Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. V K Gupta
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. V K GuptaYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 28 year old male and I am suffering from anxiety from the past few years. And it gets worse when there is someone counting on me or when I have to perform and I mess things up. I try to stay calm and do yoga which helps but certainly not upto the point where I would feel confident doing day to day task. It shatters my confidence and lately I have been very low on confidence. I know I should not compare myself with others but I feel that I can deliver but when I have to my nervous system just gives up. My hands go cold and heart starts pounding and it takes days of rest to stop thinking about an incident. I look very weak certainly I was not like this. But after taking a medication for hair loss named propecia it has made my symptoms worse. I gave up that medication all of a sudden and have never been the same ever since. Normally I would be fine but I keep thinking negative thoughts of things I dint do well at office meetings and how I got nervous. I need help. I feel I expect too much from myself. I want to be confident like I used to be. Please help me.
Now a days am afraid of my hairs because it getting thin. please suggest any medicine or treatment to get my hair back.
Hi my hand skin is very hard please suggest some cream or home remedies for making them soft. Its looking different from other like a hand of a farmer fully dry .please help.
I have hairfall problems for over a year. I have tried different oils, onion, anti dandruff shampoos. Nothing worked. I think I should concentrate on food intake. Can anyone suggest a healthy diet to tackle hairfall problems?
You may have heard a lot about teen acne and things related to it, especially its nature and solutions to cure this skin condition. However, there are several misconceptions about acne. Many facts regarding the cause and remedy for acne, which are commonly talked about, are incorrect. Here are some myths and facts about teen acne you should know about:
- Tanning clears the skin: A tan may act as a temporary mask to prevent acne. However, the sun dries up the skin and irritates it. This may further lead to acne breakout. There is no link between exposure to the sun and acne prevention, and the rays of the sun can cause damage to the skin. You should always use a sunscreen while going out in the sun.
- Wash your face to prevent acne breakouts: Washing your face helps in removing the dirt and oil from the pores of the skin. However, too much washing may cause dryness and irritation, triggering more acne breakout. You should not scrub your face and use a mild soap or a facewash to wash your face.
- Popping pimples will help in faster elimination: Popping pimples makes them less noticeable for some time, but it causes the pimples to last longer. When you squeeze a pimple, you push bacteria, dead skin cells and oil back into the skin. This causes increased swelling and reddening. It might also cause a red or brown scar, which takes a lot of time to disappear. Some of these scars last forever.
- Stress leads to acne: The normal daily stress a teenager faces does not lead to acne. However, in the case of stressful periods, such as dealing with the death of a loved one or facing parent’s divorce, the skin produces extra oil or sebum. This does not always mean that you will get more zits and pimples.
- Acne is curable: Acne is not curable. It is chronic in nature and may last for a very long time. It is like a continuous situation which keeps on recurring on the skin. It may come and go several times and in case you are prone to acne, you will face a hard time dealing with it.
- Pimples occur overnight: Another common misconception regarding acne is that pimples occur overnight. The truth is that a pimple takes weeks to develop but it may surface while you are asleep. The process of acne development is a complicated one and involves four steps.
Many people think that applying cold water closes pores and hot water opens pores. This is not true as the pores present all over your face do not have muscles. They cannot open and close. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Monsoon comes with a relief after those scorching hot summer days. You feel relieved and in this enjoyment, forget about your skin. Yes, this damp weather may let you feel easy but does your skin feel the same? The answer is perfect NO! There are a lot of problems that arise along with the monsoon.
The good news is that if you take some care, you will be able to enjoy the season along with keeping your skin healthy and glowing.
Here are certain tips for your skin care during monsoon.
Tips for skin care
There are mainly three types of skin which are oily skin, dry skin and combination skin. Depending upon your skin you should follow a different regime, but discussed here are certain tips that will be useful for all skin types during monsoon.
- Wash your face at least 3 to 4 times a day. If you have dry skin, then do not overdo it as it may dry it up more. Use soap-free cleansers to keep your face clean and moist all the time.
- Use scrubbers at regular intervals as it helps in exfoliating your skin and unclogging the pores. Even one's with oily skin will also find it useful.
- After cleansing and scrubbing use alcohol free toner so that the open pores that are caused by high humidity are closed. Too many open pores are not good for oily or combination skin.
- It's a habit of most individuals to stop the use of a sunscreen as it starts showering. Do not do that, keep using it even when the climate cools down and the sun is behind the clouds.
- Avoid using heavy make up during the monsoon. Even if you have to apply some, go for water-proof make up.
- For keeping your skin hydrated and brightening it, you can use lotion based serum that will help to keep your face moist.
- Avoid bleaching in monsoon as it is more harmful to your skin during this season.
- Take care of your lips by applying some milk cream on it. If you find them slightly cracked you can apply coconut oil. Try to avoid deep colored lipsticks. Go for natural shades during monsoons.
- Keep your skin clean and for that do pedicure and manicure regularly. It is always recommended more during the monsoons.
- After reaching home wash your feet, hands and face properly. During the monsoon, there are more germs everywhere so it is necessary that keep them clean.
- Drink as much water as you can to be hydrated.
Follow these tips as these will keep your skin glowing even during this dull season. However, if you still feel odd, it's better to get expert advice on skin care during the monsoon. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.