Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. V J GirglaYour feedback matters!
I had a problem of pregnancy test But one line is faint & one line is deep is it positive result? Please advise.
Fast Food Facts
What is fast food and why is it so popular?
Fast food, junk food, processed food, ready-meals - Whatever label you give it, it all comes down to the same thing - food that's been through the factory and had much of its goodness removed. Fast food is quick, convenient and usually inexpensive and hence children, teenagers and busy youngsters are easy target. However, it is little known that fast food is inexpensive because it is usually made with cheaper ingredients such as high saturated fat meat, refined grains with added sugar and fats, etc
Is fast food bad?
There is no such thing as a 'bad' food. All foods can fit into a healthy meal plan. It's true that fast food is usually high in fat, calories, cholesterol and sodium, but eating fast food every once in a while is not going to cause problems. If we eat too much fast food over a long period of time, though, it can lead to health problems like high blood pressure, heart disease and obesity.
If you are having fast food more than once a week, try to make healthier choices. Here are some tips:
- Choose foods that are boiled over fried, such as a grilled chicken sandwich instead of fried chicken or chicken nuggets
- Choose soups that are not cream based. If the name of the soup includes the word cream, such as 'Creamy Tomato Soup', avoid ordering it
- Have low-fat salad dressings instead of the full-fat kind
- Have a salad or soup instead of fries
- Use yoghurt, mustard or ketchup instead of mayonnaise
- Order smaller portions - the smaller the portion size, the lesser the calories
- When ordering a burger or sandwich, select leaner meats like grilled chicken instead of fried items such as burgers or steak and avoid adding cheese
- Choose water, low-fat milk, or diet sodas instead of regular sodas, fruit drinks, milkshakes or whole milk
- When ordering pizza, add veggies instead of meat, and get thin crust instead of deep dish
- If fruits and veggies are available, try to add them into your meal. For example, have lettuce and tomato on sandwiches or burgers
- Vegetable items are usually lower in fat than the meat dishes but can still be high in total calories
- Most appetizers are deep fried and some can hold more oil resulting in excessive calories. Switch to soups instead
- Stir-fry dishes are the best choice for lower calories
Essential Fast Food facts
- Laden with additives and unhealthy ingredients
A quick look at any food label will show you a long list of ingredients. We need to improve our ability to read and interpret food labels, which will help us make informed choices. More often than not, these foods are loaded with fats, sugar, salt and artificial additives. Many of these food additives, can have serious effects on long-term health. The fact that many children have diets high in processed foods underlies in the massive increase in childhood obesity
- Essential nutrients are missing
It's not just what's in fast food, which is alarming. What fast foods leave out, has just as bad an impact on health. Fast foods usually do not contain the following:
- Fiber, which is essential to keep the gut working properly. Processing methods remove most of the fiber originally present in the food. Long term low fiber intake can lead to serious health problems
- Vitamins and minerals in fast foods are lost due to processing and refining, which is often carried out at high temperatures. Some processed foods have added vitamins and minerals - often because those that were there to start with have been lost in processing. Others have very little or even non-existent nutritional value
- Bad for health
The dire effects of diets which rely too much on fast and processed foods are listed below:
- Lethal diseases - cancer, heart diseases, diabetes - are linked with poor diet and overweight
- Obesity in children and adults has reached a record high and continues to increase
- Lack of certain essential nutrients (like iron) can cause behavioural problems in children and can affect their ability to learn
- Long term fast/processed food (ab)use can lead to numerous other problems in children - caries prone teeth, dry skin, bad breath, constipation, digestive problems, headaches, poor concentration, depression, tiredness, anaemia - the list goes on and on
- Lacking flavour and texture
Junk foods are bland because processing wipes out subtle differences in flavour, appetizing fragrances and aromas. You have a well-flavoured meal in front of you, little knowing that this is due to added artificial flavours, colors and aromas. Yet the flavours never taste like food freshly prepared, from fresh and simple ingredients
- Not as fresh as they seem
Some processed foods pretend to be fresh - salads, which are doused in chlorinated water before packing. It's kept looking good, maybe for days and days on end, by added preservatives
What can you do?
Healthy eating and fast food can't exist side by side. As you switch to a healthy diet, one by one the fast foods must go:
- Learn to understand food labels. If you're looking for healthy food, labels hold the key. Read them and start seeking for healthier alternatives
- If you can't always avoid eating junk food, learn to choose the more healthy fast foods
- As you gradually eradicate unhealthy foods from your diet, replace them with simple, fresh foods and encourage your friends to do the same
- Help your family to start shopping differently, buying fresh foods more frequently, relying less on foods which have a long shelf life because they're full of artificial preservatives and buying for just few meals, at a time. Over a few months, you'll find that it's not that time-consuming and you and your family is actually enjoying planning and eating healthier meals
- In time, processed foods that used to seem appetizing will lose their appeal, as your palate becomes attuned to fresher, purer flavours
-Be realistic. Sometimes with friends you'll still have a burger or a ready-meal. Relax. Healthy eating is all about balance. As long as most of the time you're eating good, nutritious food, that's fine
Once you know the fast food facts, you'll never the feel the same about the foods in junk food joints again. Start gradually changing the way you eat and you'll enjoy food more and feel better, as well as give yourself, your family and friends massive health benefits which are long-term. You're not alone in this. Half the world is trying to do the same. But remember you can make it happen, only if you try. Your time starts NOW
I am 32 years old. My baby 7 years old. Before 2 month I decided abortion. After abortion my period continue but don't stop. Suddenly I am change the doctor and start the new medicine. Now I am very depressed. Kindly send your suggestion.
I have abdominal pain any of pain but the doctor said that I have tubal cyst of 17 cm .and 5 month before intake my ultrasound there is noting in the report but in present month have 17 cm tubal cyst in ultrasound please tell me it can possible.
Setting a heating pad on a low degree on the abdomen area loosens the tight muscles and eases cramping pain resulting in lesser anxiety and relaxation during menstruation.
Doctor I have missed my periods since last 6 days. I checked pregnancy with prega news twice. It showed me negative result. Doctor my previous menses was on 14-20 sept. My boyfriend touched my vagina with little wet with semen on 11th of october .on 14th october we were on dry humping. He was wearing underwear and short and I was on underwear. He ejected sperm in his shorts. It got little wet .is there any chances of my pregnancy?
Plz give a advice ,my mother had underwent surgery of endoscopic discetomy before 20 days ,crp levels are 49 mg , is there any risk ,please say.
From past 6 months I started suffering from very heavy weakness and sever pain on upper n lower back during my period Would like to reason n medicine.
Dr. suggested me to avoid non-veg while planning a healthy baby. May I know what harm can be caused by Having non-veg.
Hi my question is that I have an ovarian cyst that measures 10/10 cm. I want to know that is it treatable by medicines or surgery is required?
Sir intercourse ke time stocking karte hue penis agar vagina ke ander dhilla discharge ho jaye toh kya pregnency ho sakti hai?
Hi. I have been advised to take siphene. .plus hmg injections from day two to five. Went to scan on tenth day. Had only one follicle with 10 mm. N endo 6.3.doctor advised to take three more injections. Went to scan in fifteen days. Had follicle both the side 11 mm. .with endo 7.5.doctor advised to take more two injections. and cone for scan on seveneenth day. How is the process going on .wat has to be done for follicle growth.
If a 10+ years old girl Is consuming a cup of coffee everyday dose it leads to any side effects as I hv heard coffee produces heat in body n specially not good for girl as they may get their menses early.
Is sticky mucus a sign of pregnancy mine hormonal profile scanning everything normal as well as my husband semen analysis is also normal.
The uterus is a muscular structure held in place inside your pelvis with the help of muscles, ligaments, and tissues. These muscles weaken in women due to pregnancy, childbirth or delivery complications and can lead to severe complications. One such complication is a uterine prolapse. Uterine prolapse occurs when the uterus sags or slips from its normal position into the vaginal canal.
The causes of uterine prolapse are varied and include:
- Delivering a large baby
- Difficulty in labor and delivery
- Reduction in estrogen levels post menopause
- Traumatic childbirth
- Loss or weakening of the pelvic muscle
- Conditions which lead to increased pressure in the abdominal area such as a chronic cough, straining, pelvic tumors or accumulation of fluid in the abdomen
- Loss of external support due to major surgery in pelvic area
Uterine prolapse can be complete or incomplete depending on how far the uterus sags into the vagina. Women who have minor uterine prolapse may not have any visible symptoms. However, if the condition worsens, it manifests itself in visible signs.
Symptoms of moderate or severe prolapse are:
1. A feeling of fullness or pressure in your pelvis when you sit
2. Seeing the uterus or cervix coming out of the vagina
3. Vaginal bleeding or increased discharge
4. Painful sexual intercourse
5. Recurrent bladder infections
6. Continuing back pain with difficulty in walking, urinating and moving your bowels
Without proper attention, the condition can cause impairments in the bowel, and can also affect bladder and sexual function.
Related Tip: What Makes One Lose Control of the Urinary Bladder?