Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Usha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. UshaYour feedback matters!
A fibroid tumour is the abnormal cell growth in the uterus and they are mostly benign. Fibroids usually affect women in the age bracket of 30 - 40. Fibroid tumours are of three types, depending on their location:
- Submucosal fibroids: The tumour develops under the lining of the uterus
- Intramural fibroids: The growth is found amongst the muscles in the wall of the uterus
- Subserosal fibroids: The growth develops on the wall of the uterus right in the pelvic cavity
Causes behind it
The exact cause of fibroids in not known clearly. But certain factors have been discovered that might influence their formation. These factors include:
- Hormones: Progesterone and estrogen are the hormones responsible for recreating the uterine lining during every menstrual cycle. These hormones might trigger the formation of tumour.
- Family history: If any member in your family; your mother, grandmother or sister has/had fibroids in their uterus, you may also develop it.
- Pregnancy: Your body produces excessive progesterone and estrogen when you are pregnant, which may cause an increase in the size of a pre-existing small fibroid. Myomectomy can be done by giving incision on the abdomen or by laparoscopy depending on the size and location of the fibroids.
Signs You are suffering from it
- Heavy bleeding along with blood clots during or between your periods
- Lower back or pelvic pain
- Elevated menstrual cramping
- Frequent urination
- Pain during sex
- Longer than normal periods
- Bloating or pressure in lower abdomen
- Enlargement or swelling of the abdomen
How it can be treated?
Your doctor will formulate the right treatment depending on your age, the mass of the fibroids and your overall health. Your doctor may choose a combination of treatment to cure your fibroids, and they include:
- Medication: Gonadotropin releasing hormones (GnRH) agonists, birth control pills and ibuprofen (anti-inflammatory medicine) are prescribed. GnRH agonists reduce the level of progesterone and estrogen in your uterus.
- Surgery: Myomectomy and hysterectomy are two common surgical procedures to treat fibroids. Myomectomy is performed by removing the fibroids only by making an incision on the abdomen. But hysterectomy completely removes the uterus. The latter is reserved for serious cases.
- Non-invasive surgery: Forced ultrasound surgery, myolysis (shrinking fibroids with laser or electric current), cryomyolysis (fibroids are frozen) and endometrial ablation (an instrument uses heat, hot water, microwaves or electric current to destroy fibroids) are some non-invasive surgical procedures.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have taken femilon last month and this month today is my ninth day still bleeding not exactly but you can say spotting there so is it normal? please guide.
8 amazing health benefits of masturbation
Masturbation can be extremely beneficial to your health and well-being. It doesn't just feel good, it has other benefits too that can vastly improve your health and life.
Here are some reasons why you should masturbate regularly:
1. It boosts your mood
Masturbating releases the hormones oxytocin and dopamine, which improve your mood and give you a natural high. It helps you relax and decreases your stress and anxiety levels.
2. Helps you sleep
Having an orgasm relaxes you physically and mentally, relieves tension and makes you feel satisfied due to the lowering of blood pressure and the release of endorphins. This helps you fall asleep faster and sleep better.
3. Lesser junk food cravings
The release of oxytocin makes us feel happier, lowering emotionally triggered food cravings, which help you make better food choices and avoid unhealthy and fattening 'comfort' food.
4. Relieves cramps
Masturbation can help relieve menstrual cramps. It increases blood flow to your pelvic region and hence eases pain, cramps and backaches.
5. Helps cure urinary tract infection in women
Those suffering from utis can get relief by masturbating as it flushes out bacteria from the cervix.
6. Prevents prostate cancer
Masturbation flushes out the toxin build-up in the urogenital tract, making men who ejaculate frequently three times less likely to develop prostate cancer.
7. May get rid of restless leg syndrome
People who suffer from restless leg syndrome feel a constant need to move their limb, which may cause leg pain and cramps. A publication in 'sleep medicine', a medical journal suggests that sex and masturbation may help relieve symptoms of rls.
8. Boosts your immunity and general health
Ejaculation in males triggers the release of cortisol, a stress hormone. Although stress inducing, experts believe that small doses of this hormone help build your immunity. In women, masturbation is known to improve cervical and cardiovascular health while also reducing the risk of type-2 diabetes.
Related Tip: 6 Common Myths on MASTURBATION, Busted!
Hello doctor, my baby boy of 3 months and 10 days is not take sufficient Brest milk. Though we are trying to feed him several times. In this situation last Monday and Tuesday day I also feed him Nestle Nan pro stage 1. But he is not interest to feed the artificial milk and also suffering constipation. Should I continued to feed him the Nestle Nan Pro 1 or only feed him mothers breast milk.
I missed my periods. Actually the date was 3rd Dec on which I should have periods. After which I took a pregnancy test which was positive. So how will I come to know how many days I am pregnant. And what if I do abortion using the kit at home will it be dangerous?
My wife for the past 3 months she had 45 day long cycle. This month currently she is on her 40th day. We started having sex from day 6onwards and continued every alternative day till 32nd day. Today morning we tested hcg test which results in negative. What should we do now. Please help.
Stress can take a toll on your health in more ways than one and your sexual health is greatly and adversely impacted by stress. Stress can take a toll on the emotional relationship you share with your partner and also your own physical health, thus resulting in a hampered sex life.
Stress and Our Libido:
By now, we know that hormones affect our bodies in numerous ways from childhood to adolescence, pregnancy, menopause and beyond. Cortisol is one of the hormones produced by stress, and you might have heard of it if you’ve ever seen those late night diet pill commercials with the image of the pixelated woman gaining weight in her abdomen. Our bodies need this hormone, but in small doses for short bursts of time. If elevated levels of Cortisol are being produced for a prolonged period of time, they suppress our sex hormones. Lower quantity of sex hormones equals lower libido.
Impact of Stress on Sex-
- Stress takes a toll on libido.
- Low levels of libido imply lesser secretion of sex hormones, thus, affecting your sex life.
- Stress can interfere with your fertility, ovulation and sperm count.
- Stress can cause a shift in the hormones. In women, the change in hormones manifests in the form of an irregular ovulatory cycle.
- Loss of intimacy.
- Being under stress constantly can lead to anger, emotional outbursts, depression and loss of intimacy with your partner; thus affecting your sexual relations.
- Stress also affects your body image negatively, thus leading to unpleasant and bad sex.
How to rejuvenate your sex life?
Ayurvedic medicines help to overcome the stress related conditions without any side effects. Some herbs proved to be helpful in relieving stress & increasing libido like Ashwagandha,
safed musali, Shatavari, Manaskalp capsule, Ozaup capsule. These are beneficial in all stress-related sexual problems. Other tips are:
- Communicate your feelings: Many-a-times, communicating and sharing your feelings, desires and anxiety with your partner might be all that you need to rejuvenate your sex life.
- Regular exercise and proper sleep: 20-30 minutes of body work out or a session of yoga everyday helps you to de-stress. A proper eight-hour sleep cycle will also go a long way in de-stressing you.
- Supplements to boost your libido and energy: Taking multivitamins, minerals, zinc and other supplements helps to boost your energy levels and libido, thus allowing you to enjoy your sex life to the fullest.
- Set the mood correctly: Set the right mood before your intimate sessions; with some soothing music, aromatic fragrance and dim lights. This can and will enhance your sex life by promoting relaxation, happiness and overall emotional well being. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.