Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. V V Gautam
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. V V GautamYour feedback matters!
I am 47 old having regular pain in both legs below the knees while in idle time. I am working in a private institution where there is no respect, no system of work, no regular schedule of time and treats the people frequently in abusing manner. As this institution is a big institute. Therefore I feel always unsecured, unhappy and in a threatening.
My face skin color is fare and due to sunlight my face got tanned. What should I do to get my skin fare? Also suggest me the treatment or any cosmetic products for removing dark circles.
I have been having dry eyes for last 15 years. I put optive eye drops 2-3 times a day and genteel eye gel at night. Is there a better solution. Can this be cured?
The first thing that catches our attention when we strike a conversation with a person is their eyes. And aren't they the key feature of our body? Sadly, they take away the charm and youth from our face when they start aging. But as the fact lies, it isn't like we cannot do anything about it! Here are some of the simplest ways that help you keep your eyes gleaming!
Things you should avoid:
- The Sun: Sun exposure is a major cause of wrinkles. Thus avoiding the sun or taking precautions as you get out in the sun can make you look younger.
- Smoking: Smoking does ages skin, as it responsible for releasing an enzyme which is known to break down elastin and collagen.
- Sleepless nights: In the case of an incessant lack of sleep, the body starts producing excess cortisol, a hormone that leads to the breakdown of skin cells and thus resulting in making the skin appear aged.
- Over washing the face: Tap water usually delayers the skin of its natural oils and moisture that is meant to guard the skin against aging. Either use soaps that contain moisturizers or use cleansers instead of soaps.
Some noteworthy precautions:
- Use moisturizer and sunscreen: Completely avoiding the sun or the cold is inevitable. Hence, it is wise to consult a dermatologist and wear a sunscreen and moisturizer that is the most suitable for your skin type. It creates a protective shield for your face and keeps your skin protected from the consequences of the weather harshness.
- Use Reading Glasses: Any recurring action of the skin strains facial muscles and thus leaves a minor trench beneath the skin which is visible as a wrinkle. Hence, it's precautionary to get the eyes checked in case of any strain and use power glasses instead.
- Eat a lot of Fruits and Vegetables: Fruits and vegetables contain antioxidant compounds which aid in fighting back the harm that is created by free radicals. This helps the skin look younger and beaming.
Few home remedies:
- Cucumbers: Cucumbers are one of the easiest remedies to help you get away with your eye wrinkles. Chop thin slices of fresh cucumber and keep them over your eyelids. They help in reducing the buildup on the eyes and re-energize the skin.
- Coconut oil: This oil works miracles for wrinkles. Massage this oil into your wrinkled skin. You will see results in less than a month.
- Orange Juice: You can dip a cotton swab in fresh orange juice and lay it over your eyelid. Use this method twice daily.
- Castor oil: One of the most primitive remedies, apply and massage few drops of this oil to your face after cleansing. Repeating the treatment once or twice every week. This reduces the chances of re-development of wrinkles.
Sir I m Jagdish from Junagadh Gujarat having age of 33 yrs. I m suffering from Allergic Giant Papillary Conjunctivitis from last 10 years. my eyelids are affected most due to this. At the time of severity I m given cortico steroid drops or injection to my eyelids by doctors oftenly. Sir, Is there any permanent solution of this disease ? Hope for your valuable suggestion. Thanking You..
My eyes continulsy emits water and now etching is also started and redness also get occur in it. Wjat to do for tgjis to secure.
Dry eyes are a common phenomenon that develops when the tears do not provide sufficient moisture to your eyes. This may also be the result of inadequate production of tears by the tear ducts. This condition cannot be cured permanently; however, treatments usually help.
Signs and symptoms of dry eyes:
1. A scratchy, burning and a stinging sensation in the eyes
2. Mucous surrounding the eyes
3. Sensitivity to light
4. Redness of the eyes
5. A feeling that something is stuck in the eyes
6. Problems in wearing contact lenses
7. Vision problems, especially while driving at night
8. Watery eyes caused due to the irritation that stems from dry eyes
9. Blurred vision
What are the causes?
1. Tears are a mix of fatty oils, water and mucus. This combination safeguards your eyes from any sort of infection in addition to keeping your ocular surface (the cornea surface) clear and smooth. Your eyes dry up if the tear ducts do not produce enough tears; medically, this condition is termed ‘keratoconjunctivitis sicca’. It can occur due to:
- Certain medical complications such as Sjogren’s Syndrome (a medical condition marked by dry eyes and a dry mouth) arthritis, diabetes, thyroid disorders and deficiency of Vitamin A among a few others
- Side effects of certain medications such as anti-depressants, acne medications, birth control medications and medicines to control high blood pressure
- Laser eye surgery or damage caused to the tear gland due to exposure to radiation or inflammation
2. Increased drying up or evaporation of the tears caused due to exposure to various kinds of smoke, dry air or wind, less of blinking while focusing on any particular activity or an object and eye lid problems such as in-turning of the eyelids (entropion) and out-turning of the eyelids (ectropion) can contribute to this irritating condition.
3. Imbalance in any of the layers constituting a tear film (made of oil, mucus and water) might lead to this condition.