Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Upasana Gupta
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Upasana GuptaYour feedback matters!
I have doubt am planning for pregnancy so we are having intercourse day by day on 11 day to 24 days we should give gap before periods means At least 3 days before the last date of period.
It is important to have a healthy diet and proper nutrition for women while pregnant in order to keep themselves and their unborn baby healthy. Prenatal nutrition focuses upon the nutrition of the mother before and during pregnancy. It affects the birth weight and development of the infants. The foods that pregnant women need during their pregnancy for themselves and their child’s health are as follows
- They should have oranges and its juice as much as possible. It is rich in Vitamin C and folic acid. It also contains potassium which lowers one’s blood pressure, which might be one of the key concerns during pregnancy. Foods containing folic acid should be taken right before conception and in the early weeks of pregnancy to avoid the birth defects of the baby in its brain and spinal cord. Other sources of folic acid include green leafy vegetables, beans, peanuts, asparagus, peas and other enriched grain products.
- Having yogurt helps pregnant women. It contains protein and more calcium than milk. It also serves to reduce the risk of having yeast infections.
- Broccoli is also a good source of calcium (for healthy bone) and is rich in vitamin C, foliate and Vitamin B6.
- Beans and lentils are rich in iron (for healthy blood) and proteins are highly needed for the health of both the pregnant woman and her off-spring.
- Figs, whether fresh or dried up, contains more fiber than other vegetables along with plenty of potassium, calcium and iron.
- A healthy diet plan for a pregnant for the well-being of both herself and her unborn baby per day is as follows-
- 6 to 11 servings of grains.
- 3 to 5 servings of diet rich in vegetables.
- 2 to 4 servings of diet with fruits.
- 4 to 6 servings of diet containing milk.
- 3 to 4 servings of meat and foods containing proteins.
- 6 to 8 glasses of water, fruit juice and milk.
- Limiting the consumption of fatty foods and sweets.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
My friend and his girlfriend indulges in unprotected sex once in a month and soon after intercourse she takes I-pill. This is happening from past 6 months. Is there any chance of getting pregnant for my friend's girlfriend.
1. Rheumatic diseases such as arthritis and fibromyalgia
2. Fertility and gynecological disorders
3. Skin problems such as eczema and acne
4. High blood pressure (hypertension)
6. Anxiety and depression
7. Bronchial congestion caused by allergies and asthma
When a blow or a fall causes an injury, where the top of your arm bone pops out from your shoulder socket, it’s called shoulder dislocation. It is a very painful condition and you need to get this relocated to its position immediately. The tissues and bone related to that particular joint get damaged.
If you ignore this situation or keep the shoulder like this, it will be more harmful and painful for you. There may appear a bump in front or at the back of your shoulder that hurts.
What can lead to a dislocated shoulder injury?
- Sharp or a very fast twist of your arm.
- Falling down on a hard surface.
- A sudden hurt or hit.
- It may also happen when you fall down and try to save yourself using your hand. The force of the hit indirectly gets into the shoulder and your shoulder joint may slip from its place.
In some of the outdoor games, there are high chances to get hurt in the shoulder. Hockey, football, rugby, rock climbing, volleyball etc. bring in high probabilities of injuring the shoulder, thereby resulting in a shoulder dislocation.
What is the treatment or therapy of a dislocated shoulder?
The dislocated shoulder should be very urgently treated. As this injury of the shoulder is very painful, you should consult to a specialized orthopaedist as fast as possible to fix up the shoulder to its proper joint. As it is very painful and swollen, the faster the treatment, the better it is. When your doctor fixes your shoulder in its actual place or the bone of your arm comes back to the socket, most of your pain will go away and you get huge relief from pain. After the shoulder bone is relocated, you can use further conservative treatment to reduce the pain and swelling of that place. Dislocated shoulder may take 3 to 12 weeks to recover. But this is the approximate time and it depends on the seriousness of the injury.
After the treatment, when all the symptoms are gone, the doctor will suggest some exercises for better results and normal shoulder movement and to prevent future shoulder injury. Ones the shoulder is dislocated, the chances of dislocation in future is further increased as the tissue supporting the head of humerus into its socket is torn. Such patients may land up with recurrent dislocation of shoulder wherein shoulder dislocates easily on specific movement and patients are afraid to do over-head activities. The problem is best diagnosed by MRI Scan.
The best treatment for this is Arthroscopic (Key-Hole Surgery) Bankart's Repair. Following operation shoulder is kept at rest for 2 weeks then Physiotherapy is started. Day to day activities are started after 2 weeks and sports activity is started after 3 to 5 months.
Hi I'm 25 years old I'm suffering from thyroid and using thyronom 25mcg and is in normal level. But I'm suffering with irregular periods from past 6 months. I'm getting cycle for alternative months and bleeding heavily and I went for homeopathy it only stopped bleeding but not the regular period. I'm having spotting for 10 to 15 days so I visited gynae she advised me to take normal test I'm having prolactin high 32.8 now. Is it a serious one and can I get pregnancy after marriage or not? please advise.
My period was on june 1 missed period for 19 days on 15 th june I used home pregnancy test it is negative. Doctor advised me to do tvs n us in that no sac found but thicker wall 14.3 mm. On 19 th day after scan done bleeding started for 2 days n 2 days spotting. Doctor advised me to take susten vt 200 table. Iam very much confused whether i am pregnant or not please help me. Thanks in advance.
The debate whether white potatoes are healthier or their sweeter counterparts can be put to rest if you consider the nutrient content of both.
It will be favourable to begin with the fact that each type of potato, whether white or sweet, has its own health benefits, though they differ in nutritional content. So, let’s take a look at what both have to offer when it comes to nutrition.
1. Starch and fibre content
Starch and dietary fibre are present in high amounts in both white and sweet potatoes. Starch provides your body with immense energy, enabling you to perform your daily tasks. As for fibre, it keeps your stomach full for a long time.
1 cup of white potato contains 10 grams of starch and 1.8 grams of fibre, while a similarly sized serving of sweet potato comes with 16.80 grams starch and 4 grams fibre. So when it comes to starch and fibre content, sweet potato is the clear winner.
2. Potassium content
Potassium is required by your body to aid the process of metabolism and to support the proper functioning of your nervous and muscular systems. When it comes to potassium, yet again sweet potatoes record a higher content. A regular cup of sweet potatoes contains 448 milligrams of potassium, while a cup of white potatoes contains 305 milligrams of the nutrient.
3. Vitamin content
Vitamin A plays a vital role in enhancing your vision and improving your immunity. Sweet potatoes are enriched with considerably larger amounts of vitamin A in comparison to white ones. Consumption of a cup of this spud in chopped form gives your body 18,869 IU or international units of vitamin A in comparison to the mere 6 IU contained in the same amount of white potatoes. Additionally, sweet potatoes prove to be superior in terms of vitamin C and B6 content as well, which provide for better metabolism and an enhanced nervous system.
So sweet potatoes are clearly better for your health than white ones. Moreover, their calorie content is also lower than that of white potatoes despite being sweet to taste.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.