Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Upasna Bhagat
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Upasna BhagatYour feedback matters!
She is a good doctor
Obesity is the state of being overweight. When excess fat accumulates in different parts of the body, it can lead to such a condition. Simply put, when the intake of calories exceeds the amount of calories burned, the extra calories get stored in the body in the form of fat. As per a recent study published in the British medical journal, the Lancet, there were 20 million obese women in India in 2014 as compared to 9.8 million obese men.
Causes of obesity: Accumulated fat leads to excessive weight gain which may occur due to a coalition of many factors such as a sedentary lifestyle, lack of physical exercise or improper eating habits. Although a host of involuntary causes such as genetics, hormonal and environmental factors can also lead to such. Recent studies have even concluded that endocrine disorders and medications comprising of psychotic drugs, estrogens, insulin and other such are also likely to lead to obesity.
Symptoms of obesity: Apparent symptoms of obesity include excess body fat, occasional shortness of breath, unwarranted sweating with a foul odor and persistent fatigue. These conditions also lead to further complications like diabetes, infertility and hypertension to name a few.
How to manage obesity with Ayurveda?
In Ayurvedic terms, obesity is called Medarog, which is caused when the Kapha is triggered. A dense, sticky, wet, heavy humor which manages all structure and lubrication in both the mind and the body is known as Kapha. Kapha provides nourishment to the various tissues of the body through several micro channels but when aggravated it leads to the production of toxins which are dense and heavy and subsequently block these micro channels. These toxins heap up in the micro channels and cause a drastic increase in the production of fat tissues, consequently causing an increase in weight. By abolishing foods that aggravate the Kapha from one's diet, people may treat obesity.
The next step would include cleansing the fat tissues using different herbs. Avoiding oily, fried and processed food is highly advisable. Avoiding foods rich in carbohydrates such as potato and polished rice also helps. Increased consumption of greens and fruits helps restore stability and when coupled with exercise, it can be a relatively quick fix to overcome obesity.
Am diabetic and still dont have kids.i have hypothyroidism and also my periods are not regular.i want to have kids.
My cycle is irregular, and my last cycle is November 10th, and I take the I pill on November 23rd within one hour after the intercourse, and bleeding came on November 29, and lost after five days on December 4th, is that period or what. And when my next cycle came, I am normal now, I am not pregnant.
Agoraphobia can be defined as the fear of being in a situation from which one cannot escape or a situation that humiliates the person. This causes people to avoid situations that they anticipate to be humiliating. Such a situation makes the person feel trapped and helpless. Everyday situations like standing in a queue, getting into an elevator, using public transport etc. can trigger Agoraphobia.
Agoraphobia affects more women than men. It usually affects people under the age of 35, but can sometimes affect older people as well. Having a relative in the immediate family circle that suffers from this condition can also increase a person's risk of suffering from it as well. Additionally, the death of a parent or loved one or domestic abuse could also trigger such behavior. Depression and alcohol or drug abuse could also increase a person's risk of suffering from this psychological disorder.
This phobia usually develops after a person experiences panic attacks or goes through an extremely stressful experience. Some typical symptoms of Agoraphobia include:
- The fear of being alone
- Fear of crowded places
- Fear of being in locked places from where you cannot escape
- Fear of losing control of one's actions
- Inability to leave the house alone
- Being overly dependent on others
An in depth interview with a counselor or doctor can help diagnose such a condition. A physical examination can also help rule out other health conditions that could be triggering such a reaction. To be diagnosed with Agoraphobia the patient needs to present at least two of the below symptoms:
- Severe fear of public transportation
- Fear of being in an open space such as a parking lot or mall
- Fear of being in closed spaces such as movie halls or elevators
- Fear of standing in line
- Fear of being in a crowd
- Fear of leaving home alone
Treatment for such a condition involves medication and psychotherapy. Anti depressants and anti anxiety medications are commonly used to treat such disorders. There are a number of different types of such medication and you may need to experiment with them before finding one that suits you. Psychotherapy or talk therapy focuses on cognitive behavioral therapy that reduces anxiety symptoms and teaches patients how to deal with fears. If you fear leaving the home alone, you could take someone along with you or consult a therapist who can offer you telephonic advice, through email or meet you at your home.
My wife got pregnant second time after 7 years, my first delivery done with operation. Is there are chances of normal delivery because there is difference of 7 years between two pregnancies.
The activity of delaying or putting off something is known as procrastination. Even the best individuals battle with it consistently. However, some people accomplish something that the majority of us do not- they push past it. They do not permit it to influence their work. They develop brilliant and beneficial techniques to break past mental obstructions and remain productive. Here are a few ways with which you can beat procrastination:
- Try to start: Starting something can be very difficult. However, in case that you can get over that part, you will have some level of energy. Even your brain will probably goad you to continue dealing with the task. This happens because of a mental phenomenon called the Zeigarnik impact. It says that unfinished tasks will probably stay in your memory. This is exactly why planned things and to-do lists consistently appear in your mind until you finish them.
- Separate huge tasks into smaller assignments: Enormous tasks can frighten you, so you put them off. By taking that huge task and separating it into smaller assignments, you can decrease your burden make a start. This could include concentrating on one part of the research to begin with.
- Ask yourself “why?”: It is easier to inspire yourself to accomplish something you value. In case you are attempting to complete something, why not spend a couple of minutes asking yourself precisely why you need to do it and why it is so important to you. Weighing out the positives and negatives of the task and its benefits for you, can make you decide and perform better.
- Attempt to take a break: For those who procrastinate out of having worked too much, it does not mean you have to complete the task at once. This is known as the "sunk cost bias." The "sunk cost bias" influences players, speculators, and even a procrastinator. They feel that the task will need to be completed now and cannot be completed in the future. In some cases, a task simply does not mean you have to work on it more and more after hours.
- Go easy on yourself: To beat procrastination, you should be strict with yourself. However, that is not what science says. In case that you have procrastinated till now, you will probably begin on time going ahead. You need to show yourself some sympathy for your previous laziness instead of thrashing yourself about it.
Self-control is an important quality many successful individuals have. Having self-control permits you to carefully understand why you are procrastinating and can likewise, work towards it. When you understand why you are doing so, it will be easier for you to make a plan to beat it. This will allow you to see the underlying cause of your problem as well.
I am 19 female I had sex 3 months back and now i.missed my period are they chances to get pregnancy Can I get off if it's pregnancy.
First of all, if you want to get results in garbha sanskar, you must believe in garbha sanskar. It is a method to plan your precious babies, health, smartness, colour, mental activity and other as best. For that both parents will mentally prepare and do planning for pregancy in good season. Before pregnancy, do ayurvedic panchakarma therapy for detoxification and rejuvenation of whole body. Then take proper diet and proper medicine according to your prakruti, then do some meditation yoga, spirutial activity to remove impurities in mind from both the parents. Select good days for conception and clean place, then take schedule of 9 months. Ayurvedic remedies for mother has to be followed for good development of features to avoid complication during pregnacy. During 9 months of pregnancy, there is reform structure to mother what to avoid? What to eat? How to behave? A number of parents take benefits of garbha sanskar and believe in that.