Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vadhu Vasta
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vadhu VastaYour feedback matters!
Hi, I had unprotected sex & gave unwanted 72 after 48 hours but as written on it date didn't came after week is she pregnant?
I am 23 years old female. I am having bleeding problem and polycystic overy problem because of this periods would not stop for more than 15 days. How to overcome it?
At the time of sex I feel burning sensation and too much pain. I am 5 years married and have 3 years child.
I am working in Dubai, last month of july I came to india for vacation I don't have family visa so I cannot take my wife to dubai Therefore I and my wife are trying for pregnancy last 3 month, but we are fail and I don't have much time I had to go back to work again but I need child very soon I don't have any problem in sex but my wife has liquid discharge after sex and we consult with doctor but doctor didn't give any medicine for pregnancy Please advice me and suggest me any medicine for pregnancy please help.
A surgical procedure, in which a woman's uterus is removed is referred to as a hysterectomy. The need for this operation can arise due to various reasons, which include:
- Development of uterine fibroids that are painful and accompanied by bleeding and other associated symptoms
- Uterine prolapse, which is characterised by a shifting of the position of the uterus, wherein it enters the vaginal canal
- Ovarian cancer, cervical cancer or endometrial cancer
- Vaginal bleeding that cannot be characterised as normal
- Development of a condition, in which the uterus thickens and is known as adenomyosis
- Chronic pain in the pelvic region
In Ayurveda, the uterus is associated with the Pitta dosha (fire element), and is considered to be a storehouse of metabolic fire. In fact, this is the reason why after a hysterectomy is performed, a woman generally loses the zest for life along with her creativity and feels demotivated, depressed, sentimental or lethargic. But Ayurveda can help in regaining your vitality post hysterectomy. Here's how:
The role of Ayurveda in hysterectomy:
In Ayurveda, the greatest healer of hysterectomy is the herb Shatavari (asparagus racemosus). This herb is known to balance out the Pitta Dosha, which is associated with the uterus. Not only that, this herb, whose name roughly means "a woman who has a 100 husbands," is extremely vital in reducing stress and in increasing Ojas (or vitality). It also helps in building stamina and increasing strength post surgery, while helping in maintaining a normal hormonal balance. A woman will also experience an increase in her Sattva (or positivity) with the help of this herb.
However, just after surgery, a woman is advised to have arjuna and turmeric as they are enriched with healing properties. A combination of other herbs along with Shatavari can help in calming the mind and keep fluctuating emotions in check. These other herbs include saffron, aloe vera, calamus, gotu kola, bhringraj, and brahmi rasayana or jatamansi.
Children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder – ADHD/ADD may be difficult to parent. They may have trouble understanding important directions. Children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder – ADHD/ADD are usually in a constant state of activity.
This can be a constant struggle for parents at home leading to a lot of personal frustration (for parents) as well as a chaotic atmosphere at home everyday.These children can also be difficult to handle at school, leading to constant complaints from teachers and peers. You may need to change your home life a bit to help your child. Here are some tips to handle children with ADHD:
- Organize your schedule at home. Set up fixed times for waking up, playing, eating, doing homework, doing chores, watching TV or playing video games and going to bed.
- Set up house rules. Make the rules of behavior for the family simple, clear and short. Rules should be explained clearly. It’s important to explain what will happen when the rules are obeyed and when they are broken.
- Be positive. Tell your child what you want rather than what you don’t want. Reward your child regularly for any good behavior–even little things such as getting dressed and closing doors quietly. Children with ADHD need to be praised for good behavior.
- Make sure your directions are understood. First, get your child’s attention. Look directly into his or her eyes. Then tell your child in a clear, calm voice specifically just what you want. Ask your child to repeat the directions back to you. Then congratulate your child when he or she completes each step.
- Make sure someone watches your child all the time. Because they are impulsive, children with ADHD need more adult supervision than other children their age. Make sure your child is supervised by adults all day.
- Watch your child around his friends. It’s hard for children with ADHD to learn social skills and social rules. Be careful to select playmates for your child with similar language and physical skills. Invite only one or two friends at a time at first. Watch them closely while they play. Reward good play behaviors often.
- Help with school activities. School mornings may be difficult for children with ADHD. Get ready the night before–lay out school clothes and get the book bag ready. Allow enough time for your child to get dressed and eat a good breakfast. It would also be a good idea to collaborate with the teacher who could help your child deal with academic difficulties and handle mis-behaviour with extra care.
- Set up homework routine. Pick a regular place for doing homework. This place should be away from distractions such as other people, television and video games. Break homework time into small parts and have breaks.
- Focus on effort, not grades. Reward your child when he tries to finish school work, not just for good grades. You can give extra rewards for earning better grades. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
Homeopathy, being an alternative form of medicine, is often misunderstood when compared to allopathic treatments. In fact, there are many myths and rumours about the working of this field of medicine. This has become a primary reason as to why many people think twice before trying out homeopathy. However, of late, more and more people are breaking the shackles of these myths and rumours and opting for this natural and alternative form of medicine. Here are certain myths and facts which disclose the truth about them.
- It is often said that homeopathy first aggravates the symptoms and then reduces it. Most people shy away from this prospect and decide otherwise. The fact is, sometimes the condition worsens naturally due to the serious stage at which it is in. This is, however, not caused by side effects of taking any homeopathic pills. Thus, this line of treatment does not aggravate the symptoms. This is a myth and should be looked beyond.
- A set of people believe that homeopathy, being natural, has the ability to cure any disease whatsoever. But it has to be kept in mind that homeopathy is, after all, a natural science of medicine. Just as allopathic cure sometimes fails to produce the desired results, homeopathy too fails at times in delivering. But this is no reason to not opt for such a treatment. Every field of medicine has its own sets of limitations.
- At times, homeopathic doctors are not given the same respect that is given to those who practice allopathic treatment and deal in general medical sciences. Here, it needs to be discussed that homeopathy is an alternate form of medicine, which is practiced by those who have a proper degree in medicine, even in general medicine. In fact, many conventional doctors have thought it beneficial to switch streams of practice and have left allopathy for homeopathic treatments.
- Homeopathy is believed to provide relief only from pains, allergies and maybe skin troubles. But it is not so. Recent developments and studies have shown that homeopathy, if administered effectively, can also bring about pathological changes in the individual.
- People think that homeopathy takes time to show its results. But this is not true. In fact, at times while treating fever, cold and allergies, it shows rapid results. It is only when the disease is chronic that it takes time to heal.
These are some of the popular myths about homeopathy and it is needed that these myths are busted so that more and more people believe in the power of homeopathy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.