Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. V.K. SaxenaYour feedback matters!
According to a major study that provides a connection between height and cancer, it is stated that taller people are more prone to developing cancer. Research has found that the risk of developing any kind of cancer in women rises by 18% for an increase of every 10 cm in height. In men, the risk rises by 11%, even though height is not as major a factor as are obesity, smoking and a bad, unhealthy diet.
Several reasons have been put forward for the above statement. One of the reasons is that the number of body cells in taller people is more than people with average height. This leads to an increase in the number of cells which could potentially turn malignant.
While individually analysing the impact of height on different cancer forms, it was found that the highest increase in risk was in skin cancer (30% for every 10 cm increase in height), while a 20% increase was noted in taller women developing breast cancer.
Development of cancer in regions including the colon and rectum is known as colorectal cancer. Long legs have been surprisingly associated with this form of cancer. In comparison with shorter people, it was reported that taller people had a higher risk percentage of developing colorectal cancer. Two hypotheses regarding the formation of colorectal cancer have been developed. One hypothesis is that taller people have longer colons, which in turn result in more surface area where colon cancer can develop. The other hypothesis is that taller people experience increased levels of growth hormones. These particularly affect the length of their legs. The growth hormone called 'insulin-like growth factor 1' is increased during puberty and is considered to be a risk factor for colorectal cancers occurring at later stages.
Did a master health check. Ultrasound report says 'Bulky uterine cervix' The pap smear test says 'Atypical Squamous cells of undetermined significance with inflammation. Repeat after controlling inflation Microscopy: Satisfactory for evaluation Transformation zone is absent, inflammation is intense, no organism/ reactive changes, Atrophy present, few cells with mild nuclear enlargement seen. What do these results mean? Does it indicate cervical cancer? What next?
My mom had breast carcinoma surgery before 2 years followed by chemotherapy Tumor is of T2 N1. Since that chemotherapy we didn't want for check up. Is there is need to go for checkup. I'm very concerned about it.
My farther suffered with multiple myeloma doctors said to me check you also. Is there any chance to son get this Cancer.
Is it okay to cleanse your body by fasting from time to time? How long am I contagious when I have the flu or a Is my microwave giving me cancer?
Hi i am suffering from pancreatic cancer. Please suggest what can I do in obstruction jaundice caused by 22mm mass on head of pancreas.
My wife is undergoing chemotherapy sessions towards treatment of breast cancer. Her appetite and sleep are severely affected. She has spasms at the base of the spine and thigh muscles. Unable to sleep at all on her back. Is there any ayurvedic treatment that can bring her relief concurrently with chemotherapy.
Can numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus cause bladder prolapse? Why does my gynecologist think my bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after I was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues?
Sir/Madam I have one problem. My chest is looks like as ladies breast. I feel ashamed in front of others during functions etc. How to remove that shapes and how to get original mans chest. Please give me a suggestion. Is there any treatment to it suggest me & cost also. If you do not mine tell me as early as possible.
I suffer from enlarged prostate. For many years I am taking medication. But I don't think I am getting better. Any remedy without surgery. I am 77. Taking Dutas and Urimax. Frequent urination in the nights.
Whether you consider tomato as a fruit or vegetable, it has a lot of benefits that can make a person healthier and fit. It is usually regarded as a salad that you may or may not want to eat as compared to other vegetables. Tomatoes, because of their helpful phytochemicals, such as lycopene, help in preventing a number of cancers and convey other medical advantages as well. Hence, following are the benefits of a tomato:
- Prevents cancer: As a magnificent source of vitamin C and different cell reinforcements, tomatoes can battle the development of abnormal cells that causes cancer. Lycopene has been connected with prostate tumour prevention. Epidemiologists recommend the consumption of tomato as it helps lower the possibility of prostate cancer. High fibre content of beta-carotene in fruits and vegetables has been proven to bring down the risk of colorectal cancer to a great extent.
- Blood pressure: Low sodium consumption keeps circulatory strain solid. Tomatoes are rich in potassium that helps in the same.
- Heart’s well-being: The fibre, potassium, vitamin C and choline content in tomatoes all bolster the heart’s well-being. An expansion in potassium as well as a reduction in sodium is the most essential dietary change that an individual can make to lessen their danger of cardiovascular diseases. Tomatoes additionally contain folic corrosive, which keeps the homocysteine levels under control. It reduces the risk of heart diseases.
- Diabetes: Tomatoes help bring down the blood sugar level in people with type1 diabetes. Whereas, people with type 2 diabetes may have enhanced glucose, lipids and insulin levels. One measure of cherry tomatoes gives around 2 grams of fibre and helps them keep their levels neutralized.
- Constipation: Eating foods that are high in water substance and fibre like tomatoes can help with hydration and advance normal solid discharges. Fibre adds mass to stool and is important for bowel movement.
- Eye health: Tomatoes are a rich sources of lycopene, lutein and beta-carotene, which are intense cancer prevention agents. They have been helpful in protecting the eyes against harm related to the advancement of age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
- Skin: Collagen, a fundamental part of the skin, hair, nails and connective tissue, is dependent on vitamin C. An inadequacy of vitamin C leads to certain skin problems. As vitamin C is a capable cancer prevention agent, a low intake can affect the skin and cause harm from UV rays, infections and smoke. This usually results in wrinkles, hanging skin, blemishes and other antagonistic skin diseases.
- Pregnancy: A good amount of folic acid needs to be present before and during pregnancy to ensure the infants good health inside the mother’s womb. This can be found in tomatoes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.