Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. V.K. Jain
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. V.K. JainYour feedback matters!
Almost everyone has scars on their body that tell tales of falls, accidents or surgeries. However, in some cases, these scars can mark a person’s appearance and affect their self-confidence. In such cases, the person may consider scar revision surgery. As the name suggests, this surgery aims to minimise a scar and make it more consistent with the surrounding skin colour and texture. Anyone can undergo scar revision treatment. Some of the factors to be kept in mind while considering such treatment are:
- Location of the scar on the body
- Functional impairment resulting from the scar
- Likelihood of functional impairment after scar revision surgery
- Quality and skin type of the affected area
- Availability of surrounding tissue
Scars can be revised surgically as well as non-surgically depending on the type of scar. Non-surgical treatment for scars includes the use of skin lightening creams. Microdermabrasion and skin resurfacing. Dermal fillers may also be injected into the skin to reduce fine lines and deep creases.
In case creams or others do not work, surgery in the form of Scar revision is required. It involves removal of scar and re-adjustments of tissues near by. The results are very satisfactory. And wherever the re-adjustments is not possible, rarely skin grafting or flaps are required. The ultimate result will be far better than the scar usually.
- Skin grafting: This is a procedure that is used to treat small but deep scars. It involves the removal of skin from one part of the body and it being placed over the affected area to hide the scar. This new tissue promotes the growth of new healthy skin cells in the injured area. Skin grafts may also be used for injuries that scar improperly or injuries that do not heal well on their own.
- Skin flap surgery: Treatment of larger scars is better suited to skin flap surgeries. This procedure involves a large transplant of skin, fat, blood vessels, nerve tissues and muscle from one part of the body to another. This is used only in extreme cases.
When it comes to scar revision, no form of treatment, if perfect and multiple treatments may be required. The main goal here is to make the patient more comfortable with his or her appearance even if the scar is not completely removed. Hence, it is very important to have a realistic expectation from the surgery in terms of both aesthetics and functionality. For this, the patient and cosmetic surgeon need to understand each other and have a common view of the desired results. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!