Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vandana AhujaYour feedback matters!
My friend told me that she didn't come her monthly period for nearly 2 month, she's had sex with her boyfriend and also they use condom. What's the possible problem for this and which tablet she need to take.
Hlo Dr. M 6 month pregnant. Sometimes my nose bleeds .N mostly it happens in morning. Bleeding is just one or two drop or sometimes concentrated blood. What is the reason behind it n what r precautions. What to do?
She is suffering from carbuncles in buttock and it is difficult to sit or sleep and always causing pain/irritation. She is a school teacher and could not do her work due to continuous pain and irritation. Please suggest a treatment.
I am 31 and I had one miscarriage and one abortion 1 and half years back. And Am hypothyroid patient but am very thin. Now am finding difficult to conceive. Doctor gave injection for ovulation but still m not able to conceive Pls suggest as I want to conceive naturally.
Dear sir, I hv a urine flow problem. Am 40 yrs old nw. My urine flow is nt smoothly, it's take 2-3 break whn i passout my urine. Out of this problem, I hv nothing any other problem, lik; pain,irritations,burning etc.Please hlp me.
My daughter is 50 years old and she feels extremely sleepy before her periods. Very difficult to keep awake. She feels very tired during periods and has a typical headache, in which it seems as if the centre of her skull is being pulled out by some force. This is affecting productivity at work.
I am 19 years old, female. I am having serious pricking sensation all over the body for quite some months. Like sometime head, fingers,legs, hands, neck then the other moment is in lower abdomen. I seriously can't predict when and where the next moment it gonna pain or choke. I got lump on head and when I consulted a doctor about the head's lump. He said it to be cause of oil gland. Neurologist And now I got lump on my breast bone. I got the pricking and choking sensation in my heart and breast. I seriously don't know what I am going through. I have no idea which department should I see and consult a doctor. I will be very thankful if you gonna help me. Thanking you.
My wife regular period date is 22 bt still she did not. Can we gave her unwanted 21 today. Becoz pregnancy result is positive.
I am 31" year old having 2 kids one 6 years old and other one 4 months old. On Feeding. I was taking multivitamins tablet prior to birth of my second kid. I want to ask A question that can I take Calcium Supplement tablet to Retain my Bones Strength. I am a Lactating women.
Piles or Hemorrhoids has become a common problem now a days. It may be due to our changed lifestyles like reduced physical activity, irregular food intake and consumption of fast food etc. These factors lead to disturbance in digestive system leading to constipation. Due to which the person has to put extra strain while passing stool leading to pulling of blood in veins and subsequent engorgement in the form of pile masses. Thus we see the Piles are nothing but engorged blood vessels in the anal canal.
Piles are commonly known as बवासीर in the society and is considered as social stigma. Due to lack of knowledge and social inhibition; people do not discuss this problem openly and are subsequently misguided by quacks like benagli treatment, madrasi treatment, Chandsi treatment etc. etc.
Anal region being a very sensitive part; the pt. usually avoids any type of surgical intervention in this area and they are looking for some alternative to surgery. We at Sushruta Anorectal Institute, are constantly trying to manage Piles in all its stages preferably without surgery or with minimal surgical intervention.
Depending upon the presentation the hemorrhoids (Piles) are grossly divided in two categories-
1. External Piles
As the name indicates; these are the pile masses which are present outside the anal orifice. They do not bleed but when large in size; may put some obstruction to the passage of stools. Some times patient complains of itching in these masses. When inflamed they become painful and swollen. They are removed by minimal surgical procedure with ligation of Ksharsutra at the root. This is an OPD procedure and patient can go home after 1 hour rest.
2. Internal Piles
There are three stages of Internal pile. In first stage; patient complains of painless bleeding. At this stage; doctor finds presence of internal pile masses on proctoscopy. In the second stage, the pile masses start protruding out while passing stool. Initially they get reduced by itself but in advanced stage; patients need to reduce these manually. In the third stage; the internal pile mass comes out not only at the time of passing stool but also while walking and sitting.
Treatment for Piles
The first stage internal piles are treated by Kshar Karma and oral medication. Second stage piles are treated successfully by combining Kshar Karma and sclerotherapy. If the pile masses are big enough then they are ligated by Ksharsutra. In the third stage also Ksharsutra ligation is done at the base of Pile mass which drops out in 5-7 days. This way the internal hemorrhoids can be successfully treated without surgery without hospitalization in all its stages.
Dos and Don'ts
The patient suffering from piles should:
- Increase consumption of fibrous food
- Increase intake of fluid/ butter milk
- Exercise regularly
- Always try to reduce the pile masses by applying pressure with fingers so that they remain inside the rectum
- Should not Spend more than 10 minutes for passing stool
- Should not Strain too much while passing stool
- Should not Consume fast food, spicy and oily food
My mother had operated (hysterectomy with bilateral salphingo oophorectomy) for ovarian tumour. They now staged it as stage 3c. She had mild ascitis & peritoneal involvement also. Doctors suggested chemotherapy. Is there any chance of recurrence after chemotherapy?
Hello Dr. I wanna know my czn is pregnant nd its her 5th week. I wanna know about her diet plan. Can you please tell me is maggie ok for her or not?
Sir, I am 32 years old, NCM,conceived naturally after one year of trying which resulted in missed abortion at 9 wks, probable cause told was aneuploidy. My hormone tests are normal, AMH is 1.3,Diag hysterolap showed e/o bilateral dilated tubes with delayed spill. Semen analysis with Dna frag is normal. 4 iui s failed. Borderline lupus anticoagulant negative so started on aspirin, enoxaparin 40, hcqs. With Icsi, conceived following 4 embryos transferred. Had twin gestation lost one at 6wks and other twin in NT scan showed f/o Turners (cystic hygroma with hydrops). Planning termination with poc molecular Karyotyping and both of ours Karyotyping. They ve told its due to poor egg quality. Sir I ve not been able tp conceive for 2 years following first natural conception except now with icsi with chromosomal abnormalities. Pls tell me how to go ahead.
Hi I am female 21 year old I had period last month on 24 nov it ended on 26 and after that I had sex with out any protection on 27 n 28 and on 29 I ate a unwanted 72. Now from 6 december I am having my periods again, I am afraid. Kindly clear my misconceptions Thank you.
The disruption of the normal female cycles of menstruation and ovulation after the age of 45 and the loss of her ability to conceive naturally is known as menopause. The associated symptoms of menopause are heat flushes, insomnia, weight gain, depression, nausea and fatigue. While hormone replacement therapy is the most common procedure to provide relief from menopausal symptoms, natural homeopathic remedies can also be used for the same. These remedies are completely safe as opposed to hormone replacement therapy which has a number of side effects.
The following homeopathic medicines and remedies can be used to treat menopause:
- A balanced diet which provides you with optimal nutrition can be helpful in treating menopausal symptoms. When you get enough vitamins and minerals, the physical discomfort caused by the symptoms can be reduced greatly.
- Phosphorus can help with migraines, extreme sweating, numb hands, fast pulse, memory problems and dry and itchy skin. Foods high in phosphorus content are meat, fish, cheese, nuts and seeds of pumpkins, sunflowers etc.
- Excessive deposition of fat can interfere with the hormonal cycles and cause imbalances in the level of estrogen and progesterone. So, regular yoga and exercise can be helpful.
- Amylenum nitrosum can provide relief from profuse sweating, shortness of breath and palpitations.
- Phytoestrogen or dietary estrogen is a compound found in foods such as soybeans, oats, barley, carrots, fenugreek, rice etc. Phytoestrogen can provide natural relief from menopausal symptoms.
- Aurum metallicum is used to get the tissues and organs to function normally again and control feelings of anxiety and claustrophobia.
- Aconitum napellus (wolf's bane) is a flowering plant and its extracts can reduce panic attacks, heat flushes, over excitability and depressive symptoms.
- Argentum nitricum is a nitrate compound of silver which is used to control excessive bleeding in the pre-menstrual stages.
- Belladonna (deadly nightshade) is beneficial for a large number of symptoms such as headaches, fatigue, insomnia, frequent urination, osteoporosis, abnormal weight gain and other nervous disorders.
- Bryonia alba, a flowering plant, is used as a remedy for vaginal infections, rashes and vaginal dryness that are common during menopause.
- Natrum muriaticum, in small amounts, helps to reduce stress. Stress can cause problems in thyroid function, cognitive functioning, digestive system functioning and it can elevate blood pressure levels rapidly.
- Nux vomica (strychnine) is a common homeopathic medicine for nausea, vomiting and indigestion. These problems are seen frequently in menopausal women, especially after meals at night.
Related Tip : "Is Postmenopausal Bleeding Normal??"