Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
My wife feels immense problems during period. Nauseating, pain in lower abdomen, fever, general weakness, irregular flow, advance period for 2 day before every normal period. please help.
We all know that tobacco contributes to lung and heart disease, but many people don’t realize that it seriously affects sexual health as well. Smoking damages the arteries affecting blood flow to the genitals, and it leads to a loss of desire and arousal in both men and women. In terms of alcohol consumption, most of us know that having a drink or two before sex may help us relax and ease our inhibitions. But high levels of consumption can also result in sexual dysfunction. From causing the loss of erections to preventing your ability to get or stay aroused, alcohol disables the natural sexual response of the autonomic nervous system. Other chemical substances, like marijuana and cocaine, also have known links to low sex drive and sexual dysfunction.
When I do fast I dnt feel hungry bt I feel so much thrusts so please help me what to do so I may not feel thrusts please let me know.
I am married for 2 months. V r nt in any birth control. Trying to get pregnant. Bt my period is irregular. Feb 3 was d lmp. March periods didn't come. Usg abdomen nd hormonal test everything normal. Upt also negative. Wat to do.
Pregnancy test is +ve (βHCg 1600 on 1st August, progesterone 12.44 ), it's thru IVF ,FET on 16th july, LMD 24th June . Haven't done SONOGRAPHY as of now, on medication 1.Progynova thrice -(2-2-3) daily 2.Crinone gel - twice 3.susten every 4th day 4.folvite once daily 5.Aspirin 50 mg at bedtime ? When to stop baby aspirin? As per my gynecologist sooner after Sonography pregnancy confirmation, we can stop baby aspirin. Aspirin was started from 10 days before transfer in order to increase uterine blood flow. Please guide further.
I am taking novelon medicine daily at sharp 9: 00 pm but today I get late nd I take. Medicine at 9: 08 pm .is it dangerous? Or any other effect on me ?or it is safe? May I carry my regular novelon medicine?
Hello doctor, I am 21 years old. I was diagnosed with a small size ovarian cyst (right ovary) one month ago. I completed the 21 day treatment. Doctor gave me femilon and height tablets. I am getting an unbearable pain in my lower back and lower abdomen. It's been 20 days now since I have stopped my medicine. I got my periods after completing the treatment. I got my last period on 8th august. One more thing, I never missed my periods, I was very much regular with my periods neither I had an sexual activity. What can be the problem for this unbearable pain?
I am 21 year old but still I have not get regular menstrual cycle in each month it comes early many times what should I do to get the menstrual cycle on perfect date?
I am 26 years girl . I am pregnant last 15 days last period date .its recently happened. No week of gestation yet. Let me tell how I abort the child now. I want to completely remove from pregnant . Later I decide for child after 10 years. But now I no need of child.
Hello All, I am 25 year, I got married 5 month before and would like to know about the precaution. We both are planning to take Precaution as we are not ready for child now. I want to know about DEPO PROVERA INJECTION. Is it good to take injection precaution method or I should go for any other option? Is there any side effect to use this precaution or we should go for regular pill?
Last month I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend and now she missed her periods and she is pregnant! Now where should I go?
I am pregnant from 20-25 days. My age is 16 year old and weight 49 kg. Can I use Iron and Calcium tablets?
A Pap smear test helps in detecting the signs and onset of cervical cancer. This test helps in pointing at the presence of any suspicious cells that may require further examination and testing with the help of an oncologist. You will enjoy a negative result in case you have a normal reading during the examination process and no further treatment will be required. Yet, you will be asked to go through the test on a regular basis. But here is what happens if you have an abnormal reading.
- Positive Result: You are said to have a positive result, if you have any unusual or abnormal cells were found during this Pap Smear Test. While this may not necessarily mean that you have cervical cancer, it can show what kind of abnormal cells are present in this area of your body. The doctor will check for the following things after a positive result.
- ASCUS: This is also known as Atypical Squamous Cells of Undetermined Significance. This is a liquid based test that will seek to study the thin and flat squamous cells that may be found on the surface of a perfectly healthy and normal cervix. This test will check for the presence of any virus that may lead to the development of cancer and to determine the level of risk to the patient. Further, if there is any high risk virus, then further treatment and testing will be required.
- Squamous Intraepithelial Lesion: When some of the cells that have been extracted during the Pap Smear test turn out to be precancerous, then they are Squamous Intraepithelial Lesions. In many cases, it takes a few years for these lesions to turn cancerous especially when the changes are low grade, which pertains to the size, shape and other features of the same. If a high grade lesion is detected, then diagnostic testing in the form of imaging tests may be required.
- Atypical Glandular Cells: These mucus producing cells grow within the cervical opening and usually spread into the uterus as well. While they may appear abnormal, it is difficult to tell whether or not they are cancerous, especially in the early stages.
- Squamous Cell Cancer: This is an almost certain reading of the growth of cancer in the cervix. When a reading from the Pap Smear includes such a finding, the doctor will recommend immediate evaluation.
- Colposcopy: Once you have had a positive reading with any of the above findings, the doctor will perform this procedure with sample tissue extracted during a biopsy. This will be done with the use of a special magnifying tool known as a colposcope to examine the cervix, vagina and vulva tissues.