Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. UshaYour feedback matters!
Curd is a staple in every household in India; whether it is served with piping hot parathas or by itself after a meal. The simple food item is packed with a number of nutrients and helps in increasing the health benefits in your body.
Here are a few reasons why you should be eating curd, almost every day:
- Probiotics help in digestion: Curd, being rich in probiotics (good bacteria), improves digestion as it kills all the harmful bacteria in the digestive tract and aids the proliferation of good bacteria. Probiotics also help in the prevention of various digestive issues such as cramps, bloating and abdominal pain caused due to Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
- Promotes weight loss around the belly: A hormone called cortisol, also called the ‘stress hormone’ persuades the fat cells to produce more fat around your belly area. Consuming a cup of curd daily increases the amount of calcium in your body which limits the release of cortisol, thus, helping you lose weight. Curd also retains one-third of lean muscle mass which helps you maintain your physique post those dropped kilos for a longer time.
- Curd strengthens your immunity system: A cup of curd is loaded with good bacteria which is essential for fighting off germs, thereby making your immune system stronger and more persistent. Making curd a part of your daily diet is a great idea as it is effective in preventing yeast infections around the vaginal area.
- Toughens up your skeletal system: Like all dairy products, curd is rich in calcium which is necessary for strong bones and teeth. Apart from calcium, curd is rich in phosphorous and together, they quicken the bone growth process and helps in preventing arthritis and osteoporosis.
- Helps in improving cardiovascular health: Eating curd helps in improving cardiovascular health as it discourages the spread of cholesterol around the arterial area, thus, reducing the risks of a coronary disease. Curd reduces hypertension which is a pre-cursor to most heart ailments. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
10 CARDINAL SYMPTOMS OF VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY-
1-EXCESSIVE BODYACHE- THIS IS MAIN SYMPTOM OF VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY. IF YOU FEEL THAT YOU HAVE LOSS ALL YOUR ENERGY AT THE END OF THE DAY AND IF YOU BECOME TIRED EVEN AFTER SLIGHT WORK, IT MAY REPRESENT VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY
2-UNEXPAINED DEPRESSION-IF YOU HAVE LOW MOOD, WHICH IS UNEXPLAIN BY YOUR SITUATION, THAN YOU HAVE TO GO FOR VITAMIN D TEST
3- TINGING AND NUMBNESS OF LIMBS-IF YOU FEEL PIN PRICKING SENSATION IN YOUR HANDS AND FEETS, THAN YOU MAY HAVE VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY
4- MUSCULAR CRAMPS-SUDDEN TIGHTNESS OF MUSCLES ESPECIALLY IN CALF AREA. SOMETIME IN ANKLE, THIGH, ARM, WRIST, FINGERS ETC. SUGGESTIVE OF VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY
5-RESTLESS LEGS AT NIGHT-IF YOU FEEL THAT YOUR BODY IS PAINING SPECIELLY LEGS, WHEN YOU ARE RELAXING. YOU FEEL SOME RELEIF BY MOVING YOUR LEGS. IT GENERALLY HAPPENS IN NIGHT AND FEELING OF RELATION BY STRACHING OF LEGS REMAIN UNTILL YOU ARE NOT FALLING IN SLEEP.IT ALSO SUGGESTIVE OF VITANIN D DEFICIENCY
6- UNCONTROLLED DIABETES- IF YOUR SUGAR IS NOT CONTROLLED BY MEDICATION, EVEN AFTER APPROPRIATE DOSE AND SUGAR LEVEL HAS FLUACTUATIONS THAN GO FOR VITAMIN D TESTING
7- RECURRENT INFECTION-IF YOU GET COLD/COUGH/FEVER ON SLIGHT CHANGE IN WHETHER OR SLIGHT CHENGE IN DIET, IT MEANS YOU MAY HAVE VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY
8-NECK PAIN- IF YOU SUFFER FROM NECK PAIN A ND YOU THINK THAT IT IS DUE TO SO CALLED “CERVICAL”, THAN YOU MAY BE WRONG. MOST OF NECK PAIN IS DUE TO LACK OF VITAMIN D
9- BACKACHE AND LUMBER ACHE-IF YOU HAVE PROBLEM IN LIFTING HEAVY WEIGHT, BENDING, OR YOU HAVE PERSISTENT LOW BACKACHE SOMETIME CALLED AS “DISC BULGE” AND “SCIATICA”, THAN IT IS POSSIBLITY THAT YOU MAY SUFFER FROM VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY
10- SKIN PROBLEM LIKE PSORIASIS-IF YOUR SKIN PROBLEM LIKE PSORIASIS IS NOT COMES UNDER CONTROL EVEN AFTER PROPER MEDICATION OR IT REAPPEAR AFTER SOMETIME , THAN GO FOR VITAMIN D TESTING.
Hi Dr. I had my ectopic ruptured surgery on date 10-10-2016 then I was in periods on 10-11-2016. I have menstrual cycle of 27-28 days& I had unprotected sex on date 26-11-2016. That is on the 17th day of menstrual cycle then will I be pregnant? please answer me.
Hi, I am 27 years old, I am having pocs. It's been 1 month and 15 days didn't got period. Want to conceive. What should I do?
The term short stature describes the height of the person that is significantly below the average height for a person's age, sex, racial group, or family. Growth failure is often confused with short stature. Growth failure that occurs over time eventually results in short stature. By definition, growth failure is a medical condition. However, short stature is often a normal variant.
Short stature may or may not be a sign or symptom caused by a medical condition. Your child's growth must be assessed over a period of time and not just at a single point. Any departure from a prior growth pattern, appropriate for the child's genetic background may signal the appearance of a disease.
Short parents tend to have short children. Children with a family backgroud of short stature does not have any symptoms related to diseases that affect growth. Children with constitutional growth delay do not have any diseases. These children enter puberty later than their peers. However, because they continue to grow for a longer period of time, they catch up to their peers as they reach their adult height, which is normal and comparable to their parents.
Some symptoms may signal a medical condition causing short stature. The following symptoms should be further investigated by your doctor:
- Child has stopped growing or is growing slower than expected (less than 4 cm, or 2 in, each year in the pre-pubertal child of elementary school age)
- Weight loss or gain (more than 5 lbs in a month)
- Poor nutrition/loss of appetite
- Delayed puberty (absent breast development by age 14 or absent menstrual spotting by age 15 for a girl or absent enlargement of the testes by age 14 for a boy); note that the presence or absence of pubic hair is not a reliable sign of pubertal development
What Causes Short Stature?
The three major reasons for short stature are constitutional growth delay, genetics and disease.
Constitutional Growth Delay: Some children simply develop later than others. These children are often referred to as 'late bloomers'. These kids are small for their age and often enter puberty later. However, they'll continue to grow after their friends have stopped. They usually catch up by adulthood.
Genetics: If one or both parents are short, there's a strong possibility that their child will also be short. If there are no underlying medical reasons why either parent is short, their child's short stature may be perfectly healthy.
Disease: A number of diseases may cause unusually short stature. These diseases fall into several categories:
- Endocrine diseases affect hormone production and often height. These include growth hormone deficiency (GHD), hypothyroidism, or low thyroid hormone levels, and Cushing's disease.
- Chronic diseases can also decrease height through their effects on overall health. Examples of chronic disease are heart disease, asthma, inflammatory bowel disease, diabetes, kidney problems, sickle cell anemia, and juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.
- Genetic conditions that affect height include Down syndrome, Turner syndrome, and Williams syndrome.
- Bone and skeletal diseases, such as rickets or achondroplasia, may change stature through their effects on bone growth.
Problems during pregnancy can affect the height of a child. Malnutrition can also lead to short stature.
At april 11 I had sex. My natural date was at 14th but due to medication for delaying period I had period at 18th. Period was normal with heavy bleeding, clots and cramps for 5 days. At the 5th day I had home pregnancy test. Result was negative. Month of may and june I had normal periods. This month i.e. July I am late by 2 days. I am worried. I am over-weighted and last month I ate roadside foods in greater portion. Please help me.
I have been to scan and found that sack was formed but there is no baby formed yet. My last period was July 1st. Is this happen to most of the women or is it a special case that is happening to me. I am in a confusion that my pregnancy will go good or end with tears. Do I need to take any particular care or attention. Doctor gave me progesterone tablet's. Could some one please let us know the chances and any suggestions.
How often have you heard the aphorism "An apple a day keeps the doctor away" and wondered if it is any close to the truth? Well, studies reveal that eating this delicious fruit everyday day may not cut the number of visits you make to the doctor. However, it definitely helps in keeping your pharmacy bills at bay due to its numerous health benefits. Read on to find how apples are true to the modified saying 'An apple a day keeps the pharmacist away'.
1. Fights type 2 diabetes: Apples are known to alter circulating glucose levels to a minimum amount. This helps in controlling your blood sugar level. What more, researchers have reached the conclusion that biting into an apple everyday results in one third less chances of developing type 2 diabetes among women.
2. Provides protection against cancer: Apple is rich in natural pigments known as anthocyanins, flavonoids including quercetin and rutin, phenolic acids like ellagic and ferulic acids and the antioxidant glutathione. These components are very beneficial in preventing cancer. Moreover, apple peel contains triterpenoids, which prevents the growth of cancer cells in liver, breast and colon.
3. Reduces risk of cardiovascular diseases: A recent study reveals that inclusion of ample amounts of soluble fibre into your diet slows down cholesterol-rich plaque build up in your arteries. Plaque build-up in arteries are one of the causative agents of coronary artery disease. Apple, being rich in soluble fibre and containing quercetin (which protects lining of the blood vessels), diminishes the chances of cardiovascular diseases.
4. Prevents cataracts: Apples are good sources of antioxidants. Long term research on peoples’ food habits show that satisfying your appetite with this ripe fruit can make you 10 to 15 per cent less prone to developing cataracts.
5. Helps to maintain your weight: Tired of being overweight? Then you should definitely switch to apple bites everyday as they keep your weight on check. The high fibre content of apples is responsible for this as they serve as a filling food option without being loaded with calories.
6. Aids liver detoxification: Horrified of the toxins that get into your body daily with the intake of any kind of food? Just relax, as doctors say that the best liver detox diets for your body comprise different types of fruits including apples.
7. Reduces cholesterol levels: A medium apple is known to contribute five grams of fibre to your daily diet, which exceeds most cereals. Besides, apples contain the cholesterol reducing soluble fibre pectin in abundant amount. Cholesterol build up in the lining of blood vessel walls is prevented by pectin which lessens the likelihood of getting atherosclerosis and heat diseases.
8. Gives you better immunity: The presence of an antioxidant named quercetin has been proven to be effective in heightening the efficiency and strengthening your immune system. Also, biting into a succulent apple regularly frees your body from various infections.
So, you age old myth did not become so popular without reason. Now that you known apples can be major contributors to your good health, go get a basket of them quickly for you and your family!
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Me engaged hu or mene mere fiance k sath physical relationship banai par uske bad meri vegina me bhut itching inner side me. Is problem se me bhut preshan hu kuch upay btaye or btaye ki kyu hoti h.
Fish is one of the best source of protein. White fleshed fjsh is low in fat and is extremely healthy. Oily fish are on the other hand, a rich source of omega 3 fatty acids so include fish atleast twice a week in your diet.
My mother has to have yet another operation After several operations for breast cancer. This Time they are going to remove her glands. Why Are glands removed after operations for cancer?
Sexual Aversion Disorder
Persistent or recurrent extreme aversion to, And avoidance of, all(or almost all) genital sexual contact with a sexual partner.
Sexual aversion is severe irrational fear to sexual activity which leads to avoidance of sexual situations. It affects males as well as female.
The disturbance causes marked distress or and interpersonal when confronted by a sexual opportunity with a partner. The aversion to genital contact may be focused on a particular aspect of sexual experience (e. g. genital secretion).some individuals experience generalized aversion to all sexual stimuli including undressing, touching and kissing. The intensity of reaction may range from moderate anxiety to extreme psychological distress. Some individuals may experience profound sweating, panic attacks, feeling of terror, faintness , nausea, diarrhea, palpitation, dizziness and breathing difficulties. There may be markedly impaired interpersonal relations and marital dissatisfaction. The individual may avoid sexual situations by covert strategies like going to sleep early, using substances or being over involved in work.
1. Severely negative parental sex attitudes
2. History of sexual trauma
3. Gender identity confusion
The goal of the treatment is to reduce the fear and avoidance of sex by the individual. Systematic desensitization: all the anxiety-provoking stimuli are arranged in an ascending level sand the individuals is exposed to, one by one, from the least anxiety-provoking stimulus to the most anxiety-provoking stimulus. Initially, the individual is gradually exposed to imagination under relaxation and then to the actual sexual situation that generates anxiety.
Marital therapy is used for correction of relational problems.