Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Jaw Orthopedics Treatment
Knee Braces For Osteoarthritis Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Usman KhanYour feedback matters!
My sister, age 28, is suffering from Spin I Celebelar Ataxia-II. We have consulted best doctors of Ahmedabad, but they say there is no cure of it. As such she is leaving normal life except few balancing problems. Is there a cure available for it?
Form past two to three days I am feeling too tired and there is continuous pain in my calf. Suggest some tips to get rid of this problem.
My wife is 61 she gets lots of knee pain while walking -people say it is va only -no idea some doctors advice for operation -one of them adviced for operation without even removing any natural joint -she is not heavy in weight on 49 to 50 kgs -her elder two sisters also have similar problem but they are little heavy weight -look for advice
suffering from lower back pain going down to the right leg. Not able to stretch my legs wid back upright. Took initial medication- 1-tab etrik Mr. 2-gabamax sr (75) still dint get relief. Please help.
Sir I am suffering from rheumatic arthritis last 7-8 year and I had take homeopathy medicine 5-6 year. My small joint some time painful and swollen. rheumatic factor is 50. How much time to take permanently cure this disease. .
Dear Doctor I suffering from sexual movements dreams in mind after my right testicular pain and right leg and abdominal pain and back pain also. Please tell reason and solution also.
I have pain in morning specially back. Last three years my platelets too low which treatment done in saint Stephen hospital and take bone marrow sample. Doctors found the reason of low plates - immunity thombopia para (ITP. Before this treatment no pain realize in my body.
Doctor, I am 47 years old. I have no BP or Sugar. But I am suffering sever pain at nerve of both ankles. When I rose up from the chair, there is so much pain in both ankles.
I have a joint pain at knee, elbow, wrists, etc what I do for prevent this. Please help me to give any tips for this.
The most common form of arthritis is osteoarthritis and unlike rheumatoid arthritis, the cause of osteoarthritis is not due to any inflammation such as the immune system attacking the joints. Rather, the cause of osteoarthritis can be attributed to the wear and tear of the protective cartilage on your bones over time. The most common parts of your body which may get affected by osteoarthritis are the knees, hands, and spine. Even though osteoarthritis cannot be cured, it is worth noting that the symptoms can be well managed.
Here is everything you need to know about osteoarthritis:
- Intense pain in your joint: This is the most common symptom indicating that you may have osteoarthritis.
- Tenderness in your joint: If after applying a little pressure, your joint feels tender, then it can be considered a sign of osteoarthritis.
- Stiffness in your joint and loss of flexibility: If you feel stiff after a period of inactivity such as waking up in the morning, it's likely you have osteoarthritis. This may also mean that you may not be able to make movements you were previously able to due to the stiffness in your joint.
- Bone spurs: You may also feel extraneous bits of bone from around the affected joint.
The most common cause of osteoarthritis is old age. As you grow older, the cartilage that cushions your bones begins to deteriorate. Without this cartilage to cushion your bones, different bones might rub against one another, thus causing the pain you feel.
As mentioned earlier, it is not possible to cure osteoarthritis, but the pain can only be managed. Here are the best ways to manage pain from arthritis.
- Medications: Depending on how severe your pain is and whether it is chronic or acute, you may be given drugs such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen.
- Physical therapy: An exercise routine can be worked out between you and your physical therapist so that your pain reduces and you are able to regain the range of movements you had before you were affected by osteoarthritis.
- Surgery: There are a number of surgeries which can be done to reduce your pain; ranging from a simple lubrication surgery by using hyaluronic acid all the way to a complete joint replacement.