Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. U K GhoshYour feedback matters!
I had one fibroadenoma in left breast. Bt before 6 months I operated. Now I don't have bt still sometimes I feel pain there. Soo please call you tell me what should i do & why its paining.
I have very much dark spot under my eyes can't solve it have taken so much medicine what should I do?
I have whiteheads on nose, upper lip and lower chin please suggest me remove whiteheads and my face skin is very dry.
Laser hair removal is a medical procedure that uses a laser, which is an intense, pulsating beam of light to remove unwanted hair. During laser hair removal, a laser beam passes through the skin to an individual hair follicle. The intense heat of the laser damages the hair follicle, inhibiting future hair growth. Although laser hair removal slows hair growth, it does not guarantee permanent hair removal. It takes multiple laser hair removal treatments to provide hair-free skin. Laser surgery for facial hair removal helps your skin look younger and healthier by treating aging, acne, and blotches, scars, wrinkles, lines or excess hair on the face.
This surgery comes with its own share of benefits, which are:
- First of all, laser hair removal is precise. The laser only targets the pigmented area of the skin on your face, such as the hair follicle. This is why only the hair follicle is burned and not the skin surrounding the area, making it a safe procedure.
- Laser hair removal is most effective on the hairs in the early part of the hair growing stage. A concentrated beam of light is aimed at the hair follicle. The laser then converts its energy into heat and heats up the hair follicle preventing it from growing any further.
- Laser hair removal removes unwanted hair from your face at the speed of light. The laser is designed to treat several hairs in a large surface area, all at the same time. There is no downtime after the service and no sticky residue left behind.
- The pain factor varies from person to person because every person has a different level of pain tolerance. Laser surgery is described as feeling like a gentle pinch or like the snap of a warm rubber band.
- Laser hair removal has many benefits that make it a viable option for many people to permanently deal with unwanted hair. You can ask many questions during your consultation to make sure you fully understand the procedure they use and how they deal with the treatment of pain.
Even though laser hair removal surgery on the face is largely safe, there are certain very minor side effects that are associated with it that you need to keep in mind before opting for it. The risks involved with laser surgery occur very rarely including a change in skin tone, burns, and blistering. If performed correctly by a trained professional with a lot of experience, laser surgery for hair removal is very safe. You may have slight redness or local swelling on the treatment area of your face that typically resolves within several hours. Limiting your exposure to the sun before and after treatment can minimize the risk of complications.
I have black dots on my face scene what can I do sir? Maazya tondawar kaale daag aahe mi te hatvinyasathi kay karo shakti sir?
I have marks in my whole body and face and I have kidney pains also alao I have leg oains and joint pains.
I am using skin lite ointment since 1 month. Suddenly I have stopped using it. My face turned to dark and pale dark marks also increased in my face. What should I need to do. Please help me.
I have oily skin. What can I do for best result. & I also want to increase wate. Give me best suggestions.
I have a problem. My skin full with pimples. What should I do for this problem. And which type of cream I need to use?
Laser skin resurfacing is a cosmetic procedure which helps in rejuvenating the skin. The effects of sun, old age and some facial skin disorders are also reduced with laser skin resurfacing. This procedure is quite safe, convenient and provides effective results. The expenses for this procedure are comparatively lesser than other related cosmetic procedures.
Laser skin resurfacing is also called laser peel and helps in the removal of damaged outer layers of the skin. The production of collagen and new skin cells in also stimulated. As a result of this procedure, your skin becomes smoother, younger and looks healthy.
During the procedure, a laser is used, which dissolves the molecular bonding of damaged skin cells. This is done layer by layer until the appearance of the skin gets smoother and more uniform. The damaged skin layers are peeled during this procedure.
Laser skin resurfacing can be performed to different depths, according to your requirement. All facial lines and wrinkles are improved depending upon the depth. There are different devices used for laser skin resurfacing and hence, the procedure can be divided into several types, based on the types of laser used.
Types of Lasers:
1. CO2 lasers: This device accounts for being the highest intensity laser skin resurfacing treatment. After using CO2 lasers, the skin's appearance becomes tighter and much smoother. The laser utilizes heat for the restriction of collagen bonds. CO2 lasers help in diminishing or eliminating scars, wrinkles, warts and birthmarks. CO2 lasers are used in early stages of cancer treatment.
2. Erbium lasers: These lasers are capable of removing the thin layers of the skin. These are less powerful than the CO2 lasers, but more precise. This laser skin resurfacing is carried out mostly in people with a dark complexion as the risk of permanent changes to skin pigmentation are less. The healing period is shorter, and these lasers are used for treating minimal wrinkles or lines.
3. Fraxel lasers: Fraxel laser skin resurfacing procedure is different from the other laser treatment methods. The Fraxel laser procedure is non-invasive and fewer side effects occur after the treatment. Skin tenderness and pain are not felt after the treatment. This treatment requires several sessions to be completed.
A laser skin resurfacing procedure enhances your skin's beauty and youthfulness as all facial lines or wrinkles are eliminated. The overall texture of the skin is also improved in case it becomes rough and coarse due to sun damage. The production of collagen in the lower dermis is stimulated as well. Laser skin resurfacing also removes skin growth like moles and warts.
Laser skin resurfacing is an effective cosmetic procedure for skin rejuvenation.
Note: All the wrinkles or facial lines are improved/eliminated depending upon age/depth and the type of Lasers used /indicated.