Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Uma Rani
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Uma RaniYour feedback matters!
My mother is suffering from typical gout problem. She is 51 years old. Due to this problem she is unable to stand for a longer period. I want to know what kind of foods will help her reduce the pain? She also has high blood pressure and regularly takes medicine for that. Please suggest whether she should intake a cup or two green tea a day?
I did sex with my gf on 16 jan her mc cycle is 2-5 jan now her period was missing then I checked with prega news the result is positive kindly suggest me nearest Gynecologist where I can end the pregnancy privately.
Wondering what went so wrong? Why did you have to go through failed IVF cycle? After failed IVF treatment, your mind is bombarded with so many questions. Failed IVF treatment is not the end of the world, there is still a hope. You could still be pregnant with a child; it’s a matter of time and patience. International Fertility Centre (IVF) is the hope and blessing for so many infertile couple, globally, with the highest success rate for IVF treatment.
International Fertility Centre and Dr. Rita Bakshi
Failure of IVF treatment is not something that cannot be treated. International Fertility Centre offers successful IVF treatment even after failure of earlier IVF cycles. We make sure our team provides you the best possible outcome as per your satisfaction. IFC is equipped with the modernized technology for IVF treatment to produce desired outcome. Dr. Rita Bakshi is the reputed IVF specialist and is worldly renowned for her excellence record in the field of ARTs. She offers the best guidance, consultation and never lets the patient to breakdown emotionally, mentally or physically.
Reasons behind failed IVF cycle
Failed IVF cycle is not unusual and it’s not just you. It is a very common problem and generally, for some couples it takes 2-3 IVF cycles to get pregnant with a child. There are many factors that result in IVF failure.
Age of a woman and her partner plays a significant role for successful IVF treatment. Probability of failed IVF cycle for the woman below 35 years of age is lower than the woman above 35 – 40 years of age. Age of the egg matters if used a donor egg as the egg quality weakens as the age increases.
With the increased age, chromosomal abnormalities also increases that leads to greater chances of miscarriage and failure of pregnancy. Embryo formed after fertilization starts showing abnormal behavior resulting in IVF failure.
Sperm used during IVF treatment should be of good quality. Low sperm quality is the very common factor for miscarriage and improper fertilization of embryo to result in pregnancy.
Problems with egg retrieval
Sometimes the stimulation of ovaries is not proper even after IVF medications which results in production of lower than expected eggs and of worse quality. This makes it difficult to retrieve good quality eggs for fertilization.
Imperfect embryo implantation
After fertilization, right positioning of embryo into the uterus is required to result in pregnancy. When an embryo is not placed at required place, it hinders the growth and development of an embryo and results in failed IVF cycle.
At International Fertility Centre, our gynecologists use the best medication for best ovarian response and embryo selection technique used at our fertility centre is also promising. Implantation of embryo is undertaken with great care and attention so as to drive positive results.
My mensuration started late at the age of 18, with medications. As a child I was diagnosed with epilepsy and took medication for 7 years. I had a depressing childhood, with lots of pressures to cope up with. Everything was normal until at the age of 23 I stopped having my mensuration, after lots of test and medication for year and a half from best experience d doctors nothing changed I changed my gyno and had all the test dine, their is nothing wrong in the test, I do have small ovaries but nothing wrong as told by doctor. I even got my gluten checked but alas, it was also fine. The doctor has prescribed me femilon, and has told me to continue, hopping sometime I might get my periods again Kindly, let me know if their is I can do about this condition. I want to be normal again, medication is not my thing. I have gained weight around 3 kg. I also have vitamin D deficiency.
Gastritis is a very common health issue and is faced by all all age groups. There are many factors that lead to gastritis or compound the already existing situation. Basically, gastritis is swelling of stomach lining. Spicy food, medicines, tobacco, alcohol etc. can cause or increase the gastric acid production and disturb, weaken or damage the normal stomach lining.
Gastritis is of two types:
- Acute gastritis, which occurs suddenly
- Chronic gastritis, which develops over a period of time
In India, gastritis is a very common disorder which occurs at any age but is more widespread in the adolescent age group (12-17 years).
Gastritis occurs when there is an imbalance between the acid production and damage to the stomach lining, resulting in swelling of the stomach lining. However, sometimes gastritis can cause pain in the upper part of the abdomen and may lead to stomach ulcers.
Symptoms of gastritis vary among individuals, and in many people there are even no symptoms. It also depends on the duration of disease, whether it is acute (happening suddenly) or chronic (causing symptoms over a long period of time).
The most common symptoms of acute gastritis include:
- Water brashes (sour fluid or tasteless saliva into the mouth)
- Belching (expelling air from the stomach through the mouth)
- Abdominal bloating or stomach fullness
- Upper abdominal pain or discomfort
- Nausea/feeling of vomiting
- Irregular bowel movement
- Recurrent indigestion
Simple natural ways to treat gastritis:
- Taking half a gram of long pepper powder with honey is an effective way to curb gastritis. It is advisable to take this mixture twice a day.
- Triphla powder is a very good Ayurvedic remedy to treat gastritis. Boil one tablespoon of Triphla powder in one glass of water, reduce it to half its content and then filter it. Consume it hot after dinner.Fennel seeds also very efficiently deals with the condition of gastritis. It is advisable to chew half a teaspoon of fennel seeds after food to keep gastritis at bay.
- Readily available lemon also helps relieve feeling of nausea and bloating. Having lemon juice subsides vomiting sensation and bloating.
- Triphla powder is a very good Ayurvedic remedy to treat gastritis. Boil one tablespoon of Triphla powder in one glass of water, reduce it to half its content and then filter it. Consume it hot 20 minutes after dinner.
My girl friend fingering herself daily while taking bath. Is this create any problem regarding child birth or any other health issues? If any problem means how can she able to treat it? Because im going to marry her within 3 years.
Sir, There is any side effects of taking unwanted 72 in future? Is it necessary to take pills after using condom.
My wife is 23 years old and 6 weeks pregnant, is it safe for her to experience orgasm by only stimulating her clots? Pls advice.
I want to have safe sex with girlfriend. I should do after or before her period. Please suggest exact days.
There is a prevalent misconception that gynecologists are for women what urologists are for men. But urologists also deal with certain women-related health issues. These include overactive bladder, pelvic organ prolapse, and urinary incontinence.
Following are the 5 points which every female should know:
- Women sometimes pee in their pants too: A majority of the female population between 40 and 60 suffer from either stress incontinence (when you cough, sneeze or laugh) or urgency incontinence (leaking when you want to go badly). Urologists want you to know that there are less invasive options and medications available to treat this problem.
- Recognize pelvic organ prolapse: This condition is defined by a bit of bladder, rectal, or uterine tissue bulging into your vagina. An urologist can provide non invasive options to deal with this.
- Age related factors affect both men and women: Right around the time when menopause and andropause strike, changing hormone levels affect the pelvic floor, bladder, urethra and vagina in women causing problems like urinary tract infection and incontinence. These conditions are effectively treated by an urologist who can also probe for underlying conditions like kidney stone, polyp, or tumor in severe cases.
- An overactive bladder is more common than you think: Around 40% women have to hit the bathroom every hour or so owing to this. Simple lifestyle changes like lowering the intake of caffeine and alcohol, in combination with pelvic floor exercises can solve the problem.
- Pelvic pain: If it is not gynaecology then it is urology. A general pain in the pelvic region triggers a visit to the gynaecologist first for most women.From menstrual cramps to ovarian cysts, all of this may well be taken care of by your gynaecologist too. But when the usual culprits are not the cause for your discomfort, it's time you get the urology aspect examined thoroughly too. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.