Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. V K GuptaYour feedback matters!
Need quick remedy for decreasing body heat, acne and scars. Skin damage, Enlarges Pores all over face. Dry and Sad face. Also piles pain while urinating.
I am having pimples since the age of seventeen I tried many medicines but the have no effect on them. Can you please help me? Thanks.
How to reduce dark spots on skin because of pimples I have got marks on my face and hands and back please tell me medications and medicines and food what to eat and what not eat to recover this problem Thank you.
Dear sir. My age is 23. I am facing over weight problem, how to reduce it. I'm also facing hair loss problem. I need suggestions for this 2 problem. Please help me. And I need a food plan.
I am 22 year female. I had black heads on my nose and unwanted hair on upper lip. I watched video on tube to remove black heads and unwanted hair with veet wax strips. Is there is any side effects if I do the same?
I have blackheads and pimples on my face I used my face packs and scare removal creams in fact I also consulted many doctors I don't have any allergies I visited beauty parlours but but no vain what should I do for it?
I mistakenly rubbed my eye when my hands were covered with After shave balm. It didn't really burn. After washing my eyes with water, I mistakenly used a sample of polyester knitted upholstery fabric and its backside to dry my face. I seem to have rubbed some of it in and over my eye as well. It is a little rough on the backside, but coated and soft in the front. I washed my eyes again. I just seem to have some irritation and nothing really bothering me. The irritation goes away with time and comes back if I wash my eyes with water again. What should I do?
I have very thick hair from top to bottom. I want to know the cost or hair removal laser treatment total body and only hands also.
Hi dear sir/madam. I am suffering from psoriasis on both legs from 5 years. Do I have complete cure for this. please suggest me.
She has psoriasis (scalp, fingers) from childhood. How to get rid of that and also suggest famous doctors.
ayurveda or Homeopathy, which treatment is good for dandruff and hair regrow permanently over bald. And how long it will take to regrow hair.
When skin is infected by a fungus, the resultant infection is called tinea corporis (ringworm). It is most common in athletes and children. The infection may appear on the scalp, beards, groin, in between the toes and other places.
Tinea corporis can be caused by:
- Skin contact
- It is contagious, so if you use towels, bed linens and clothes of an infected person, you will get infected too.
- Touching a pet infected by tinea corporis.
Signs and Symptoms:
- The rash starts as a scant area of red, bumpy pimples and spots. Then the rash forms a ring, with raised, red borders and a clear middle. The border might look scaly.
- The rash may show up on face, legs, arms or other body areas which are exposed.
- The area feels itchy. It might also be flaky and dry. You might even experience hair loss in the infected area.
The skin in the area will be gently scraped off and the sample will be collected. Then, the sample will be viewed under a microscope. That will help discerning, which type of fungus is causing the infection.
The following treatment regime must be followed:
- The skin must be kept dry and clean.
- Fungal creams are best. Creams that contain miconazole, ketoconazole, clotrimazole or oxiconazole are excellent for fungal infections.
- Only apply the cream on clean skin. You can use it twice in a day. Bandaging the infected area is not recommended.
- To prevent the infection from spreading, wash your towels in warm water and use clean towels every time you bathe. Also, clean the bathroom and wear freshly washed clothes.
- If pets are infected, treat them as well.
The infection usually goes away under 4 weeks. The infection may branch out to the nails, groin, scalp and feet. Self-care is effective, but if symptoms persist, then do consult a specialist. Ringworms have certain complications, such as scratching the skin too much causes skin infections and other skin disorders, which may need further treatment.