Lybrate.com has top trusted Ayurvedas from across India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. UrvashiYour feedback matters!
I have pimples on my face. I even took treatment for it and even tried some household remedies but none is working. What should I do to get rid of pimples and black spots on face?
What are the most important signs to look out for in terms of eye damage or dental problems? Is there anything I can do to keep my eyes and teeth as healthy as possible?
When I drink cold water and eat the ice cream then start the pain in my teeth. Why start the pain in my teeth and gum?
I am a 2 3 year old male. I have vertigo on and off along with sounds ringing in my ears. I sometimes encounter nauseating spells. I have no past history of ear disease. I have no past history of medications. No past surgical history. I have no history of any chronic diseases like diabetes and hypertension.
I am having bloated stomach and passing gases (too much) from last two days. I am 45 year old, weigh 80 kg. My maid said her daughter has typhoid, could I hv caught it from my maid?
I am 26 years old and I am suffering from great hair loss and one more thing I want to ask that I am suf.
मे 23 साल का हूँ। मेरे face (specially cheeks)पर छोटे फोड़ो की तरह pimples निकलते हे और वो तब तक रहते ह जब तक पक कर फूट ना जाये ।गर्मियोबमे तो बहुत दिक्कत होती थी but अभी सर्दियो में भी वही same problem हो रही, और shaving ya trimming करवाता हु तो भी pimplesआ जाते है ,मेरी oily skin h. Sir/mam मै भुत परेशान हु please help me as soon as possible please or es time left side cheek pe bhut bda pimples nikla h and I have to go in party tomorrow. To instant relax mil jaye kuchh help kro plz.
My age is 28 .i had take depot provera injection for 9 months before ,completely 9 months I have not came periods ,then what is it solution, please,please help me.
I am having few pimples on my back which are not going away. What should I do to get rid of them. Is it because of heat?
I am 18 years old .i am suffering acne problem .my skin is tanned. Can you suggest healthy diet for me.
I got my teeth broken half and then it so sensitive. I managed that. But then it got small tiny black patches on it and it is getting more and more patches on nearby teeth. Now it is not getting clear. What should I do to remove that small tiny patches?
Dear Sir/ Madam, I am becoming full bald in the crown area. Here is the problem I have faced till now, When I was 18 year old I was having too much of dandruff. When I turned to 22 years I noticed that my scalp becoming black or some brownish type and when ever I scratch that thing to remove it I was loosing too much hair including the root. One day I went to the parlor he suggested me to shave the head, during this saving I could seen the black wax type of thing coming from my head with the hair and the root. Whenever my hair grows again this thing was also generating again and again so I had to shaved my hair for numerous time. And I become almost bald in the crown area. I am not having any past medical history. I am healthy but I feel constipation some time with acidity. Please suggest me what kind of treatment I should follow with the hair.
Excess facial hair growth in a woman results from a condition known as the hirsutism. The growth in hair pattern is exactly similar to that of an adult male. Areas, where abnormal hair growth is visible, are chest, above the lips, etc. These hairs are dark, but fine in nature. They are more commonly known as peach fuzz.
There could be a number of reasons for excess facial hair in a woman:
- Genetic reasons: Women from the Indian sub-continent or Mediterranean region are more likely to have facial hair as compared to their American, European and East-Asian counterparts. One of the common reasons for facial hair growth is genetics. It is a trend that runs in the family, it is more likely that a woman will get it. There is not much that can be done in this case except managing the hair growth effectively.
- Imbalance of the hormone: Abnormal hormone production can lead to hirsutism. In many cases, there are conditions where female starts producing male hormones leading to abnormal hair growth in the face. One of the most common causes of facial hair growth is polycystic ovarian syndrome (POS). This again is a hormonal imbalance leading to facial hair growth. Even adrenal gland related disorders such as Cushing’s syndrome, Adrenal cancer and congenital adrenal hyperplasia can lead to excess hair.
- Medications: Certain medication can lead to excess hair growth in the face. For instance, the certain steroid such as anabolic can lead to excess hair growth. Minoxidil is also known to cause hirsutism if taken in excess of 1 ml per day. Other medication related to testosterone and cyclosporine can lead to excess facial hair in females. It is advised to follow the doctor’s advice before consuming any of these medicines.
- Androgens: Although androgen is a male hormone, it is present in minute quantities in women too. Facial hair increase is nothing, but the sudden increased production of androgen in a female. Even birth control pills can lead to an increased production of androgen in the body. In these cases, it is very important to seek medical advice.
Treatment and remedies:
One should get medical help at the earliest if one of these conditions matches their symptoms:
- The hair growth is sudden and abrupt.
- One witness male features such as increases muscle, acne and reduced breast size.
- Certain medication has led to the hair growth.
- Usage of shaving, plucking and depilatory cream
- Laser hair reduction procedure shows immediate results in stopping and countering any further hair growth.
- Electrolysis can be tried to permanently damage the follicles.
- Weight loss is another good solution to excess hair growth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
What are the reasons for pain near belly button. And also slightly bigger lower abdomen and stomach. All the 8 hpt with the help of preganews came negative. And also 2 beta hcg test were taken from 42 & 63 days after the unprotected sex incident. Also the unprotected sex took place on the 5th day of period. The cycle has always, been regular for past 6 months. Its always 26-33 days. The incident took place in november 2015. And after 18 hrs an I pill was also taken as a precaution. Got bleeding for 2 days after 6 days of I pill intake. Got a normal period in december and january for 4 days. Within 30-33 day gap. But in february had period on the 29th day cycle. But only for 1 day. After that only spotting for 2 days. On 73 days from the november incident a transabdomen ultrasound was taken which showed uterus is anteverted. Empty and measures 8.9cm*4.7cm*3.6cm. So can it be pregnancy or it is something else. Also I do not want to get. Pregnant now. please help me.
I Have Skin Problem in summer dark spot found on my skin and its painful what can I do Please help me.
Hello, my wife's vagina is very loose after delivery. Delivery time 2 year completed, so please suggest any treatment and budget for it.
Cervical spondylosis is fast becoming the bane of modern life. An age-related wear and tear problem affecting the spinal discs in your neck, cervical spondylosis is increasingly affecting the young because of the use of cell phones, laptops and the like.
Cervical spondylosis is a general term used to define shrinkage of discs in between vertebrae in the neck region. Along with disc degeneration, bony projections also form in the area and are called bone spurs.
Other causes of cervical spondylosis are dehydrated discs. Discs are thick, pad-like cushions in between vertebrae that act as shock absorbers. They are made of a gel- like material that can dry over time. This causes the spinal vertebrae to rub together causing pain. The discs also crack which allows the internal gel-like material to spill out and impinge on spinal nerves causing symptoms.
There is a narrowing of the space required by the spinal cord and nerves that emanate in the upper spine to go to various parts of the body. Pinching of these nerves can cause alarming symptoms like:
- Numbness and weakness in your arms, hands, legs and feet
- Lack of coordination and difficulty in walking
- Loss of bladder or bowel movement
- Stiffness and pain in neck
Treatment and management
Usually, cervical spondylosis doesn’t cause any symptoms. But when you start experiencing pain, stiffness and weakness of muscles, it’s best to go to a doctor who will diagnose the problem and then treat it.
Treatment for cervical spondylosis depends on the severity of your symptoms. Its goal is to get rid of pain, allow you to carry on your daily activities and prevent any permanent damage to your spinal cord and nerves.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs are prescribed to reduce pain and inflammation. Example Ibuprofen.
- Corticosteroids are oral medications to get rid of the severe pain. If these don’t work, your doctor can suggest steroid injections.
- Muscle relaxants medicines relax the muscles in the upper part of the spine and help in curing neck pain and stiffness
- Anti-seizure medications are also prescribed to dull the pain of damaged nerves in the spine. These include epilepsy medications, such as gabapentin and pregabalin.
- Non surgical treatments are usually very effective in treating cervical spondylosis and surgery is usually not required. Physiotherapy is a bulwark for patients as it helps manage the condition very well.
- Neck exercises that help stretch and strengthen muscles in your neck and shoulders can help manage debilitating symptoms of cervical spondylosis.
- Few patients also benefit from traction, which can help provide more space for nerve roots within the spine.
- Surgery is the last resort for treating cervical spondylosis.
- It is suggested when non-surgical treatments fail and the pain and neurological signs such as weakness in your arms or legs get worse.
- It is done to create more room for your spinal cord and nerve roots.
Cervical spondylosis surgery typically involves removing:
- Herniated disk
- Bone spurs
- Part of a vertebra.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.