Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. TrupthiYour feedback matters!
My baby (8 months) is having cold continuously. He has running nose. He is on medication from last two months?
I am 60 yrs and mildly allergic to dust, smoke etc. I almost constantly have some post nasal mucoid discharge. Once in 3-4 months, I devolop phangitis with throat pain and cough and I am forced to take antibiotic to control it. Xrays and ent exam done do not show any abnormality, like polyps, sinusitis etc. Kindly advise.
From last 6 months I have a prblm in my throat actually I feel like something stuck in my throat nd need to clear up my throat continuously, specially after eating or drinking something or after waking up from a sleep. And when I wake up in morning I feel very bad inside my mouth like saliva smell please give me solution.
I am 27 year old female actually now days I am feeling very tired nd weakness and today little bit dizziness so what is the reason am I pregnant or what.
I am 72 years old I am taking OLSAR 20 tab daily in the morning but I am feeling dizziness in morning and evening since last 3 weeks my BP always remain normal.
I am suffering from meniere's disease since I year ent doctor confirmed this he gave vertin 16mg to take twice daily but still I getting vertigo now I am on german related homeo medicine but I am not feeling it working on me I want something to live my routine life because I am only 40 now please help.
Throat problem from last six month. 1-2 tym voice problem also. I take treatment from many ent doctors but little progress. They said its infection only. But should I do next. Because I am suffering from this too much.
What are the causes and symptoms of ear discharge?
Ear discharge is the phenomenon of fluids being expelled from the ear. This condition is also known as otorrhea.
The kinds of fluids that can be discharged from the ear range from blood to pus and other forms of bodily secretions. It is caused by a number of factors, which determine the exact nature of the condition and the diagnosis for treatment.
What are the causes of ear discharge?
Some forms of ear discharge are natural, such as ear wax which is produced by the body as a form of defense against external particles that may enter the ears. Other forms are unnatural and result from anomalies in the health system.
The causes of these include the following:
- Infections: This is the most common cause of ear discharge and occurs when bacteria and viruses infest the inside of the ear and lead to the secretion of fluids, which builds up in the middle ear or at the eardrum
- Swimmer’s Ear: This condition is also known as otitis externa and is caused by staying in water for prolonged periods. It results from excessive exposure to moisture that makes the walls of the ear canal to break down allowing bacteria and fungi to enter and infect the ear.
- Trauma: Excess pressure on the eardrum can cause it to rupture and discharge fluids. This happens due to a number of reasons such as exposure to loud explosive sounds or pressure from flying in aircrafts and scuba diving.
- Skull Injury: Damage to the bones behind the ear as a result of injury can also lead to ear discharge due to infection.
- Tonsillitis: Inflammation of tonsils may cause pain or a repeated infection in the ear leading to fluid discharge.
What are the symptoms associated with ear discharge?
Some of the symptoms of otorrhea are as follows:
- Abnormal and unusual secretion of fluids from the ear
- Swelling of the ear
- Partial or complete loss of hearing
- Pain and throbbing in the ear
- Accompanying signs such as fever and migraine
Diagnosis and treatment of the problem depend on the exact cause and nature of the condition, which also determines treatment and recovery time.