Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vadhu Vasta
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vadhu VastaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering severe stomach pain during the first two days of my mensuration period, can you suggest any solution for this?
HIV, which is short for Human Immunodeficiency Virus, penetrates your body and directly attacks your immune system. In this process, the virus weakens your body's natural defense mechanism against diseases and infections. A compromised immune system makes the body prone to minor infections, which healthy people would generally overcome. The virus itself doesn't cause any physical symptoms. It only serves to ease the entry of other bacteria and viruses into the body.
The following are some of the ways HIV affects your body:
1. Immune system - The human immunodeficiency virus destroys CD4 cells, the white blood cells that help the immune system ward off foreign substances. If left unchecked, HIV can develop into AIDS. During such time, the virus may damage the immune system to an extent that it wouldn't be able to ward off minor infections that a healthy immune system would. A person with HIV could thus suffer from fever, chills, sweats, shortness of breath, white spots in the mouth, fatigue, skin rash and weight loss from time to time.
2. Respiratory system - As HIV develops into AIDS, the body can contract infections such as pneumocystis pneumonia (PCP), tuberculosis and Kaposi's sarcoma. These conditions lead to serious respiratory problems. PCP is found to be one of the most common infections among people with HIV. 85% of the people would develop the infection if the condition is left untreated.
3. Skin problems - As in healthy individuals, many skin conditions can also occur in people with HIV or AIDS. But a compromised immune system heightens the condition and causes difficulty in treatment. Dermatitis, psoriasis, and hives are common conditions. They are also prone to a rare type of skin cancer known as Kaposi's sarcoma.
4. Gastrointestinal System - Gastrointestinal disorders are the most common ailments for people diagnosed with HIV and AIDS. Problems faced include diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, weight loss, abdominal pain and gastrointestinal bleeding. 50% of the people suffering from HIV encounter gastrointestinal disorders at some point of their illness. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Hi any permanent solution have for pcod problems. How many days use medicine for it ? will it cure completely ?.
Sir/ Madam Meri wife pregnant Hai Main Chahta Hoon ki uski delivery normal Ho Pehle Jo delivery Thi who operation huva tha pregnancy ke 8 mahina pura ho Chuke hai 10 Mahina Pehle gallbladder ka operation overian (Dermoid &choclati cyst) cyst ka operation karavaya tha she is taking Medicine, Supracal" Ferikind" Protinex suger free powder 8 mahina pura hone me 3 din baki hai Pregnancy ke Darmiyaan total 7 kilo vajan bada hai Diabetes B.P nahi hai. Please suggest.
Hi in period time my wife getting plain which tablets has to use then it's does not have side effects give the suggestion doctor.
Ayurveda translates to study of life and is one of oldest medicine systems in the world. It works by treating the body as a whole system and gets to the problem. It believes that good health is a result of the balance between the 3 body elements Vata, pitta and kapha. The imbalance between these three cause disease and treatment should be aimed at restoring this balance.
Oils are one of the widely used Ayurvedic remedies, and there are multiple benefits of an Ayurvedic oil massage. Therapists would recommend this to be a daily routine for overall well-being. While pain relief is an obvious benefit, read on to know some of the lesser known benefits of an oil massage.
On a regular basis, there is stress and toxins that are accumulated in the body. A good massage dissolves these toxins and rejuvenates and recharges the body. The body and the mind are relaxed and soothed.
The physical motions of an oil massage improve circulation to all parts of the body. The overall sensation is improved.
- Internal organs are stimulated, thereby their efficiency is improved.
- The oil per se provides good lubrication for the joints, thereby, enabling smoother joint and bone movement
- The muscles are toned, and with the improved circulation and nerve ending stimulation, the muscles are toned
- The nerve endings are stimulated, and the nerves are calmed. This is responsible for the calming effect after a massage.
- The stimulated nerve endings also improve the mental alertness and increase the overall physical stamina of a person.
- The body’s ability to eliminate toxins is improved, thereby leaving behind a cleaner overall system (skin, kidneys, and intestines).
- A lot of waste and toxins are removed from the skin, thereby leaving the skin softer and smoother. The oils used also seep in through the skin, nourishing the underlying layers of the skin. This also contributes to the glowing, youthful appearance.
- The massage relaxes the body physically and mentally. The overall result is also a deeper, refreshing sleep pattern for the person.
- Massaging the naval area in a clockwise direction and foot massage may seem far connected to vision, but these are actually proven areas that affect vision. Massaging these areas is shown to be beneficial for vision.
- The lymphatic system is also revitalised by improving lymphatic drainage. Excess toxins from the body are removed, leaving the overall body in a healthy and recharged state.
- Regular massage removes free radicals from the body, thereby, reducing overall levels of general inflammation. This reduces ageing effects (both internally and externally). The result is a younger, rejuvenated appearance.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
What is Miscarriage?
Miscarriage is defined as the spontaneous loss of the foetus before it is able to survive on its own outside the womb. Miscarriage usually occurs within the first trimester of the pregnancy. It is a very common complication in early pregnancies.
Miscarriage can be a common complication, but it can have devastating effects on the minds of the parents.
Signs and Symptoms of Miscarriage:
The most common visible signs are slight to heavy bleeding from the vagina. But the other common symptoms are:
Discharge from the vagina
Tissue discharge from the vagina
Cramping and pain in the abdomen
It is advised to go visit your doctor if you experience any of the above signs and symptoms.
What causes a miscarriage?
Chromosomal Abnormalities: A lot of miscarriages are caused due to mismatched chromosomes. Some women who have experienced miscarriage over two times may learn through tests that there are chromosomal abnormalities that may not affect them but prevent them from getting pregnant.
Abnormalities in the Uterus: Sometimes, the uterus may be too hostile to house a foetus. It can be a genetic disorder or a non-genetic disorder like fibroids or cysts that can lead to a spontaneous abortion.
Hormones: Low levels of progesterone in the body can lead to problems with implantation of the foetus.
Obesity: Studies have shown that every 1 in 4 women who are obese before the conception lose the foetus to spontaneous abortion.
Drugs and Toxins: Consuming alcohol or smoking during the pregnancy is seen to increase the risk of miscarriages manifold. Also, women who are exposed to toxins present in plastic such as Bisphenol A are seen to undergo miscarriage more often than women who are not exposed to such toxic substances. Coffee can be consumed in moderate levels during pregnancy.
Infections: Infections including Mycoplasma can infect the uterine lining and unknowingly cause complications such as miscarriage. Women who have undergone multiple gynaecologic procedures are seen to be at increased risks.