Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Usha Middha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Usha MiddhaYour feedback matters!
Menopause is one of the most significant transitions in the life of a woman. While it is a natural process, it often entails a lot of discomfort and re-adjustment. A woman’s body undergoes a lot of hormonal changes, it is therefore essential to maintain a healthy sociological and physiological ambience around the woman to minimize the distress that can potentially arise in times like these. During menopausal changes, the body tends to amass a lot of impurities.
Ayurveda recommends specific diet plans and lifestyle decisions to ease out the transition. Ayurvedic methods are aimed at reducing the enormous emotional stress that a woman is likely to endure during these times. Some of the practices that can mitigate the anxiety caused by menopause have been enlisted below:
Balanced Diet: Having the necessary nutrients in the rightful quantity is extremely necessary to soothe the menopause induced agitations and trauma. Ayurveda recommends that you avoid food items that trigger off indigestion problems. Extremely salty and sour foods as well as spicy and oily foods can prove to be detrimental for you during menopause. Dressings and condiments like ketchup and mustard are known to not resonate well with the digestive system when your body is undergoing hormonal changes. Ideally, you must follow an astringent diet. Food items which are sweet and bitter to taste have benefiting properties. Wheat based foods as well as sweetened dairy products are extremely favorable. You may also look at leafy vegetables for purifying the system from within and acting as a rich source of protein. One of the most foremost guidelines to follow during menopause is the increased intake of water.
Lifestyle Choices: To facilitate an easy transition of the bodily systems, you need to advocate certain conscious lifestyle changes as well. It is important to adapt to a healthier way of living so as to avert any physiological consequence of menopause. You need to get sufficient amount of sleep in the course of a day. Sleep rejuvenates and refreshes the body for a healthy mechanism and provides the requisite amount of rest. Hot oil massages can also prove therapeutic during menopause and palliate pains and irritations that are likely to occur in such times. A timely intake of the meals is yet another mandatory routine that you must follow to battle the menopausal discomforts. Finally, Ayurveda recommends regular exercising for leading a happy and healthy life ahead.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Me and A girl met on 3rd Feb 2018, and had unprotected intercourse for a first time on 7th Feb 2018. We went to doctor as she missed her periods. On 19th March 2018 doctor checked via sonography and told us that she is pregnant from last 7 weeks and 2 days. I truly love that girl and looking forward to be her. But she is not ready to tell me the truth and its creating trust issues. I am even okay if she had it from someone else as we are going to abort it through pills. My question is, what would be the date of intercourse? She says she had periods in last week of Jan 2018?
Hi Me and my wife decided to go for a child. But we both don't know at what day after menstrual cycle we go for sex so to my wife get pregnant. Can you please suggest me the best days when we will sex together to get my wife pregnant?
I had unprotected sex on 26th day of my menstrual cycle, acc to the boy he ejaculated outside but for precaution I took unwanted-72 after 43 hr. Today is 32nd day of cycle but still didn't got my periods. I tried home remedies like having jaggery with acne to fasten the process and get it but no success. I started doing this day before yesterday. What should I do now? Please help me out.
Gist of rujuta divekar's talk today organised by borivali medical brotherhood:
1. Throw out your weighing scale cause it is not a reflection of how healthy you are.
2. Bmi is not an accurate representation as each of us is different. Instead two new terms have come into play- tofi and foti (thin outside and fat inside and vice versa) means you are unhealthy even if you look thin on the outside.
3. New research is showing that cholesterol is not directly the cause of heart disease.
4. Eat 4-5tsps of ghee everyday. It is good for the gut bacteria and will actually help in reducing abdomen fat.
6. Stop looking at food as carbs, protein &amp; fat. Instead look at it from farmer, trader, consumer point of view. So eat what takes the least time to come to you - eat local!
7. All fruit is the same. All have fructose- again eat local grown seasonal fruit.
8. Bananas are good for you.
9. Eat before you drink alcohol - eat early, drink early.
10. Weight loss industry has somehow managed to get everyone to believe that what tastes yuck is healthy and good for you. Don't equate healthy with yucky tasting food.
11. Keep moving. For every half hour you sit, move at least 3mins.
12.150mins of exercise a week is mandatory.
14. Weight bearing exercise is what one should be doing to keep bones strong and for stronger muscles.
15. Oil your hair once a week, rub ghee on your feet and drink plenty of water to alleviate bloating.
16. Salt is not bad for you. Don't go salt free. Use rock salt.
17. Sugar is also not bad for you provided you eat it the right way. Indian sweets are better than your pastries and brownies etc.
18. Work on strengthening your legs.
19. Don't believe that drinking green tea will make you lose weight. A myth that google and weight loss industry has promoted just because chinese are thin.
20. Red meat is absolutely fine as long as you watch the quantity.
21. Latest research is linking wine to breast cancer
22. Eat so much that when you get up from the table, you should feel light.
23. Don't count calories
24. Most important - remove fear from your head while eating. (we all know about the mind-body connection by now)
25. Make lifestyle changes and don't follow fad diets which rob your body of essential vitamins and minerals)