Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Usha Upreti
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Usha UpretiYour feedback matters!
Am on ttc for 3 years. Am 98 kg. Reduced from 110 kg. Present 98 kg. I took all hormone test. Hsg test. Everything normal. Husband side everything normal. But i m not able to conceive at all. why? can I go for iui. Doctor says my cervix length. Is deep (i.e) in distance. .what is that?
Mera jab period hota hai us mein 2 din blooding hota hai uske bad 3 din band ho jata hai.please help
Are you pregnant and waiting to be a mother for the first time? Pregnancy is an ideal time for you to start taking care of yourself emotionally and physically. It is not a very simple thing and is associated with several complexities. Here are nine ways, following which you can undergo a healthy pregnancy:
- Consult your doctor or midwife immediately
- After finding that you are pregnant, get in touch with your doctor or midwife for organizing antenatal care.
- You will need to get important pregnancy advice and prepare for scans and tests that are required.
- Eat properly
- Consume a healthy and balanced diet on a regular basis comprising carbohydrates, protein servings, and fish.
- Take supplements
- Take pregnancy vitamin supplements in case you are not getting the essential nutrients from your everyday diet.
- Consume folic acid and vitamin D in large amounts during pregnancy.
- Maintain proper hygiene
- For keeping away from a condition known as listeria, you should avoid food items that may harbor the listeria bacteria, such as unpasteurized milk, under cooked meals, raw and under cooked meat, and many more.
- Work out regularly
- Regular exercise is important during pregnancy.
- Go for yoga, swimming, walking, and aquanatal classes as you need to build your endurance and strength. This prepares your body to deal with pregnancy.
- Practice pelvic floor exercises as these help in having a toned pelvic floor that ensures you of a smoother childbirth.
- Avoid alcohol
- Alcohol is unsafe during pregnancy, and you should totally try to avoid drinking. Heavy drinking during pregnancy is fatal for your baby in several ways.
- Avoid caffeine
- Avoid having mild stimulants such as coffee, cola, and tea when you are pregnant. The high caffeine amounts may increase the chances of miscarriage
- Avoid smoking
- Undertake pelvic floor exercises
It is also very important for you to get sufficient rest when you are pregnant. You are bound to get tired easily because of pregnancy hormones that are in high levels. Try taking naps during the day if your night sleep is disrupted. Try relaxation techniques such as yoga, stretching, massage, deep breathing, and visualization. For a healthy pregnancy, without any complication or hazards, these also play an important role. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Hi i am newly married while having intercourse my wife feels a lot of pain because of this pain we are unable to have sex comfortably is this normal we are married from last 16 days.
Once a baby is born, a mother's world centers around her bundle of joy. Post pregnancy period can be challenging for a first-time mother. From breastfeeding to her diet, there are a lot of things going on in her mind post pregnancy. In this article, we answer some common yet important post pregnancy questions.
Lactating mothers with small or inverted nipples: For women with small or inverted nipples, breastfeeding may not always be smooth sailing. During pregnancy, the base of the nipples (one or both) may adhere together resulting in inverted nipples. The inversion can occur in one or both the nipples. However, inverted or small breasts seldom interfere or affect the milk flow. In some cases (deeply inverted nipples), during breastfeeding, the baby may face some problem to latch on. There is, however, nothing to press the panic button. Instead, consult a lactation consultant.
If your nipples are flat or inverted, it is helpful if you have help from a Lactation Consultant if possible during the first feedings, as these are likely to present the most problems. Useful techniques include:
- Nipple Stimulation. Unless it retracts completely, grasp the nipple and roll it between your thumb and index finger for 30 seconds, then touch it with a moist, cold cloth immediately before offering it to your baby
- Pulling back on the areola before you latch the baby on. Support your breast with your thumb on top and your other fingers underneath, and pull back on the breast toward the chest wall. This will help the nipple protrude.
- Using a nipple shield. This is a thin, flexible silicone nipple with holes in the end that fits over your nipple during feedings. Modern nipple shields are made from a clear, thin layer of silicone, which means that more stimulation reaches the areola, and the reduction of milk volume is minimized.
How many times should the baby be breastfed?
The needs and requirements may not be same for all the babies. The initial few days may require frequent breastfeeding. In the next few weeks, for a healthy baby, the recommendation is about eight times a day. As the baby grows (from six months onwards), the requirement may drop down to three- four times a day.
Signs that your baby is getting enough breast milk-
- Your breasts feel softer after nursing.
- Your baby seems satisfied and relaxed after taking a feed.
- Your baby continues to gain weight. Your baby should gain about 6 to 8 ounces a week for the first four months, then about 4 to 6 ounces per week from 4 to 7 months.
- Once your baby starts getting regular breast milk, he/she will start having at least six wet diapers a day.
Tips to ensure that the baby latches on during breastfeeding: The position of the mother and the baby can be a determining factor in how well the baby latches on during breastfeeding. While breastfeeding the baby, your breast should be within the range of the baby's mouth. Many mothers make the mistake of putting their hands on the nipples during breastfeeding. Use your hand to position the nipples towards the baby's mouth, but do not cover the nipples. Your hands should be at some distance from the nipples. Do not breastfeed your baby forcefully.
Heal your stitches-
- Take bath at least once a day
- Change your sanitary pad regularly,
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Keep doing your pelvic floor exercises, as it improves circulation to the area, and will help in quick healing.
- Expose your stitches to the air for 10mins a day. Take your panties off and rest on your bed. Put an old, clean cloth underneath you to protect the sheets.
- Avoid wearing tight trousers.
Post Delivery FAQs
- Post pregnancy, a woman needs at least 4-6 weeks rest before she can resume her sex life.
- A woman should not lift heavy objects post pregnancy at least for a month (or as recommended by the doctor). Women who had a C-section should be extra careful.
- A healthy mother with no complications can get on with her normal life within 2-3 weeks. However, doctors recommend 6-weeks (or till the first check-up) before resuming the daily activities.
- Take care of the stitches (especially, C-section) to avoid infection. The area around the stitches should be kept clean and dry. Rest as much as possible. In the case of any discomfort, consult your physician.
- Pay attention to your diet post pregnancy. Lactating mothers should avoid foods that have high mercury content. Avoid smoking and drinking while breastfeeding. Some believe that having clarified butter (ghee) may speed up the recovery. However, there is no scientific evidence to prove this fact. Drink plenty of water, and eat fibre-rich foods, such as brown rice, whole-wheat roti, wholemeal bread, green vegetables, and fruits, in order to prevent constipation.
Reduced sex drive can be a result of many psychological and physical causes. This condition may ruin a person’s relationship, more so, if both the partners are experiencing poor sex drive. Eventually this affects confidence and self esteem of either partners. A natural option to treat such a condition is Ayurveda. Herbs being organic, treat the root cause of this ailment. These herbs are known to give relief to poor libido among men and/or women. In addition to including these herbs, knowing reasons that can cause, deficient sex drive may also be of great help.
Physical fatigue and stress are major causes of lack of interest in sex. There may be medical or psychological reasons that can cause this condition. Medical conditions affecting sex drive include, hormonal imbalance, conditions affecting reproductive system in women.. Other physical reasons causing this condition include, trauma, injury, accident related trauma, etc. It is common in women, post delivery.
Although it is good to seek medical help, you may want to make few changes in lifestyle and pin point the reasons of poor libido. With help of ayurvedic herbs, you can treat this condition, by attending to factor causing it. Listed below are five effective options that can alleviate your problem to a great extent.
1) Garlic Lets begin with a simple herb that is commonly found, garlic. Garlic is an ayurvedic herb, and is popular for its properties to cure. Recouping after an infection or injury or child birth is easier, when you include garlic in your diet. Besides being curative, it is known for its improved sexual performance in men and women, as it promotes, general well being of sexual organs.
2) Shatavari popularly known as Asparagus Racemosus, helps in alleviating hormonal imbalance in women, more so, after child birth. It is also good remedy to overcome difficulties while conceiving. It is known to improve blood circulation and generation process, besides, overcoming miscarriage conditions in women. It is also effective in treating, certain conditions in men, such as, inflamed sexual organs, spermatorrhea and impotence.
3) Ashwagandha It is commonly called as Indian Ginseng and useful in treating conditions in men. It can mitigate conditions such as, male infertility, impotence, and premature ejaculation. It is an adaptogenic herb that provides good nourishment to your body, thereby making it competent to handle stress and strain. It therefore rejuvenates your sex drive, other than strengthening your respiratory and reproductive systems. When you are not stressed or fatigued, sexual desires, come back to you. To include ashwagandha in your routine, you should take it with, warm milk or ginger or hot water or honey or meals, to digest it easily.
4) Salab Mishri is a terrestrial plant known for promoting sexual endurance, besides improving your overall health. It is popularly useful in men, with conditions affecting sperm quality. It is known to improve blood circulation to penile region and hence augment sperm quality.
5) Shilajit Ayurveda revers this herb to be a divine, youth rejuvenating nectar. It helps maintain your youthful vigor and sexual desire. It is basically an aphrodisiac, that works to ameliorate male sperm count or low sperm count in man. It is effective when, poor libido is a result of hormonal irregularities. To summarize, this herb, improves hormone functioning, libido and sexual performance, and can be called Ayurvedic equivalent to Viagra.
I have infections on my vagina. A doctor advised me to put olive oil in the affected part. I think I put it abusively. I put too much olive oil whenever my vagina itch and the olive oil works instantly, the itch will be gone in an instant. But now, i'm suffering from some urinating problems. My bladder hurts so bad whenever I pee. Especially when I am about to finish peeing. I mean, when the urine coming out of my vagina is decreasing. I feel so bad about my bladder. I saw blood in my urine. Just a little bit. I don't know where does it came from since I have an infection, but I must say that my wounds are healed and I think the blood came from my bladder. It hurst so bad, I can't sleep cause i'm peeing every 30 seconds. It is so painful. I'm thinking does the olive oil entered my vagina and causing this pain? What about the blood? What are the medicines I am going to take? Please help me, I need your help so bad. Thank you.
World Health Day - 7-Apr'17
The theme of the day is: Depression: Let’s Talk.
Depression- Common symptoms:
- Feelings of sadness/low feeling.
- Sleep disturbance
- Decreased appetite.
- Not interested in daily activities.
- Lack of intrest in surrounding.
- Decreased decision power.
- Guilt feeling,,feeling worthless.
- depression can lead to suicidal tendencies, commonly in adolescent and young adults. As well as in-old people .
- Due to social stigma less than 50% of of DEPRESSION Patients seek medical help.
Remember Depression can be treated with modern medicines and supportive measures like exercise/yoga/pranayam/medication/psychotherapy.