Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. V K Gupta
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. V K GuptaYour feedback matters!
Sir my face is many pimples in 10 years and try are different solution but is not success pls provide for authentic solution.
I am suffering from Syringoma. Is there any cure for this except laser treatment? Is there any ointment or medicine that can cure it?
I travel a lot, continuous hair fall occur when take bath at various locations. Provide a solution Thanking you.
Hii sir, I am facing skin problem, I am 19 years old and my skin is oily. If you do something than do please.
Hi I am 25 year old girl. I have acne holes in cheek. please suggest me what should I do, I get holesless nd spotless skin.
Under my eyes nerves are visible nd looks like a circle but these are not dark circles. Suggest any remedy or ointment to hide these nerves. Reasons also.
I am 32 years old, Iam suffering with hair fall and greying of hair, I am using parachute ayurvedic oil and dove shampoo. Please suggest which shampoo and oil to be used and how to avoid greying of hair.
Hello, I have a problem of Hair loss and since one year I used HAIR4U spray but it doesn't work well. My hair is weak and My hair is going less day by day from my forehead. So someone told me do PRP hair therapy solution so I need your kind suggestions for my hair is it good to do or not. Waiting for your kind response.
The harsh sun during summer causes several problems apart from just sunburn. Prolonged exposure to the sun may lead to several skin conditions like brown spots, red and scaly spots, wrinkling, drying and skin cancer. It is important for you to prevent your skin from such harmful effects of the sun. Here are 10 tips you must follow in order to safe guard your skin against sun damage:
- Wear a sunscreen: You must apply a thick layer of sunscreen lotion on your skin before going out in the harsh sun, as a thin coating will reduce the effectiveness.
- Cover yourself up: It is important for you to cover up properly before going out in the sun. Clothing of dark and tightly woven materials absorb UV rays more than cotton fabrics of light shades. Hence, you should avoid dark clothes and wear light ones. When the sun is very harsh, a well-brimmed hat is also recommended for protection of your head.
- Stay indoors: You should avoid the sun during its peak and most intense hours, specifically between 10 in the morning to 4 in the evening. Try to stay indoors during these hours and use an umbrella, if you cannot avoid going out.
- Wear sunglasses: Sunglasses are a must before going out on an intense sunny day. Sun damage to the eyes can result in conditions like cataract and pterygium. Wear sunglasses with 99% to 100% UVB and UVA protection for keeping your eyes safe.
- Avoid reflective surfaces: Try to be careful near water, sand or snow, which are reflective surfaces. They reflect harmful rays of the sun, thereby increasing he chance of sunburn.
- Avoid sunbathing: During harsh sun conditions, you should avoid sun bathing. Fair-skinned people should keep away from sun bathing even more. When you observe that your shadow is shorter than you, you must find a shade.
- Do not get fooled by the weather: Do not think that a cloudy sky reduces the chances of a sun damage. In spite of a thick cloud cover, UV rays can penetrate your skin, thereby, causing substantial harm.
- Photosensitivity: Several medicines and drugs make the skin extra sensitive to the sun, increasing the risk of sunburn. Some herbal medicines are responsible as well. Keep away from these drugs.
- Avoid tanning beds: UVA rays present in tanning beds can penetrate your skin quite deep. In fact, regular exposure to UVA rays leads to skin drying and causes wrinkles.
- Consume antioxidants: Antioxidants provide protection from the sun’s rays. You should increase the consumption of vegetables, fruits and drink green tea during summer.
The sun’s rays cause more damage to the skin than you can think of. By following these preventive measures, you will be able to spend time in the sun without getting affected.
Keep the above-mentioned tips in mind and prevent your skin from the harsh sun. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.