Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Urmila GroverYour feedback matters!
When I am talking with some one I get saliva in my mouth with this words goes wrong give me suggestions to cure it.
I had a lower right wisdom tooth removal 3 months ago and till now i am felling numbness in my lower lip and chin. I consult with the dentist and he suggests me to take a2z vitamin capsules 1 everyday until the problem resolved. My question is what is the problem with me and how can i recover from it? Is there any other medicines or process to recover from it?
I have removed my wisdom teeth in january, but still I feel some leakage of fluids in my wisdom teeth place. I have applied many gels. I am a diabetic too. (During removal of teeth doctor has used hammer for removal. Please help.
My age is twenty I have teeth problem when I eat cold food my teeth is created so pain sensitive. please help what can I do?
Poor dental habits often invariably lead to complicated dental issues and hence expensive treatments. And, to maintain the general good health of your teeth, brushing is not enough. It is very important to regularly floss too.
Difference between brushing and flossing: For those who consider brushing and flossing to be similar, here is where the difference lies. While you brush your teeth, it's only the surface that gets cleaned. But the dirt that gets accumulated between the gaps of your teeth can only be cleaned by using a thin nylon thread, and that process is known as flossing. Avoiding flossing can lead to cavities and decay and also gum diseases at times.
Benefits of Flossing:
- Reduces the risk of heart diseases: Periodontal diseases, that is, diseases of the teeth, gums and mouth, can lead to heart diseases. Thus maintaining oral health can reduce the risk of any major ailments manifold. It can also help you to avoid the risk of diabetes and high body mass index.
- Cleaner breath: Flossing cleans the dirt between the teeth that gets accumulated when we eat. The accumulated food, if not taken out, starts decaying and creates bacteria and results in bad breath, leaving a bad impression.
- Cleaner and glossier teeth: Flossing regularly keeps your teeth clean and white. It also makes your teeth gleam, making your smile more attractive.
- Keeps you healthy while you are pregnant: During pregnancy, some women suffer from enamel wear and gum diseases. Thus, flossing regularly even while you are pregnant can help you maintain your dental health.
Types of dental floss:
- Waxed and unwaxed dental floss: Waxed dental floss is much smoother than the unwaxed version, and as a result, moves more easily between the teeth. On the other hand, unwaxed dental floss can be a little rough to use in the beginning.
- Teflon floss: Made of Teflon, this type of floss is extremely easy to navigate between the teeth and rarely gets stuck between teeth.
- Thread floss: This one works just like the other flosses, but is simply made of a different material, that is, nylon.
- Tape Floss: As compared to the other type of flosses, this particular floss is a little thick and is suitable for people who have wider gaps between their teeth.
You can also stick to flossing aids for maintaining proper dental hygiene. They are usually perfect for people who find the conventional forms difficult to adapt to. However, such aids may be more expensive than regular flosses.
You can also use a toothpick or an interdental brush in case you wish to avoid flossing. Just make sure that the dirt comes out, no matter which method you take up! Keep Smiling!
We all love a set of perfectly aligned teeth to show off when we smile. Many get braces done to get this straight set of teeth. However, many people find it mysterious that their teeth have suddenly started to crowd. Somebody could even be in their late 20s, well past their growing years, and suddenly realize that there is crowding setting in for the last few months. It poses a big cosmetic problem and also affects the way teeth bite with each other.
Causes: The sudden appearance of crowding seems very mysterious. However, in most people, there is no exact reason to pinpoint and it seems it is hereditary and genetic. Despite having braces done, there is sudden crowding after the growing years are over. Though an exact correlation has not been established, it is believed that strange habits of people not related to their mouth at all causes tooth crowding. Regular pressure on the mouth by either placing the face on the head or sleeping on the belly puts a constant pressure on the mouth and leads to crowding over a prolonged period of time.
The most logical explanation is however, what is termed as ‘physiologic mesial drift’. By nature, the teeth have a constant, very gradual movement towards the incisors which is the midpoint of the jaw. Given this inherent quality, there is mild constant pressure from the molars towards the incisors and this is what leads to crowding. Stronger jaw bones may slow the process, but it is not yet proven. This physiologic mesial drift is the reason why the lower front teeth are the most common area of crowding.
Management: The earlier the dentist intervenes, the shorter the treatment duration and the quicker the correction. Radiographs and models would be required to identify the problem completely. The bite with the upper teeth needs to be assessed though to make sure it is not very deep. The age of the person also determine the results.
Mild to moderate crowding in this area can be managed with just a lower brace for about 5 to 10 months. In some cases, even an upper brace would be required. In cases of severe crowding, some cases even presenting with two rows of teeth, some teeth definitely have to be removed and the remaining teeth need to be aligned and the extra spaces closed. Severe crowding may also require you to wear a retained for a long period. This could be placed on the inner side (tongue or palatal side) to improve cosmetic effect.
There is no need to panic when you realize the teeth are crowding, there is definitely a way to flash that bright smile again!