Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Upasana
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. UpasanaYour feedback matters!
I seem to have developed a bump near my vagina (not on it). My periods has not happened and has been a week since my date. Should I be worried? What does this bump mean? I am an active person, have not had sexual intercourse with anyone and have never had my periods delayed before.
Post-pregnancy weight can be difficult to get rid of. It is a gradual process and often takes time. Experts are of the view that hormonal imbalance and a sudden increase in the diet are the major cause of the additional weight. This being said, shedding weight is possible if a consistent effort is made on a daily basis. Here is a list of hat tips to get you started:
- Walk every day: Walking 5 minutes a day does the world of good in the endeavor of shedding weight. Post the 6-week check-up after the arrival of the baby, the duration of walking can be increased. Brisk walking for half an hour can help the body to weight as much as 300 calories a day.
- Weight training- Weight training is one of the best forms of exercise to lose weight quickly. If hitting a gym is a problem, a personal trainer can be hired for working out. Certain exercises such as lifting small weights, doing lunges is a good way to start.
- Breastfeed: Breastfeeding for a time duration of 30-45 minutes (about3-4 times a day) helps to lose 600-800 calories per day. Some women even report of shedding all their extra weight just through breastfeeding. This is by far the easiest way of losing weight.
- Say no to calories- Calories, by all means, will have to be avoided. Certain fast food items such as soda, chocolate, and chips should not be consumed at all. Instead, meals rich in nutrient, fresh vegetable, fruits, whole grains etc. should be consumed on a daily basis.
- Frequent meals- 2 to 3 heavy meals a day are detrimental to a person trying to shed weight. Frequent meals, on the other hand, maintain a steady blood sugar level, reduce the tendency of over-eating and do not let fat store in the body.
- Frequent naps- Studies show that frequent naps can help a great deal of weight. It reduces the craving of eating food with high calorie. It also revitalizes the metabolism and refrains a person from long term self-deprivation. Naps will also help to gather enough energy to perform other physical activities.
- Healthy snacks- Home-made snacks containing whole wheat, low-fat milk and yogurt are good snack options for post pregnancy weight loss. These snacks block hormones that are responsible for storage of fat in the body.
- Yoga or meditation- Yoga has proved to be extremely effective for women trying to shed post-pregnancy weight. It especially helps in toning down the fat in the upper and lower abdomen which is extremely difficult to get rid of. Yoga also relaxes the mind and helps to focus more.
- Consumption of warm water- Drinking warm water after every meal serves two purposes.
- It doesn’t let the fat store inside the body.
- It helps in better digestion. It has to be ensured that the water is mildly warm and drinkable.
- Avoid stress- Nurturing a baby is exhausting enough. Stress on top of this can be disastrous. It leads to depression resulting into junk eating. It has to be ensured that stress is avoided by engaging in activities such as cooking, painting or listening to music.
I got aborted in fifth month recently two months back, now wen can I plan for my second baby Please guide me.
Hii. Actually I have take abortion pill after 16th day of unprotected intercourse and before this on 2nd Dec I have took unwanted 72 on 2nd day of intercourse. So my problem is that I have no periods still. It just to complete 4 months. So plzz. Suggest me what should I do. Does I'm pregnant sir and mam.
Infertility is a cause for concern. Nevertheless, for a substantial percentage of men and women with reproductive disorders, adopting changes in lifestyle, healthy exercise and dietary habits, reducing stress levels along with appropriate herbal supplementation can help overcome infertility.
It is pretty tough to try and conceive when you do not even desire to make love. If you find that you sex life is lacking spark, you may need to consider herbs that have been found to increase sexual desire. These herbs promote healthy circulation to the reproductive organs.
1. Damiana dried leaves and stems (Turnera diffusa):-
A female aphrodesiac, damiana has been used for centuries to help increase circulation to the reproductive system as well as increase sexual pleasure.
2. Epimedium also known as Horny goat weed or Yin Yang Huo (Epimedium grandiflorum):-
A wonderful all-natural substitute for Viagra, horny goat weed has been known to increase male virility and give men longer and harder erections.
3. Maca root (Lepidium meyenii):-
Increase sexual desire in both men and women by increasing blood flow to the pelvic region; increasing vaginal secretions in women and enhancing testosterone levels in men.
4. Muira Puama bark and root (Ptychopetalum olacoides):-
Shown to support healthy erection and male fertility. Increases libido in men.
5. Saffron stigma and styles (Crocus sativus):-
Used by the ancient Egyptians to increase their sex drive, Saffron is a powerful herb that works to increase blood flow to the pelvic area, which ultimately boosts sexual feelings in both sexes. Very expensive, yet said to be very effective.
6. Tribulus, aerial parts and fruit (Tribulus terrestris):-
A great uro-genital tonic, Tribulus works in both men and women. How? It helps to raise sexual energy and supports a larger, harder erection of the penis by enhancing circulation and blow flow to the area. Overall fertility tonic for male and female reproductive system.
7. Vitex, Chaste tree berry, (Vitex agnus-castus):-
Known as an all-around female reproductive enhancer, Vitex has been used to treat many female issues, including lethargic libido. Able to increase circulation to the genitals, Vitex will also increase vaginal mucus to enhance sexual sensation and improve a woman’s energy levels.
8. Yohimbe bark (Pausinystalia yohimbe):-
Supports healthy circulation to the male reproductive organs. Yohimbe has been shown to help sustain erection and may help to make erection firmer. This herb also supports healthy libido.
Hello Doctor, I am 4 months pregnant. Is it advisable and safe to have sex during pregnancy? We don't use condoms. Is it harmful? Please advise me some do's and don'ts. Thank you.
My girlfriend is being diagnosed with pelvic inflammatory disease. She is in her 3rd week of medication. She usually get her periods on 12th but this time she saying that shes not feeling it from inside and my not get it on time. The medicines are taxim (antibiotic, gramocef,combiflam and pan 40. Is it possible that her periods could be delayed because of the medicines? Please advice. your advice will be appreciated.
Hi, I am newly married. My wife was having normal mensuration cycle But this time its been 37 days she din had periods. We have always used precaution while having physical relation. We have also tested Pregnancy test and it is negative. Kindly suggest what to do and what can be reason.
This is my humble attempt to answer the questions and accusations hurled at Homeopaths time and again. Here we go to begin with PART - I...
Q. 1. Does HOMEOPATHY act slowly?
ANS.1 The notion "Homoeopathy acts slowly?" or " HOMEOPATHY takes long time to show results." is baseless. In acute illnesses if remedy is selected accurately, its effect is almost magical. In chronic illnesses, time taken is relative to the duration of illness.
Q. 2. Why a detailed history is needed for homeopathic treatment?
ANS.2. Long interviews/Detailed history have their use, as HOMEOPATHY wants to go into your deep study, by considering your immediate sufferings, your past illnesses, your hereditary tendencies and family history, your emotional status as a whole - during illness and otherwise, your liking and disliking in food, drink, temperature, weather etc and many more things to select an appropriate remedy to stimulate your immune system as a whole to make you disease- free totally.
Q. 3. I am not having any specific disease. Can I take homeopathic treatment for increasing my immunity level?
ANS.3. Buddy, if you are healthy why do you want medication. BUT, I understand the bottomline of your question and it is the human nature to improve upon the existing condition. If we can demarcate any such parameter by which it can be substantiated that your immunity level has increased, YES, homoeopathy has the potential to do so.
Q. 4. My disease is not yet diagnosed. Can homeopathy help me?
ANS.4. Homoeopathic treatment is based on symptom similarity and is not fully dependent on diagnosis. It can possibly cure you of the impending disease, which is yet to be fully developed by building the immunity as a whole i.e. nipping the evil in the bud.
Q. 5. Is homeopathy a placebo treatment?
ANS.5. Use it and see for yourself.
Q. 6. How much time one should give for treatment of chronic and long-standing problems?
ANS.6. There is no THUMB RULE to know the duration of treatment required. A minimum period of three to six month is generally enough to feel the perceptible difference though the complete restoration may depend on many diverse factors like chronicity of complaints, multiplicity of complaints, severity of complaints, recurrence of complaints, past history, family history, age and individual's response to the treatment, continued physical, mental and psychological stresses etc.
Q. 7. I am scared to take homeopathic treatment as I have heard it aggravates the existing conditions initially. Is it really so?
ANS.7. First of all it is not mandatory to have homeopathic aggravation in all the patients. It depends on the sensitivity of the patients. Even if it happens, it is generally of a very transitory nature and is a good omen to mark the beginning of the improvement
Q. 8. What do you mean by holistic medicine ? Is homeopathy a holistic system of medicine?
ANS. 8. The term 'Holistic' was coined by General Smuts, putting forward the theory of Holism - the fundamental principle of the universe is the creation of wholes i.e. complete and self contained systems from atom and the cell by evolution of the most complex forms of life and mind. The system of treatment that takes into consideration the mind-body entity as a whole, can be put under the Holistic Medicine. As HOMEOPATHY goes into your deep study, by considering your immediate sufferings, your past illnesses, your hereditary tendencies and family history, your emotional status as a whole - during illness and otherwise, your liking and disliking in food, drink, temperature, weather etc. and many more things to select an appropriate remedy to stimulate your immune system as a whole to make you disease- free totally, in a HOLISTIC WAY.
Q. 9. What does CONSTITUTIONAL HOMEOPATHIC TREATMENT mean?
ANS. 9. Homeopathy treats " MAN IN DISEASE NOT DISEASES IN MAN". As HOMEOPATHY goes into your deep study, by considering your immediate sufferings, your past illnesses, your hereditary tendencies and family history, your emotional status as a whole - during illness and otherwise, your reactions and behavior while under stress your liking and disliking in food, drink, temperature, weather etc. and many more things which comprise the constitution of the individual to select an appropriate remedy to stimulate immune system as a whole.
Q. 10. When homeopathy is based on symptoms matching, then, what is the need of Lab-investigations? (Like blood test, x-ray, ultrasound , CT scan, MRI etc )
ANS. 10. Lab investigations are needed initially for disease diagnosis to understand the gravity of the illness to know prognosis of the illness to know the course of the illness to evaluate the correctness of the treatment by retesting when clinical relief is already there.
Q. 11. Do homeopathic medicines contain steroids?
ANS. 11. Medicines can be checked at any reputed laboratory to rule out the possibility.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!