Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vandana Aggarwal
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vandana AggarwalYour feedback matters!
Your tongue not only helps you in tasting, kissing, chewing or talking, but also helps in maintaining good oral health and hygiene. Since your tongue is exposed to a lot of bacteria and acid while you eat, taking proper care of it is of utmost importance. Not doing so can lead to the development of a whitish layer over your tongue, along with giving rise to bad breath. Not only that, an excess of bacteria on your tongue is harmful for your teeth and can cause tooth decay.
When you clean your tongue properly, you enhance your sense of taste and bid adieu to a host of oral health problems. Here are some handy tips on taking care of your tongue:
- Cleaning your tongue every time you brush with a tongue cleaner can put an end to bacteria growth in your mouth. Make sure to use either a tongue cleaner or a toothbrush with a dedicated tongue cleaner to clean your tongue. Also, clean your tongue in a downward motion to expel all the accumulated bacteria, and never apply a lot of pressure when doing so.
- Apply a thin layer of your toothpaste on your tongue before cleaning it. This makes removing bacteria from your tongue that much easier.
- After every time you're done cleaning your tongue, rinse your mouth thoroughly with water. Also, make sure to use a mouthwash once in a while, as that keeps foul odour at bay. Although, using a mouthwash daily is not advised as it can cause dryness in the mouth.
- A saline water solution to rinse your mouth can keep your tongue clean. All you need is a glass of lukewarm water with half a teaspoon of salt for this.
- Drinking green tea is particularly good for your tongue as it reduces the bacteria in your mouth to a great extent, preventing various oral health problems as a result.
- Foods that are high on natural or added colours (such as berries, black grapes or orange ice popsicles) should be avoided as they leave a thin layer of color behind on your tongue, which can mar its appearance.
- Sometimes, a whitish layer on your tongue can be a sign of a fungal infection, in which case you should go for a professional clean-up.
- Drinking lots of water is good for your tongue as it helps in washing out all the accumulated food and bacteria. Also, discoloration of the tongue can often be caused by dehydration, which is why drinking adequate amounts of water that is 10-12 glasses a day is vital.
Related Tip: "5 Reasons To Get Regular Dental Cleaning"
I had a malignant mouth ulcer which was removed surgically in May 2016. This was followed by 30 sittings of radiation. SMOF developed severely restricting mouth opening. In September 2017 I underwent microvascular surgery for removal of fibrosis and improve mouth opening. Now after 6 months there is no significant improvement. On the contrary it appears that the entire reconstruction has failed. Does homeopathy hold any hope for me? Can I look forward to softening of oral tissues and better mouth opening through homeopathy? Please advise.
I brush my teeth everyday .but still my teeth remain as they was .they look yellow and I also get saliva in my mouth along the day. Is there any remedy?
Gap between the teeth's How much time braces take to bring teeth's in normal position? And how much cost of lingual and ceramic braces?
Hello, My father is 55 years old. He has ulcers on his tongue from a long time they come and after some times they are again there on his tongue and they are dark red in color. He is a smoker too and smokes a lot. What can be the reason for the ulcers and what can be done to overcome them?
Feeling mouth dryness and body pain. What should I do? Yr opinion about Intake of bombay Rava (white Rava Uppuma,) and Palm jaggery.
Hi doctor. I have heat in my body how can I decrease my body heat and I am having gold teeth how should I do white? my tooth are overlapping how can I straighten my tooth.
This is Dr. Premendra Goyal. Why do we most often end up in the dental clinic? Bruise tooth-get the tooth out, painful tooth- do a root canal, broken tooth-pray to God. What else can you do? And that’s the main cause a lot of people have phobia about dental treatment. In past few years lot of changes have been taken place in dentistry. Where we have gone from reactive to preventive dentistry. No one can undermined the value of regular checkups, regular brushing, and regular flossing. As the proverb goes “prevention is better than cure” or maybe a “stitch in time saves nine”. What does a regular checkup do? Scientific studies proof that a cavity can start in as less than 3 to 4 months. Once got on time these cavities can be treated in time before it reach the nerve inside your tooth causing pain. There are lot of other preventive treatments available which will help your children be cavity free for a long time. Something like a fluoride application, or something called as Patent Fissure sealants which can seal the groused in early immature or permanent tooth wherein cavity don’t progress at all. So think of prevention rather than treating a problem once it does become big. So in today’s time you don’t need to be suffering, scientific studies again have proven that a bad oral hygiene can lead to lot of complications with a general health, may be heart disease, arthritis, diabetes so in the benefit of your overall health look at regular dental visits, regular cleaning up your teeth and you should lead a very healthy life.
For more details you can contact us via lybrate. Thank you!
Fruits and vegetables which require continuous biting like apples, carrots and corn should be avoided as it can become quite difficult while the braces are on.