Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Upasna BhagatYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor I have pcod problem that have multiple ovarian cyst 4 mm to 7 mm size any pills for regulating periods for medicines please tell me medicines name and side effects and how much months I have to take that pill for regulating periods please tell me waiting.
Hello. I recently got married and we are trying to conceive ever since. I missed my period and its been 5 days since. We did a home pregnancy urine test with VELOCIT with the first urine of the morning. However the device showed as negative. What should I do. Should I get a blood test done to determine pregnancy?
I'm 36 yrs nd expecting my 2nd pregnancy of 10 weeks I felt pain in my lower abdomin specially lower part of left side .
Hi, I am 22 years old. Before 2 years ago I had sex with my boy friend during that time I got pregnant 2 times and I take pills to abode it due to those pills I suffered with lot of pain an d so much bleeding due to which I losesweith ,hair fall and nad bad health condition. After this I am worried now that is there is any problem to conceive again with me because now i'm very week and become thin and not gaining weight also and my menses are very short for just 2 to 3 days only. I want to recover my self again for good health and better mind. please suggest me best. I have undergone for a medical test of feritin level that is just 19 only according to reports.
I'm suffering from severe pain in Lower and upper stomach My periods is late in this month and I can't be able to sleep with this pain doctor recommended me medicines and in ulta sound it's be cyst. Left Overy shows cyst of size 3.4×3.5 cm with free fluid in pod? Pid I'm working person. I can't be able to go daily office What will I do. I must be to bed rest or what should I do please ans me.
Can Drinking lemon and honey lukewarm water cause any gynec problem or it may reduce the size of the uterus?
Maybe you're just really eager to get pregnant, or maybe you want your baby's birth to happen at a specific time.
Please note that you can not predict a time frame and sometimes it takes time to conceive. Have patience and here are some tips which can help:
The biggest secret to getting pregnant faster is knowing when you ovulate (release an egg from your ovary). Think of the egg as a bull's-eye and the sperm as arrows. One of the arrows has to hit the bull's-eye in order for you to get pregnant. If you notice that you have irregular periods over the course of several months, pinpointing ovulation could be difficult. Ask your doctor for advice.
Once you know when your egg will be released from your ovary, you can plan to have sex during your most fertile days: from three days before ovulation through the day of ovulation. (Starting a little sooner can't hurt; some women have gotten pregnant from sex that happened six days before they ovulated.)
If you have a regular cycle of 28 days, days 12 to 16 days are said to be a woman's most fertile period counting from the first day of cycle.
Sperm have their best shot at fertilizing an egg when they're healthy, strong, and plentiful. Several things can help your partner get his sperm supply in fighting shape:
- Cut back on alcohol (studies show that drinking daily can reduce testosterone levels and sperm counts and raise the number of abnormal sperm)
- Quit tobacco and recreational drugs (these can cause poor sperm function)
- Eat enough of certain key nutrients – like zinc, folic acid, calcium, and vitamins C and D – that help create plentiful, strong, wiggly sperm
- Avoid hot tubs, saunas, and hot baths, since heat kills sperm.
I experience excessive pain during menstrual cycle. Sometimes it comes irregularly. I feel pain at the lower part of my stomach. And sometimes pain start one day prior to my period s and last for 2-3 days. I take nemo md 100 mg medicine for 3 days. 1 day prior to period and then for 2 days in period. Is it ok?
My wife is pregnant for one month, and both we do not want a baby now, what to do. Please reply asap, we are very tensed.
I am planning for baby and In last month period date of my wife was 22 Feb but in march date extended to 29 March and so I am very confuse on which date I start sex with my wife Pl tell me becoz in last month I considered next period will be on 22 March and done sex as per minus 14 days but period came on 29 March Pl tell me exact date to start sex becoz we want baby.
We are planning for our first baby since 6 months. Now we took some tests as per advise from doctor. I took semen analysis test and everything is normal and 80% motile My wife took hsg test and doctor did not find any issues. Please advise us what further should we do.
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome or PCOS is a common hormonal disorder, which occurs in almost every women aged 18 to 24. In PCOS, the level of male hormones that is androgens are more than normal limits. In other women it is present in smaller quantities. And increase in such levels, cause delay and disturbances with your menstrual cycle. The main cause of this disorder is however, not known, but it generally runs in genes. The symptoms start generally early after your menarche. Obesity is another factor which causes PCOS.
Some of the signs and symptoms of PCOS are:
- Irregular menstrual cycle
- Cysts in the ovaries
- Excess male hormones
- Skin discolorations
Homeopathy focuses on treating and curing the main cause of PCOS and it is therefore one of the best alternatives. Given below are some of the best homeopathic medicines for the treatment of PCOS:
- Apis Mellifica: If you are suffering from PCOS with a stinging pain in the ovarian region, Apis Mellifica is one of the best homeopathic medicine for you. The pain is accompanied by tenderness over the abdomen and uterine region.
- Pulsatilla: You can take Pulsatilla if your periods are late and scanty. You usually feel thirst less. You also suffer from mood swings. You might feel happy at one moment and sad the very next moment. You may as well feel irritated.
- Sepia: Sepia is one of the homeopathic medicines in treating PCOS when pain bears down in the lower back and abdomen. Your periods are irregular, either too early or too late.
- Lachesis: If you have an aversion of wearing anything tight, Lachesis is a pretty good homeopathic remedy for you. Your periods can slow down your periods due to weak flow. The pain in the abdomen are relieved once your flow starts. Jealousy is another common symptom.
- Graphites: Graphites is one of the best homeopathic medicine if you have PCOS along with constipation. You generally have a stout build up. You feel chilly most of the time with a tearing pain in the stomach region.
The top 5 reasons to eat broccoli are:
1) A high intake of broccoli has been found to reduce the risk of aggressive prostate cancer and may also help prevent heart disease.
2) Averaging just four weekly servings of veggies like broccoli, cabbage, and cauliflower slashed the risk of dying from any disease by 26% among 6,100 people studied for 28 years.
3) Broccoli contains a flavonoid called kaempferol which has anti-inflammatory properties. This makes broccoli potentially useful in assisting with chronic inflammatory ailments, such as arthritis or gout.
4) This dark green veg also helps your body absorb vitamin D. This is due to broccoli’s high levels of of vitamins A and K, which both aid in the healthy absorption of vitamin D.
5) Broccoli may have a positive impact on our body's ability to naturally detox. This is possibly due to three phytonutrients found in unique combination in broccoli - glucoraphanin, gluconasturtiian, and glucobrassicin. This nutritional trio is able to support all steps in body's detox process, including neutralization and elimination of unwanted contaminants.
How to eat broccoli?
Broccoli is usually boiled or steamed but may be eaten raw and has become popular as a raw vegetable in hors d'œuvre trays.
As the benefits of broccoli are thought to greatly reduce if boiled, light steaming is a far healthier way of cooking it. Scientists have also discovered that steaming broccoli lightly releases the maximum amount of sulforaphane.