Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Urvashi Chandra
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Prp Hair Transplant
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Urvashi ChandraYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Urvashi Chandra provides answers that are very helpful, helped me improve my health, inspiring, saved my life and well-reasoned. Hello Doctor I've many issues for my health..help me to know how to take care of my health
Dr. Urvashi Chandra provides answers that are very helpful. Thank you so much
Ageing is an irreversible process of human existence. With ageing, your skin will start to show problems and one of them would be the loosening or sagging of skin. While there are many treatments available to counter this problem, one of the most effective and popular methods is laser skin tightening.
In this method, a focused beam of infrared light is used to heat up the collagen under the skin. This triggers collagen growth resulting in the skin becoming tighter, thus, reduces sagging, wrinkles, lines and other blemishes in the process.
Who can go for laser skin tightening?
Laser skin tightening is targeted towards both men and women of any age. Most of the candidates who avail of laser skin tightening are within the age range of 30 to 60 years and have common complaints about skin caused due to age. Some of the problems that laser skin tightening can deal with very well are mentioned as follows:
- Tightening and repairing loose facial skin
- Reducing fine lines all over the body
- Reducing wrinkles all over the body
However, you should know that laser skin tightening will not be able to correct loose facial skin if they form jowls or droopy sacs. In such cases you may need to avail of other surgeries, such as a face lift to correct the laxity of facial skin. You can then follow it up with laser skin tightening to eliminate the remaining wrinkles or lines.
Which of the areas of the body can be treated by laser skin tightening?
This form of treatment has been found to be very effective with skin from all over the body. Some of the areas which can be treated are
- Neck among others
When would laser skin tightening not be applicable?
Laser skin tightening is a very commonly availed procedure all around the world and there are very few risks usually associated with it. However, it is not advisable in certain circumstances:
- If one is prone to having herpes outbreaks
- If anyone has suffered or is currently suffering from skin cancer
- It is not recommended for pregnant women either
Acne scars look bad and often interfere with your bright looks, as they make you feel embarrassed and unfresh. You use more makeup to cover them or avoid going out in order to hide them. However, instead of hiding your face or the scars, you may try these treatment options to remove the scars instead and feel brighter and better.
- Chemical peels: This method involves the application of a chemical peel on the skin. The acid in it removes the superficial skin layer to improve the appearance of the scar. This works well on lighter scars, and a licensed medical practitioner, nurse or cosmetologist can do this procedure.
- Dermabrasion and Microdermabrasion: This technique involves using a high speed brush on the skin to polish the portion of the scar and make that part of the skin even, so that the scar looks lighter. If your skin doctor feels that you don't need serious dermabrasion, then he may use a microdermabrasion where small crystals are sprayed onto the skin surface to remove the skin cells over the scar and improve appearance.
- Fillers: Fillers are used on the skin which gets depressed due to the acne or scars. There are some binding materials like collagen or Hyaluronic acid, which can be injected through an injection, and this keeps the skin smooth, scar free and elevated for some time after which the injection has to be repeated. This has to be a continuous treatment until your skin starts to appear normal again.
- Retinoid creams: The retinoid creams are especially beneficial on scars if applied patiently for a prolonged period. These creams come with little side effects like burning, drying or peeling of the skin, but over a medium to long term application, all scars do get removed.
- Laser treatment: A combination of a few types of laser treatments or just one type depending on the acne stage or redness is used. This smoothens the skin and removes the acne scars by removing skin cells from the area.
- Punch Excisions and Skin grafting: This is a surgical technique. The acne scar can be removed by cutting a portion of the skin, and removing it. Normally, this procedure is combined with skin grafting, where the hole created by the acne is filled up either through stitches, or through grafting of the skin. This is actually the most invasive process to remove scars and only done when you have a serious, permanent and stubborn scar which can't be effectively removed by other techniques.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello, I'm 17 years old and I have blackheads on my nose. I already tried so many tips provided on Internet. But didn't get any response from it. So what should I do now?
I am 40 years female married and have two children, I got pigmentation mark on my face during my first pregnancy about last 10 year back can it be cured now.
I am suffering from chronic constipations and also dandruff. And since few days some parts of my skin on face are getting really dried and flaking. Are these issues interconnected and what should I do to get rid of these?
Quite often we think that we are still quite young to take anti-ageing treatments. Infact we feel offended when our dermatologist suggests one. But what is the right age to do something about it? it is when you think'i used to look better, 5 years back. Which means you are already on the ageing slope and loosing your race with time. So here's a quick look at when to do what.
1. In the 20s to 30s.
This is the age we feel we are loosing glow. So you could go for peels, microdermabrasion, laser facial rejuvenation, prp mesotherapy, and most necessarily botox.
Botox is a treatment to prevent development of wrinkles. So you have to take it before they develop!
2. In the 30s to 40s.
This is when we feel little lines coming around our eyes and mouth or forehead, sagging of face and neck, a heavier jawline and double chin, more visible open pores, and dull complexion. Now is the time to give urself a minifacelift with threads and fillers, remove the lines with botox and fillers, get a visibly radiant complexion with prp or lasers and tighter skin with lasers, dermarollers or ultrasound therapy.
3.40s to 50s.
Now we can see more evident signs of ageing setting in with frown lines, sagging face and neck, wrinkles around mouth, sunken or swollen under-eye area. A nonsurgical facelift is the best option for you to take away the signs of ageing.
So friends, don't wait till age takes its toll on your face and it's too late to reverse things. Act now to win the race!
Hi sir I'm 20 years old there are many pimples on my face by which i'm feeling guilty. What can I do to remove them easily.
I am 21 years old I have male pattern baldness. If I take finasteride for lifelong can I able to prevent baldness for lifelong?
Did you know that gymming can cause hair fall?
This is why.
1. Gymming suddenly increases our body's requirements for nutrition, especially protein. But we don't supplement enough. So all the protein gets diverted to our muscles, leaving nothing for our hair. So make sure you supplement your diet with more eggs and lean chicken, more fruits and veggies, more paneer and soya, fresh juices.
2. Gym instructors often modify our diet a lot. This sudden diet and physical activity modification is stressful for our body. So make sure you go slow and easy. Start with less strenuous exercises.
3. Some gym instructors suggest you take steroid injections to build muscles. This is a strict no no! the hormones will wreck havoc on your hair!
4. Sudden weight loss is again a stressful event for the body. So as I said earlier, go easy with your exercise regimen. Step up gradually. Don't target too much weight loss in a short span.
5. Make sure you get enough rest as well as gymming will make you feel tired initially. And sleep is the time when our body heals.
Keep these points in mind to prevent hair fall.