Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in New Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Uma SarinYour feedback matters!
My sister got periods in this month but not stopped till continued bleeding from now that is 15 days mostly and she go urine more times a day. She got married and children also. What was the reason and treatment for this problem. Please suggest some idea. Thank you.
Does using condom only is enough to prevent pregnancy. Can a girl can become pregnant by fingering if sperm present on that finger. If so how to prevent pregnancy from this activity. Why because it is very much difficult to ensure whether sperm was spent on that finger or not.Please tell.
IVF or In Vitro Fertilization is a process wherein an egg is fertilized by a sperm in a laboratory dish to form the embryo (baby's first cell) which after growth in artificial medium in the lab is transferred into the uterus of women, In general, a blood sample is collected to determine whether you're pregnant or not about 10-14 days after the eggs are retrieved.
Coming to the success of the procedure, a number of factors are at play and these are:
- The age at which you get pregnant - A factor that plays a role in influencing your chances of experiencing success in your IVF procedure is the age at which you opt for this procedure. The lower your age, the chances that you may get pregnant and deliver a healthy child using your own eggs witness an increase. On the other hand, if you're aged 41 and above, or your egg reserve is very low donor eggs are the most preferred option as they help to increase your prospects of meeting a success.
- Lifestyle habits - Certain lifestyle factors can significantly affect your prospects of getting pregnant through this route. Smoking can reduce your prospect of success using this procedure by about 50%. It can cause you to have lesser number of eggs retrieved during the procedure while increasing instances of miscarriages. Likewise, obesity, alcohol use, consumption of excessive caffeine and drugs can adversely affect your chances of getting pregnant using IVF.
- Cause of Infertility - If your supply of eggs is normal, success rate using IVF is high. Women who suffer from the problem of endometriosis experience lesser chances of getting pregnant than women who have unexplained fertility.
- Reproductive history - IVF success rate chances are higher if you've delivered a baby previously using IVF.
- Embryo status - Embryos that are better developed with good grade stand a higher chance of experiencing success than less developed embryos. More importantly, not every embryo is able to survive the development process. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.
I am 37 diabetic unmarried. Now i'm afraid to get marry coz I heard if your diabetic you r not able to conceive and not able to satisfy your partner. Is this correct? And one more thing I went cardiac surgery 20 years back and taking medicine.
In case the fertility odds are against your favour, you can undergo a procedure called IVF or in vitro fertilisation. It is a form of fertility treatment in which the sperms and eggs are combined in a laboratory. IVF is a very common fertility treatment procedure, involving modern technology. It is carried out by many women and couples worldwide. When you are facing ovulation problems and issues with the quality of eggs, have blocked fallopian tubes or if your male partner has a low sperm count, a sperm donor’s eggs are used via IVF to become pregnant.
The overall process of IVF involves several methods and steps:
- Ovarian stimulation: You will have to take a fertility drug called gonadotrophin eight to fourteen days before the beginning of your menstrual cycle. This will help to stimulate your ovaries for the development of multiple, mature eggs for fertilisation. You will also be given synthetic hormones like cetrorelix and leuprolide.
- Development of follicle: You should be visiting your doctor frequently while having the medicines for a check-up of your blood hormone levels. Your ovaries will also be measured using ultrasound. This will allow the doctor to monitor the follicle development.
- Trigger shot: You will be given a trigger shot injection when the follicles are prepared. This injection leads to full maturation of the eggs, making them ready for fertilisation. The eggs require a period of 36 hours for retrieval after receiving the trigger shot.
- Gathering of the eggs: An anesthetic will be given to you and an ultrasound probe will be inserted via your vagina for observation of the ovaries and follicles. A thin needle will be inserted through the vaginal wall with which the eggs are removed from the follicles.
- Fertilisation: The eggs will be observed one final time before being combined with your partner’s sperm. Then they will be incubated overnight. Fertilisation occurs during this period and the abnormal eggs do not get fertilised. Three days after the egg retrieval, some of the successfully fertilised eggs transform into embryos composed of six to ten cells. Within five days, some of these embryos turn into blastocysts composed of fluid-filled cavities and tissue. This separates into the baby and the placenta. The most viable embryos are placed in your uterus. One to five embryos are placed in your uterus by the insertion of a catheter through the cervix. The embryo implants itself to the uterus walls. Gradually, it develops into the baby. The chances of pregnancy are higher when there are multiple embryos.
Before thinking of undergoing IVF, you must consult a doctor to know about the entire process. You also need to know whether you are fit to undergo IVF as there are several criteria you should satisfy for IVF.
Many of my friends ask me for sexual relationship I am 21 year old is it safe to keep the relation with multiple partner using condom.
खीरा हमारे शरीर के लिए बहुत ही पौष्टिक और हेल्थी होता है।
ये आपके शरीर में विटामिन को बढ़ाता है और जमें हुए कारकों को सक्रिय करने के लिए विटामिन को प्रोत्साहित करता है जो कि रक्त के थक्का बनाने में मदद करते हैं।
खीरा रक्त का थक्का बनाने की क्षमता को भी बढ़ाता है जो कि रक्त को अत्यधिक बहने से रोकता है।
जैसा कि हमने ऊपर पढ़ा कि ये विटामिन को बढ़ाने व प्रोत्साहित करने में भी मदद करता है और यदि आपके शरीर में विटामिन की मात्रा पर्याप्त है तो ये रक्त को लगातार बहने से रोकता है।
साथ ही साथ इससे आपके नाक और मसूड़ों से भी रक्त के बहने में कमी आती है।
खीरा आपकी त्वचा को भी फायदा पहुंचाता है यदि आपकी त्वचा में जलन है या ज्यादा धूप से आप आये है और थका थका महसूस कर रहे हैं या आप की त्वचा में बहुत खीचाव है तो आप खीरे को खाने की बजाये काट कर भी अपने चहरे पर रक सकते हैं, इससे आपको 15 से 20 मिनट के बाद आराम महसूस होगा।
यदि आपकी आंखे सूजी हुईं है तो भी इसे गोल पतला काटकर आंखो में रखने से सूजन कम होती है।
खीरे में सिलीकोन और सल्फर होता जो कि बालों को बढ़ाने में सहायक होता है।
खीरे अपने कम कैलोरी और अधिक पानी वाले गुण के कारण उन लोगों के लिए बहुत ही फायदेमंद है जो लोग अपना वजन कम करना चाहते हैं।
पानी की ज्यादामात्रा और फाइबर होने के कारण खीरा आपके पाचन तंत्र से अपशिष्टों को बाहर निकालने और भोजन को पचाने में भी सहायता करता है।
रोज़ाना खीरे के सेवन से पुरानी कब्ज भी दूर हो जाती है।
खीरे की कड़वाहट की वजह से आप इसे खाने की बजाये जूस बनाकर भी पी सकते हैं।
इससे ये आपके लिए और भी लाभकारी होगा।
Sir / madam. My wife is 32 weeks pregnant. From the 3rd month on wards we have done scanning two times. That is on 3rs month and 5th month. Baby position is in cephalic. But recently in 32 weeks scanning baby position is in breech. Will baby move again into cephalic? Why baby moved into breech position in the 32 weeks. Can you please tell me the reasons and suggestions. Is there any complications?
One of the grains with the lowest glycemic index measurement is quinoa, and while many people are unfamiliar with this grain, it is widely accessible and quite versatile in food preparation. Maintaining a low blood sugar level is important for people suffering from diabetes, as the condition means that your pancreas doesn’t produce enough insulin to properly metabolize simple sugars. Therefore, to avoid formal treatments and an altered quality of life, eating low glycemic foods like quinoa is an effective remedy. There are also many minerals, vitamins and dietary fiber in quinoa, which can help optimize digestion.
I am trying to conceive. My period is due for 6 days still pregnancy tests are negative. Now there is a brown discharge. I am afraid if my periods started. Can this be implantation bleeding. It is light and brown in colour.
The inability to conceive after indulging in unprotected sex is known as infertility. It can also be referred to the biological incapability of a male to cause the conception or a woman being unable to carry the pregnancy for full term. Research has shown that female problems contribute to over half of all the infertility cases while a majority of the other causes include sperm disorders.
Treatment of infertility depends on:
- Cause of Infertility
- Duration of Infertility
- Age of both partners
- Personal preferences
Causes of infertility in women include:
1. Ovulation disorders: This is regarded as the most common cause of infertility in women. The disorders can be caused due to the following
- Premature ovarian failure
- PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome)
- Poor egg quality
- Overactive or Underactive thyroid gland
- Chronic conditions like cancer or AIDS.
2. Problems in fallopian tubes or uterus: Abnormalities in the uterus or fallopian tubes render the woman incapable of conceiving naturally. This might be due to:
- Submucosal fibroids
- Previous sterilization treatment
3. Medications: There is a possibility that treatment will cure infertility. Examples include NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy.
Treatment of infertility might involve a significant amount of psychological, physical, temporal and financial commitments.
In men, treatment is done to treat lack of healthy sperm or general sexual problems. The treatments include:
- Change in lifestyle
- Sperm retrieval
You can also take the package for Living Healthy - Woman.
Even though it is possible to restore fertility in women using only one or two therapies, a number of treatments might be required before conception is possible. Some of these treatments include:
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- Stimulation of ovulation with fertility drugs
- Surgery to restore fertility
In situations where pregnancy does not happen spontaneously, Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) can be used by couples to achieve pregnancy. It is a form of fertility treatment which involves the handling of sperm and egg. The entire ART team consists of psychologists, physicians, embryologists, nurses and lab technicians.
One common ART technique is In vitro fertilization (IVF). It is a process where an egg and sperms are manually combined in a laboratory dish, followed by transfer of embryo to the uterus. Some aspects involved in an IVF cycle are:
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Assisted hatching
- Donor eggs or sperm
- Gestational carrier
Some complications that may occur during the treatment of infertility are:
- Multiple pregnancy
- Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS)
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gynaecologist and ask a free question.
My wife have 5 month pregnant. She suffers from itching and not get relief after using evion lotion and other medicine.
I am 14 weeks pregnant. I have IVF baby. I heard that SAFFRON is best for baby. How much should I eat Daily.
My gf suffering with some irregular menstrual problems. And also she feels pain during period in lower abdomen.
My last period date 1 april I was done pregnancy test in 11 may it is positive but l have no any vaginal discharge my period was always irregular my doct call me in 24 th may fir ultrasound I am scared what can I do?
Now am in 37 weeks of pregnancy. Today mrng went to bathroom I did not control urine. When I was standing urine is passed. My doubt is. I don't know that is urine or water break. Cn you tel me.
Donor Egg/ Donor Embryo
If you’re over 40 or can no longer produce healthy eggs, donor eggs can help you carry and deliver a baby. This is also a good option if you’re at risk for passing a genetic disease such as Tay-Sachs disease or sickle cell anemia to your child.
Treatment: What to expect:
If you decide on an anonymous egg donor, you can find her through your fertility clinic. You’ll usually be able to choose based on her physical characteristics, ethnic background, educational record, and occupation. Most donors are between 21 and 29 years old and have undergone psychological, medical, and genetic screening. Ask how your clinic screens candidates ” some do less extensive tests and background checks than others. If you choose to use donor embryos, you can either pick unrelated egg and sperm donors or use a frozen embryo donated by a couple that had extras.
Once you pick a donor, both you and she will take birth control pills to get your reproductive cycles in sync ” she needs to ovulate when your uterine lining can support an embryo. She’ll also take a fertility drug to help her develop several mature eggs for fertilization, while you will receive estrogen and progesterone to prepare your uterus for pregnancy. Once her eggs are mature, your doctor will give her an anesthetic and remove her eggs from her ovaries by inserting a needle through her vaginal wall using an ultrasound for guidance.
From here on out, the procedure is just like that of in vitro fertilization (IVF). Your partner’s sperm or a donor’s sperm will be combined with your donor’s eggs in a dish in a laboratory. Two to five days later, each of the fertilized eggs will be a ball of cells called an embryo. Your doctor will insert two to four embryos into your uterus through your cervix using a thin catheter. Although it’s not a common practice, many experts say couples should consider transfer of a single embryo to avoid the risk of twins or triplets. Extra embryos, if there are any, may be frozen in case this cycle doesn’t succeed. If the treatment does succeed, an embryo will implant in your uterine wall and continue to grow into a baby. In about 40 percent of ART pregnancies using donor eggs, more than one embryo implants itself and women give birth to multiples