Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. V K BhatiyaYour feedback matters!
Hair fall or hair loss can be a harrowing experience in a person’s life. Among many reasons, genetic or hereditary predisposition is a fairly common factor. Even if you use medicated shampoos or use trusted and proven hair care products it still may not protect your hair and may not stop hair loss or even baldness.
How genetics determine hair health?
Some of the reasons which contribute to bad hair health due to genetics are briefly discussed below.
- Weak Blood Circulation in the Scalp: Many people are genetically predisposed to have low blood circulation within the scalp. As you age, the blood supply to the hair follicles starts reducing. This may be either due to a weak scalp or muscle tightening around the skull, which is cutting of blood flow to the hair follicles. This will result in hair loss and even lead to baldness.
- DHT: DHT or Dihydrotestosterone is another reason, which can result in hair fall. It is a variant of testosterone which is created when this hormone interacts with an enzyme in different places of the body. DHT is connected to receptors present in the hair follicles as well. When your hair regrow, the new hair grows smaller than earlier. If this cycle continues, you are left with almost no hair in the long run. DHT is found in the sebum, the blood and the scalp. If you have an elevated level of scalp sebum, it means you have a high DHT level which again may trigger hair loss.
There are some precautionary measures you can take for your hair fall to stop worsening are mentioned as follows:
- Topical medications: You can use some medicated hair tonic, for topical applications. However, the effectiveness of these medications varies greatly from person to person and don’t expect miraculous results in the short run. Consult a doctor who can prescribe you specific ones according to your need.
- Oral medications: There are certain medications, which can control the level of testosterone within your body and stop or at least arrest severe hair loss. However, you should visit your doctor and may even need to go through multiple medical check us before an appropriate medication is prescribed to you.
- Food supplements: You can take food supplements, which provide amino acids and other vital nutrients to your hair follicles.
Surgical treatments, such as hair transplantation are also available as an option, which can help you cover bald patches on your scalp. However, these are expensive corrective treatments, which can be invasive and thus, you will to reconsider it carefully.
I am caused by the Ringworm and itches. I take fluconazole, Itafast, but there is no profit in my ringworm.
Hello I have black spots on my back few years back I had 2 but now they r spreading like scars no itch g buf when I sweat feel like scratching but after I put tLcum pwd its ok in winters I apply moisturising cream as it gets dry nd pricks like needles please help.
What to do to not get diabetes, BP and all diseases. Does eating vit c and vit e supplements bad for health? How to get fair? And what are the supplements to get fair skin?
I am 33 years for hair growth any oil, homemade base oil and all joint little pain what is a solution pls tell me.
I am losing hair quickly and have tried all shampoos but no effect yet. I am not sure what else can I do can you please help me with this?
I am 25 years old female and my problem I have hair fall problem and my hairs are becoming white and length of my hair is not increasing. My hairs are becoming thin day by day. What should I do grow my haire long and prevent it from being white.
I have acne scar on my face from 2-3 year, so now what will I use to remove scar mark from my face n what will I use to prevent such types of disease or maintain my face skin clean.
I have a problem regarding my skin, getting black spot on my face and pimples. I already try out different types of face wash but not get the appropriate results so please help me for this.
Please suggest me some under eye cream for my dark circles. I applied skin lite for a long time of period but now I stopped it. My face looks so dark than before now. Please suggest some cream that can lighten my complexion & remove dead skin of my face and neck.
Sir I'm a 26 years guy, unmarried, and loosing my hairs regularly since last two years. Please suggest me proper medication.
In the same way that a machine needs greasing, the body loves to be oiled for sheer pleasure as well as to protect it against the ravages of the environment & time. Here's a list of oil that are best for each dosha:
Vata: sesame oil, almond oil
Pitta: coconut oil, olive oil
Kapha: sunflower oil, grapeseed oil
Note: always use organic and cold-pressed oils when rubbing them directly onto your skin
You'll want to set yourself up in the bathroom. I usually get in the tub and fill it up with just a few inches of water (enough to keep me warm while i'm doing the massage). This prevents a mess from being made elsewhere in the house. Some people stand on a towel. Whatever works for you.
You'll also want to gently heat the oil before starting. Here's how:
Put 1/8 - 1/4 cup of oil in a clear plastic squeeze bottle.
Put bottle in a cup of very hot water.
Let it sit for about 5 minutes or until warm.
Meanwhile, make sure you have a clean towel for drying off after your shower or bath, one that you don't mind getting oily.
Ayurvedic massage is performed with the balls palms of the hands, as well as with the fingers. I'll break it down for you:
Use circular strokes over the joints and abdomen
Use up-and-down strokes over the limbs
When finished, leave the oil on for 15-30 minutes and follow with a hot shower or bath. The hot water opens up the pours of the skin and brings the oil into the deeper tissues of the body (this is why oil trumps the use of lotion -- lotion doesn't nourish the deeper tissues, only the outer skin).