Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. V K GoyalYour feedback matters!
How to control diabetes, and food one should eat to control it and how to control pains in knee and backbone, eating healthy food is enough or person should take medicine?
Hi I am a diabetic n want to know dat how much accurate reading one gets to know from accucheck n d cost of an accucheck.
And while diabetes is a popular medical condition, a lot of people don't have much information about it. Although, they know the major types of diabetes, they have no clue about the difference between them. Here we outline type I vs type ii diabetes-
***Type I diabetes- Formerly known as juvenile onset or insulin dependent diabetes, type I diabetes is the one in which your body's immune system destroys all kinds of cells that release insulin. Over a period of time, this results in elimination of insulin production from the body, because of which the cells cannot absorb glucose or sugar and produce energy. Type I diabetes have episodes of low blood sugar level and it cannot be problem. Symptoms usually start from childhood or young adulthood.
***Type ii diabetes- The adult onset or non-insulin dependent diabetes can develop at any age, particularly after the 30s, although the cases of same are rising rapidly among children. This type of diabetes involves production of insulin, but not in a right way, a condition known as insulin resistance. For this kind of diabetes, the person usually might not have symptoms before the diagnoses and there are rarely any episodes of low sugar level. It can be easily prevented or delayed by following a healthy lifestyle and indulging in regular exercising.
If you have any of the above symptoms or have more questions related to diabetes, click on consult privately to ask me.
From lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over Whatsapp, Facebook and other media.
I am a diabetic and suffering from pyrea second stage cud you please tell me how to control it my sugar level is almost under control.
Hi sir, I am 66 years old retired Rly employee. I am a diabetic, obsess, constipation problem, nights I get up min 5 times for urinal, suffering from severe left hand shoulder pain for past two months. Please give me your suggestion.
What are the causes of thyroid and what are its symptoms? What precautions should be taken to cure it?
Modern lifestyle - minimal physical activity, unhealthy food habits and stress - has a negative impact on overall health for all of us. While we may not realize the negative impacts of our so called modern lifestyle in our daily lives, our lifestyle actually affects every function of our body and leads to many disorders and diseases.
Infertility or subfertility among men is one such outcome of unhealthy lifestyle, and is on a rise these days. There are many biological factors which can affect a person's ability to father a child. However, in this piece I will only discuss the five most common and easily correctable lifestyle related factors, which affect the fertility in men. All these behaviors have the potential to adversely affect sperm production and/or maturation in men leading to poor count and/or quality of sperms. However, if addressed in time, these men can still regain their fertility potential and realise their dream of having baby.
1. Body weight: Obesity has a direct correlation with reduced fertility among both men and women. Unhealthy eating habits, minimal physical activity and genetic predisposition are three most important causes of obesity. Its important to understand that while no one can really address the genetic predisposition, it really are the other factors that allow genes to take an effect. So, if one can ensure having a balanced diet and adequate amount of physical activity, he can still keep the body weight under check.
2. Excessive Caffeine intake: Excessive caffeine intake can affect the sperm motility, thereby reducing the speed of sperms and slowing down their journey inside a woman's body to reach the egg for fertilization. All this can be avoided by simply controlling the intake of caffeine. Please note that caffeine is found not just in coffee, but is present is big amounts in all carbonated and energy drinks. So, the trick is to avoid such drinks as much as possible.
3. Smoking: Smoking leads to DNA fragmentation in the sperms, which increases the risk of miscarriage. Smoking also reduces the sperm motility, thereby reducing its potential to fertilize the egg. Smoking in the woman partner further reduced the fertility potential as it damages the DNA in eggs also. I cant overemphasize on the need to immediately and permanently quit smoking in both the partners. One cant wait till the time they plan a pregnancy for quitting smoking - they have to do it now!
4. Alcohol consumption: Its a myth that one can consume alcohol in moderate amounts and still remain healthy. Even so called "moderate" alcohol consumption, generally defined as 30 - 60 ml per day, has a negative impact on fertility. Alcohol impact the sperm production process, thereby leading to reduced sperm count (called as azoospermia) and also affects the sperm maturation process, thus causing quality issues with sperms.
5. Stress: Its no secret that we live in an increasingly complicated world, which gives us not just physical but also serious mental stress. Mental stress and tension create a cycle of negative emotions and affect all the cognitive functions in the human body. Stress doesn't allow proper erection, which is essential for a successful effort at intercourse. One should try and remain as stress free as possible and can also try stress busters such as Yoga and meditation for a healthier lifestyle.
It doesn't require any magic or medications to help boost a man's fertility potential. These are all simple lifestyle measures everyone can manage on their own. All that is required is to allow the human body to work properly and then live a stress free life. Nature then takes its own course!
Tips for seven healthy life.
1. Eat healthy
2. Maintain body weight
3. Maintain BP
4. Control cholesterol
5. Maintain good blood sugar level
6. Regular exercise for 30 min, 5 days a week
7. Quit smoking