Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. V J Girgla
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. V J GirglaYour feedback matters!
Being a woman has its own set of physical challenges. With the different anatomical and physiological features, the problems that women face also are different. Three out of four patients with hypothyroidism are women. Male to female ratio of migraine patients is also 3:1. These and various other diseases are predominantly seen in women. In addition to this, there is also the highly sophisticated gynecologic system. This brings its own unique set of diseases like dysmenorrhea, cysts, fibroids, menstrual problems.
Given that a woman’s body is quite unique and sophisticated with various organs working in close coordination with each other, let us take a look at how homoeopathy which usually tries to get to the root of the problem and correct the whole system as a whole.
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS): PCOS has a strong genetic predisposition along with obesity and type 2 diabetes. There are often multiple cysts in the ovaries with irregular menstruation, a higher amount of testosterone, and fertility issues. In homoeopathy, Apis Melllfica, Pulsatilla, Lachesis, Graphites, and Sepia are frequently used based on patient’s symptoms.
- Irregular menses: What needs to be understood is irregular menses is a symptom of an underlying disease and a detailed history and clinical examination (including ultrasound scanning) are required to nail down the underlying reason. Natrum Muriaticum, Sepia, Pulsatilla, Senecio Aureus, Staphysagria, Cimicifuga, Euphrasia, and Magnesium Carbonicum are some common agents used to manage irregular menses based on underlying causes.
- Dysmenorrhea: Menstruation is associated with pain in the abdomen, hips, and thighs in a lot of women. However, this should ideally be a painless process as it is physiologic. In some women, it is also associated with severe cramping, diarrhea, and pain that is relieved with warmth. Pulsatilla, Belladonna, Mag Phos, Nux Vomica, and Cimicifuga are some commonly used agents to help women reduce the pain and relax.
- Infertility: Again, like irregular menses, there is a strong reason contributing to infertility which needs to be identified and addressed. Given the social nature of the issue, there is a strong psychological component, and so the couple should engage in a detailed mental and physical constitutional discussion to arrive at a customised regimen. Calcarea Carb, Borax, Aletris Farinosa, Natrum Phos, Pulsatilla, Sepia, Natrum Carb, Agnus Castus, Sabal, Conium are used for managing infertility based on accompanying symptoms.
- Thyroid problem: As noted earlier, hypothyroidism is extremely common in women. There is also a strong linkage between infertility, repeated miscarriages, irregular menses, etc. with the thyroid hormone levels. Calcarea Carbonica, Sepia Officinalis, Graphites, Lycopodium clavatum, and Nux Vomica are some commonly used homoeopathy products in hypothyroid women.
- Migraine: Another problem seen predominantly in women with strong linkage to menstruation cycles and hormones. Belladonna, Natrum Mur, Sanguinaria, Spigelia, and Glonoine are commonly used.
For these common medical conditions, especially in women, homoeopathy offers more holistic treatment with minimal side effects. It may take a while for the body to respond, but it is definitely advisable. Self-medication is best avoided as each woman is unique. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
I am 30 year male married two years ago. My wife didn't get pregnancy till now though we are having sex every day twice.Please do help
Popping pills is something we cannot do away with completely. But something that should be borne in mind that every drug is used for one of its particular property which is healing, but on the other hand, it also has, almost always, the not-so-nice effects. These side effects could sometimes be as simple as nausea or itching to something as serious as shooting up blood sugar levels.
Talking of side effects, do you know that Viagra was originally used for pulmonary hypertension and its side effect was improved performance in patients with erectile dysfunction (ED)? Viagra thus became the famous magical blue pill for patients with ED. On the other hand, there are quite a few drugs that can lower your libido levels. Listed below are some of the regularly used medicines that can impact your sexual life.
1. Antihypertensives - Medications that are aimed at reducing blood pressure (diuretics and alpha and beta adrenergic blockers) have a negative effect on the sexual life. Switching drugs after medical consultation is an alternate.
2. Antidepressants - With depression on the rise, more and more people are prescribed anti-depressants, especially the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) and tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs). Both these increase the mood but lower the libido, in up to 50% of the patients. Added amount of cardio workout could be a work-around for patients on SSRIs. Reducing the dose of TCAs could help improve sexual function.
3. Proscar - Benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH) is a common condition seen in aging men, and finasteride is used for its treatment. This prevents conversion of testosterone to its active form and thereby reduces sexual function. Surgical correction of BPH could be an alternative.
4. Antihistamines - Common cold cures like diphenhydramine and chlorpheniramine affect sexual life too. The good news is that these drugs are cleared out of the system within 24 hours and the side effect does not last long either. In patients who might need these chronically, this side effect should be borne in mind.
5. Anti-seizure drugs - Drug like terbetrol which is used to cure seizure does the same for the sexual act, which is physiologically akin to a seizure -impulse traveling slower along the nerve. If noticed, an alternative medication should be used.
6. Opioids - For severe chronic pain, Vicodin and OxyContin are used but these reduce testosterone levels and thereby reduce sexual drive too. Use of testosterone creams could be a substitute.
In all these cases, the key is to have a discussion with your doctor as soon as you realize it could be affecting your sex life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Mood disorders are characterized by emotional disturbance in the patient and are of different kinds. This further leads to disruption in physical, social and thought processes in an individual. The two major mood disorders are mania and depression. In case of mania, the patient develops intense, unrealistic feelings, and in depression the patient becomes extremely sad and feels dejected. In some cases, a person may experience both mania and depression, while in other cases, a person only goes through depression. Mood disorders are classified into two major categories:
- Unipolar, where a patient experiences only depression.
- Bipolar, where a patient experiences mania and depression at the same time.
Homeopathic medicines are extensively used for treating mood disorders. Homeopathy works effectively on mood disorders and gives satisfactory results. There are several homeopathic medicines for mood disorders, which are prescribed on the basis of the causes of a certain mood disorder. Here is a list of common homeopathic remedies for mood disorders and when they are used:
- Anacardium: It is a homeopathic medicine used in curing mood disorders where the patient talks foolish and imagines foolish, baseless things. The patient turns irritable and quarrelsome as he loses self-confidence. Stupidity and childishness are indicated. The patient laughs on serious matters and feels like having a dual personality.
- Belladonna: Belladonna is used to treat mood disorders, which fall under the category of mania. The patient’s will power gets deranged, develops extra sexual excitement, and talks without sense. The patient becomes wild and offends others without any reason. He feels like touching every person and objects around and uses offensive language.
- Stramonium: This medicine is used in mood disorders where a patient develops weird ideas, talks with imaginary friends, becomes unclean and unhygienic and experiences fear. He looks frightened and in horror. The patient desires company.
- Arsenic album: Arsenic album is used for the cure of mood disorders where a patient develops a tendency of self mutilation. He feels worthless and is in despair. The memory gets weak, and any slight dispute makes the patient furious; he feels a rush of blood to the head. He fears death and fears of getting deserted by others. Acute melancholia is indicated.
- Hyoscyamus: This is another homeopathic medicine, which treats mood disorders. Hyoscyamus is used when a patient becomes idiotic and silly. The patient becomes lewd and lascivious. Lews gestures are likely among patients with this disorder. The patient becomes a nymphomaniac. This mood disorder arises from jealousy, fights and failed love relationships.
Homeopathy treats mood disorders effectively and most naturally. For each kind of mood disorder, there is a homeopathic remedy. When taken correctly, successful results are attained. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.