Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vaisali
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VaisaliYour feedback matters!
I feel very sad nowadays after my friend left vizag and went to Hyderabad for job. She's the only best friend I had. Please suggest how I can be happy?
Doctor me and my boyfriend had oral sex and he ejaculated on my thighs. But for three months she is getting her periods. Is she pregnant?
For most of us, our smartphone is the first thing we look at in the morning and the last thing we check before going to bed. But, is it a right practise? Well, it is not. As per a recent study published by the Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts, using a smartphone right before bedtime actually reduces the overall quality of sleep.
- Difficulty in falling asleep - We feel sleepy when our brain releases a hormone called melatonin, which is determined by the body's circadian rhythm. The blue light emitted by the screen of the smartphone interferes with this rhythm and the secretion of melatonin, which makes it difficult for us to fall asleep, even after we keep our phone aside.
- Poor quality of sleep - Using a smartphone before going to bed also hampers the overall quality of sleep because, when we check an office email or a text message as the last thing before we sleep, it gets difficult for our brain to relax, due to which we are unable to sleep peacefully.
- Decreased attention span - Our productivity suffers during the day, due to lack of proper sleep at night. Also, not getting enough sleep is known to hamper our decision-making skills, impair our long & short-term memory, which leads to unnecessary stress and anxiety.
- Increased risk of weight gain - Our body is more likely to feel hungry when we don't get our due share of sleep, as sleep deprivation slows down our metabolism. Thus, use of smartphone right before bedtime can induce cravings, which lead to snacking and weight gain.
- Weak immune system - While we are asleep our immune system produces antibodies that help fight infections, it also releases a protein known as cytokines. This protein not only promotes sleep but also fights inflammation and other problems caused by stress. Lack of sound sleep decreases the production of cytokines and increases the risk of falling sick, it also slows down our recovery cycle. Further, long-term sleep deprivation can raise the risk of diseases, such as diabetes, heart problems and obesity.
- Skin damage - Sleeping late at night and not getting enough sleep can lead to dark circles, puffy eyes and fine lines across our face. The blue light emitted by our smartphones triggers the secretion of cortisol, which can damage our skin's smoothness and elasticity.
Thus, even if we are spending only some time on our smartphone before going to bed, it affects our overall mental and physical well-being. Want to know more about the problems sleep deprivation can cause or solutions that can help, consult our expert & get answers to questions!
Hi. Actually we had unprotected sex in the morning 5 am then she took unwanted 72 at 12 pm, but after 6,7 hours she vomited. I just wanted to know that pill will going to work or she need to take another pill?
After unprotected sex can I have methotrexate injection if I find that I may have ectopic pregnancy?
My mother is 44 years old approx and she suffers from stomach pain during her menstrual cycle and sometimes the pain is so unbearable that she has to take combiflam and she almost take 2-3 tablets during her every menstrual cycle. I will be highly obliged if you could tell me any solution to this problem because stomach pain is very much and she is fed up from this. any natural remedy or any other which would reduce her pain.
I had sex with my wife 3 days just before her periods date. So is it possible to get pregnant? Her date was 1st of September and I had it around 28th august but its 4th sept and she didn't have her periods till now. So is she pregnant.
I have a PCOD problem and I am on birth control pills. It's been 3 days now since I finished the pills but no sign of my period. I am feeling bloated and have sugar cravings. Please advise.
Last week I had unprotected sex with my girl friend. But in the same day she had unwanted 72. Unfortunately there is no such bleeding till today. What needs to be done to avoid pregnancy. Please advice.
Balance energy calories with activity calories. The energy you get from foods and beverages should equal the calories you burn in activity every day.
I have PCOD and have high thyroid and prolactin too. I am taking the prescribed medicines and also doing exercises daily. Should I have a specific diet where I cannot eat all sort of foods? Or I can eat all sorts of foods like spicy ones or junk foods sometimes. What sort of foods should I prefer and what should I avoid in my diet? Please advice me.
I am 17dpo but no period. Had got some brown discharge on 15 dpo nd few drops of brown blood on 16 dpo but no period. Is this sign of pregnancy.
Most brides go to great lengths to look their best on their wedding day, but a few get it wrong. They fall in the trap of quick fixes such as extreme diets and exercise regimes that end up harming their health, sometimes permanently, before their D-day. The fact is that short term changes made in the hope of losing weight quickly are always harmful and useless.
Here are a few healthy and effective tips for brides wanting to get in shape for their wedding day.
- Eat five to six small meals per day: This is a great way to feel full the whole day. This helps you to stay away from mindless snacking, increase your metabolism and decrease consumption of empty calories. You can go for a portion of lean meat, whole grain carbohydrate and a fruit or vegetable every three to four hours a day. You must also consume dairy products regularly for calcium. It’s also good to design and fix your diet plan in advance as you’ll get busier as your wedding day approaches. If you are a working woman, you can cook your meals and freeze them beforehand. This will prevent you from ordering food in. Skipping a meal is a complete no-no as this will make you hungrier later on and promotes bingeing.
- Hydrate well: Keep drinking small quantities of water throughout the day. This will keep you hydrated and make you feel full. Experts say that hunger pangs could actually be a sign that you are thirsty. You should drink eight to 10 glasses of water daily. If you exercise regularly, you need more water. Also if you are overweight, you need to drink more water. Drinking soda or even diet soda does not count as water. These drinks actually dehydrate you.
- Engage in smart snacking to keep yourself energized: Snack right on food items containing proteins, iron, vitamins and whole grains to keep your energy up on days before your wedding. Nutritionists recommend 10 grams of protein and 5 grams of fibre with each meal. Healthy snack options can be oats, sprouts, fruits and cheese. Keep these healthy snacks around you so that you reach for them and not chocolates and pasta when you’re hungry.
- Avoid bloat-causing food items: Bloating makes your stomach look fat. You certainly can’t afford to get a bloated stomach during your wedding. So stay off sugary food items like desserts, candy, juices, cokes and refined sugar found in white breads, rice and pasta. This way you will fit into your wedding dress and feel energized and fit to enjoy your wedding festivities. Opt for natural sweeteners like honey instead and drink more water, soup and fruit to decrease bloating.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have sex with my bf on 27 may. Then give her ipill. After the day I have again sex with her. My periods date was 18 june. But I got it on 4 june. So now I did not get my periods. Anything serious.
Few days ago a patient reported pain in the bottom of his foot. He described it as feeling like his foot was ripping apart during the first few steps out of bed in the morning. During the day it seemed to get a bit better but never totally gone. He had a list of other symptoms and wanted to do whatever he could to get rid of the pain. Finally patient was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis and decided to treat with cupping therapy.
After the two sessions, he reported good improvement in his foot pain and leg muscle tightness. And now he is able to get out of bed and walk almost normally.
I believe that cupping is so much effective at removing inflammation, that it was key in treating his plantar fasciitis.