Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Urmila KshayapYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor. I got job in railway as loco pilot in which A-1 grade eyesight is required. Last year I have checked my eyesight and it's 6/6.but I was working in a private company since one year in day and night shifts. Sometimes worked 24 hrs continuously which sometimes strained me. Now I had a eye test in next month from railway. I was afraid of the test. If the eyesight is not 6/6 they will reject me. So how can I improve my eyesight to 6/6? What should I eat regularly? What I should not eat and avoid? Is there is any tablets to improve eyesight? Pls help me.
Sir my exams round the corner I need more study. When I was going to study I only read only 1 hour after that I can't concentrate on my study What I can do I have always pain or stress in my body what the problem when I was studying more than one hour then my head eye pain Mostly chest pain not properly breath dum sa lagta h How can I always fit and fine mentally or physical I wanted more growth in my life but these problems is break down me Please give me best solutions hope you will provide me many ans.
My eyesight is - 5.5 and it still is increasing I don't know what to do I have shown in many hospitals like cmc but nothing works.
I felt somewhat in my right side of the body. I can't lift anything in my right hand. And something to right leg also. My right side backbone also too much paining while I am sitting. When I waked up my right eye was different feel and it feels pressure to open. I can't eat properly its vomiting feel for all time. Please help my problems.
My right eye head (near neck) and right side teeths r paining from couple of days. What might be it?
My eye sight is weak I have problem to see at some far I disabled to see words on black bord in my college what should I do.
My eyelid are stick each other, they not separate, many times wash but not enough effect. What should I do? How to clean my eye & eyelid?
When the eye does not produce the required amount of tears, a condition called dry eyes may emanate. This condition may cause stinging, pain, itching, redness and a host of other symptoms that make normal vision a temporary problem. Also, one might experience difficulty in wearing contact lenses and may feel as if there is are particles trapped within the eyes. Night time driving and facing glares of light also becomes difficult in such cases. Cases where the symptoms have been going on for a prolonged period, must be referred to an ophthalmologist so as to get the correct treatment.
Let us find out the various types of treatment for this condition:
- Medication: A variety of drugs and medication can be used to bring down the inflammation which is the basic cause behind the lack of tears and oil secretion along the edge of the eye, which leads to poor lubrication of the eyes. Oral antibiotics can take care of any underlying infection that may have led to this condition while eye drops and ointments can be used to bring down the swelling.
- Corneal Inflammation: Many times, the cornea may face inflammation which can be fixed with the help of eye drops that work by releasing their immune suppressing element. These eye drops may contain cyclosporine or corticosteroids which can help in fixing this kind of swelling. One important thing to remember is that these corticosteroids are not good for long term use.
- Eye Inserts for Artificial Tears: A tiny eye insert can be used to create artificial tears in case your condition goes from mild to moderate and is not too severe. This eye insert resembles a miniscule grain or rice and usually dissolves gradually to release an eye drop like substance in the eye.
- Tear Stimulators: This kind of medication like Cholinergics, helps in tear production. These are available as pills, drops and ointments.
- Surgical Procedures: From closing your ducts for bringing down tear loss to using special contact lenses specially designed for people who are suffering from dry eyes and unblocking the oil glands, there are a number of surgical procedures that one can use for fixing this problem.
- Home Remedies: One can also make use of some home remedies in order to combat dry eyes. The use of a warm washcloth for a few minutes every day can stimulate the tear ducts and oil glands, while a mild soap for the eyelids can also remove the particles clogging the eyelids.
Speak with an ophthalmologist about the various options that one can use in order to fix this problem depending on the severity of your case.
If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a specilized opthamologist and ask a free question.
There raise a pain in my head when I do work like travelling, walking, doing work which need enough eye vision suppose writing though my eye vision is 6/6.This pain earlier happened slowly to high depending on continuance of above activity but now it is happening mostly with me and does not allow me to sleep. If I become able to sleep more time it get down. Kindly tell me the clinic where I can go to check up because I belong to EWS category hence cannot afford high medical expense.
Hi I'm 24 years old, I get frequent headaches mostly on the right side. Whenever I go outside and face sunlight for ten minutes, I get headaches. I have already consulted an eye specialist and he said there is no eye problem. Is it normal headache or some sort of major symptom of anything? Kindly reply me with some solution. Thank you.
A cataract usually forms in the eyes due to clouding of the naturally clear lens that coats the eyes.This coating is usually a matter of age advancement or any other injury that the eyes may have sustained. It may also be a birth defect that a baby may be born with. There are various ways to deal with this debilitating condition.
One of the methods of treatment includes cataract surgery. Read on to find out more about this form of treatment:
- Procedure: During this surgery, the ophthalmologist will remove the cloudy lens and clean it before replacing it with a man-made lens.The technique followed for this procedure is known as phacoemulsification which involves a small cut or incision for the cataract surgery. The incision helps the doctor in liquefying and then vacuuming the centre portion of the lens, which is slightly harder than the rest of the lens.
- Device: The doctor will usually administer anaesthesia first and then make the tiny incision on one side of the cornea. Thereafter, an instrument or device will be inserted through this opening to send out ultrasonic vibrations to the eye. These vibrations will help in breaking the lens into tiny pieces. These fragments will be removed with the help of a suction that will go in through the tiny cut. This cut may also be made with the help of a laser beam.
- New Lens: Once the fragments of the old lens have been cleared, the doctor will go about the process of inserting the new man made lens which is usually made up of clear plastic, acrylic or even silicon, and is known as IOL or intraocular lens. This process is generally termed as intraocular lens implantation.
- Improved Vision: With the help of the new lens, the patient will now enjoy better vision and a visible decline in the symptoms of the cataract including problems in night driving.
- Convenient: This procedure usually takes about an hour and is an outpatient procedure. It is a completely safe procedure where numbing drops are placed on the eye so as to reduce any pain significantly. The doctor will usually give you a novocaine injection around the eye. Also, cataracts from both eyes will not be removed on the same day, and the doctor will schedule you for cataract removal from the second eye for another day.
- Aftermath: After the surgery is over, it is normal to feel some amount of irritation in the eye. If this irritation is persistent, you must see a doctor about it.
Painkillers like acetaminophen and ibuprofen can be used to recover from the pain after the surgery. Ask an ophthalmologist about other measures.