Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. V J Girgla
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. V J GirglaYour feedback matters!
I am 43 year old my sperm count is low. less than 5 millions per ml, m totality is good please advice, for last 3 years I trying but not conceive, i am take zn selenium tab but no result.
Doctor, I am feeling pain in my lower abdomen like the same pain just starting the period. I make physical relationship with my husband 4 days after finishing periods. Si this may be the symbols of pregnancy? Please advice.
Tulsi - a **miracle** plant
Tulsi is regarded as an 'elixir of life' and believed to promote longevity. It is considered to be an adaptogen, balancing different processes in the body. It has also been suggested to possess antifertility, anticancer, antidiabetic, antifungal, antimicrobial, hepatoprotective, cardioprotective, antiemetic, antispasmodic, analgesic, and diaphoretic actions.
1. It is considered as a tonic to retain youth and avoid aging. Vitamin c, vitamin a, phytonutrients and the essential oils in tulsi are excellent antioxidants and protect the body from nearly all the damages caused by the free radicals.
2. It is anti-carcinogenic and it found to be effective in healing nearly all types of cancer and tumors.
3. It reduces total cholesterol levels and blood pressure. Thus, it is useful for heart disease patients.
4. It is useful in the treatment of respiratory system disorders. A decoction of the leaves, with honey and ginger, is an effective remedy for bronchitis, asthma, influenza, cough and cold.
5. It can protect from radiation poisoning and also heals up damages caused by radiations. It acts as a vaccine against pox if consumed regularly.
6. It is used as a mouth wash. It is very good for maintaining dental health, counteracting bad breath and for massaging the gums. It is also useful in pyorrhea.
7. It also cures ulcer in the mouth. It is also known to help inhibit the growth of oral cancer caused by chewing tobacco etc.
8. It is an excellent antibiotic, germicidal, fungicidal and disinfectant and very efficiently protects our body from nearly all sorts of bacterial, viral and fungal infections.
9. Consumption of tulsi leaves decoction helps prevent and heal fever.
10. It has a hypoglycemic effect, so it reduces blood glucose levels. Thus, it is useful for diabetics.
11. It helps in building up stamina, hence used to prepare herbal tea.
12. Its regular consumption can protect eyes from all the damages done by the free radicals, such as cataract, macular degeneration, glaucoma, vision defects, opthalmia etc. Due to its high antioxidant properties.
13. Recent studies on tulsi proved to be a useful medication for people living with human immunodeficiency virus (hiv), and acquired immune deficiency virus (aids).
14. Tulsi, being a detoxifier and mild diuretic in nature, can help reduce uric acid level (main culprit as far as kidney stones are concerned) concentration in the blood as well as helps cleaning of the kidneys through urination.
15. Tulsi oil application on the body keeps mosquitoes and other insects away.
B. How to use-:
1. Tulsi leaves extract (swaras)-
- how to prepare - take some fresh tulsi leaves, wash them, then crush them well and squeeze the pure extract.
- dose - 2tablespoon in adults empty stomach in the morning.
- beneficial in cold, cough, fever, oral ulcer, liver disorders, indigestion, bronchitis, insect bites, cancer ((bacterial and viral infections).
- extenal application of tulsi leaves extract- in fungal infections, ringworm, insect bites.
2. Tulsi leaves decoction (kaadha)-
- how to prepare - take some fresh tulsi leaves, wash them, boil with 4cups of water. Boil this until 1cup of water remains.
- dose- drink half cup (lukewarm) in the morning on empty stomach and a half cup in the evening.
- beneficial in pyorrhea, cold, cough, influenza, rheumatoid arthritis, gastric disorders, tuberculosis (bacterial and viral infections).
- a decoction of the whole plant lowers the blood sugar (glucose) level and is said to control diabetes mellitus.
- a decoction of the root of tulsi plant is given as a diaphoretic in malarial fever.
- the regular consumption of tulsi leaves extract or decoction helps prevent viral fevers, cough, cold and many other diseases.
We’ve always heard that friendships may come and go, but sibling relationships last forever. Over the course of our lives we share many memories and experiences and often times they are the ones who know us best. There are many types of sibling relationships ranging from ones who share everything with each other to those who don’t even acknowledge each other’s presence. However, there are always things we can do to improve our relationships with our siblings. Here are a few things you could try:
1.Get rid of baggage
Growing up, we all feel the pressures from parents and neighbours. They sometimes pit siblings against one another. So, before talking to your sibling, get rid of all the baggage you may be carrying around from childhood and start with a clean slate.
2. Break the ice
If you really want to solve the issues between you and your sibling, don’t hesitate to be the first to talk to them. Put your ego aside and talk to them to resolve your issues.
3. Time for a ceasefire
In order for a ceasefire to happen all sides have to want it. If you and your siblings agree that it is time to resolve whatever differences you may have, sit down and talk through the problem. Just remember, once a ceasefire is called it is important to not start up arguments again simply because discussions may not be going your way.
4. Offer solutions
It is not enough to place blame and state that there is a problem. You have to be ready to want to find a solution and alter it according to what you both think is right. You cannot expect your sibling to stand there and take blame for everything. Come up with a solution that suits everyone involved.
5. Are you the problem?
If you feel like you can’t trust your sibling and often find yourself lying or skimping on the truth because you feel they may not understand, ask yourself if the problem is really them or you. Tell your siblings what it is you need from them. Don’t be afraid of what they’ll say and don’t avoid them because you may not like what they have to say.
I am 30 years women, I have wart on my neck from 1 yr. please give me some home remedies to remove it. Is there any medical treatment of warts.
As I am not virgin I like dancing too much I do dance bhangra haryanvi daily as a exercise does it loosens my vagina.
Hi, I and my wife newly married, when we start doing sex, intercourse my sperm get into her vagina, but when I get out from her, sperm get out from vagina. Any specific reason. Should I need to concern on this or is this normal. Kindly advise.
Hi, I am suffering with pcod. This month I have gone for IUI on 15th day. On my 26 th day of cycle had light means very light spotting. My period is due in next week. After IUI I was I n medication gestofit 300 tablet for 10 days .I stopped 2 days before. I am in confusion is this period or implantation bleeding. I had cramping also.
A problem pertaining to the storage function of the bladder that results in bouts of sudden, often uncontrollable urge to urinate is referred to as an overactive bladder. This condition which is marked by unconditioned or involuntary loss of urine can sometimes be quite difficult to stop. People who experience such a condition often feel humiliated and as such tend to limit their social and work life. Despite such, only a few are conscious that a brief evaluation can help them manage and overcome an overactive bladder.
Mechanism of Urination
During urination, the urine proceeds from the bladder and flows into the urethra which is located at the tip of the penis in men and above the vagina in women. As the bladder fills, the nerve signals in the brain prompts urination by coordinating the relaxation and contraction of the urinary sphincter muscles.
Causes and Symptoms of an Overactive Bladder
Primarily caused due to involuntary contraction and relaxation of sphincter muscles, several conditions can lead to overactive bladder. Some of them are:
- Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's and other neurological disorders
- Poor kidney function due to diabetes
- Medications that lead to increased production of urine
- Bladder abnormalities like tumors or stones
- Excessive consumption of caffeine or alcohol
Some of the common signs of an overactive bladder are:
- Bouts of sudden, uncontrollable urge to urinate
- Awakening at night frequently to urinate
- Urinating more than eight times a day
The risk of an overactive bladder gradually increases with age. Conditions such as diabetes and an enlarged prostate results in the increased likelihood of an overactive bladder. People who have previously faced strokes and heart attacks experience cognitive decline which often times lead to the development of an overactive bladder.
Urinary incontinence as well as a host of associated factors can be detrimental to your life. Emotional distress, interrupted sleep cycles and depression are some of the observed complications of this condition.
Thus if you experience or entertain suspicion of an overactive bladder, you should consider visiting a general physician who might refer you to a specialist, if need be.