tendon in the human body. It is a band of tissues that decides the quality of your movements and motions to a great extent, as it connects the heel with the calf. Therefore, any injury to this tendon can decrease the strength and support to the muscles and create a painful situation. So how can you deal with this pain? Read on to know more.
- Rice Therapy: Rice is a commonly used term by orthopedic specialist. It refers to Rest, Ice, Compression with a bandage, and finally Elevation. The patient must take lots of rest as well as use ice packs to deal with the injury and acute pain. Finally, the area must be compressed with a bandage and kept elevated on cushions.
- Surgery: For very severe cases, the orthopedic specialist can recommend surgery as well. This kind of surgery aims at reattaching the displaced or ruptured tendon which may have reached such a fate through a sports or any other kind of injury. The doctor may also place your leg in a cast for a few weeks to keep it at complete rest.
- Pain Medication: The doctor can also prescribe pain relievers that contain Ibuprofen as well as acetaminophen or even naproxen. These medicines should be taken in moderation as per the doctor's prescription. Usually, this kind of medication is taken only when unbearable pain is experienced by the patient.
- Thermotherapy or Heat Treatment: The use of heat for chronic pain or even pain that has been ailing for over 48 hours is known as thermotherapy. This therapy uses heating pads and hot water bottles to help relieve the pain. One must be careful while applying anything hot to the site of the injury. Use a towel to wrap the hot water bottle or heating pad so that there is no scalding or leaking on to the skin.
- Footwear: It is important to prevent continuous injury and pain to the already injured Achilles tendon. To do this, you must wear supportive and comfortable footwear that has heel lifts and other customized orthotics built into the shoes.
Taking care of Achilles Tendon pain is a matter of taking various precautions and supportive actions that lead to better healing.