Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Uma SridharYour feedback matters!
We wanted to see Dr. for eyeglasses prescription for my 4 year old daughter. She has been diagnosed with +0.25 D spherical power in both eyes,+3D cylindrical Right eye and +2.5 D cylindrical power in left eye. I am confused about the prognosis as we are late in diagnosing. Most importantly, how to proceed. Some doctors suggest using nearly same power glasses since children adapt quickly while some suggest starting with a lower power and then gradually increasing. Which one is best, please advise.
He had a accident &head injury near eye and got cured but after some months the eye seems 1 mm slipped inside the skull. Is there any treatment possible?
I m 17year old male I have spectacle I use from 10year my no is -6 of both the eye and cylinder also is their any way to decrease my no or should I wear contact lens.
Sir, recently I went for a eye check up and my eye power increased from -1.25 to -2.0 (cylindrical glasses) sir when it will going to stop.
Burning eyes feel strain and dry. Also pain in eyebrows and forehead. Symptoms since a few days what are the causes and possible treatment for the same at home? Kindly help.
Is there any eye drop for those people who are suffering itching and eye problems during road traffic and dust. Please suggests me a drop? I used to drive bike and I think because of dust and pollution so please suggests me a drop for eye.
Can I have an operation to remove number in my eyes. I have 7 right & 5 left numbers in my eyes. I am 23.
Hi I wana know that what is the symptoms of joindics because from few day I have feel that some yellowish is in mine eyes.
Running nose and sneezing with mild fever yesterday. Took Allegra 180 mg and Paracetamol 250 mg. Today I feel slight burning eyes and stuffiness in nose with weakness in body.
I have eye problem (myopia) how can I overcome without wearing spectacles. Should I eat something like green vegetables etc.
My cousin is 10 years old ,his problem is that he can't read and write properly. When he was 4 months old he suffered with cataract and had an operation. He is using specs while studying and forget easily what he studies. How to improve his memory?
What are the normal complications in every lasik surgery done in India. Can a person loose eyesight after complications in this surgery?
Sir actually I wanna know that what is the procedure for permanent hair removal and sir if anyone has lost eye retina then he will come back vision for any process if it is possible than tell me fastly I am waiting for this.
While most of us complain of eye problems as pain or redness or itching or excessive tearing, there is more to it than what meets the eye! As with all diseases, the homeopath will try to unravel the problem in its deeper form. A detailed discussion to ask related symptoms happens, after which a diagnosis will be made. Treatment is then done accordingly which will not just get rid of the eye symptoms but also improve the overall health of the person.
Conditions like cataract and glaucoma need to be surgically corrected; however, others can be managed via homeopathic medicines effectively. The following are the top five homeopathic medicines described along with the symptoms in which they are used. A detailed discussion with your homeopath to arrive at the diagnosis should definitely precede use of these medications. Self-medication is not advised.
Mercurius - Mercurial preparations are used when the following symptoms are seen:
- Thickened, red eyelids that are worse at night
- Profuse, offensive-smelling discharge that causes burning
- Boils around the eyes with pus formation
- Floaters in the eyes
- Worsens with warmth and damp weather
- Syphilitic eye infections
Belladonna: One of the most widely used eye remedies in homeopathy; it is extremely useful in the following situations
- Ophthalmic conditions with severe inflammation, dryness,
- Injected eyes with iritis or retinitis
- Fear of light (photophobia)
- Eyes affected due to excessive light or poor light
- Retinal hemorrhage conditions
- Sudden, acute onset of these symptoms
- Great intolerance to light
Euphrasia and Allium cepa: This is used as a combo, with both used in similar situation but with contradicting symptoms. The person has symptoms similar to hay fever or cold.
While euphrasia is used where there is a bland nasal discharge and burning tears, allium is used when there is a strong burning sensation with nasal discharge. Some doctors even try one, and if it is not effective, they prescribe the other one. Other conditions where Euphrasia and Allium cepa are used include:
- Watery eyes that blink frequently
- Acute catarrhal conjunctivitis
- Bland and watery coryza
- Burning of the eyes with corrosion of the margins
- Opaque, blistering cornea with thick discharge
- Eye swelling improves when in open air, worsens in the evening and with light
Arsenica - This common homeopathy medicine is used in the following situations:
- Sharp eye pain caused by day light
- Closing eyes produces pain in the eyes
- Running of letters when trying to read
- Affected tear ducts
- Cataracts in office goes
- Worsened during new moon and cold weather, improved with warmth.
These are some common homeopathy medicines, but again, as noted above, self-medication should be avoided. Any of these should be used only if prescribed by a homeopath.
I am 26 year old, I am suffering from sunken and deep eyes problem, there is any home remedy, oil and cream to heal the same, I Also drink lots of water.
Hi I am ajay mountain and I am suffered by eye infection my eyes become red for dust and wind, sun light.
My eyes are getting weaker and weaker my eye power is -5.50 in both eyes what should I do any solution and what's the last - power of eye.
1) Dates are free from cholesterol and contain very low fat. Dates are rich in vitamins and minerals.
2) They are rich source of protein, dietary fiber and rich in vitamin B1, B2, B3 and B5 along with vitamin A1 and C.
3) It helps improve the digestive system as it contains soluble and insoluble fibers and different kinds of amino acids.
4) Dates are great energy boosters as they contain natural sugars like glucose, sucrose and fructose. To get more advantage add dates to milk and make it a very nutritious snack.
5)Dates are very low in calories and are extremely suitable for health conscious people.
6) Dates are rich in potassium and reduced in sodium. This helps regulate a healthy nervous system. Researches have revealed the fact that potassium intake up to a certain extent can reduce risk of stroke.
7) Dates also help in lowering of the LDL cholesterol.
8) Dates have high iron content and are very useful in treating anemia. The patients can eat many dates for better advantages.
9) Dates also have fluorine that slows down the process of tooth decay.
10) It helps people suffering from constipation. Soak dates overnight and take it along with water to have added advantage.
11) Dates help in weight gain and are beneficial for those who suffer from over slimming problem.
12) Dates are excellent for alcoholic intoxication.Cures abdominal cancer.
13) It also helps in improving eye sight and helps in curing night blindness as well.