Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Upasana Gupta
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Upasana GuptaYour feedback matters!
Stretching is very important for your well-being. Not only does it help you become more agile and flexible, it helps you become better at sports and also makes sure that you have fewer injuries when you are playing sports. Here are some exercises, which are guaranteed to make sure that your flexibility will improve:
1. The runner's stretch
In this stretch, put your right foot forward and then try to touch the floor with your fingertips. If your fingers do not reach the floor, place them as far down as possible. You have to then inhale, and go back to your starting position.
2. The standing side stretch
This stretch starts when you are standing straight upwards with your arms raised above your head and your fingers interlocked. When you breathe out you have to slowly bend your upper body to the right then return to the starting position. After you have reached the starting position, you inhale again and after you have inhaled, you have to stretch your upper body to the left.
3. The forward hang
4. The low lunge arch
This stretch involves bringing your right leg as forward as possible and then lowering your left knee onto the floor. You then have to lock your hands together with your palms facing the floor and your hands in front of your body. You then have to inhale for the stretch. The stretch involves lifting your arms as far up as possible and then stretching as far back as possible keeping your legs in the position they were already in. Once you have finished this exercise, you have to do the exact same thing with the left leg in front. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.
Pistachio is one of the most delicious nuts. This wonder-nut comes loaded with many vital nutrients leading to these numerous benefits.
Get into habit of eating pistachio for following reasons –
1. Controls Cholesterol: Pistachio as a snack helps in lowering cholesterol and keeps heart healthy. It brings flexibility to arteries and prevents development of blood clots.
2. Manages Weight: Intake of pistachio controls weight as it has good amount of fiber content. This leads to low levels of triglycerides and proportionate body mass indexes. They may add to your calorie intake, so eat limited portions.
3. Provides Wholesome Health: Pistachios are packed with wide range of nutrients like carbohydrates, fats, proteins, dietary fiber, potassium, phosphorus, thiamine, beta-carotene, calcium, lutein, iron, zinc, magnesium, copper, vitamin C, E, K & A, niacin, riboflavin and folate.
4. Reduces Hypertension: For zero sodium content, pistachio has soothing effect on those who suffer from hypertension.
5. Slows Down Ageing: Pistachios carry good amount of antioxidants like zeaxanthin and lutein that help in slowing ageing process. Add pistachio to your veggies and they would add suppleness to your youth.
6. Keeps Skin Shining: Eat pistachio to keep skin young and shining. Their saturated fat content brings sheen to skin.
7. Enhances Sexual Vitality: Pistachio is an effective aphrodisiac that improves sexual performance. Its regular intake increases blood circulation in genitals and enhances vitality.
8. Prevents Cancerous Growth: Not just pistachio but also their shell layers are rich in antioxidants that neutralize the harmful effect of free radicals, known to cause cancerous growth.
9. Controls Diabetes: Antioxidant content of pistachio helps in controlling diabetes by preventing the process called glycation.
10. Combats Anemia: Presence of copper in pistachio allows for better absorption of iron contents that helps in combating anemia.
11. Makes for Healthy Cooking: Pistachio oil is indeed one of the healthiest cooking mediums. This aromatic oil makes food healthy and full of all its goodness and wholesomeness.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
We had unprotected sex after 5 days of her mensuration. I have given unwanted 72 medicine to her after 24 hrs of unprotected sex. Is there any possibility of getting pregnant. Pls help out.
I had miscarriage on 4 months back now I am pregnent is there any chances of risk and what are the things I need to take to take of care of this pregnency. Need I require bed rest for now. Please suggest. Thanks,
We had a sex and we forgot to take contraceptive pill and it's now 75 hours. What shall we do? Please reply it's urgent.
Hello. Firstly I'm thankful to you for creating such a helpful page. I want to know that how can I get rid of obesity, n regular chronic constipation, and also um suffering from PCOD.
The birth control pill is one of the best inventions in the medical field. At the same time, it has been misused and abused also. Whether it is to avoid pregnancy or to fight other hormonal issues like ovarian cysts or even severe acne, birth control pills are used extensively for purposes beyond what they were originally meant for. There are a lot of hidden facts about the oral contraceptive pills (OCP) or the birth control pills (BCP). Read on to know more!
- Plays with your mood: So, if you have experienced PMS, this is not new to you. Remember that chemically speaking, the BCP or OCP is just a dose of hormones. Therefore, it is very natural for a woman to have mood changes when taking the pills. You may experience anxiety and the irritability which sometimes can be hard to deal with.
- Affects sex life: It affects your sex life in multiple ways – reduces libido, shrinks the clitoris, and causes vaginal dryness due to the excessive hormones. All this, in effects, spells less sex, at least less enjoyable sex.
- Intestinal damage: The pill alters the normal bacteria present in the stomach. These bacteria are essential for the proper digestion and absorption of foods including vitamin B12, B6, B2, and C. Minerals like selenium, zinc, magnesium are also not properly absorbed. Therefore, the woman taking these over a long term can have these nutritional deficiencies. They are also more prone to develop stomach infections.
- Increased blood pressure: The pill causes increased blood pressure by constriction of the blood vessels. This in turn can lead to various other conditions like migraines, visual disturbances, increased risk of stroke, etc. Studies have suggested that the risk of BP increase is higher when the woman is also a smoker.
- Cancer connection: The OCP when regularly used can also cause cancer of the lungs, liver, ovaries, uterus, and endometrium. The estrogen level is constantly on the higher side, which in some cases can lead to cervical cancer. A woman taking OCP for 5 years or more should get evaluated for cervical cancer regularly.
- Beneficial too: For women in their early 40s who are not yet into menopause, taking the BCP under supervision can help in controlling symptoms like hot flashes and irregular bleeding.
- Other medicines interactions: If you are taking other medications, then talk to your doctor before popping that pill repeatedly. Antibiotics, antidepressants, and medical supplements should be discussed with your doctor before taking the pill.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!