Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
My eye power is -2 in right and -1.5 in left what is best diet for my eye and what is the minimum use of mob. Laptop in a day which make my eye good and perfect.
I have red eyes few some weeks and my bones are feel very week. And I have problem with my health. So what can I do for this?
Myself crstina m from from Sikkim I want just ask one question that I'm having. My eyes are red in evening time what I do.
Hello Sir My self Praveen I have hill pain some time again it Will go why it is tell me And One more my eyes or burning morning time please Tell any solution Tell me sir please.
I am 2 years old my right eye number is -4.5 and left is -4.0 and I want to do it zero for both tell me the solution.
Dear Dr. I am suffering from a condition - myasthenia gravis and on medications since last 1 year (Azoran 75mg /day, Distinon 180mg/day, prednisolone 10mg, supracal 1000mg, clopidogrel 75mg) I had a thymectomy in April 2015 along with single by-pass (CABG), earlier immunosuppressant (mycept) was stopped and had myasthenic crisis in june 2015, hospitalized in ICU given pulse steroid shots (5), immunoglobulin therapy. February 2016 underwent cataract surgery - nuclear cataract. Generally anxious. Need your kind advise please on reducing stress and relieving the myasthenia.
My eyes become red when I ride activah and came back I see my eyes becomes red. So their is any solution so please tell me and when I watch TV above 2 hour I have headache?
I would like to know if there is any treatment for optic atrophy in any medicine ,ie, allopathy or alternative medicine
Sir This is my eyes problem I seen double vision every time and also tear fell every tome please solve my eyes problem.
Sir/madam please suggest me a best NIGHT DRIVING specs for me whereas I have spherical and cylindrical number.
Can squint be treated with eye exercises .plz help sir. Plzzz. What precautions need to be taken. Treatment.
Can we use contact lenses more than 1 month which is actually gave for just a month. If we use more than a month will be there any side effects?.
I have got red eyes for the past 3 days. Now tears are falling often from eyes. I had eye drops for 2 days but it had become only severe. What should I do now?
An inflammation resulting in the formation of a thin layer inside the eyelids or the white part of the eyeball is known as pink eye or conjunctivitis. This condition turns the eye ball into pinkish color, hence the name. Based on the severity of the infection, either one or both eyes get affected.
What are the common symptoms?
- Medium to heavy swelling of the eye
- Eye crusting after sleep
- A burning sensation
- Irritation, itching or blurred vision
- Redness and increased sensitivity of the eye
Different kinds of conjunctivitis:
- Allergic Conjunctivitis: This is the type of conjunctivitis that results from eye irritants such as animal dander, dust particles and pollen. This is not infectious in nature. Treatment prescribed by ophthalmologist includes eye drops and non-steroidal medications. It is advised to keep the eye moist till it gets cured.
- Viral Conjunctivitis: As the name suggests, this kind of conjunctivitis is caused due to a viral attack. Sadly though, antibiotics don’t work and there is no particular medication for this type of conjunctivitis. Like common cold, viral conjunctivitis runs its course in a span of 1-2 weeks. Since virus is contagious, it is necessary to ensure that the microbes don’t spread. Some common prevention measures are listed below:
- Eye cosmetics should be abandoned till the conjunctivitis is cured
- Hands should be frequently cleaned
- Hand and eyes should not be in contact
- Frequent change of pillow covers, towels and clothes
- Swimming should be completely avoided
- Spectacles in place of lens should be used until advised otherwise by a medical practitioner
- Bacterial Conjunctivitis: This kind of conjunctivitis is caused by the streptococcal bacteria and has potential to cause real damage if proper medication is not taken on time. This is highly contagious. Prescription often includes antibiotic drop and ointments. The medication is prescribed for 2-3 weeks depending on the level of bacterial spread in the eye. It is very essential to complete the full course of medication to avoid recurrence. Prevention measures as stated above should be strictly followed.
- Chemical conjunctivitis: Eye irritants such as chlorine cause this conjunctivitis. Frequent swimmers often get affected by this type of eye infection. Topical steroids are prescribed to cure this kind of infection. Immediate medical attention is required to avoid lasting injury to the eye.
How to prevent pink eye?
While prevention is the best way to refrain from conjunctivitis, some basic hygiene checks are very important. Here is a list of must do’s:
- Do not share personal items such as combs, towels and toiletries.
- Stay away from a conjunctivitis infected patient
- Using of goggles while swimming
- Frequent usage of hand sanitizer and hand wash