Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Uma Sharma
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Uma SharmaYour feedback matters!
I have facing some problem from last weak my penis is not movement it's Means compare to last days now my penis not react any physical condition movement but not immediately and legs pain and also small pain for penis.
I have been experiencing a severe pain in my upper abdomen. Doctor said that it is a peptic ulcer. They gave me a lot medicine but it does not work. I have been taking their medicine for more then 2 yrs. Please suggest me the best medicine for it. I have a gas problem too. My stomach use to growl overnight. And fart the whole night. Please help me.
My friend is 15 year old girl and sometimes she feels problem in breathing suddenly. She also have migraine problem. Plzz suggest something.
I am 25 year old mujhe 1 week se urine ki problem ho rhi h. Urine krne k baad bhi satisfaction nahi hota. Urine krne m zor lagana padhta h. 2.3 drop bhi pending rhta h to aisa feel hota h jaise bahot zor ki pee aai hai. Raat m 1.1 hour m ankh khul jati h aisa lagta hai bahot zor ki pee aai h but 10 to 15 drop hi nikalte h. Please koi medicine suggest kariye jis se urine m satisfaction na ho.Please suggest.
There is an age old saying that drinking water during meals will disturb your digestion and dilute stomach juices. Advice, that floats around generally, states that you should have water at least 30 minutes after you have had a meal. Studies have been carried out on this subject to find out how true or false these claims are.
- Levels of stomach acid: The claim is that if you drink water during the meal it will dilute the stomach acids, which are required to break the food down. However, doctors have stated in clinical trials that water doesn't tend to have any effect on the levels of stomach acid at all.
- Stomach and digestion process differs from person to person: This might be a thing of personal choice as habits differ from person to person. Also what is tolerable for one person may not be to another. It usually comes down to how your digestive system reacts to drinking water. Some people have claimed that drinking water while consuming food can make them feel bloated. There are no scientific studies proving this and it could be a psychological effect as well.
- Other side of the story drinking water can fill up your stomach before or during a meal: While drinking water may not have adverse effects on digestion, it can fill up the stomach by volume and decrease appetite. Doctors will also suggest drinking a good amount of water just before a meal if you are trying to lose weight as it can suppress your appetite.
Proved pros of drinking water:
Most clinical trials and studies by doctors have proven that drinking small to moderate amounts of water during the meals will help your digestion rather than impeding it.
Some of the advantages are:
- Liquefies food in the stomach
- Helps in nutrient absorption
- Prevents constipation
- Stop bloating
- Softens stool
- Ensures Lubrication of the digestive tract
- Helps you control your hunger signals and thus can help you in losing weight
Thus it can be summarized that drinking water during meals is a personal choice and doesn't really have any adverse effects. In fact, drinking moderate amounts of water when having food may actually be beneficial for you. However, if you are not comfortable with this and would prefer drinking after meals, as long as your digestive system is adjusted to it, there are no adverse effects to this as well.