Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Usha KhannaYour feedback matters!
I had breast pain and some swelling with hardness in my breasts earlier this month, so I went to doctor and she gave me tablets Estranor and mobile. Now I do not have pain but my breasts have become somewhat harder and bigger. Why is it so?
Hello, I am trying to get pregnant from 1 year and doctor prescribed me duphaston 10 mg and susten 200 from 18th day of cycle for 20 days one for morning and one at night. After 14 days of taking these tablets I started bleeding that is like brown and not heavy. I am so disturbed now becoz I am still on these medicines and period started is it really a period of something else shall I continue medicines or stop. please suggest. Thanks.
Breastfeeding is advocated to be the only best thing for a newborn. But while it is the most natural thing to do, it isn't an easy process. It is challenging and full of surprises. Researches throw up facts that surprise all. For example: breastfeeding is like a shield against breast cancer.
Here are 3 such lesser known facts:
1. The milk contents - ever wondered what your baby thinks of the taste of your breast milk. Well, the fact is that your breast milk is tailor-made for your baby. From the taste to its benefits, it is a full course meal. When the feeding begins, the milk is watery. This is to quench the baby's thirst. Then the consistency thickens and the milk becomes higher in fat content. This meets your baby's electrolyte needs as well as energy requirement. Want to know something more amazing? through the day, your breasts milk's properties keep changing. By evening, it has higher sedating properties and helps the baby's body meet nutritional demands. This should explain that satisfied smile babies have when they sleep right after their feeds.
2. Variation in milk production - it is okay and natural if you feel you are lopsided. Many breastfeeding mothers feel that one breast is heavier than the other since it produces more milk. This is possible and happens a lot. Our body is not perfectly symmetrical between left and right. This applies to breasts as well and shouldn't be worried about. Because of this, milk production can also vary between both the breasts.
3. It causes weightloss - some women are known to lose their pregnancy weight by breastfeeding. Yes, this is also a lesser known fact. Breast milk happens to be a high calorie food which the baby literally sucks off the mother's body. This leads to shrinking of the mother's body.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
I had a miscarriage in Oct 2015. Trying since February 2016 again. This cycle I took Siphene 100 mg and was on follicular testing. Ovulation was proper. I also took duphaston twice a day for 14 days. I had developed a dry cough since a week and cough very violently at night. I can feel the pressure in my pelvic region. Could this affect chances of conception and implantation?
Meri na mc sahi time me Nahi hoti Hai har month me 10+15 din me baad hoti Hai or kabhi kabhi bahut dard hoti Hai bahut Jada.
My wife recently got pregnant and we decide to abort the baby. After consulting to Gynaecologist, she gave few medicines to take 2 times 1 tablet on the same day and another after 1 day. Since then she feel pain and heavy blood as menstruation. My question is does she need to avoid any food or specific till 15 days coz doc said that the bleeding will finish within 15 days.
I had sex on 25 Jan but I had I pill next day in the evening but my periods are one week late now I'm having too much in my breasts and overeating tell me can I be pregnant or this is due to I pill tell me all about it.
Endometriosis is a disorder, which is characterized by abnormal growth of the endometrial tissue (lining of the uterus) outside the uterus. In this disorder, the abnormal tissue breaks down but is unable to exit the body. This may cause the surrounding tissue to get irritated and as a result lead to the formation of scar tissue.
The various symptoms of endometriosis are:
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Pain during periods: One of the major symptoms of this disorder is pelvic pain, especially during periods. You may also experience lower back pain and abdominal pain.
- Excessive bleeding: The amount of bleeding during your periods may increase.
- Other symptoms: You may experience fatigue, constipation and bloating.
- Infertility: Inability to conceive
The various causes of endometriosis are:
- Retrograde menstruation: In retrograde menstruation, the blood flows back into the pelvic region through the fallopian tubes instead of exiting the body. These cells may attach themselves in the pelvic cavity and cause endometriosis.
- Embryonic cell transport: These cells may be transported to other parts of the body by the blood vessels which may lead to endometriosis.
- Immune system disorder: Complications in the immune system may prevent the immune system from destroying the endometrial tissue that grows outside the uterus.
- Surgical scar implantation: Certain surgeries such as a C-section may result in attachment of endometrial cells to the incision area. The major complication of this disorder is fertility problems. Endometriosis may prevent fusion of egg and sperm and thus impair your ability to conceive. It is recommended not to delay pregnancy if you have endometriosis. This disorder is usually confused with other disorders, such as ovarian cysts and pelvic inflammatory disease. This happens as these disorders too cause pelvic pain.
Endometriosis is sometimes accompanied by irritable bowel syndrome. In the latter condition, there is recurrent abdominal pain and diarrhoea or constipation, often associated with stress, depression, anxiety, or previous intestinal infection.
*water is the main component of human body
*drinking 8-10 glasses of water each day to maintain good health
*drinking water makes us feel so refreshed that it actually improves our state of mind
*it has no calories, fat, carbohydrates or sugar
*about 60% of human body is made of water, and effects of dehydration can life threatening
She has participated in sex with me many times but she never got pregnancy. Can I have your suggestions?
Paneer, also known as cottage cheese, is a dairy product which is made by curdling the milk with the help of lemon or vinegar and then draining the liquid. Not only is it delicious and an integral part of some of the most popular dishes of Indian cuisine, it is also a very good source of calcium, protein and healthy fats that help in improving the functioning of the body.
Here are some of the surprising health benefits of this Indian dietary staple:
- Diabetes-friendly: The carbohydrate content is low in paneer, which makes it a very good option for diabetics. Consumption of paneer does not cause a surge in the blood sugar level as it is digested slowly by the body.
- Improves bone and teeth health: Protein is a good source of calcium and phosphorus that helps in improving the health of the teeth and bones in the body.
- Helps in weight loss: Cottage cheese is a great source of conjugated linoleic acid that helps in boosting the metabolism of the body, thus aiding weight loss. Plus, it lowers the risk of cancer by reducing the amount of bad cholesterol in the body.
- Contains high amounts of protein: Enriched with vegetable protein, which is the basic building component of muscles and bones, paneer is known to keep your muscles and bones in good health. Besides, the protein in paneer is essential for brain development and the development of the fetus, making it another reason why it should be a part of your diet.
- Improves metabolism: Paneer contains high amounts fiber, which helps in improving the digestive process of the body. It also adds bulk to the stool and helps in feeling full.
- Controls blood pressure: It regulates blood pressure as it contains potassium, which helps in lowering blood pressure by controlling the effect that sodium has on your body.
- Boosts the immune system: Paneer contains compounds that help in strengthening the immune system, thereby preventing disorders like common cold, cough and bronchial asthma.