Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Bulimia Nervosa is an eating disorder which is marked by the tremendous compulsion to binge eat, and then adopt extreme measures to avoid putting on weight. It usually affects men and women of all ages. Bulimia Nervosa makes you extremely restless, when all you think about is how to undo the binge eating.
Signs that you are suffering from Bulimia
- You are unable to stop eating
- You consume food very secretively when nobody is around
- You eat till you almost feel sick
- You rarely eat normally; you either overeat, or you go on a fast
- You exercise vigorously after eating to burn off the calories
- You use a lot of laxatives, or enemas
- You try to vomit out the food you have consumed because you feel guilty
- You have a very poor image and perception about your own body.
- You have low self esteem, and you consider yourself to be worthless and unattractive
Physical signs of Bulimia Nervosa
- Scars on the knuckles or hands; from trying to run your finger down your throat to induce vomiting.
- Saggy and puffy cheeks
- Discolored teeth; from throwing up every time after you have binge eaten
- You experience very frequent fluctuations in weight
Risk factors with Bulimia Nervosa
Bulimia Nervosa is a very complex psychological issue, and the following factors tend to increase the risk of this disease:
- Gender - Women are more likely to suffer from bulimia than men.
- Age - Bulimia normally affects people in their late teens and early adulthood.
- Biology - Bulimia may also be linked genetically, with evidence that if you have close relatives with this disorder, you are more likely to suffer as well. Deficiency of the chemical serotonin in the brain might also play a leading role.
- Media and peer pressure - Media has this tendency to feature skinny models and this adversely affects the youth who tend to be guided by what the media projects.
- Sports or other artistic pressures - If you are an actor, or a dancer, there are higher chances of you suffering from Bulimia if you are encouraged to eat less and exercise a lot more to be in shape all the time.
Periods problem from past 5 months not getting correctly lots of pain with very low bleeding this month date over before one week still iam not getting iam very confused with this problem.
Recently I make to know. sometime I used to get panic attacks.. I wanted to know what diet should I add to my food.please help.
I'm 21 years old unmarried girl. Plzz help me. Mujhe pehle kuch 3-4 months se har months mei 6-7 din tk white creamy discharge ho rha with itching and irritation in vagina. Also suffering from headache , constipation , abdominal pain , sore breast. And hmesa mere periods regular ate the but march k bad se sahi se periods bhi nahi aa rahe may mein 2 din spotting hui. June mei bhi same spotting hui and july mei periods hi nhi aaya hai. I'm sexually active with my bf. We had intercourse on 24 april and 1 june.(unprotected) Maine 5 bar urine test kra sab NEGATIVE hai. Beta-HCG test karaya vo bhi negative. Now i'm tensed is there any chance of pregnancy. Vaise mera intercourse bs mere bf k sath hi hua hai. I don't have a multiple sex partner. But kal maine google pr HIV k symptoms padhe kaifi symptoms merese match ho rhe. Now i'm so worried about HIV. Is this possible that i'm infected with HIV ? Or mujhe agar clear karna hai to konsa test krwa k 100 % sure ho skti hu ki mujhe HIV se related to nahi hai kuch. Ya pregnancy k liye or koi test hai jisse sure ho that i'm pregnant or not. please help me. Bahot bahot zyada tension mei hu. please mujhe bataiye what was reason behind all this symptoms un my body.
I am 48 years old both of my ovaries were removed recently what health problems shall I have in future.
Hello, I am 32 years old. Maine 5 month tak novelon tablet ka course kiya hai. Lekin period regular nhi hua. Last period date 9 June hai. Kya kru? Tell me please.
The Aloe Vera plant is the miracle of nature, having many healing properties to it. The leaves of the plant are where you will find the yellow-colored liquid that can work wonders. You may already know that Aloe Vera gel can be very beneficial to the skin, helping with sunburn, insect bites, rashes, cuts, and the like. The reason is because Aloe Vera is an anti-fungal as well as an anti-bacterial. It also helps with the regeneration of cells. So the application of Aloe Vera gel to the skin can greatly benefit common skin ailments and help in the healing process.
Aloe is a member of the Lily family, yet it is very cactus-like in appearance. Even though there are over 240 species of Aloe there is only three to four recognized as having nutritional value. The main Aloe species used in commercial products is Aloe barbadensis miller.
Knowledge about Aloe healing properties has been passed down from the ancients. It is used both internally and topically and has been well documented to facilitate healing of any kind of skin wounds, burns or scalds, even speeding recovery time after surgery. Situations to try it on include blisters, insect bites, rashes, sores, herpes, athlete's foot, fungus, vaginal infections, conjunctivitis, sties, allergic reactions, and dry skin.
But maybe you didn’t know that Aloe Vera comes in other forms, which also have their own set of benefits. Let’s take Aloe Vera Juice. Here is a short list of what this very healthy juice can do for you.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF ALOE VERA JUICE
1. Aids in the elimination of constipation.
2. Aids in digestion and helps with stomachaches and heartburn.
3. Helps to regulate blood sugars.
4. Detoxifies the body and colon.
5. Helps with weight loss by increasing metabolic rate to burn more calories.
6. Improves circulation.
7. Aids in healing damage to internal tissues.
8. Regulates blood pressure.
9. Strengthens immune system.
10. Retards the growth of cancerous tumors.
11. Helps to reduce inflammation.
Side Effects of Drinking Aloe Vera Juice
It is recommended that you drink no more than two to four ounces a day of Aloe Vera Juice . That is the required amount for maintaining health and is all you need. If you take more, you can experience side effects, such as liver dysfunction, nausea and allergic reactions. But if you adhere to the recommended amount per day, you will see the wonderful benefits of this amazing plant.
Aloe is safe when used in moderation but there are a few contraindications. If you have a heart problem and use any kind of conventional medication consult your Naturopathic or Medical doctor before using any Aloe product internally as the interaction may cause irregular heartbeat. Avoid Aloe Vera Juice if you are pregnant, breast feeding, or menstruating as it can cause uterine contractions.
Aloe Vera is also available in supplements, such as tablets and capsules. Just be sure that there are no unhealthy fillers. This is a very quick and easy way to get the beneficial effects of Aloe Vera into your system. If you lead a busy lifestyle and do not have the time to drink Aloe Vera juice, taking the recommended dose in tablet or capsule form will probably work out very well for you.
The health benefits of Aloe Vera are many, and this amazing plant can help you not just on the outside by aiding your skin, but on the inside as well. Be certain to keep some Aloe Vera gel always on hand for skin ailments, especially if you have children. And Aloe Vera juice or supplements are a great way to help your body internally.
Hi Dr, I am pregnant. Completed 1 n half weeks. I have irritation near by urine area I am feeling etching all the time even though I am cleaning the near by area properly. Can you please help me as m really got frustrated done everything creams used.
Hi doctor. I had sex on the 4th day after the period, took unwanted 72 withinn 48 hours. And after 6 days beelding starts for 3 days and now my period is 2 days late.
If anybody is not getting good results in skin diseases, go for panchakarma treatment called raktamokshana.
My marriage was 2 years ago. I have missed my periods. I am trying to conceive. How and when can I get to know that I am pregnant or not? What should I do? How much should I wait?
I am 22 year old. And. On medication due to irregular periods.. Is it safe. To have an ipill. Will it react.
Are condoms 100% accurate to avoid pregnancy if used correctly? I do not want to get pregnant so are condoms enough or should I ask my husband to get sterilized.
A blood clot in the leg is termed as Deep Vein Thrombosis or DVT. This blood clot can be fatal, because it usually blocks the passage of blood to the heart by damaging the one way valves of the veins. This can also reach other organs like the lungs, in which situation the case becomes complicated and may also lead to death. There are various ways of preventing the onset of these clots. Follow these points to know more.
- Blood thinners: Prolonged hospital stay and a major surgery like joint replacement can lead to blood clots in the legs or DVT. Therefore, it is imperative to ask your doctor about a prescription for blood thinners, which can help in better blood flow despite minimal motion in the legs or stiffness.
- Compressions stockings: If you have been in the hospital for a prolonged period or suffering from leg paralysis, then the risk of blood clots is greater than most others. You can make use of compression stockings, which will help in preventing clots by holding the area tight so that the blood is forced to pump and flow. These should be used every time you are admitted to the hospital.
- Exercise: It is important to keep moving in case you are travelling in a long flight that is over four hours long. Also, you can try certain mild exercises, in case you have a long standing condition of pain or cramping in the leg muscles and joints. From simple toe flexes to muscle strengthening exercises like the heel or towel hook, you can ensure that the tightening action makes your muscle firm so that the blood clots do not have a chance to form. You may also need to lose weight in case you are overweight so that you can alleviate the risk of these clots.
- Water: Staying hydrated is something that we all need to follow in any case, but it is especially important if you are risk of developing blood clots in the legs. Drinking plenty of fluids is a natural way of thinning the blood, especially if you have been in bed or travelling for prolonged periods.
- Loose fitting clothing: You may want to wear loose fitting clothing when you are travelling or in the hospital so that you do not end up unnecessarily compressing an area in a way that will be detrimental for the blood flow there. Wearing loose clothing ensures that the blood flow carries on as per its normal routine without any blockages.
It is important to remember the above points so that you keep blood clots in the legs at bay.