Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Uma RaniYour feedback matters!
There was a couple ( X & Y) who had come to me for alleviation, from their sexual dysfunction. They were extremely distressed and were not having sex since a long duration, their communication had eroded and they were just existing for the kids sake. However the lady finally took the step and decided to seek help that is when she searched for a lady doctor who is into sexual medicine, approached her spouse and convinced him.
- When I examined their case in my chamber I found them to have a lot of sadness and bitterness. The husband complained that his wife was completely non responsive sexually hence he did not want to have sex with a cold corpse. out of anger & to teach the wife a lesson stopped having sex with her. He confided that he didn't have any affairs due to his conservative upbringing plus he loved his kids too much to get involved anywhere as he saw his office colleagues suffer as an aftermath of an affair.
- The wife said to me she did care for her husband but she was NoT sexually satisfied by her him in any case so she was glad that they don't have sex at all but off late it has been pricking her her mind that the gap was increasing between them drastically hence she wanted to repair it.
- I put the couple on sex Therapy which teaches a couple to unlearn and relearn about the art of sensuality. Touching is a very significant part of sexuality and sensuality, opening all our five senses while touching sensually, whispering sweet nothings, giving and taking feedback of what feels good and preserving intercourse for the last part of the treatment modality. Also they began to slowly communicate via SMS and emails about needs, wants & fantasies. Complimenting each other, rediscovering their physical pleasure. The Couple was compliant and followed their doctors advice.
- With the above case as example I would like to stress on the fact that women want a communicative partner who is kind and passionate rather than only an orgasm. Women look for wanting be desirable in their partners eyes, they want a hard erection rather than a long penis. Women's sexual wants are rather simple but inability to communicate makes it look complex. Please don't hesitate seeking medical advice when in need, a stitch in time saves nine! So now that some mysteries are open guys please take the hint and see your sexual lives bloom.
I am 38 years old. Last 3 month I did not ger period. I take deviry10 mg for 5 days. After 15 days still I did not get my period.in aug 3rd day of my periods in sonography oin overy few folicals .it s related with this issue. Whats wrong with me. Plzzz ans .thx.
Is there a chance of getting pregnant even after use of condom during sex? What can be done to check it and stop it. My friend is not getting her periods since 3 days after her date. She is 20 years old. Please help.
I'm 29 years old, recently married. My periods are quite irregular mostly once in a nine month. I have consulted Gynecologist earlier all the tests were conducted, my reports are normal I don't have any problems such as PCOD or Thyroid What medication do you prescribe me? Can my periods be regularised through some medication. I'm worried because my family is expecting child from me.
I m 7 months pregnant now. Doctor told abdominal circumference for fetus is low Wat does it mean? It'll affect fetus growth?
Hi, I had termination of 5 month baby on March 7 and after that 2 week bleeding and on April 11 I got periods for 5 days on 6 th day we had unprotected sex and on 7 th day also we had sex after sex I got bleeding today for some time and now it's not bleeding but some things like very light red color almost white discharge is coming. In this cycle I will ovulate or what I want to become pregnant very soon. please help me. Will there be any problem if I get pregnant in ths first cycle. I'm physically strong oly mentally as well.
Hello madam, me mere gf k sath unprotected sex kiya tha, but sperms under nhi gya tha, mene risk nhi liya, or unwanted 72 khila diya within 2 days, fir 8 days baad periods Ho gya tha, lekin uske baad 24 th February ko periods hona tha, lekin aaj 4 th March ho gya usko periods nhi ho rha hai, so madam please help me.
Hello doctors. I and my girlfriend had sex last month on 1st i.e, 01/08. Unfortunately condom broke out and we didn't know that. She got her periods on 7th of last month i.e. 07/08/2017. And till date she didn't got her periods of this month's. Doctors please help me. What should I do? And after inter course there was some bleeding. As soon after sex I made her to take a birth control pill (have not remembered the name). On sunday we have taken urinary pregnancy test and it showed us she is not pregnant. So is there any chance of being pregnant? Its been almost 42 days and she haven't got her periods yet. We are not ready for pregnancy. What should we do? Please help us doctors.
(age 48), 1.my wife (age 47) has lost her vaginal fluid. While intercourse she use coconut oil. What may be the solution to get natural vaginal moisture. 2.while intercourse sometimes we experience odor (bad smell). How can we overcome this?
Have safe diwali. Avoid burns by keeping a distance while burning crackers. Don't explode them in hand.
Pour normal water immediately if you get burns
Consult local nearby doctor, if large area burn go to hospital.
I am 27 years old merried women .m thyriod patient .my weight is 67 kg .merrige ko 2 saal ho gaye h .aur hm log abi 5 month se baby plan kar rah h but success nai ho pa rahe h .mere period regular aate h .sonography me pata chala ovary me toda swelling hai .mujhe ye pata karna tha ki overy me swelling ko pcod bolte h .aisa me pragnant hona possible h.
Have you ever wondered how health affects our looks?
Yes, they do and it is incredulously true! Our health does reflect on our looks.
Just by looking at the person’s face, one can make out if the opposite person is unwell.
That is why it is important to maintain good health so that we glow through our looks and our looks seem attractive.
Your health indirectly affects your looks, in many ways. Smokers are already aware that they need to quit smoking. It is bad for the heart, lungs and brain.
Well, smoking does damage the way one looks and smokers are four times likely as compared to non-smokers to experience unrest after a sound sleep in the night.
Alcohol is another factor contributing to looking uneasy. Alcohol dehydrates the body, including the skin, which happens to be a major organ of the body.
It happens every time drinks are consumed, drinking too much, results in deprivation of vital vitamins and nutrients from the skin. Over time, drinking heavily has other detrimental effects on the skin.
Rosacea is a skin disorder that has the initial tendency to blush and flush easily and eventually results in facial disfigurement, and is found to be having a link to alcohol.
Alcoholics can also find themselves looking bloated and puffy as a side effect to their habit. One can experience the bloating of the stomach too.
There’s also the cellulite believed to build up with the help of the toxins in alcohol. So drinking and smoking needs to be kicked off if one is under the pressure to look good, and eventually feel good.
De-stressing, relaxing, being happy is the key to feeling and looking good. A change of the routine pace of schedule is good for mental health.
It may differ from a five-minute break from cleaning the house, break from work or a weekend spent in exploring something or a place that is new.
A few minutes relief is needed to de-stress oneself. But, being physically active and fit is also important.
Also indulging in exercise contributes to health and looks. It is, found that people who exercise and are physically active tend to look fresh and younger even as they age.
Thus in order to look healthy and great it is also necessary to feel healthy and great from within. Hence, from now on kick off smoking and drinking, join a gym and eat healthy.
Dyspareunia is a phenomenon noticed in both males and females, but more frequently in females. It refers to recurring pain during or after sexual intercourse. Such kind of pain affects female genitalia usually the vagina, clitoris, or at times the depths of the pelvis. This pain is often accompanied by a burning, itching or throbbing sensation which can prove to be extremely discomforting if left unattended. Thankfully, a careful examination of symptoms leading to Dyspareunia and its early diagnosis can improve a person's sexual health.
Indicators of this deep rooted problem
- Pain can occur during penetration in and around the vagina, urethra or the bladder.
- Pain can be a new occurrence after earlier instances of painless intercourse.
- It can be felt throughout intercourse in places, such as deep in the pelvis or even after intercourse.
- The intensity of the ache is sometimes sharp and at other times, it is as piercing as menstrual cramps.
- It need not necessarily be associated with intercourse; pain can be experienced during any kind of penetration. Thus, using a tampon or a moon cup can also result in soreness.
- Skin diseases can either be a symptom or a root cause leading to the problem. Skin problems, such as Psoriasis or Lichen Sclerosus should not be taken lightly.
- Tightening of vaginal muscles at the beginning of intercourse may or may not be superficial pain. In most cases, it is identified as Vaginismus but it can also be a symptom of acute Dyspareunia.
Ways to nip the pain in the bud
- While, usually, pain during sexual intercourse is a result of adolescence or a traumatic sexual history, it can also be the result of a physiological problem contracted at birth. However, treatment in any situation is necessary to enable smooth functioning of one's life.
- Injectable corticosteroids might prove to be helpful.
- There are oral medications to remedy the problem; antibiotics and antifungal medicines.
- Increase in estrogen levels through the use of the drug Osphena helps in curing frailty of vaginal tissues.
Precautionary measures to be followed at home
- Taking a warm bath before intercourse can lead to betterment.
- It is best to avoid sex when in stress. Both partners should be relaxed to ensure a complete lack of pain.
- After sex pain can be relieved by applying an ice pack around the vulva.
- Urinating before sex can be helpful. It is also good to use water soluble lubricants for stimulation.
I had sex at the last two days of my periods and now I have missed periods for three days is it possible for me to get pregnant.
We’ve always heard that friendships may come and go, but sibling relationships last forever. Over the course of our lives we share many memories and experiences and often times they are the ones who know us best. There are many types of sibling relationships ranging from ones who share everything with each other to those who don’t even acknowledge each other’s presence. However, there are always things we can do to improve our relationships with our siblings. Here are a few things you could try:
1.Get rid of baggage
Growing up, we all feel the pressures from parents and neighbours. They sometimes pit siblings against one another. So, before talking to your sibling, get rid of all the baggage you may be carrying around from childhood and start with a clean slate.
2. Break the ice
If you really want to solve the issues between you and your sibling, don’t hesitate to be the first to talk to them. Put your ego aside and talk to them to resolve your issues.
3. Time for a ceasefire
In order for a ceasefire to happen all sides have to want it. If you and your siblings agree that it is time to resolve whatever differences you may have, sit down and talk through the problem. Just remember, once a ceasefire is called it is important to not start up arguments again simply because discussions may not be going your way.
4. Offer solutions
It is not enough to place blame and state that there is a problem. You have to be ready to want to find a solution and alter it according to what you both think is right. You cannot expect your sibling to stand there and take blame for everything. Come up with a solution that suits everyone involved.
5. Are you the problem?
If you feel like you can’t trust your sibling and often find yourself lying or skimping on the truth because you feel they may not understand, ask yourself if the problem is really them or you. Tell your siblings what it is you need from them. Don’t be afraid of what they’ll say and don’t avoid them because you may not like what they have to say.