Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. V N Roy
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. V N RoyYour feedback matters!
My hair colour is not aa black or brown and hair fall are coming any time wash the hair I should do it.
I am 30 years old I have skin fungus problem from two years I have used various medicines but problem not cleared totally its repeating again and again please send me solution.
Grannies and mummies emphasize on the usefulness of oiling your hair. If they could, they would have made you do so regularly. Going outdoors with oily hair and an oily scalp is next to impossible in present times. On the other hand, pollution along with the fast paced lifestyle, takes a toll on your hair health. To counter the ills of dull hair, oiling is must. One must be aware of certain points while applying oil on his or her hair.
When should you oil your hair?
You should not be oiling your hair at any time of the day. People tend to stick to their feasibility and oil their hair whenever they find time out of a busy schedule. Use oil only when you decide to remain indoors for quite some time. Oil absorbs dust and grime easily and hence, going out with oil on your hair before a head bath will only dirty your scalp all the more.
Oil should be applied at night before going to bed. Letting your hair remain oiled overnight will strengthen the roots and hair follicles. This way you add nourishment and luster to your otherwise dry and frizzy strands.
The benefits of oiling your hair frequently:
1. Fights off dandruff: Dryness causes dandruff to occur. If you can deal with dryness, you are halfway through in dealing with dandruff as well. If you suffer from acute dandruff, the oil producing glands in your scalp will produce oil in meager quantities only. All these symptoms necessitate the regular application of oil.
2. Oil is effective as a deep conditioner: Oil, especially coconut oil acts as a deep conditioner. It can also be used to detangle your hair without much hair fall. Oil should be left on the scalp for a couple of hours to enhance complete absorption.
3. Repairs hair damage due to sun exposure: The ultraviolet rays of the sun make your hair brittle. Sun rays can also lead to discoloration of hair. Oil provides vitamins and other nutrients to poor quality hair, thus making it strong and shiny.
4. Feel rejuvenated by applying oil on your hair: Oiling one's hair is the best way to chuck stress out of the window. Oil can relax both your mind and body. Using lukewarm oil on one's scalp once in a while will improve blood circulation and will also relax the tense nerves of your hyperactive brain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.
I been normal guy since my childhood but in 2000 I got malaria after which my weight started gaining with time passed on I never able to lose my weight please guide me what should I do.
Hello, I am suffering from advance ageing problem Now I'm 19 year old but my face looking about 25 or 26 year old, I have practice yoga and skin care treatment but it not helps me, so I have think that you will give the perfect result, Thank you.
Nails are an important part of your physiology, although they are mostly used for either utilitarian purposes such as gripping or for beauty purposes such as nail decorations. Nails themselves can go through infections which need not have underlying causes and thus can cause damage to that part of the tissue. One such disorder of the nail is onycholysis.
What is onycholysis?
This is a disorder where the nail on the finger or the toes starts to separate from the skin below. This happens little by little and usually starts at the tip and then progresses backward. The further back it progresses, the more nail tissue it destroys. While the entire nail may not be detached from the nail bed, parts of it may chip off, showing the tissue underneath.
Symptoms of Onycholysis:
- Jagged border between the pink flesh of the nail bed and the yellow edge of the nail
- Detached nails become opaque, yellow or may turn green in color
- Nail may become irregular in shape and size
- Bits and chunks of nails can break off easily
Primary Causes for Onycholysis:
Let's look at some of the primary causes of onycholysis:
- Frequent Trauma - If you have a profession or work at home where you constantly require tapping away, it might cause minute injuries to build up within the nails and the fingers. Tapping on keyboards is one area where you could get repetitive trauma like this.
- Manicure Problems - Many salons may aggressively try to clean the underside of the nails and in the process, slowly dislodge the nail form the nail bed and cause onycholysis. This has known to be the case with many people.
- Water Immersion - If you have work where your nails are immersed in water for long periods of time, this could also affect the development of onycholysis.
- Skin Diseases - Certain skin conditions can also end up giving onycholysis. Psoriasis and contact dermatitis are other conditions that may lead to onycholysis as a consequence.
- Allergy to Nail Glue - Many makeup artists and customers have complained that certain brands of nail glue can also cause allergies resulting in onycholysis.
- Medications - Medications meant for the treatment of other ailments within the body can have the unintended consequences of causing onycholysis.
The underlying problems need to be corrected which may cause onycholysis. Once the underlying problem is corrected, onycholysis usually corrects itself. The nail may take some time to re-grow but will grow back on its own eventually and may take 4 to 6 months to cover the entire affected area again. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!