Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Usha MohanYour feedback matters!
I am having weakness after breast feeding my child who is just 4 months old. Is there anything to worry about? Please help me out.
Mein MDR TB patient hu and I have a gf who is 16 years old n im 30 years old and we have intercourse 2 to 3 days weekly. My question is will she get pregnant even after she has a regular periods n one thing to mention she doesn't like condoms so we have unprotected sex every time. .plz help me.
Hi am 23 years old having pcod problem taking birth control tablets for past 2 years but not regularly sometimes I missed and forgot. Jan 9 th I had sex with condom only that month 29th I got periods then its irregular only like 20 days once and 15 days once I did home pregnancy test it falls negative still any possible for pregnancy I have fear for that.
I am a boy of age 16 and had sex with girl age 16 without condom. Which medicine should be given to girl to prevent pregnancy. And its dose . I had sex on 18 july. Today!
I had sex on 2nd April, got my periods on 16th. Took 6 pregnancy test, all negative, again had my periods on 8th May, but I feel nausea and my stomach is beating, am I pregnant?
There are a number of reasons that can cause pain during intercourse. Physical intimacy is one such thing that requires your physical and mental stimulation in order to create a satisfactory environment and peak appropriately.
From sexual interest to stimulation, excitement and even sexual peak - there are four distinct stages in the act of sex and sexual intercourse that inevitably follows, until orgasm. So, it is important to be in the right frame emotionally and physically in order for the four phases to progress properly towards sexual climax. Yet, there are a number of reasons that can cause a decline in sexual interest and drive, as well as a less than satisfactory sex life. One of the reasons includes pain that many people, especially women, experience during the act of sex. This is called Intercourse pain or even Dyspareunia. Following are the reasons behind this pain-
- Cervical Problems: Many times, problems with the cervix can lead to dryness which can cause pain during intercourse. This may occur due to infections and other such conditions which cause pain during deep penetration.
- Uterus Related Problems: There may be problems with the uterus including fibroids and other such growths in the lining which can lead to pain during intercourse. Also, the presence of Endometriosis can also cause pain during such activities. In this condition, the tissue lining usually ends up growing outside the uterus which can cause severe pain and other related symptoms.
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease: This condition is also known as PID. In such cases, the tissue within the pelvic region can get infected to a great extent which causes a variety of painful symptoms and growths including pain during intercourse.
- Ectopic Pregnancy: When the fertilised egg develops outside the uterus, it is known as an ectopic pregnancy. In such cases, there may be pain in the region during sexual stimulation and activity.
- Vaginal Infections: Pain during sexual intercourse may also be experienced due to vaginal infections and other yeast infections as well as a condition known as Vaginismus which can lead to involuntary twitches and spasms that can arise because of fear of getting hurt.
- Lack of Lubrication: Excessive dryness and lack of lubrication, especially during stimulation can lead to pain during intercourse as well, as the opening does not expand or accommodate the male member properly. In such cases, one can use a lubricant.
- Stress: Many times, a stressful situation can keep one from enjoying stimulation which creates dryness and pain during intercourse.
Ensure that you see a doctor in case your problem is more than mere occasional pain, as it could also be a side effect of a more serious ailment.
Dear sir/madam I have a sex with my girlfriend which time is safely I mean my girlfriend periods time or before periods or after periods or periods time please ans me.
I am from chennai. We are married for six months. My wife yet to get pregnant. We did sex repeatedly after her period. Which started on sep 22. We did during ovulation too. Now she missed period for the third day. But some light vaginal discharge. Few drops only. Does it mean pregnancy or period?
I had unprotected sex and I had two ipill in three days. Now my bleeding is not stopping. It keep flowing out. And it's very painful.
Hello dr. I am 6th month pregnant and this is my second pregnancy. My 1st pregnancy had a baby girl but she is expired after 80 days. My 1st delivery is cesarean since 20 december 2013. Then after I have polisist(follicle) problem I took medicine now I m 6th months pregnant. I want to know about my case again my delivery cesarean?
Pursuing a hobby can help you to ward off diseases while keeping your mind and body fresh and active. What's more, hobbies come with several health benefits too, ranging from lowering of blood pressure and control over cortisol production (a hormone that causes stress) to improvements in your weight and BMI.
4 Amazing health benefits that you can derive from pursuing your favourite hobbies are:
1. Strengthening of your immune system - Hobbies that augment your activity levels like basketball, golf or bike riding are extremely beneficial for improving your immune system, thereby enhancing the overall quality of your life. A strong immune system is essential as it makes you less prone to chronic diseases like diabetes, arthritis and heart disease.
2. Improving your memory - Another health benefit of having hobbies is that they bring about an improvement in your memory and aid in enhancing your problem-solving abilities. A research conducted by the University of Texas on the impact that hobby has on the brain reveals the fact that the picking up of a new hobby can prevent memory loss. Here's how - the challenge to learn a new skill causes you to focus all of your mental abilities on the task at hand, leading to a sharpening of your memory, while preventing memory loss. By helping you to maintain an active brain, the act of picking up a new hobby, therefore, brings about a delay of cognitive aging by a few years.
3. Cutting down on stress - By indulging in a hobby like cooking, baking or gardening, you get an effective outlet to release all your stress. Being a non-work activity, your mind gets another area of focus, one which you can enjoy. Furthermore, when you put your whole mind to it, your stress and worries seem to wither away.
Moreover, such hobbies that require you to physically exert yourself, albeit in a limited manner, also bring down your stress levels as they produce chemical changes in your body.
4. Improving sleep - Having a hobby also has a positive impact on sleep. The pursuit of active hobbies in the earlier part of the day can lead you to have a very restful sleep. Likewise, engaging in the intellectual activity of reading before going to bed can help you to sleep better.
Apart from giving you tremendous enjoyment, a hobby can also bring many health benefits. So, pursue your hobbies actively despite the busy lifestyle you follow. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
I am 29 years female and have reduced sex desire and it feels dry when I have sex. I do not have any stress and any medical problems.
Platelet and Nutrition
Platelet are the thinest cells in the blood stream.
I t look like plates in their non-active state but in active state the tentacles that seems to the shape of spider or an octopus. Like other blood cells it is also made in blood marrow.
Role of platelet is to protect the body against excessive loss of blood, during injury, in the presence of wound or injury these cells migrate to site and bind the damaged blood vessels and forms the clot
In human body normally the platelet count range is 1,50000 - 4,50000 / microlitter
When the count is above the 4,50000 / microliter it is called thrombocythemia or thrombocythemia. The term thrombocythemia is used when the cause of higher platelet count is not known i.e. Primary or essential thrombocythemia. this condition occurs when the faulty cells in the bone marrow make too many platelets. While the higher platelet count due to any disease it is called secondary or reactive Thrombocytosis which more common than the thrombocythemia.
When the count is below 1,50000/microlitter the condition is called thrombocythemia. Low platelet count may result bleeding from nose, gums, under the skin (Purpura) in the forearm and pinpoint bleeds (Petechiae) on the legs. In womens long and heavy periods. Treatment should be initiated before the bleeding occurs because some time a huge drop of platelet count is sudden which may result uncontrolled bleeding resulting life threatening condition i.e Shock or Organ failure.
Treatment for Low Platelet: When the platelet count comes down comes down 10,000-20,000 then transfusion of Platelets is required or some sort of bleeding present in nose, gum & skin is present. Otherwise take Natural food which increases the low platelet count.
10 Foods That Increase Low Platelet Count:
1. Anar (Pomegranate): It is rich in iron and also contains vitamins. This fruit help to combact increasing platelet reduction with regular consumption & vitamins keep your energy levels steady.
2. Milk : It it has high calcium which helps to regenerate the platelet. Calcium content with vitamin K and milk protein “Fibrinogen” increases the Platelet count and improves the blood;s ability to form the clot. Calcium Deficiency can lead to your body much longer time in forming clot .
3. Folate Rich Food : Folate or B9 is essential for healthy cell division in the body. Sever deficiency of folate in body can result reduction in Blood Platelet. Daily intake of Folate is 400mg is required. When platelet count is low it’s consumption increases the platelet count. Food rich in Folate are Asparagus, Orange juice,Spinach and fortified cereals.
4. Lean Proteins: Lean proteins food are excellent source of Zinc and Vitamin 12 which are essential to reverse the effects of thrombocytopenia. In case of reduced platelet count take food like soyabean, spinach (Palak), blackbeans, cow’s milk, white of egg, Oatmeal, Fish and white meat chicken.
5. Papaya: Extract of leaf of papaya is excellent for overall blood production and increases the platelet count (Prepare extract of leaves by boiling leaves in medium heat for 15 minutes with water and wait till the water simms down to half ). Take leaf extract 2tsf twice daily.
6. Cod Liver Oil and Flax Seed Oil: These oils strengthen the Immune system many autoimmune disorders are cause of thrombocytopenia or low platelet count. These oils reduce the inflammation of in the body and improve the blood circulation throughout the body.
7. Vitamin A Rich Food: Vitamin A is essential for healthy platelet production, it also plays role in formation of Protein in body which helps in the process of cell division and growth. Carrot, Pumpkin, Kale and Sweet Potatoes (Sakarkandi).
8. Chlorophyll from Wheat grass: Wheat grass juice contains 70% of chlorophyll (The Plant Haemoglobin) have strong effect in overall blood production and increases the platelet count. Take ½ cup per day.
9. Vitamin K Rich Food: Vitamin K keeps cell growth at optimum level in the body. Life of platelets is only 10 days which is to be compensated continually to maintain te lost amount in the body, hence high calorie food for ideal production of blood platelets and vitamin K is one of the ingredient available in Eggs, Green leafy vegetables, Kale, Frozen Spinach, Mustard Greens Broccoli & Liver.
10. Macrobiotic Diet: To combat Thrombocytopenia in patients an vital anti inflammatory diet is recommended by Platelet Disorder Association which help in optimum blood production e.g. Whole grains, vegetables and organic beans is recommended while animal protein is to be avoided except Fish Yogurt & cheese.