Lybrate.com has top trusted Physiotherapists from across India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Uday Pratap
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Uday PratapYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from backache since last 4 years now and tried all sort of medications gels home remedies yoga but all of temporary use. I feel so shy to wear anything revealing around back neck. Please help and advise.
Slip disk is a condition of the spinal column which consists of a stack of vertebras from the cervical, thoracic and the lumbar spine.The bones of the spine are cushioned by disks that are present to absorb shocks. Trauma to the spine may cause the disk to bulge or be ruptured. This may lead to pain in the neck and the back.
Causes of Slip Disc-
Slip disk is caused when the jelly like substance present in the disks bulges out. The damaged disk thus puts pressure on the adjacent nerve causing excruciating pain. The various causes of a slipped disk are:
- Incorrect form during exercise: If you are into weight lifting, it is important that you use proper form during exercising. Moves like barbell squat and deadlifts can put pressure on the spine and lead to disk problems, if not done correctly. Make sure you work on your core strength and keep your lower back straight while exercising.
- Smoking: Smoking causes the disks to lose their flexibility and thus, increases the risk of slipped disk.
- Ageing: Ageing decreases the content of water in the spine, thus leading to inflexibility.
The symptoms of slip disk are:
- Pain on one side of the body that tends to aggravate over time.
- Activities such as sitting and coughing may lead to pressure on the spine causing pain.
- Your range of motion on certain movements may be restricted.
- Pain in the neck while moving it.
- Numbness in the shoulder and the neck region.
- You may experience tingling sensations in the genitals, hips and the legs.
- You may have muscles spasms which lead to sudden contraction of the muscles.
- It may also lead to partial paralysis of the lower body.
- If you are overweight, try to reduce weight and then focus on maintaining healthy weight levels.
- Maintain proper posture while sitting or standing.
- Exercise on a regular basis to build strength and keep your joints healthy.
- Don't remain in seated position for an extended period of time. Take small breaks in between to stretch.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have pain in my right leg, starting from behind thighs and behind knees. Some times I feel pain in bottom of my heel.
I am 43 years old male and is suffering from backache and leg pain till morning. I have acidity too. I had used ointment and acidity tablets and didn't find any cure. What can I do for cure my pain.
I'm suffering from severe back pain. How can I be relieved. Also my lower stomach hurts. Feeling indigestible. Please help me with this.
Knee pain is a common phenomenon that plagues most of the people irrespective of their age. It can be the outcome of a torn cartilage or a ruptured ligament. Medical complications, such as infections, gout or arthritis (painful inflammation and stiffness of the joints) can also give way to knee pain. Minor knee pain can be eased by self-care remedies such as physical therapy or by putting on knee braces. However, few complications might demand surgical repair. Pain can be managed by the pain management specialists.
Tips to manage knee pain:
1. Medications such as naproxen, ibuprofen and acetaminophen can be administered to help remedy knee pain.
2. You can seek relief by massaging your knees with ointments constituting of a number of agents such as capsaicin or lidocaine.
3. Keep away from your usual chores to prevent repetitive strains on the knees, thus, allowing the injury to heal as well as to stay safe from further damage.
4. Applying an ice pack in a towel can ease the inflammation and pain. But do not extend its usage for more than 20 minutes because that might harm the skin and nerves.
5. Compression bandages can inhibit fluid accumulation in the damaged tissues aiding knee alignment stability. Ensure that it is tight enough to render support to your knees without actually obstructing blood circulation.
6. To pacify the swelling, try resting your sore leg on a pillow (the idea here is to keep the affected leg elevated to reduce further pain).
7. Shed off your extra pounds as being overweight increases chances of other disorders such as osteoarthritis problem.
8. Go for regular work outs to enhance and maintain the flexibility of your muscles as excessively weak or abnormally tight muscles can contribute to injuries. Be smart while choosing your method of exercise based on the condition you are suffering from. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.