Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Umesh BarejaYour feedback matters!
I have eye disease I cannot see for long distance its from my childhood and now I am 18 I am thinking for lasik treatment. Am I thinking right around what cost it would be for operation and will my eyes will be normal after this plzzz hellp?
I have red eyes over 3 days including body pain and what should I do to avoid fats unnecessary because I have a healthy diet I don't understand why does it happens?
My mother is diabetic consulting of eye doctor he said you r suffering with retina problem how we have to proceed for treatment what treatment will be there for retina problem.
Myopia is also known by the name of nearsightedness. It is one of the most common refractive disorders of the eye. Over the years, it has become more prevalent. According to a recent study conducted by the National Eye Institute (NEI), myopia has grown more prevalent from 25 percent in 1972 to around 40% percent in 2004 in United States.
The exact cause of the prevalence of this disorder in USA is not known. However, many doctors are of the opinion that eye fatigue due to overuse of computers can be the primary reason behind the spread of this disorder. It could also be affected by genetical links.
Myopia Symptoms And Signs:
It is time to take care of your eyes if you have difficulty in reading the sign boards on road or seeing objects from a distance. This could be a sign for myopia if you are able to see things clearly from a closer distance. There are several symptoms of myopia, including strain on eyes, headaches and squinting. If these signs don’t vanish after wearing lenses or spectacles, you must consult an ophthalmologist.
What are the factors that cause Myopia or Nearsightedness?
It occurs at a time when the eyeball of the patient is too long. The lens of the patient will be too long as compared to the focusing power of the cornea or the eye lens. This condition leads to the focusing of light rays at a point in front of the retina. The rays don’t focus directly on the retina’s surface. Myopia can also be caused if the lens of the eye is too curved. Myopia can also be caused due to a combination of factors. The problem may start from childhood. You are also at the risk of developing the problem if your parents have had the problem.
Myopia is not a rare disorder of the eye. People living with myopia have several options of its treatment. It can be rectified or corrected with the help of spectacles and contact lenses. It can also be corrected by refractive surgery. The kind of treatment to be chosen depends upon the degree of your myopia. You will be asked to wear lenses or spectacles for a prescribed amount of time, depending upon the degree of your disorder.
If you are suffering from myopia, the doctor will prescribe you to wear spectacles or lenses of a certain power that will be preceded by a minus (-) sign.
I had eye cataract surgery 18 days back. They placed acrylic lenses in my left eye. I have lots of work burden that forcing to work on computer. Does it cause any problem to my eye.
I am 22 years girl. I have been suffering from recurring stye since past 3 years. I have tries homeopathic medicines also alopathic medicines but it comes back every time. Doctors give temporary eye creams likes zoxan and ciplox drops also say to do hot compressions. I need a permanent solution for this as it is creating alot of trouble in my personal and career life as I am a cabin crew.
Is it ok if the vision- near and distant - in two eyes after cataract surgery is not similar? And one eye can see a star clearly but the other eye the star looks a bit hazy or dispersed. Any long term precautions after cataract surgery?
I am suffering from myopia -5D but I want to get rid of my specs. So is it good for me go for contact lens?
Dear sir, mane 21September ko LASIK laser ka operation krvaya tha, usse pahle m 2 saal se 6.30 no. K lenses use kar rha tha .mane laser se 7 din pahle lense pahanna chod Dia tha jaisa ki doctors ne Kaha tha. Par Ab Mujhe karib 25 din bad Tak bhi clear nahi dikhai deta h.sir m bahut paresan hu Mujhe kya krna chahiye. Mane suna k iska Koi dobara treatment possible nahi h.to kya sir Mujhe ase hI rhna hoga ya iska Koi treatment h.or h to app. Kitne din me thik ho skta hu. please plz hlp me sir.
We wanted to see Dr. for eyeglasses prescription for my 4 year old daughter. She has been diagnosed with +0.25 D spherical power in both eyes,+3D cylindrical Right eye and +2.5 D cylindrical power in left eye. I am confused about the prognosis as we are late in diagnosing. Most importantly, how to proceed. Some doctors suggest using nearly same power glasses since children adapt quickly while some suggest starting with a lower power and then gradually increasing. Which one is best, please advise.
I have specs on my eyes and I don't want it for long time what I have to do to get rid of it as soon as possible.
I have a bit red eyes for above a week and it is not getting fade. What to do? Do I take any eye drop? Pls suggest.
Hi I m rohit 19/m. I suffering from myopia. Please tell me any ayurvedic medicine. My glass no. Is -3.75, -3.85.
This is the worst time of the year, for your eyes. Pollution from firecrackers, smog due to weather change and generally ever increasing vehicular pollution adds up to be the worst for your eye health.
Protect your eyesight and take care of your eyes by following these simple daily eye care tips.
1. Eat Well: Protect your eyes from within. Eat for good vision. Eat foods that have various nutrients such as omega 3 fatty acids, zinc and lutein, vitamins A, C and E to keep eye problems at bay. Green leafy vegetables, salmon and other oily fishes, eggs and nuts, orange and citrus fruits are great for eyesight.
2. Quit Smoking: For better eye-care leave smoking. This simple activity can make you likelier to get optic nerve damage, macular degeneration and cataracts.
3. Have eye-care routine: Most of us don’t have an eye care routine, which is essential for keeping them fit. So, develop a good eye-care routine. In this routine, practice eye exercises, focusing eyes on a point far away to promote muscle development. Clean eyes everyday with fresh, clean water to reduce eye mites and other problems.
4. Wear Sunglasses: Wearing sunglasses on a regular basis will protect eyes from UV rays and ensure protection. This will help in reducing the chances of getting cataracts and developing macular degeneration.
5. Use Safety Wear: It is important that you regularly wear safety wear problems. For instance, for sports, wear eye protection products, sports goggles or protective face masks.
6. Look away from computer: A lot of us use computers too much for work and recreation. Now is the time to look away from it. Staring at the computer for long can cause eyestrain and blurry vision, trouble focusing at a distance and result in dry eyes as well as neck and shoulder pain with headaches. So, take regular breaks from that computer.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.