Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. UmaYour feedback matters!
I am having pcod and having weight 65 kg recently I am taking medical and seoxy antioxidants recently I got heavy periods n had a severe lower back pain what you suggest.
I was having my periods on 1st march 2016. We had unprotected sex from 1st march to 13 march. He didn't ejaculated inside me. He used removal method. My periods were due on 1st April 2016. But I haven't got yet. I took home pregnancy test on 5th and 7th April 2016. Both were negative. I dnt have any symptoms of pregnancy. Kindly guide.
Hello sir im 29 year old married in last may my wife's cycle time change from last two month it came on 25 may then it came 21 june in between we had sex without using any protection is there any chance of pregnancy and which are safe days for sex without protection if cycle time date is 25 of every month. Thank you.
I hav been aborted 4months back because of low AFI. Since then I have not experienced my malnutrition/period cycle. How much time/ period it take/requires for 1st cycle post abortion?
Founded upon the principle “like cures like” by Dr. Samuel hahnemann in the early 19th century, mahatma gandhi &saint vivekanandjistated that “ homeopathy cures a larger percentage of cases than any other method of treatment.” additionally, Dr. Charles frederick menninger, founder of the menninger clinic, declared that, “homeopathy is wholly capable of satisfying the therapeutic demands of this age better than any other system or school of medicine.”
Homeopathy works to promote optimal health for the entire individual on all levels: physically, mentally and emotionally. Homeopathy is essentially an energy medicine. Based upon the premise that all disease is the result of some derangement or weakness of our vital force, which by its very existence is energy itself and not substance. Therefore, the only way to bring about a true and lasting cure for our maladies is to introduce a remedy into our organism, which exists on the identical plane and contains those same properties as that vital force which has become compromised.
Embracing those very same principles of nature and of natural healing found in other ancient therapeutics, homeopathy seeks to re-establish both balance and harmony to an individual’s health through the administration of specifically designed remedies. The source of these remedies are derived from all naturally occurring substances. Through scientifically formulated methods, the preparation of these remedies are designed to ensure that they will resonate and stimulate the core of the weakened life force thus enabling it to become strengthened once again and allow the healing process to occur organically from within.
Since the vital force “knows” the precise nature of its own weakness and the accompanying symptoms, which manifest and result from that derangement, once strengthened with homeopathic remedies only the vital force itself can initiate and bring about a speedy return to complete health on all levels.
For over two centuries homeopathic medical treatment has brought about cures for millions of people world wide in a rapid, gentle and permanent way. Until the 1920’s it accounted for approximately 25 percent of all medicine practiced in india. Its renowned use has been long acknowledged throughout the world as a major medical therapeutic. The royal family uses homeopathic medicine for all their members as well as many nationally recognized celebrities.
I have blood in urine, can you aware me about problem that If after drinking lot of water even then there is trace of blood seen in urine with cloudy urine. Is this blood comes from kidneys or uterus or lower urinary tract?
I and my girlfriend had protected sex on 2feb. But I rubbed her without protection for 5-10 sec. Following which she took an ipill under 24 hours and had her withdrawal bleeding on 8th Feb for 3 days. Now she has not got her periods. Did upt twice in last 7 days and both are negative. Please help.
Before my periods I always get spotting for 3 to 4 days and then after 4th day I have my regular periods. Is this fine if I am thinking to conceive.
Type II Diabetes is also known as Non-Insulin Dependent Diabetes Mellitus (NIDDM) or Adult-onset Diabetes. Diabetes mellitus is a syndrome characterized by increased level of sugar (glucose) in the blood due to deficiency or inactivity of hormone 'Insulin' that is absolutely necessary to monitor glucose metabolism of body. This is a metabolic disorder that is primarily characterized by insulin resistance, relative insulin deficiency and consecutively hyperglycemia. Diabetes is prevalent worldwide and if not attended properly, it may lead to serious complications.
Causes of Type II Diabetes:
Diabetes basically occurs due to defective insulin secretion combined with defective responsiveness of the body to the insulin (also called Insulin resistance). Due to both these factors, hyperglycemia starts occurring in the body. It is strongly associated with obesity and with increasing age. A strong inheritance pattern has been noted in cases of type 2 diabetes. Sedentary lifestyle, pregnancy, hypertension, cardiovascular diseases, etc pose as risk factors for developing Diabetes.
Type 2 diabetes can begin at any age though it is not very common in childhood. It usually begins with insulin resistance, a condition in which the body does not use insulin properly. At first, the pancreas keeps up with the added demand by producing more insulin but later it loses the ability to secrete enough insulin in response to meals. This ultimately results in Hyperglycemia (high levels of glucose in circulation).
Homeopathic Treatment for Type II Diabetes:
Diabetes is a constitutional disorder as it is an offshoot of constitutional defects (genetic factors, altered immunity) having an impact on the entire constitution of an individual. Hence it calls for an in-depth constitutional approach for its management.
Homeopathy is based on the principle that disease is a total affliction of body. Moreover homeopathy recognizes importance of the underlying causes such as genetic and inherited factors as the root of any ailment of the body. Homeopathic medicines prescribed on such criteria plays a crucial role in management of many deep-rooted, chronic, difficult diseases; one amongst them being Diabetes.
When we talk about diseases like diabetes, we talk in terms of management rather than cure. Homeopathic treatment along with intake of hypoglycemic drugs and/or insulin can prevent the progress and the complications associated with this condition. Moreover timely administered homeopathic medicines help in maintaining the levels of exogenous insulin and hypoglycemic drugs at minimum possible dosage and in preventing the further progress of the disease. However, it may be noted that there is no substitute to insulin in homeopathy. The role of a healthy diet and exercise cannot be underestimated along with all the above treatment measures.
I had intercourse around 8-10 times in last 4 days. Yesterday night I had intercourse and after that I am getting unbearable pain while urinating. I am getting immense pain while passing urine through vagina. While urinating initially I don't get pain but later I do go through immense pain. I never experienced such pain before. What this can be?
My wife aged 34 years was suffering from anemia last year had been on medicines since 1 year recently did her checkup TSH value is 7.52 and haemoglobin is 12.3 problem in conceiving prescribe medicine ASAP thanks.
It is a very common notion that fat is not good for your body. Most people have started opting for sugar instead of fat, which, in turn, has led to the rise in cases of diabetes. Recent studies have shown that fat is actually healthy for your body. Fat plays an important role in the body such as forming the membranes of the cell and reducing inflammation.
Here are some foods that are rich in fat and are actually good for you:
- Avocado: Avocadoes are different from other fruits in the way that they are rich in fats unlike other fruits, which mostly contain carbohydrates. It mostly contains oleic acid, a type of monounsaturated fat that is beneficial for the immune system. They are also rich in fiber that lowers the bad cholesterol levels in the body.
- Dark chocolate: As mouthwatering as it can get, dark chocolates never fall out of a foodie’s list of things he can’t do without. Studies have always attributed chocolates with all the ill effects they can possibly bring on you. However, recent researches have come up with quite contrary results, which can make all the prejudiced ones eat the humble pie. Dark chocolates, apart from their exotic varieties, come with incredible health benefits as well. It is rich in fats and antioxidants, known to improve your cardiovascular health. Chocolate is also known to lower blood pressure and improve brain function.
- Fish: Fish such as sardines, mackerel and salmon are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids which are very beneficial for your heart. It lowers the risk of heart disease and other cardio vascular diseases.
- Nuts: Nuts are rich in healthy mono-saturated fats which reduce the risk of diabetes, obesity and heart diseases. Nuts also contain magnesium and Vitamin E which are good for the body.
- Extra virgin olive oil: Extra virgin olive oil is rich in Vitamin K and E along with various antioxidants. These antioxidants help in preventing inflammation and free radical damage to the body.
- Chia seeds: Chia seeds are types of seeds which are rich in fats and fiber, thus promoting satiety. They have anti-inflammatory properties and help in lowering the blood pressure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Dear doctor. I am 52 year old. Had my menopause since 45 years. Bp low to normal. More of bad cholestrol. Less of good. A bit high triglycerides. Pre diabetic. Always on the high borderline. No medication whatsoever. However, I have constant heel pain. Ortho said flat foot. Suggested surgical slippers. Yet no relief. Standing for long. Walking and moving around for long. Particularly in malls and bnarefoot in temples etc, aggravates the problem. Weight wise. Slightly on the higher side. Did allopathy cum ayurved, accupuncture. Diet control like avoiding all night shade vegetables etc, all in vain. I also have this trigger finger problem on my right hand ring finger. What could be my problem. I also find difficulty climbing. Short breath. Please diagonise my problem and suggest effective remedies. Thanking you. Sincerely.
Sir, my sister 36yrs of age, is suffering from gas from past few years and recently she developed pain in her breast. What can be the cause and how to get cured. Please help.
These nuts are exceptionally a dense powerhouse of essential vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that will aid the body in muscle growth and staying slim. Eating these nuts can lead to more energy and stronger muscles. 1/3 cup of almonds delivers 271 calories, 10 g of protein, 10 g of carbs and 23g of fat.
Turkey breast is absolutely great for bulking up your overall muscle growth. It is high on protein, low fat and slightly higher in cholesterol than most lean meats and fish. One serving of Turkey breast delivers 34 calories, 14% fat, 16% carbs and 70% proteins.
Adding lean cuts of red meat to your diet is an excellent way to help muscle growth. Red meat is also a rich source of dietary iron that helps maximize athletic performance.
Eggs are convenient food that is fast and easy to cook. To stay really fit and healthy, it is best eating the egg whites and occasionally the yolk. The protein in eggs has the highest value. Calorie for calorie is what you actually need for muscle growth. Eggs are rich sources of vitamins and minerals. They are packed with riboflavin, vitamins B6, B12, D and E, iron, phosphorus and zinc.
Spinach is a well known green vegetable that is rich various vitamins and nutrients such as calcium and iron. New research says that nitrates from vegetables like spinach make muscles stronger.
Yogurt is the perfect combination of protein and carbohydrates that is extremely good for exercise recovery and muscle growth. Studies have shown that yogurt in one of the few foods that has conjugated linoleic acid, a special type of fat that aid to reduce body fat.
Quinoa is a typical high protein grain which is not a rice or couscous. It can be sweet and savory; has a nutty texture and rich flavor. It is one of the best additions to your daily diet especially for boys who are trying to build lean muscle using natural ingredients. This protein is made up of all 9 essential amino acids which means it’s a complete protein that will help build and repair your muscles. It contains only 3 grams of fat for ¼ cup serving and is cholesterol and gluten free.
Oatmeal is an excellent carbohydrate diet that packs in an abundance of fiber and carbs which is ideal for the diet of bodybuilders. While protein is definitely the most important, carbohydrates and fats too play a vital role in muscle building process.
When it comes to muscle growth, fish really tops the list especially Salmon is a protein powerhouse yielding around 25 grams of protein per 100 gram serving. It is also amazing loaded with omega 3 fatty acids and heart healthy monounsaturated fats. Salmon is an excellent source of vitamin D.
Chickpeas or Garbanzo beans are another great food for muscle growth. They are excellent choice to be included in your diet as they contain carbohydrates and loaded with fiber. You can eat them boiled or cook to make a yummy hummus.
You could also include other foods like berries, flax seeds, broccoli, tomatoes, carrots, oranges, apples etc in your diet that aid in muscle building.
Hello doc i am planning for baby, please suggest me when to start intercourse my period was regular, this month was started on 21 to 23 so when should I start. Please help me out thank u.
I'm a virgin and girlfriend is also a virgin we both are planning to have sex since we are dating from a long time. How should we go about? Should I use condoms or contraceptive pills? When is the best time to have unprotected sex after her periods or before?
Remember the old saying that prevention is better than cure. Women are often bombarded with information that includes many tests but there are a few which should never be ignored.
1)breast cancer screening: this should start when a woman is in her 20's and 30's by breast self examination done once in three months after periods. If you feel any lump, follow it up with your gynecologist. A mammography is recommended after 40 every year till 50 and every alternate year after that till 75 years of age. A person may require more frequent testing if she at high risk due to her personal or family history.
2) cervical cancer screening: cervix is the entry to the uterus where a baby grows. Cervical cancer is still the no. One cancer in sexually active women in india. It is important to have regular screening by doing pap smear tests after starting sexual activity and then if normal, once every 3 years till 65 years of age. The main reason this cancer occurs is due to hpv infection and after the age of 30 years every woman should have a&nbsp;hpv- dna test done once in her lifetime to assess her risk of getting this cancer.
3) osteoporosis screening: osteoporosis means weak and porous bones that are more likely to get fractured with smallest of falls and injuries. Bones start to lose their density after menopause in women. There are many high risk factors due to which the bones can start to weaken early but if none exist then at least a base line dexa scan which is an x-ray based test should be done at 65 years of age.
4) high blood pressure and cholesterol screening: high blood pressure is known to be a silent killer and it is important to get your blood pressure once a year after 30. But if you are overweight or have other high risk factors in your history, you can get it checked early to suit your lifestyle. Any blood pressure reading of more than 140 by 90 on two occasions means that you need to start treatment. High cholesterol is responsible for clogging our arteries and may lead to heart damage. Lipid profile should be done once in 5 years after the age of 25 years if normal.
5) blood sugar: if you are normal then a sugar testing should be done once every 3 years after 40 years. If there are risk factors like overweight, sedentary lifestyle or family history, one has to suit your individual needs. A fasting value of more than 125 or hba1c value of more than 6.5% suggests diabetes.