Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Tulasi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. TulasiYour feedback matters!
My l. M. P 20-8-2015. My Dr. says. I m 10weeks-4 days pregnant. I m confuse. please help me my 3rd mnth start? please tell me correct weeks.
Trying for second child I am 38 years with all reports normal. Trying for last two months I hav 5 yr. Old daughter pl. Suggest.
Maximum how many days can a girls periods be delayed? If she has stress or any kind of depression or somewhat.
It's said that blocked fallopian tube is the most common cause of female infertility in about 40% women. Fallopian tubes are channels through which the egg travels to reach the uterus and blockage of these tubes can put a stop to this from taking place. Depending on the different parts of the tubes, this form of blockage is of several types.
What are the different types of fallopian tube blockages?
- Proximal tubal occlusion: This form of fallopian tube blockage involves the isthmus (an area of about 2 cm long, this part of the fallopian tube connects the infundibulum and ampulla to the uterus). This problem occurs due to complications associated with abortion, cesarean section or PID (pelvic inflammatory disease).
- Mid-segment tubal obstruction: It occurs in the ampullary section of the fallopian tube and is most frequently a result of tubal ligation damage. The procedure of tubal ligation is performed to put a stop to pregnancy permanently.
- Distal tubal occlusion: This is a kind of blockage wherein the section of the fallopian tube that is close to the ovary is affected and is commonly associated with a condition known as hydrosalpinx (a condition in which the fallopian tube is filled with fluid). The latter often happens due to Chlamydia infection, leading to fallopian tube and pelvic adhesions.
The conditions that may give rise to this problem can include:
- Genital tuberculosis (the TB infection that occurs in the genital tract)
- Ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy in which the embryo places itself outside the uterus)
- Tubal ligation removal
- Complications related to surgery of the lower abdomen
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
- Uterine fibroids (benign growths that occur in the uterus)
- Endometriosis (development of uterine tissue outside of the organ)
These disorders can lead to the development of scar tissue, adhesions, polyps or tumors to form inside the pathway. Additionally, the tubes can also get stuck to other body parts such as ovaries, bladder, uterus and bowels. Two things can happen to the fallopian tubes, either they can become twisted or the tubes walls may stick together, leading to a complete blockage. Moreover, even if the fallopian tubes are partially damaged, they can remain open so as to enable pregnancy to occur, while increasing your risk for ectopic pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
*National Dengue Day*
*First National Dengue Day was observed on 16th May 2016 in country
*This is the acceleration of preventive measures for Dengue and Chikungunya prior to the monsoon.
*We as an educated & responsible people can also contribute in minimizing the Dengue burden in country and can save lives by doing simple things like
1. By not allowing water to stagnate in and around houses in containers
2. If we have to store water then cover it properly with tight lids
3. Check, clean, dry, scrub and refill the desert coolers
4. Check bird bath tubs, pots, vases, trays under refrigerators etc.
5. Motivate others to follow these instructions
6. Cooperate health worker during his/her visit to your home
7. Use full sleeved cloths
8. Use repellents, mosquito nets, wire meshes on doors and windows
9. Use coils, mats, vaporizers during day time too
10. Do not store solid waste on the roof to avoid mosquito breeding in rain water stagnation
Dengue is preventable but if it is ignored it may be fatal. Timely diagnosis and treatment can prevent valuable lives.
*Let us take a pledge to create* more and more *awareness about dengue* and *for taking small but effective measures* to save our society.