Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Usha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. UshaYour feedback matters!
Hey mam or sir. M prgnt of 8th month it mean 31 weeks on 24th I have went to scan. My fetal biometry is BPD 32 weeks 5 Days and AC 28 weeks and FL 31 weeks 5 days. My gyno said everything is fine normal .bt I am really worried of it. please help me. Wht to do is it fine or I should do something. Hlp.
Good health is indeed the key to success. If you were of the idea, that health is a biological factor that you are born with and that can be altered or rectified with the advice of a medical practitioner, you are extremely mistaken. To some extent, the quality of your health is in your hands. Physical health goes hand in hand with your psychological health. Like doctors say, a person might be facing some very serious disease, but being mentally strong can help him or her overcome difficulties. Your day-to-day attitude in life is also of great consequence; it decides your overall health when recorded for a year or more.
Effects of positive thoughts on a person's health:
- Worry less: Fretting is the worst way of coping in life. Each and every individual has issues gnawing at their existence. The best way to deal with problems is to face them with a calm and logical mind. Being anxious over a certain occurrence doesn't help you get anywhere in life. People who worry less have a longer and healthier life.
- Once you forgive, you naturally move on: Holding on to grudges is an utterly depressing way to carry on with the course of life. Unless you forgive, you are stuck at one single point. This holds you back from achieving to the best of your abilities. Forgiveness doesn't let the other person win; it only helps you live without emotional baggage.
- Learn to be resilient in times of stress: Thinking yourself as weak is an easy way to let hurdles take control of you. You should be of a strong disposition. Whatever the situation is, a person should take it in stride and consider it as a passing phase. Keep reminding yourself you will be back on your feet in no time at all. Being mentally weak can lead to nervous breakdowns.
- Creativity can help you sleep over remorse: Fear, anger, hatred or remorse are emotions that bog you down. Every human being should try and channelize their energies into something useful. Thinking creatively is beneficial for oneself.
- Never say 'impossible': Giving up on your dreams shows you in poor light. Treating a goal as impossible even before attempting to attain it can be very bad for your health. It can result in chronic nervousness.
She is getting pain like burning sensation on her both side of vagina and the clitoris. During this time leg pain knee joint pain also. Please suggest.
INDIVIDUAL/GROUP THERAPY FOR REMEDYING THREE TYPES OF SKILLS DEFICITS
Many adolescents lack important skills that are essential for their academic achievement, personal development andfor their effective social adaptation. In my 25 years of practice as psychologist and particularly in my therapy sessions with teenagers, I have come across more evidence in support of the behavior deficit model. This model considers skills deficit as a major root cause of psychological disturbance and social mal-adjustment. Skills deficit in adolescents are found to fall under three distinct categories. These three categories account for the vast majority of behaviors usually included under the term behavior disorders. All three patterns are maladaptive ( socially or individually). Each of the following three patterns also involve inter-personal alienation.
AGGRESSIVE TEENAGERS: They may be quarrelsome and generally irresponsible in their social interactions. They pick up fights easily and may disruptive and destructive in school or playground. They may be defiant of authority and lack feelings of guilt or remorse for wrong, unethical behavior.
WITHDRAWN TEENAGERS: Such teens may be generally overanxious and timid. They may get hurt easily and therefore very reluctant to interact with people. They may constantly complain of being victimized or teased. They lack self-esteem and self-confidence. They may go through feelings of depression and social anxiety and therefore may be seen as lonely and socially withdrawn.
IMMATURE TEENAGERS: They may be clumsy in their behavior. Usually they go around with younger playmates who have lower level of social skills. They may have short attention span and may engage in day-dreaming or even self-talk. They are too passive and socially incompetent. This may result in more criticism and ridicule from the peers.
Social skills deficit in a common cause of adjustment problems in teenagers and college youth. If your teenage son or daughter is found suddenly losing interest in studies and getting low marks or found to be generally quiet and withdrawn, it is a good idea to get him/her assessed by a psychologist so that necessary remedial and preventive steps can be taken to enhance their personal growth and wellbeing.
I'm 26 yrs old women facing joints pain since 5 days n my weight is 82 height 5.3 suffering from pcod n I have 1 daughter 3 yrs.
I am 30 years female. I gave birth to a my first baby last October (3 months back) with c-section delivery. After delivery doctor confirmed that I have fibroid. Is fibroids are dangerous? Need to take treatment or surgery? Doctor told to have another baby with in 2 year if needed. Is it urgent to get pregnant? Should I go for scanning (i am just 2.5 post pregnant). I am scared of this. please suggest me.
Exposure to the sun for a long period of time can result in several skin problems. They occur on the basis of heat, humidity and the rays of the sun. Here are the most common skin problems caused due to sun exposure:
- Sunburn: Sunburns occur as a result of overexposure of the skin to the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun. Melanin in the skin protects it from the sun’s rays, but in case of overexposure, melanin fails to work and sunburn is caused. The symptoms of sunburn include the skin turning red, burning in the affected areas, skin tightness and a sensation of itching. Severe symptoms are blisters, chills, fever and fatigue.
- Age spots: Age spots are caused due to overexposure to the sun. They are brown marks, which appear on the surface of the skin, especially in the arms, hands and other body parts. Age spots get more prevalent with ageing. Symptoms of this condition include brown and gray pigmentation on the skin surface. The pigmentation occurs in a circular shape and is flat on the skin.
- Photosensitivity: This condition is also known as sun allergy. People with photosensitivity are likely to get burned from sun exposure very easily, and symptoms of sunburn are observed. Symptoms include red and pink skin rashes accompanied by itching and burning. The area gets scaly and blistered.
- Moles: Moles occur commonly due to sun exposure. They may appear on any part of the body. Moles may vary from being harmless to cancerous. Common symptoms include raised skin and the skin tone changing into reddish brown or black. Moles are round in shape, and some moles are painful.
- Solar elastosis: This condition is commonly known wrinkles and occurs when the elastic tissues of the skin get deteriorated due to sun exposure. The skin turns limp on account of no strength of the tissues and collagen. Wrinkles appear, and the skin seems loose and sagging. Deep lines are formed on the skin.
- Skin cancer: Skin cancer accounts for being the most severe and fatal result of prolonged exposure to the sun without any kind of protection. There are many forms of skin cancer. The most primary skin cancers include Melanoma, basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma.
- Polymorphous light eruption: This condition, known as PMLE in short, affects women between the age group of twenty to forty. It also occurs in light sensitive people who spend more time under the sun. Symptoms include a red or pink, bumpy rash and raised areas on the skin surface. Itchiness and dry patches are indicated.
A large number of skin problems occur due to long hours of sun exposure. Some of these are chronic problems, which require proper treatment. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.