Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Usha MiddhaYour feedback matters!
Hello mam. Married since six months. We are sexually involved since six months regularly. But I am not getting pregnant. We both want child. What to do now. Please advice.
Hello, am 25years old. AM planning fr a Boy. My doctor said my eggs are been ruptured and asked me to wait fr 15 days. But I started up with my periods. Please tell me when is the best time to have intercourse fr conceiving fast.
I had my periods on 1st Aug and it lasted for 3 days. I had unprotected sex on 8th Aug and took unwanted 72 within 24 hrs. My period again started on 12th Aug and lasted for 2 days (12-13th Aug). I had unprotected sex again on 14th Aug. Is there any chance of pregnancy?
What are birthmarks?
Birthmarks are areas of discolored and/or raised skin that are apparent at birth or within a few weeks of birth. Birthmarks are made up of malformed pigment cells or blood vessels.
Although the cause of birthmarks is not known, most of them are benign (noncancerous) and do not require treatment. Babies with birthmarks should be examined and diagnosed by a health care provider.
What are the most common types of vascular birthmarks?
The following are the most common types of vascular birthmarks:
Macular stains or salmon patches. These are characterized by pink to red marks that may appear anywhere on the body. Angel kisses and stork bites are the most common type of vascular birthmark:
Angel's kisses. Marks located on the forehead, nose, upper lip, and eyelids that usually disappear with age.
Stork bites. Marks on the back of the neck that usually disappear with age.
Hemangioma. A common vascular birthmark. Hemangiomas become visible within the first few weeks or months of life and continue to grow rapidly for about 6 to 9 months. Then, they gradually lose this red color and also shrink. They are called strawberry patch hemangiomas. By age 5, 50% resolve and 90% resolve by age 9 without any treatment. Hemangiomas that grow into other organs or structures or become ulcerated should be evaluated by your health care provider.
Port-wine stain (also called nevus flammeus). A port-wine stain is a flat, pink, red, or purple mark that appears at birth, often on the face, arms, and legs, and continues to grow as the child grows. Port-wine stains do not go away and often need treatment if located on the eyelid or forehead. Port-wine stains involving the face may cause eye problems and be associated with other developmental disorders.
What are the most common types of pigmented birthmarks?
The following are the most common types of pigmented birthmarks:
Moles (also known as congenital nevi). These can be skin-colored, brown, or black, flat or raised and small or large. They can happen anywhere on the body. Moles can also happen in adulthood, but only moles that are present at birth are considered birthmarks. Other nevi that behave like congenital nevi can appear within the first 2 years of life. Congenital nevi can develop into cancer later in life, with larger nevi having a higher risk of becoming cancerous.
Cafe-au-lait spots. This is French for coffee with milk. These are usually oval-shaped and light brown or black. Typically these fade with age and are not a problem. However, many of them grouped together can be a sign of other health issues and should be examined by a health care provider.
Mongolian spots. These are blue or blue-gray spots on the lower back or buttocks. They are most common in babies with darker skin, like African-American or Asian babies. They can be mistaken for bruises and they usually fade with age.
Hai. I am 23 years old. I did abortion for some problem. Whether I ll have again pregnancy. Without any problem.
I am shweta my period comes just after 10 days what is the reason is I am pregnant or something else please ans me.
Homeopathy is a field of medicine that uses natural resources to make a difference in the long-term and on a sustainable basis. Presently, it is used by over 200 million people. On the basis of this philosophy, a homeopath provides remedies which can suit best to the physical and psychological conditions of a patient. Homeopathic remedies are certainly not very high in dosage. Its main purpose is to recognize and discard the cause behind the condition.
Following are the 7 myths about homeopathy:
- Training: It is a major myth that homeopaths do not really undergo proper medical training. The truth is that all these doctors have to go through a four year long process of training via courses offered at accredited colleges and universities. Further, the course also includes modules on pathology, anatomy and other fields like materia medica and homeopathic philosophy. By the time the training is over, the doctor is like any other doctor in any other field. Further, with constant research and practice, the doctor can become even more of an expert within ten years.
- Remedies are prescribed by doctors with no formal training: Many people believe that homeopathic remedies are prescribed simply on the basis of the visible symptoms and no diagnosis is done. However, the fact is that these remedies are prescribed by qualified medical professionals graduated from homeopathy medical colleges. They diagnose your medical condition before prescribing you any remedy.
- Unscientific medicines: These medicines are usually termed as unscientific by cynics. The truth is that the metals and minerals contained in the medicines are tested and put under trial before they are released for consumption. The values are recorded on periodic tables. The substances also include ingredients like plants and snake's venom. Each medicine's symptoms and accidental allergies are recorded and put forth with a perspective on human nature. The books on homeopathy are written and recorded on the basis of the symptoms and allergic reactions. Also, many people believe that the medicines are simply water as they are diluted solutions. These medicines are diluted with a method called succussion, which makes a dose potent with the help of vigorous shaking. While higher potency drugs are given to those suffering from an emotional state of belief regarding an ailment, lower potency medication is prescribed for those suffering from severe cases.
- Strict dietary restriction is to be followed at the time of homeopathic treatment: Many people believe that they have to control on their eating habits while undergoing homeopathic treatment. Fact is that for some patients, ingredients like garlic, onion, alcohol, coffee, tobacco etc. are to be avoided during the tenure of treatment. This is simply because these ingredients interfere with the homeopathic treatment.
- Homeopathy can cure any disorder: Some people have a strong belief that homeopathic remedies can cure any disorder or any medical condition. Fact is that this remedy is completely ineffective in cases where there is ultimate need of manual intervention where medicinal action is not suggestive eg: fractures, appendicitis, large tumors, etc.
- No proof of efficiency: While it is a well known fact that homeopathy efficacy cannot be tested by standardised methods, due to the personalisation of the medication for each individual, it is also true that the efficacy has been proven with 180 controlled tests in the past 24 years and 118 random tests in the same time frame. It is important to know your facts before you decide to go with a certain field of medicine. With homeopathy, there will be a lot of focus on the human mind as well as the ailment for an inside out approach.
- Homeopathic remedies are not scientific: Many people consider homeopathic remedies to be unscientific. However, the basis behind homeopathy is pharmacological and clinical data. Vast studies and researches have been conducted on homeopathic remedies and treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
I am 21/F and have a problem of irregular menstruation since i was 15. How much ever i workout my weight keeps on increasing and i weigh 100kgs right now! currently, on my gyno's advice, i am on OCP- ovral g, i get my periods with it but as soon as i leave it, to test any improvements, i again stop getting my periods! my weight and my periods are a huge issue for me now. Pls help!
Vaginal discharge is a normal physiological phenomenon, in which the consistency of vaginal discharge varies throughout the cycle. Healthy vaginal discharge is clear or white in colour, with normal and non-offensive odour. Sometimes right before menstruation, your vaginal discharge may hold a brownish tinge.
The consistency of the discharge varies mostly on the hormonal changes in the body. When the levels of oestrogen are low, the cervical mucus that is liberated as discharge may be perceived as sticky and thick. When the oestrogen levels rise up, the discharge becomes wetter, more stretchy and clearer. Also, after ovulation, the consistency becomes thicker again.
When should you worry about the vaginal discharge?
- Greenish, greyish or absurdly brownish in colour
- When the discharge appears thicker than normal
- When the discharge is more than normal
- When it smells absurd like fishy or rotten meat like smell
- Pus like discharge
- White with cottage cheese like discharge
- When the discharge is associated with bloody discharge and burning sensation, rash or soreness.
Diseases caused by vaginal discharge
- Yeast Infection: The vaginal discharge is cottage cheese like and may be associated with itching of the vulva. This is also called as thrush. It can be treated easily with antifungal medications such as Fluconazole or Cotrimoxazole.
- Vaginitis: Yellowish offensive discharge, which may be profuse, associated with itching and abdominal pain.
- Trichomoniasis: This disease is asymptomatic in most cases and you may notice purulent discharge.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sir, I have got married and its my 4th year getting married, we have no children's yet .Im thinking that I have a small problem about sexual organ means I'm having only one testicle n the another one is removed from stomach by surgery in the age 15 years. I'm having smoke habit, I use to smoke a packet a day and also alcohol weekly .we both participate in sex regularly according to dates. Is there any medications for this problem?
Sir my wife has pregnant 30 week,and doctor suggest check auger level found before lunch 160 and after lunch 270 so doctor said baby weight 1200 gm,baby 2 week delay growth,after doctor suggest get insulin enject. Now auger level is before 140 after lunch 250,So tell me my baby week completed he is healthy or not, (one things is that my wife fall in washroom he pain its backs boom suggest any gel medicine
Am in 20th week of pregnancy.Im having a frequent headaches , cold,dry cough, what medication I could take at home , please advice.
Recent Blood test reveal that My Wife Ms. Kusum Lata Mathur Age 65 years is having hemoglobinin blood is 7 as against 11 to 14. Pl. Suggest diet n Medicine to be taken to bring it to desired level of 11 - 14. Thanks.
1. They are an excellent source of folate. Strawberries are an amazing source of folate (the folic acid found in food). Inadequate amounts of folate in the aging population can contribute to atherosclerosis, vascular disease and even a decline in cognitive function. Medications used for conditions like rheumatoid arthritis can actually deplete folic acid in the body, so stock up on strawberries to replenish!
2. They could reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. Strawberries are being studied for their unique ability to suppress the inflammatory responses of the body and reduce our risk of hypertension by lowering ldl cholesterol. A 2013 study published in circulation found women who ate three or more servings of strawberries and blueberries in a week reduced their risk of heart attack by 32 percent.
3. There's more than enough vitamin c. Strawberries contain more than 100 percent of our daily recommended intake of vitamin c in just one cup. Recent studies show that when vitamin c is consumed during times of stress, it actually has the ability to decrease our blood pressure to a normal level, preventing the development of hypertension especially in kids.
4. They are a great source of fibre. Strawberries are high in fibre, which is important for moving food through your digestive system and helping bowel movements. This can help improve digestion, especially for those with constipation or irregular stools.
5. They are high in antioxidants. Strawberries contain anthocyanin, which is a powerful antioxidant that protects us from the damaging effects of our environment, especially the sun. The antioxidant power of the anthocyanins found in strawberries lasts up to 24 hours after consumption; this makes them a great defence against free radical damage.