Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Umakant NimavatYour feedback matters!
Hi. My 2 n half month baby boy having stools with light blood in it. Help me out asap. I have an image of stools but how can I share with dis app I don't know.
I have a niece about 5 months old. Her TSH (thyroid )level is >150. What things should I worry about in future. And is it treatable? I am really worried. Help me.
My 15 month old son is constipated. We gave him an oral laxative, still he is not passing stools. It has been the case since a month. Please advise.
My daughter has just completed 7 years n last 2 weeks she is complaining while bathing that her nipples r paining even I can observe that her breast portion is growing. In this case what should I do?
My son is not speaking clearly. He is stumbling while speaking. first world repeating four to five times. For ex:- The world Dada. He speaking as Da. Da. Da. Da. Dada.
My son is 4 years old and he is always suffering from cold and cough after eating cold things. Doctor is saying it is allergy and it is non curable what should I do for this I don't know pls suggest me. Because every month he is getting sick.
Is zentel oral suspension safe for 11 months old baby? How much dosage should be given? Can I give it to my baby.
My son is suffering from mucous and bloody stool since one and half month. I have checked and consulted with two pediatric doctors and one of them suggested to cut out cow's milk from his mother's diet. The doctor also told us that my son has an anal fissure and thus Sucral ointment is suggested for him. Baby's mother did not take any diary product and egg for the last 14 days and we use the sucral ointment till day. But we are not seeing any improvement in his health. We are seeing some little drops of blood two or three times everyday, when he passes stool and some times he passes out excessive gas. My son is only two and half months old and he has no fever at all. He is gaining weight 200 gms in every week and also sleep well. So what is his actual problem and how long it takes to cure this problem completely?
My son is 4 month and he have small asd hole 5 mm. The problem is all the time he is suffering from cold and cough.
Hello. My period start after 6 week of my cesarean delivery. Now my baby is 3 months old. And my monthly period are started. I want to know which days are safe for my to avoid pregnancy again.
My daughter is 10 months old. She has started passing lose stool from 3 days. At first 6 times she did lose stool that too green color then I started giving metrogyl but still she is passing semi liquid stool thrice. She is now teething. Is it normal if not please prescribed any other medicine.
Hello, my aunt had a delivery last month. She didn't have enough milk to feed her baby. What should be given to a one month baby if mother's milk is not enough?
My baby is 1 month and 15 days he is not able to pass stool from 5 days and feed milk properly but pass gas but not pass stool what will I do for him?
Can 7-la antacid solution 200 ml be given to 1.5 years old child she is facing loose motion problem. Please advise.
Now my baby is 5month old. I want to know the best contraceptive method which I can use for next 3yrs.
Sleep is the most important aspect for a healthy beign, but for kids it is of utmost priority. Lack of sleep can often have a negative impact on the brain funtioning of kids along with accidents. Listed below are the major sleep disorders in children along with their causative factors:
1. Sleepwalking: It is not uncommon for children under the age of 10 to sleep walk. Despite being harmless on its own, the effects of sleep walking can be dangerous such as stepping outdoors or hurting themselves during sleep. If the child runs into objects while sleep walking, they might wake up and hence further worsen the situation.
2. Nightmares: They might be general or result from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Nightmares, if frequent, can make falling asleep a tedious task. Nightmares in children are common and they usually begin to reduce in frequency by 9 years of age.
3. Obstructive sleep apnea: Snoring might be the result of improper respiration while sleeping and while it isn’t a cause of worry, regular snoring might lead to insufficient oxygen during sleep, thus making shut eye a challenge. It might be hereditary or the result of a deviated nasal septum or blocked nose. The snoring might hamper the quality of sleep.
4. Bedwetting: This is something most children experience, but usually grow out of by the time they turn six. It doesn’t need to be a cause of concern unless the frequency doesn’t reduce over time and more than two instances of bedwetting take place in a week.
5. Insomnia in children: It can be due to a host of factors and coping with changes to their normal lifestyle is one of the biggest triggers. Mental disorders such as anxiety and stress due to a variety of reasons (like the death of a loved one) may also be the cause of distress and lead to troubled or incomplete sleep.
6. Excessive daytime sleepiness: Excess naps throughout the day, always feeling lethargic or experiencing trouble waking up in the morning may be symptomatic of EDS. It isn’t uncommon in adults either wherein despite apparent proper sleep; energy levels seem to be low throughout the day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Children are as vulnerable as they are adorable. Their immune system is not as strong as that of adults, so they are easy victims to environment borne diseases like cold, cough, influenzas and other infections. Here are 5 practical and easy ways in which you can boost your child's immunity and make sure that your role as a parent is sufficiently fulfilled.
1. Decide judiciously what he is supposed to eat and drink
Your child's daily diet must contain a lot of fruits, vegetables, juices, organic foods and proteins. Healthy fats like butter, pastured eggs, coconut etc. Are also essential as they help in absorbing important vitamins like vitamins a, d, e, k and others. Even your child's water intake should be at an optimal level. Processed food and excessive sugar intake should be avoided as they add to your child's calorie count.
2. Get your child to exercise
Regular exercise is a must. It may include running, swimming, jumping or simply strolling. Screen time should be limited as much as possible as those video games and i-pads are robbing your child of his immunity. Make sure your child spends a few hours outside in the sun so as to absorb vitamin d that is obtained from sunlight, for his immunity.
3. Ensure a clean and hygienic environment for your child
You must make sure that that your child learns to keep himself clean. Teach him to wash his hands whenever necessary and tell him not to sneeze and cough in a way that spreads germs. Maintain a clean and healthy environment in and around your home but make sure that you don't shoo away the good bacteria that prevent diseases.
4. Cut down the stress levels of your child
It is very important for you to recognise and eliminate stress from your child's life to ensure immunity for him. Do not force your will upon your child and let him follow his heart. Help him relax if he is stressed and talk to him patiently about things that are worrying him. Maintain a healthy and loving environment in your family to help your child grow.
5. Ensure you child gets adequate rest
Make sure that your child gets adequate amount of comfortable sleep. It is important for you to make your child understand the benefits of sleeping early. This not only increases his/her immunity but also helps him/her to stay attentive and focussed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.