Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Allergist/Immunologists in India. You will find Allergist/Immunologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Allergist/Immunologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Upendra GamiYour feedback matters!
How can I improve my immune system with normal food and I also smoke 5 cigarettes a day and I want to put on weight is smoking a problem. And also I often catch cold is there any problem. Should I quit smoking i'm 20 years old.
Sir, I have respiratory problem (bronotic astma) present using astalin inhaler at the least twice in a day. Please tell me permanent solution without inhalers.
Is there any cure for allergic asthma or swelling of bronchi intermittently? If yes, then what type of cure? Please tell me.
Regular sinusal discharge since six months alcoholism was also there dark circles around eyes hunger for food is good weight increased from 85 to 95 Stamina okay had a dog bite six days back by a stray female dog only a drop of blood came out TT vaccine taken rabies vac was allergic did not take the rabies vac can I still take vac or is it a gone case or my immunity can help.
As we know immune system should be strong for healthy. But how can we make healthy? What should be diet? Is exercise perfect or not?
I am 20 years old boy and I have suffering from athma and its too pain ful for my chest. And I don't know that what should I do?
I got cold when I get in contact of dust. What should I do to prevent this. Or which one medicine should I take for this?
The inflammations of the lining in the bronchial tubes, which are responsible for carrying air from and to your lungs are known as bronchitis. It is a respiratory disease and more than a million cases are reported each year. Bronchitis requires medical diagnosis by your healthcare provider and can be chronic or acute. Cold or other respiratory infections can cause acute bronchitis whereas smoking leads to chronic bronchitis. Acute bronchitis usually lasts for few days but with persistent cough. Whereas, chronic bronchitis can be responsible for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
Symptoms of bronchitis:
The symptoms common to both acute and chronic bronchitis are given below:
- Cough which may form mucus
- Body aches and breathlessness
- Headaches, blocked nose and sinuses
- Fever with chills
The diagnosis of bronchitis is done by your doctor who will ask you about your cough. Some other questions may include your medical history, about smoking or whether you have had cases of flu or cold recently.
Treatment for bronchitis:
Your doctor will mainly recommend pain relievers and cough syrup along with warm air to breathe mainly at indoors. However your doctor may prescribe the following medications in cases of severe bronchitis:
- Cough medicine: These medicines will help to remove mucus and irritants from your lungs. Medicines may not be able to suppress the symptoms completely but will give you relief from pain.
- Bronchodilators: Which clears out the mucus by opening your bronchial tubes.
- Mucolytics: These helps loosen mucus in the airways and help to cough up sputum.
- Oxygen therapy: It will help to improve the oxygen intake when you face difficulty in breathing.
- Therapy: Pulmonary program will include a therapist who would work to improve your breathing.
- Medicines: Using anti inflammatory medicines to reduce damage to your lungs tissue and to also avoid chronic inflammation.
Prevention of bronchitis:
Acute and chronic bronchitis can be reduced by the following measures; however, they cannot be completely prevented:
- Avoiding dust, smoke, and air pollution. You can always wear a mask when you are on the road or in traffic.
- Washing your hands often to avoid germs and infections.
- Avoiding smoking as it can cause harmful damage to your lungs.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.