Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Urvi SharmaYour feedback matters!
White patches on teeth are formed due to many reasons. There are many factors contributing to this. The appearance of the white patches is just like tiny white patches or spots randomly here and there on the teeth. They look odd and may give an impression of poor health and hygiene.
The causes of white patches on the teeth
White patches are formed on the teeth for the following common reasons:
- If the teeth are ill formed during development and more calcium is released than required during the development stages, then the excess calcium gets deposited on the teeth as the white patches. You may see them as spots which many be light in color or flashy white.
- Fluorosis is another common factor, which causes the white patches. This occurs in childhood. During the developing years, if the child's teeth get an excess supply of fluorides, then the white patches develop on the teeth.
- Mineral depletion is another cause for the white patches. This happens mostly for loss of calcium. If calcium is scarce, then the small white spots are developed on teeth, and the problem is referred to as hypocalcification.
- If you had been wearing braces for years, and didn't take care of teeth around the braces, then also white spots may develop when you take off the braces.
The various ways of treating the white spots
While the damage is done due to hypocalcification in developmental stages or due to excess fluorides in the developing years can't be reversed, but the appearance can definitely be taken care of. The management is done as follows:
- Tooth bleaching is an option. The bleach brings uniformity in the teeth color and therefore, conceals the discoloration.
- Air abrasion is another process where tiny crystal particles are blown towards the patches of calcium deposits, and this depletes the calcium. The removal of excess calcium brings a balance in teeth color.
- If there are dentures or gaps formed in the teeth after removal of calcium deposits, then a filling will be done to add to the portion to bring natural color balance and smoothness.
- Tooth capping and porcelain veneer can be added or crowned on tooth so that complete concealing is done of the white spots; this is done when in no other way the visible spots can be managed.
Prevention is better than cure and therefore, practicing dental hygiene and oral care is the best way to prevent the problem. Also a periodic dental checkup has to be done in every six months.
My skin is very much affected from tanning, suggest me some remedy & What should I do for decreasing the bad breath and also enhancing the whiteness of teeth.
I'm 19 years old and I have been noticing changing colour of my teeth, white to yellowish. What can be best done to reverse this? might things like mouth cleaning dentist be suggested?thank you.
I am 26 years old male. I have backpain problem and I have acidity problem. Some problem in teeth also so what can I do?
Before 5 years Dr. Treated my two nealy damaged tooth with root canal. And by the help of adjacent tooth he fix bridge on three of them. But now that area turns into unstoppable pain n now Dr. Even don't know how to treat it. Every time I went thr n he give me some medication but those are also nt useful now. According to Dr. If he ll try to remove that bridge then may be all three tooth ll came out n then it ll be difficult to control the patient. So wht I am gonna do now?
I am tobacco addicted from many years. But I leave it 6 months ago. I can't eat spicy food. I hadn't eat rice for 3 months. When I eat spicy food my mouth became full of water.
I am 30 years old. I have bad breath problem from the last 8yrs, been checked by lots of doctors.what to do?
Hi, I am 45 years old, front 3 tooth needs taking out it is loose. Can I fix it or it will be wise to take it out?
My front teeth is break at half and when we take coffee, tea, water, milk, ice-cream etc than I feel pain in my teeth. What should I do.
I am 26 years old. And my Bottom two front teeth (from back side) are almost recessed. Please let me know the best solution to prevent this from fallen out. Will they grow back?
I Have open bite and I know that I must do Orthodontics and surgery . BUT I do not have engouh money for that So im wondering if there is any alternative treatment for my condition Thank you.
I have recently complete my rct in 17 tooth and still pain occurs rct completed on Tuesday and now it is Saturday what could be the reason please explain it briefly.
I am 21 years old, and I have internal stains on my front two teeth, I consulted a doctor who advised me to go for bleaching or crowning. And recently a doctor advised me to take calc. Phos 6x. 4 tablets for 20 days before meal. What should I do, and these stains occurred after a RCT treatment of my 2 teeth.
Hello. I am 28 years old. My mouth become dry. And I have a problem of bad breath and gum bleeding also. please give me a suggestion for this. I am very disappoint because of bad breath and dry mouth. Feeling so much embarrassment because of this. please give me a treatment and good product for dry mouth specially.
I have a question from dentist , my linearity of teeths is not periodiacal . What is an estimate cost will be there if I go with the cosmetics , secondly what if I switch to bracels ? is it effective too since its a long procedure I think so and it take times to make unifmrity of teeths .
I am 23 year old. I have ulcer in my mouth. It overcome every month. I have not any type of drug addiction. It overcome every month. It shape is round.
Often regarded as less painful and much milder than more serious diseases like periodontal disease, Gingivitis involves the inflammation, redness, irritation and swelling of your gums. People who suffer from Gingivitis are normally unaware of it because of its mild nature, but it might turn out to be serious in some cases and can lead to periodontitis and tooth loss.
Signs and symptoms
Since Gingivitis is seldom harmful, people who suffer from it are, in most cases, hardly aware of having it. Nevertheless, here are a few signs and symptoms which may indicate that you have Gingivitis:
1. Tender, puffy gums
2. Gums easily bleed whenever you brush or floss your teeth
3. Swollen gums
4. Change in color from a healthy pink to a dusky red
5. Receding gums
6. Bad breath
Gingivitis is most commonly caused by bad oral hygiene and maintenance. Bad oral hygiene usually supports the formation of plaque and tartar. Because plaque forms and re-forms quickly, it requires daily removal. If you don't give your teeth the attention it needs, plaque can further result in the formation of tartar, which is a heavier and denser substance than plaque and acts as a protective barrier for bacteria. It is even more difficult to remove it and you may require dental cleaning.
The main aim of treatment is to reverse the symptoms of Gingivitis and to prevent further development of the disease into more serious dental issues and diseases.
Professional treatment of Gingivitis includes:
1. Initial evaluation and assessment
2. Thorough cleaning with the help of professional dental tools and instruments
3. Instructions on effective flossing and brushing techniques at home
4. Regular cleaning and professional checkups
5. Fixing of crowns and other dental restorations to help prevent the growth of plaque and tartar
If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specilized dentist and ask a free question.