Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Umesh BarejaYour feedback matters!
I am 21 year old before one year I saw the projector flash light on right eye. Now my eye was disturbing. So, what should I do?
It has been a month my right eye stars watering while I watch tv or use my phone. I do not use tv or mobile much bt the eye starts watering after 15 min nd does it continuously though left eye remains perfect.In the morning the right eye is also filled with that white gel type shit.
White sticky string like infection gomes in the eye. I am diabetic, hypertensive and have lost one eye to macular edema. Please suggest remedy.
I am 23 year's old and I have a amblyopia in my left eye , is treatment is available to cure this lazy eye issue?
I am having power in my eyes it is increasing higher now it is -2.25. please tell me any home remedy. If I do laser does it affects? please ans it.
I have some issue with my eyes. My vision is so less because I am using my phn very hardly with full day please suggest me what I doing.
Is it true that drinking thyme seed water on empty stomach every morning can help weight loss. The recipe is as follows. Add 25 or 50 GM AjwAin seeds to glassful of water and let soak overnight : separate (filter - sieve) the mixture in morning and add 5 ml honey to the ajwain water and drink on empty stomach. Repeat for 45 days to shed up to 5 kg weight. I certainly across this on you tube. I am 70 ,a male weigh 67 kg and 5 ft 2 Inch height wish to lose 7-8 kg for longevity.
I have both eyes -2.25 number. And I do work on computer daily approximate 6 to 7 hours. Thus I felt that I eyes slight become low and increasing eye slight number continuously. What can I do for improve my eye slight?
I am 57 - good health - working in office based in computer. Q. No. 1Gradually losing hair - any home remedy. No. 2 - Below eye - Puffed is visible - any home remedy.
Ebooks maybe are a lot easier to carry, and with the emerging trend of Kindles, it may appear to be more convenient than paperbacks, but the smell of new books, the texture of its pristine pages, is unparalleled to the inanimateness of ebooks. But that is not just why you must choose paperbacks over ebooks.
Read on to find out why paperbacks work well over ebooks for better eye health:
- Does not involve light-emission: The backlit electronic devices, strain your eyes, causing redness, irritation and watering. Most doctors advise that exposure to light during the evening, especially from artificial sources should be minimal. On the other hand, books do not emit any harmful rays, making it the obvious choice if you want to take good care of your eyes.
- Do not hamper body clock: Our system has a tendency to adapt itself to the rhythm of life by responding to the surrounding light. However, the blue light in reading devices disrupt the release of melatonin or the sleep hormone, causing inadequate, less deep sleep, and fatigue and irritation the following morning. Thus, not giving enough time to your eyes and body for revitalizing. On the other hand, studies have shown that people reading books sleep better and timelier than those reading on devices.
- Proximity to device not required: The admonition of not sitting too close to the television's screen glare is nullified by reading devices where a certain level of proximity is required for comfortable reading, which harms our eyes. But paperbacks do not have any such risk involved as there is no glare that would affect our eyes.
- Does not induce disrupted winking: Electronic devices often trigger a tendency to not blink and stare at the screen constantly for longer than advisable. That does not give the lenses in your eyes the momentary rest that the eyes require in order to replenish themselves.
Exercises to improve eye health:
There are many common measures people take to improve their eyesight or improve their vision. These include wearing glasses, lenses, sunglasses and many such measures. Here are some effective exercises which prove to be highly beneficial in increasing your eye health:
- Stretching: This is the most common and also one of the easiest to do. It requires you to just look up, hold for two seconds, look down, hold for two seconds, then repeat this procedure for each corner of your eye, which means top-left, top-right, bottom-left and bottom-right corners.
- Flexing: This is simply rotating your eyes in circles. Roll your eyes in the clockwise direction for one minute and then roll your eyes in the anticlockwise direction for one minute.
- Focus switching: This particular eye exercise is used for accommodation and is probably the most useful one. In this eye exercise, you have to hold something at a reading distance and cover the other eye. You then have to find something that is at least twenty feet away and trace its shape with one eye closed. With one eye closed, trace more shapes which are twenty feet away and this may improve your eyesight.
- Palming: This exercise is also very simple to perform. All you have to do is cover your eyes with your palms. Once you have done this, just wait and see that there are no bright flashes of light. If you see that there is a bright flash of light, just wait till they go. This is used primarily to destress the eyes.
- Deep blinking: This is also an incredibly useful exercise for distance vision. All you have to do is to place some large letters at a fair distance and then sit on a chair. You have to then close your eyes and tighten all your muscles for 5 seconds. After the gap of 5 seconds, open your eyes and see the letters for a second or two. The more time you do this the more clearly you will be able to see the letters after reopening your eyes.
Finally, a warning has to be given that these eye treatments are not universally accepted by all doctors.
Related Tip: "How Should You Exercise Your Eyes Everyday?"
Hello doctor my name is varun doomra my eyes no is -3 both eyes I want advice about laser surgery my age is 21 is it good or bad for me and how much it correct my eyesight.
Hi sir, I am suffering for eye sight -1.5. I am using eye glasses for. I don't like use glasses. Any alternative is available sir. How much cost sir,
Your eyes are an important part of your health. There are many things you can do to keep them healthy and make sure you are seeing your best. However, there are a number of myths regarding what you should do and what you shouldn't do when it comes to maintaining good eye health.
Here are 5 of those myths busted:
Myth #1: reading in dim light and sitting too close to the tv hurts your eyes
Fact: sitting too close to the tv, you may feel eye strain or get a headache from reading in the dark, but it will not weaken your eyes. It fatigues your eyes but does not harm your eye health in any way.
Myth #2: eating carrots will improve your vision
Fact: carrots are rich in vitamin a, a nutrient essential for good vision. But eating carrots will only provide a small amount of vitamin a. To get the optimum amount, you need to include other sources of vitamin a in your diet as well, some of which are milk, cheese, egg yolk and liver. Spinach is best for eye health. It has lutein and zeaxanthin, both of which can help prevent cataracts.
Myth #3: if you wear glasses or contacts for a continuous period, your eyes will weaken
Fact: your eyes will not grow weaker by using corrective lenses. The prescription may change over time due to aging or absence of disease but it has nothing to do with your current prescription. Some children have correctable eye problems that do require glasses to improve the condition.
Myth #4: when you get something in your eye, rub it out
Fact: this is not true for everything that gets in your eyes. If any particle falls in your eyes dust it off. But if it is sand and small debris that gets in your eye, don't touch it. Use an eye wash for flushing it out. If an object gets stuck in your eye, don't remove it or rub your eye constantly. Visit a doctor at the earliest because some serious injuries may seem minor at first.
Myth #5: dark sunglasses can protect your eyes from the sun
Fact: the color of sunglass does not ensure eye protection. Look for sunglasses that block both uva and UVB rays. Exposure to the UV-rays of sunlight can have cumulative effects on your eyes. It increases your risk for cataracts, solar retinitis, and age-related vision loss. Even if your contacts have UV protection, wear sunglasses that block 100% of uva and UVB rays for full protection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.