Lybrate.com has top trusted Speech Therapists from across India. You will find Speech Therapists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Speech Therapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Therapy Oral Language
Language Therapy Treatment
Language Stimulation Treatment
Treatment of Learning Dysfunction Disorders
Language Presa Treatment
Oral Motricity Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. V.S. SaxenaYour feedback matters!
I can't relax during speaking. Many ideas come at same time and I am disabled to manage them. Then I get stammering. Can I get rid from it?
Hello guys I'm facing little stammering issue and no fluency in speech, and it's sometime hard to initiate speech, and always slipping my words pls help.
I am 22 years old and currently doing pg in physics. I have the problem that I usually feel frightened to speak in front of a gathering, and the problem only becomes worse if there are women around. Like I somehow don't feel comfortable in classroom and ask questions to the teacher. I always feel uncomfortable to speak to the girls when they come to for help or to discuss anything. I feel awkward (become red faced and sweat) if people look at me when I speak, but there is no such problem if there is complete darkness or there are only a few known people around. I have always been a bright student with thousands of successes to cheer about but this problem somehow doesn't allow me to enjoy my hard earned successes. Now I am in a fix what to do. I was thinking about taking sbl tranquil. please let me know if it is gonna help.
I have a stammering problem. When I get tensed I will get more stammered. Normally I talk very well with my family and friends. But, when I talk in class, office I will get stammered. So, please help me How can I overcome my stammering problem.
I am an 18 year old boy. And I am very afraid of speaking in public. And have a lot if stage fright. I can not talk on stage and got freeze and very nervous. So I did some research on the internet and I got that I should take some propranolol. So should I take it. And how should I take it. Please help me.
My father is suffering from paralysis in right side. Due to which he is unable to speak although all other body parts are working but weakness is there. There are some blood clots in brain. Around 3 yrs have passed hv tried so many hospitals and doctors. But speech problem is not solving please help me is there any surgery or else so he can recover little bit.
For e.g I have a problem form 15 years my voice is like as parrot mean me tutlata hu. I am doing exercise of speech therapy but not result came So tell me how I clear my voice.
My daughter is 3 years & 5 month old, she can, t speak clearly, me and my husband both are working she stay with baby sitter in day, what we will do for her?
There are instances when a kid doesn’t show the usual signs of development compared to their peers. Most parents take it casually thinking that their child will catch up in due course only to find a larger problem associated with it. It is therefore extremely important to discuss speech and language related delays with a medical practitioner to find out whether a child is immature or has a genuine problem which requires medical help. A child can show different signs as per age:
Different age group:
- Within the first 12 months, a baby should be able to relate to his environment and make babbling and cooing sound. It is often observed that by month 9, a baby is capable of stringing sounds after seeing things. If a baby is intently watching objects, but is unable to make any sound, this may be an early symptom of speech or language related problem.
- Between the 12th and the 15th month, a baby should be capable of making a wide array of sounds including few commonly used words. Babies should also be able to take few basic instructions and oblige those.
- Between the age of 18th and 24th months, a baby becomes smart enough to pronounce anywhere in the range of 20 to 50 words. They also start combining words and make simple sentences. They should be capable of identifying common objects and remember their names.
- By the age of 3, a toddler should be smart enough to combine 4-5 words and form sentences. Kids of this age also become smart enough to take straightforward instructions and perform them comfortably. Any deviation on this should be immediately reported to the Doctor.
What are the warning signs?
If a child between the age of 1-2 is not able to do the following things:
- Fails to use gesture
- Use more gesture than vocalising by the age of 18 months
- Produce no voice by 18th-month
- Fails to perform simple instructions
A child between the age of 2-3 needs evaluation if:
- Capable of imitating words but isn’t spontaneous in vocalising
- Repeats certain words multiple times
- The tone of voice is unusual compared to his peers
Possible causes of speech and language delay:
- Problems with palate leading to oral impairments
- Short frenulum restricting sufficient tongue movement to produce speech
- Oral-motor problems leading to speech limitation
- Problems related to hearing
- Chronic infection of the ear leading to speech delay
What does the pathologist assess?
- What can the child speak?
- What can the child understand?
- Oral-motor status
- Clarity of speech
Post the above evaluation a pathologist directs a plan of action. Sometimes speech therapy sessions are recommended in order to improve kids’ skill. For a motor related problem, a doctor can state a plan of action and limit the expectation of parents. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Speech Therapist.